- Item #: i_245570Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Vinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "This is a compelling set of wines from Jackson Family Wines' Mt. Brave label from vineyards on Mt. Veeder. The Mt. Brave holdings are essentially a combination of Jackson's Veeder Peak Vineyard and the holdings Jackson acquired from Chateau Potel. Best of all, the wines remain reasonably priced within the context of Napa Valley."
"Mt. Brave's 2014 Merlot is powerful, dense and explosive. In this vintage, the wine is 100% Merlot. Punchy and bold, with plenty of dark red/purplish fruit and supporting mountain tannin, the 2014 is impressive. Savory herbs, iron, smoke and cedar infuse the expressive finish. This is a structured, hillside Merlot that needs time in bottle ."
ROBERT PARKER 91 POINTS - "This is a relatively new estate for the Jackson family, with their well-known Lokoya, Cardinale and La Jota winemaker, Chris Carpenter, looking after these wines from Mt. Veeder. Production of these cuvées ranges from a low of 515 cases for the Cabernet Franc to 3,698 cases for the highest scoring wine, the Cabernet Sauvignon."
"The 2014 Merlot (100% Merlot aged in 90% new oak) displays chocolaty blueberry and blackberry fruit, hints of roasted coffee and unsmoked cigar tobacco, medium to full body, soft, silky tannins and impressive intensity. Drink it over the next 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_248750Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS - "There are few truly profound Merlots being made in California, but Pahlmeyer has consistently made some of the best. I still have some that are 20+ years old and aging magnificently. I suspect that the last three vintages that they made were better than anything I bought 20+ years ago. The 2015 Merlot is 100% Merlot, but the crop level was off by 50%-60% because of the horrendous flowering that makes 2015 a relatively tiny crop in both Napa and Sonoma. This is a big, fleshy, rather hefty and chewy style of Merlot with loads of chocolate, blackberry, cassis, extraordinary opulence, voluptuous texture (as you might expect) and terrific ripeness without going over the edge. This should drink well young, but age effortlessly for 20-25 years."
- Item #: i_248740Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 92Jayson Pahlmeyer’s eponymous wine is now regarded as one of the blue chip brands of the Napa Valley. How did he do it? Jayson began by wanting to create his own California rendition of Bordeaux’s first growth Mouton Rothschild. He seeks out the best vineyards in Napa Valley, hires the best winemakers and cuts zero corners to ensure only the best wine made goes into this blend. Current winemaker Kale Anderson blends Cabernet Sauvignon with small parts of Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec and Petit Verdot from the Pahlmeyer Waters Ranch and the famed Stagecoach Vineyard.
ROBERT PARKER 95-97 POINTS - "Pahlmeyer certainly has one of the most consistently superb resumes for the last 30 years that any winery could desire."
The proprietary red wine blend has always been dominated by Cabernet Sauvignon, but it includes other Bordeaux varieties as well. It is kept 22-24 months in 100% new oak. The 2015 Proprietary Red Wine, a blend of 79% Cabernet Sauvignon, 16% Merlot and the rest Malbec, Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc, has super concentration, a massive mouthfeel, heady, intense flavors of black and blue fruits, chocolate, wood spice and barbecue notes. It is a killer effort and, as so many of the 2015s, another magnificent vintage for Northern California.
- Item #: i_249080Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94We've followed Tony Biagi and his winemaking talents for several years, from his times at Duckhorn and Paraduxx, to his more recent stays at Plumpjack, Cade, Hourglass and Sinegal. However, we are now proud to have his own Patria wines here at the store! Between the pedigree behind the wine and the quality of what is in the bottle, this label is poised to be on the radar of collectors and savvy connoisseurs alike. While we also carry the Patria Cabernet Sauvignon, Tony's "Avoyelles" bottling is a take on Cabernet Franc, a grape used in some of the best red wines in the world, such as Cheval Blanc from Bordeaux, or Dalla Valle's Maya from Napa.
ROBERT PARKER 94 POINTS - "The 2014 Oakville Ranch Avoyelles is an intriguing blend of 56% Cabernet Franc, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon and the rest Petit Verdot. I thought this was an outrageously delicious, complex wine with notes of incense, camphor, blueberry liqueur, blackcurrants, licorice and a touch of new oak in the background. It is deep, full-bodied, velvety textured and voluptuous with superb density and relatively pure, deep blue and black fruits. This full-bodied wine will offer delicious drinking over the next 12-15+ years."
