- Item #: i_228110Bottle Size: 750mlCotes de Paso is Halter Ranch's Rhone-style blend that is a combination of four varietals from their sustainably farmed estate vineyard. A blend of 62% Grenache, 17% Mourvedre, 11% Syrah, and 10% Tannat. Grenache provides a bright fruit-forward entry, Mourvedre adds spice notes, while Syrah brings some weight to the mid-palate, and Tannat ties everything together with color, tannin and acidity. Loaded with aromas of dried strawberry, cinnamon sticks and potpourri, this delicious wine has an elegant palate that leads to a long smooth finish.
- Item #: i_246220Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Inky purple-black in color, the 2017 Petite Sirah Thompson Vineyard gives up pretty blue flowers and blueberry candy notes to begin, with loads of exotic spice over bramble berry preserves and baked blackberries. Full and absolutely luscious on the palate, it fills the mouth with spicy fruit layers, with firm but approachable tannins and good freshness, finishing very long. Yum!"
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "Lastly, the 2017 Petite Sirah Thompson Vineyard sports a deep, saturated purple color as well as a ripe, sexy bouquet of blue and black fruits, road tar, Asian spices, and ground herbs. Ripe, concentrated, with building tannins, it's a quintessential steakhouse red that's going to offer loads of pleasure over the coming decade or more."
- Item #: i_241190Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of 70% Syrah, 9% Mourvedre, 8% Grenache, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Petite Sirah, 3% Zinfandel, and 2% Clairette Blanche, Beautiful Earth is Mcprice Myers' flagship Paso Robles Blend, and it represents the best lots from their favorite westside vineyards. Ripe berries, violets, rose petals, sweet tobacco, peach-blackberry cobbler, dried sage, dark chocolate, and leather are all present on the nose. The palate is juicy and voluptuous with hints of cocoa powder, it is opulent and lush with a vibrant beam of energy ushering in a tantalizing finish.
- Item #: i_275640Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsTablas Creek was founded by the Perrin family of Château de Beaucastel and their importer, Robert Haas. The goal was to produce California's best examples of southern Rhône varietals and Chateauneuf-du-Pape style blends. The partners chose a 120-acre property in the hills of westside Paso Robles for its similarities to Chateauneuf-du-Pape: limestone soils, favorable climate, and rugged terrain. Tablas Creek emphasizes dry farming (no watering) to seek maximum expression from their grapes, and they farm organically. Their signature white is named Esprit de Tablas, and is modeled after the Beaucastel wines from the Rhone Valley.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93-94 POINTS - "Light green-tinged gold. Mineral-accented tangerine, melon and pear scents on the highly perfumed nose; a floral nuance gains strength as the wine opens up. Vibrant citrus and orchard fruit flavors are joined by bitter quinine and honeysuckle flourishes that build slowly with air. Shows impressive depth as well as nerviness on the finish, which hangs on with strong, mineral-dominated persistence."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Esprit Blanc de Tablas is made up of 68% Roussanne, 17% Grenache Blanc, 7% Picpoul Blanc, 4% Picardan and 4% Clairette Blanche. The nose features honey-drizzled apples, lychee, orange peel and musk with warm hay, crushed stone, quince and pie crust notions. Medium to full-bodied with intense honeyed flavors in the mouth, it has great juicy acidity to counter and a long, gently textured finish. "This is the first vintage of the Esprit de Tablas Blanc to have Clairette and Picardin," winemaker Jason Haas says, "because we wanted to include all the white grapes from Châteauneuf-du-Pape." 2,250 cases produced."
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Esprit De Tablas Blanc offers more richness and depth, which is largely missing from many of these wines. White peach, quince, honeysuckle, and hints of stone fruits all emerge from the glass, and it's nicely textured, medium-bodied, has good acidity, and a clean finish. The blend is 68% Roussanne, 17% Grenache Blanc, 7% Picpoul Blanc, 4% Picardan, and 4% Clairette."
- Item #: i_268780Bottle Size: 750mlWith a gorgeous magenta hue, the bright aromas of raspberry, red plum, and blueberries are complimented by undertones of chocolate, violet and white pepper. The palate opens up to flavors of ripe pomegranate, cranberry and red cherry with hints of rose petal, tea leaves, and subtle baking spice. The finish lingers with crisp acidity and surprising tannin making this a delicate but complex alternative to heavy bodied reds.
- Item #: i_270460Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 The White Coat is a blend of Roussanne and Grenache Blanc with a smaller portion of Vermentino. It opens with hints of honeycomb, orange peel and white blossom with sliced green pear and green apple notes at the core plus a hint of wet stone. Light to medium-bodied, it has pure citrus and tree fruit flavors in the mouth with floral and yeasty notes, finishing with juicy acidity and some phenolic texture. 1,300 cases produced."
- Item #: i_270910Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Turtle Rock is the label of Don Burns, Saxum's assistant winemaker who has spent a decade working with Justin Smith. The emphasis is on Rhône varieties from the Willow Creek District. Given their quality and pedigree, all these releases are easy to recommend."
"A blend of 63% Grenache Blanc, 28% Roussanne, 5% Picpoul and 4% Viognier, the 2016 Willow White is lovely, bursting from the glass with an expressive nose of fresh apricots, musky peach and subtle citrus, with hints of the petrol to come with a bit of bottle age. On the palate, it's medium-bodied, fresh and intense, with beautiful purity and a bright, fragrant finish."