- Item #: i_230410Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer To Kalon Vineyard reveals notes of blackberry preserves and blueberry compote with chocolate box, star anise, sandalwood, dried meat and black loam nuances. The full-bodied palate is earthy and muscular, with a solid frame of ripe, grainy tannins and just enough freshness to support the taut earthy and savory flavors, finishing on a lingering spicy note. 840 cases were made."
- Item #: i_230480Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 91ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley) is gorgeous. Black cherry, plum, chocolate, and leather are all front and center in this lush, voluptuous Cabernet Sauvignon. Drink it over the next decade."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Very deep garnet-purple in color, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (containing splashes of Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc) opens with expressive crushed plums, mulberries and cassis with touches of dark chocolate, baking spice and black soil. Medium to full-bodied, it fills the mouth with approachable, spicy black fruit, framed by grainy tannins and oodles of freshness, finishing long with a pleasant herbal lift. 5,899 cases were made."
- Item #: i_230460Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2015 Chardonnay Richard Dinner Vineyard sports vivacious tropical fruit notes of warm pineapple, green guava and mango with touches of baker's yeast, cashew paste, pie crust and ginger. Medium to full-bodied, the palate reveals a cornucopia of tropical fruit flavors, restrained by plenty of savory accents and finishing with great freshness and depth. 474 cases were made."
- Item #: i_229610Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 92JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "These latest releases from Paul Hobbs are pretty much sensational across the board and Hobbs’ finds a rare mix of purity and elegance matched to richness and concentration that hits all my sweet spots. Hobbs commented that 2016 was a perfect vintage where everything came together easily, and the resulting wines have a terrific sense of elegance, purity an balance that make them already irresistible, yet will also allow them to age gracefully. In addition, the lineup is easy to understand; Hobbs makes an appellation blend Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, and two single vineyards of each variety."
"Leading off the Pinot Noirs, the 2016 Pinot Noir Russian River Valley is a classic wine from this region as well as a great example of the style of this estate. Ripe black cherries, currants, flowers, and earthy notes all flow to a full-bodied, concentrated 2016 that has a beautiful sense of purity and elegance. Drink it anytime over the coming decade."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Pinot Noir reveals pronounced black cherries, wild blueberries, baking spices and dark chocolate notes plus an alluring waft of red roses. Full-bodied, concentrated and plushly textured, it fills the palate with decadent fruit and tons of spicy accents, finishing with fantastic length. 6,944 cases were made."
- Item #: i_251330Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Pine Ridge has long been one of the cornerstones of Napa Valley's Stag's Leap District. Utilizing the deft hand of winemaker Michael Beaulac, their wines have gone from fantastic to incredible! With the winery's commitment to quality and innovation, a vision emerged in 2003 to produce a wine that would embody the absolute best their estate vineyards have to offer. By carefully constructing a tête de cuvee from those vineyard blocks that emerge as standouts from the vintage, regardless of appellation, Pine Ridge has created an ultra-reserve Cabernet, dictated only by the philosophy of "simply the best."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The deep garnet-purple 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Fortis is scented of menthol with sautéed herbs and iodine over a core of baked blackcurrants and black plums plus scorched earth, tar, pepper and cedar suggestions. Medium to full-bodied, it's chewy and firm in the mouth with a good core of fruit but is still youthful and needs time."
- Item #: i_251390Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2015 Pirouette Red Wine is a Cabernet Sauvignon dominated cuvee that includes 21% Merlot, 11% Petit Verdot and 3% Malbec. It spent 22 months in 75% new French oak. Blackcurrants, dark chocolate, crushed rock, and graphite notions all dominate this rich, opulent, beautifully concentrated, layered red. It has enough tannin to warrant short-term cellaring and is going to keep for 10-15+ years."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Bright dark red. Black cherry, cassis, coffee, licorice, menthol and herbs on the nose; distinctly darker in character than the Pedestal Merlot. Densely packed, fine-grained wine with noteworthy medicinal reserve to its black cherry and menthol flavors. Seriously tannic but the tannins are utterly glossy and refined. Finishes with a real whiplash of dark fruit and licorice flavor. (15.1% alcohol)"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS - "Pure and fruit-driven, the 2015 Pirouette wafts from the glass with notes of ripe cherries and plums. On the palate, it's lavishly textural and velvety, with an ample core of juicy dark fruits and good balancing acids, its abundant tannins only asserting themselves on the finish. Ripe and generous, it's only deficiency is a lack of complexity. Of all the Long Shadows wines—Michel Rolland's included—this would be the most at home in contemporary Napa Valley. It's made by Philippe Melka and consists of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 21% Merlot, 11% Petit Verdot and 3% Malbec."
- Item #: i_249330Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsWhile on our annual winter trip to the Napa Valley in 2013, we were invited to the "kick off" for a new winery named Pulido-Walker, and the first of their three single-vineyard Cabernet Sauvignons. That wine was the single best wine we had on our entire trip!
Pulido-Walker is dedicated to the perfection of every element needed to craft exceptional single-vineyard designate Cabernet Sauvignon. Proprietors Mark Pulido and Donna Walker grew up in pharmacy families, and this early common experience is integral to the Pulido-Walker philosophy. Their scientific backgrounds make Mark and Donna precise, inquisitive, and detailed; they know that perseverance and attentive observation yield results worth waiting for. Few people have the commitment or the endurance—never mind the conviction of their principles—to completely reframe the experiment mid-stream.
Their winemaker is the highly sought-after Thomas Brown, who also crafts the high scoring and incredible wines at Schrader, Maybach, Outpost, and others. He has been in Napa since 1997, where he began his career at Turley Cellars and now makes wines for select premium labels. Over the last decade, Thomas has received not just one but eight 100-point Wine Advocate Parker scores to go along with two 100-point awards from Wine Spectator. Beyond generosity and roundness in tannins, his wines have few common traits and are very individual. Pulido~Walker's Cabernet Sauvignons promise to be among his most distinctive.
"What separates the best valley floor sites from good valley floor sites is their ability to drain," explains winemaker Thomas Rivers Brown. Panek Vineyard blankets a rocky, gently sloping knoll in the shadow of the Mayacamas Mountains along the old Napa River bed wash. The loamy soil, with its highly compacted alluvial deposits of gravel, provides optimal drainage. The valley basin is also more temperate than the hillsides surrounding St. Helena, making it ideal for slower ripening and full development of flavors. These elements coalesce in low yields of reliably superb fruit.
JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Panek Vineyard comes from a site in St. Helena and offers a darker, savory style as well as plenty of blue fruits, violets, tobacco, and damp earth. With bright acidity, a silky, elegant texture, and terrific purity, it's a more vibrant, juicier, fresher wine than the Melanson Vineyard. Give bottle 2-4 years and drink over the following two decades."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Panek Vineyard is gorgeous. Bright red cherry, sweet tobacco, mint and rose petal notes give the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Panek Vineyard a level of brilliance that sets it apart from most other Cabernets being made off this site. Plush, elegant and sensual to its core, the 2016 is a winner from Pulido-Walker and winemaker Thomas Rivers Brown."
- Item #: i_247720Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+The Le Pich label has become one of our best-selling Napa Valley Cabernets in the store! For the money, we feel it over delivers; and by the way you (our customers) buy it, it appears you agree with us! The Le Pich label is the more pocketbook-friendly Cabernet made by Purlieu Wines, but we recently got a hold of Purlieu's 2014 Cabernet (Le Pich's "big brother"), and it is an absolute knockout!!!
The Purlieu and Le Pich wines are made by Julien Fayard. Julien's name is just becoming recognizable with consumers, but he's been making world class Cabernet for well over a decade, and his name is well-known in Napa's inner circles. Julien has lived in the Napa Valley since 2006, when he and his wife agreed to settle down by "meeting halfway" - between his home in France… and hers in Sonoma. In France, Julien worked in both Provence and Bordeaux, where he defined his core winemaking style at the exalted first growth Château Lafite-Rothschild (he even lived in Lafite's grand château for a period) as well as at Smith Haut Lafitte. In Napa, Julien worked at Quintessa before joining Atelier Melka, where he spent five years as the Director of Winemaking. It was here, working with a variety of clients including Lail Vineyards, Gemstone, Dalla Valle, and more that Julien further developed his winemaking style - while also gaining an intimate understanding of the valley's vineyards and establishing strong relationships with its many passionate, quality-dedicated growers.
A small vineyard in the Coombsville AVA, providing beautiful fruit for our Purlieu and Le Pich Cabernets. We also source grapes from the best vineyards elsewhere in Coombsville— including Meteor, Caldwell, and Blue Oak.
ROBERT PARKER 95+ POINTS - "The single vineyard wines start with the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Teucer Vineyard from Coombsville. This is another beauty from this winery, which seems to be begging to be taken seriously, and justifiably so. This wine’s inky purple color, blueberry and black raspberry fruit, touches of minerality and licorice, full-bodied opulence, stunning concentration and texture, and long, long finish make for a prodigious example of Coombsville Cabernet Sauvignon. I don’t know much about the Teucer Vineyard, but it has certainly provided a compelling reason to find out more about it. This wine should drink well for 25-30 years."
- Item #: i_247840Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Deep purple-black in color, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon George III Vineyard is a little broody at this youthful stage, opening out to a complex array of earthy/savory aromas, including notes of smoked meats, tar and fertile loam, with a creme de cassis and blueberry compote core and touches of aniseed, sautéed herbs and rose hip tea. Full-bodied and laden with loads of subtle earth, meat and spice nuances complementing the black and blue fruits, it has firm, grainy tannins and great freshness, finishing long and layered."
- Item #: i_247830Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98ROBERT PARKER'S WINE AEVOCATE 98 POINTS - "Coming from Coombsville AVA, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Teucer Vineyard is one of those real stand-out, singular wines, revealing a deep purple-black color and profoundly intense nose of cassis, black soil and black cherries with hints of charcoal, allspice, violets and dark chocolate plus a waft of dried leaves. Full-bodied and built like a brick house, the palate is packed with loads of flavor layers, framed by ripe yet firm, grainy tannins and finishing very long with mineral suggestions."
- Item #: i_242430Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 94Quilceda Creek has received more 100-point scores from Robert Parker's Wine Advocate than any other winery in Washington. Paul Golitzin is winemaker and son of founders Alex and Jeannette Golitzin. He learned his masterful touch with Bordeaux varietals from not only his father, but also his great uncle Andre Tchelistcheff (Cabernet Sauvignon would not be ANYWHERE near its current success without Andre's work in the Napa Valley), however Paul has developed his own style and worked with the amazing fruit from the area. Eastern Washington state is very arid and these grapes only receive approximately 9 inches of rain per year (less than SoCal). Comprised of fruit from four of the best vineyards in the region, we were, again, in the right place at the right time to get a healthy allocation of this ripe, forward and hedonistic Cabernet-blend from the most sought-after producer in Washington State!
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "This is a sensational vintage from Quilceda's Paul and Alex Golitzin! Both the classic Columbia Valley Cabernet and the Galitzine Vineyard are sheer perfection, and the Palengat release is also just about as good as it gets. These are incredible wines that offer everything you could want from Washington State Cabernet Sauvignon, and readers owe it to themselves to try these wines!"
"A blend of 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Merlot, 9% Cabernet Franc, the sensational 2014 Palengat Vineyard is loaded with notions of chocolate covered plums, licorice, roasted herbs, and graphite/lead pencil shavings. Up there with the of the top vintages of the cuvee, this full-bodied, rounded and hedonistic 2014 shines in the vintage, has no hard edges, gorgeous purity, and plenty of ripe, sweet tannin. It’s a serious mouthful of a Cabernet and will drink nicely for 10-15 years."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 94 POINTS - "Bright red-ruby; not hugely saturated. Alluring, high-toned aromas of cassis, boysenberry and gingerbread spices. Suave and fine-grained, offering a lovely balance of sweetness of berry fruit and harmonious acidity; uncommonly complex, as the ripeness ranges from lightly herbal to nearly overripe without crossing either line. This plush, broad wine really vibrates on the long, subtle, slowly building finish, which features fine-grained tannins."
- Item #: i_253050Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsAbout 20 years ago, David Ramey was part of a select group of winemakers who became tired of "laboratory" or "squeaky clean" wines devoid of character. He wanted to bring terroir back into wines from California, and his success was the benefit of the consumer! David Ramey became known throughout the wine world as a winemaker associated with stellar quality, and he brought his expertise to brands such as Chalk Hill, Matanzas Creek, Dominus Estate, Rudd Estate, as well as his own brand. While the Ramey Chardonnays have been on the "center stage" for a few years, this release shows that his Cabernets can hang with some of the best in the Napa Valley...and at a MUCH lower price than others that sell for exponentially more!
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is just as appealing today as it was last year. Supple, open-knit and expressive, the 2014 will drink well with minimal cellaring. Floral and savory notes add an attractive upper register in this mid-weight, juicy 2014. Bright red stone fruit, plum and savory notes abound on the finish. This is a gorgeous Napa Valley Cabernet from David Ramey that shows just how appealing 2014 can be."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley is classic Ramey Cabernet all the way. Blackberries, currants, scorched earth, and charcoal aromatics, medium to full body, great elegance, and notable concentration all make for a top notch 2014 that can be drunk today or cellared for 10-15 years. The blend is 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Merlot, 6% Malbec, and 3% Petit Verdot, and it's made in decent enough quantities that it should be easy to find."
- Item #: i_254620Bottle Size: 750MLRidge has made the Geyserville as a single-site Zinfandel in every year since 1966. The grapes are grown in three adjoining vineyards on a defined stretch of gravelly soil approximately one-and-a-quarter miles long and a half-mile wide.
A blend of 68% Zinfandel, 18% Carignane, 12% Petite Sirah, and 2% Alicante Bouschet, the wine had a dark ruby color and aromas of ripe black cherries, plum, sweet oak, mint, and gravel earth. Rich bramble fruit entry, round and supple tannins, refreshing acidity, and layered complex fruits in a long finish.
- Item #: i_256630Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 95**Please note, this is a half sized bottleROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS - "The 2014 Claret is a blend of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 17% Merlot and 3% Petit Verdot coming from Calistoga, Howell Mountain and Mt. Veeder. This represents 600 cases of a large-boned, virile, big, juicy blackcurrant and blackberry-scented and flavored Cabernet Sauvignon with some background toast, licorice and forest floor. It has terrific richness, sweet, velvety tannin, and notable opulence and length. Drink it over the next 15 or so years."
- Item #: i_242830Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsANTONIO GALLONI 96+ POINTS - "Mondavi's Cabernet Sauvignon The Reserve To Kalon Vineyard is fabulous. Rich, powerful and voluptuous, the 2015 oozes with class from the very first taste. The flavors are deep, dark and boldly sketched in this sumptuous, beautifully resonant Cabernet. The tannins will need time to soften, but I can't imagine readers opening bottles anytime soon. The 2015 Reserve is one of the very finest wines I have tasted from Robert Mondavi Winery."
ROBERT PARKER 96+ POINTS - "Composed of 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Merlot, 2% Petit Verdot and 2% Cabernet Franc, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon To Kalon Reserve features a deep garnet-purple color and wonderfully expressive nose of creme de cassis, preserved plums and black forest cake with hints of cigar boxes, aniseed, dark chocolate and forest floor. Full-bodied, rich and concentrated in the mouth, the ripe, opulent black fruit is well supported by velvety tannins and plenty of freshness, finishing long and spicy."
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "A blend of 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Merlot, 2% Petite Verdot, and 2% Cabernet Franc, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon The Reserve To Kalon Vineyard is about as perfumed, upfront and sexy as they come. Sporting a ruby/plum color and a terrific bouquet of black raspberries, cedary spice, toasty oak, flowers and incense, it hits the palate with loads of sweet fruit, an undeniable opulence, ripe tannin and a great finish. It's an approachable 2015 that's going to evolve gracefully for another two decades."
- Item #: i_256770Bottle Size: 750mlThe Louer Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon is filled with layers of juicy dark red fruit and dark chocolate with touches of toasty oak. Velvety tannins from 24 months of 100% New French Oak create a Cabernet Lovers.
- Item #: i_258900Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 97 POINTS - "According to Justin Smith, in 2016 'just about everything that could go right, did.' A relatively rainy winter helped boost groundwater supplies, and a warm spring set the stage for normal budbreak and fruit set, with no weather events to spoil the party. The summer was warm but not hot, and sugar levels rose steadily while acid levels held firm. The resulting wines are rich and fruit-driven, for sure, but they are remarkably fresh as well."
"Brilliant purple. A complex, intensely perfumed bouquet displays candied black and blue fruit, vanilla and musky earth qualities, while violet, licorice and dark chocolate nuances build in the glass. Sweet and expansive on the palate, offering impressively concentrated, mineral-laced cassis, cherry compote and fruitcake flavors that are given spicy bite by a peppery flourish. Tightens up slowly on a wonderfully long, chewy, floral-dominated finish that's framed by talc-y, well-knit tannins."
JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "Speaking about the 2016s, these are the strongest set of releases since the 2007s, and I suspect at maturity these wines will be even better. They have a rare sense of depth and richness paired with purity and precision, as well as singular characters, and these truly are special wines. The 2016 James Berry is quite possibly the greatest wine ever produced from the region and is a legendary wine in the making. Do whatever you can to latch onto a few bottles of this magical elixir. The majority of the 2016s will benefit from 2-4 years of bottle age, but good luck keeping your hands off of them."
"Leading off the 2016s and checking in as interesting blend of 46% Mourvedre, 19% Syrah, 15% Tempranillo and the balance Petite Sirah, Grenache, and Zinfandel, the 2016 Paderewski shows how good these eclectic blends from the west side of Paso Robles can be. Offering a rocking bouquet of ripe currants, plums, forest floor, truffle, and orange zest, this beauty has no hard edges and offers full body, incredible intensity, and a seamlessness pared with density that needs to be tasted to be believed. This hedonistic yet also elegant 2016 benefits from a decant and has a good 10-15 years of prime drinking ahead of it."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS - "The 2016 Paderewski Vineyard is lovely, revealing complex aromas of ripe black fruits, licorice, aromatic bark, candied peel and dried flowers. On the palate, it's full-bodied, layered and savory, with rich structuring tannins, excellent energy and concentration and a long, stony finish. It's a blend of 46% Mataro, 19% Syrah, 15% Tempranillo, 8% Petite Sirah, 7% Zinfandel and 5% Grenache, maturing in 16% new puncheons, 67% foudre and the balance in used wood. The 2016 will be bottled this June."
- Item #: i_257970Bottle Size: 750MLThe Gamble Ranch Chardonnay is a big and rich style of Chardonnay in every vintage. It sees 100% new French oak barrels that are medium toasted from two cooperages. After 100% malolactic fermentation the wine remains in barrel sur lies and is stirred (batonnage) once a week while it is in barrel. This aids in the development of the Gamble’s signature rich mouthfeel, crème brulee, and butterscotch qualities. Each vintage of the Gamble exhibits an orange or orange peel quality that balance out the wine in its flavor profile. The finish might be another hallmark of this wine. It tends to linger on the palate.
- Item #: i_274520Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Enthusiast: 95 PointsWINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS-"Rich and silky, with a core of supple fruit, offering apple, strawberry and nutty brioche flavors that build on a long, lingering finish. Drink now through 2019. 1,923 cases made."
- Item #: i_258370Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 92This pioneering Napa Valley sparkling wine house has been on quite a tear lately with their rose cuvees and this edition could be our favorite to date. This rose's multi-faceted palate presents a cornucopia of succulent red summer fruits that are just the thing to complement the salt infused flavors of your Easter ham. Robert Parker really flipped for it as the below review suggests.
- Item #: i_259040Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90ROBERT PARKER 90 POINTS - "As for the more limited cuvees of Zinfandel, loads of briary black raspberry and black cherry fruit jump from the glass of the 2013 Zinfandel Old Vine. A medium-bodied, beautifully full and ripe Zinfandel, it is pure, rich, long, and just about everything one could ask for in a Sonoma Zinfandel. Drink it over the next 7-8 years."