- Item #: i_214000Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92Dehlinger has long been recognized for its Russian River Valley Chardonnays, which are known for their balance, fresh acidity, and unctuous flavor. Today, Dehlinger produces a single Estate Chardonnay bottling each vintage, originating from their eight acres of Chardonnay vines planted between 1975 and 1988. These old vines, grown in the region's classic goldridge series soils, are grafted to the California heritage "Wente" clone, which produces small clusters and berries and has a notable minerality and almost oily viscosity.
Dehlinger's Chardonnays are crafted using traditional techniques which preserve the flavor and elegance of the variety. At harvest, the grapes are picked at night, brought cold into the winery and "whole cluster pressed" to extract the highest quality juice. From there, the juice is fermented in French oak barrels using native yeasts. The wine gains further complexity through malolactic fermentation and a year of aging on the lees. Dehlinger has been bottling its Chardonnays "Unfiltered" since the late 1990s in order to capture the full flavor potential and most pleasing texture possible.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Not surprisingly, in 2017 Dehlinger's Chardonnay Estate is quite racy and luscious. Orchard fruit, citrus confit, and wild flowers take on an extra level of sheer richness, while tropical accents add to the real feeling of exoticism."
- Item #: i_220220Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94+Vinous Media: 94-96ANTONIO GALLONI 94-96 POINTS - "One of the early highlights in this range, the 2018 Chardonnay Isobel Charles Heintz Vineyard is wonderfully precise and nuanced. The natural richness of this site comes through, but the 2018 is a bit more focused and pointed than it usually is. Exotic floral notes and hints of tropical fruits play off striking mineral underpinnings. This is such a vivid and captivating young Chardonnay."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS - "Winemaker Andy Smith says that because of the very large crops and big clusters in 2018, there was some inevitable botrytis character in the 2018 Chardonnay Isobel Charles Heintz Vineyard. Although the nose is youthfully tight, the petrichor and flint aromas open to lemon drop and tropical hints, and the palate, which is tight, linear and bright, hints at more savory layers to come, finishing lifted and ethereal. This vintage has loads of personality and should be very long lived."
- Item #: i_220430Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94+Jeb Dunnuck: 94ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay Wester Reach comes from the Dumol estate plus fruit from Ritchie, Charles Heintz, Lorenzo and Dutton vineyards. It offers gentle scents of honey, oats, nuts and dried white flowers over a peachy core. The medium-bodied palate has an understated savory character, balancing yeasty and mineral touches and bright acidity, finishing long and mineral-driven."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "A wine that goes out to distribution only (as opposed to the winery mailing list), the 2018 Chardonnay Wester Reach is a blend of the Ritchie, Heintz, Lorenzo, Dutton, and DuMOL Estate vineyards and was brought up in 35% new French oak. It has a classic Russian River Valley vibe in its rich orchard fruits, pear, buttered citrus, and brioche aromas and flavors. These all carry to a medium to full-bodied wine that has the fleshy, supple style of the vintage yet stays firmly in the DuMOL stylistic camp with its vibrant acidity and focused finish. Drink bottles over the coming 7-8 years or so."
- Item #: i_218950Bottle Size: 750mlHistory runs deep at this 17-acre vineyard on Vine Hill Road in the heart of the Russian River Valley. Back in the 1960s, Sonoma County legend Duff Bevill planted the parcel to the old Clone 4 of Chardonnay. These grapes still grow today, though now the owners are Dennis and Mary Black, and the land is called Black Emerald Vineyard. Because this vineyard is dry-farmed, raising the canopy away from the heat of the ground during the day helps moderate the cluster temperature. At night, this strategy also helps keep clusters dry.
Only 215 cases were produced of this wine, which displays decadent aromas of sweet pears, melons and candied apples precede a balanced acidity akin to pineapple that freshens the notes of orange marmalade, ripe citrus and tree fruits on the palate. Sweet and sour tones are met in measure with a light caramel beeswax texture and bright notes of Meyer lemon and ripe apples on the finish.
- Item #: i_223910Bottle Size: 750mlFrei Brothers' Russian River Valley Chardonnay is a soft and complex reflection of one of Sonoma's most renowned cool-climate regions. This wine displays flavors of green apple, orange zest and apple pie, complemented by notes of butter and toast. The rich, nutty flavors in this Chardonnay lead to a silky finish and a plush mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_219940Bottle Size: 750mlThis layered and complex Chardonnay brings together fruit from several of the winery's favorite Russian River Valley vineyard sites. Anchored by the naturally balanced character of Westside Farms and intriguing floral and stone fruit notes from Bacigalupi Vineyard, the wine's great concentration and structure derive from the nearby Rochioli and Allen vineyards. Olivet Lane Vineyard, featuring the Wente clone, adds refreshing citrus tones and excellent acidity.
This wine begins with intense aromatics of fresh cut lilies, chive blossoms, zesty lemons, limes and pithy white grapefruit. The abundant citrus on the nose persists on the palate as you are greeted with invigorating notes of freshly squeezed lemon juice, jasmine green tea and spicy wasabi arugula. This all comes together seamlessly on a silky palate with delicate undertones of creme fraiche and Marzipan. Pale straw in color, elegant aromas of jasmine and apple blossom fill the glass. Just ripened nectarines and white peaches compliment the pronounced floral tones while hints of graham cracker provide depth and richness. Balanced natural acidity coupled with a complex essence of zesty citrus oil capture the myriad of flavors and leave a lasting impression upon the palate.
- Item #: i_228640Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 97JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Three Jacks Vineyard comes from the cooler Green Valley region of the Russian River Valley and was fermented and aged 16 months in 30% new French oak. It has a deeper, darker, slightly more earthy and mineral-laced style in its stone fruits, brioche, honeysuckle, and hazelnut aromas and flavors. It's deep, rich, and powerful, with beautiful depth of fruit and a thrilling finish. It's a gem in this lineup. There are a scant 327 cases made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "A dense, powerful wine, the 2016 Chardonnay Three Jacks Vineyard captures all the textural breadth this site is capable of. The apricot, orange peel, spice and tropically-leaning flavors are beautifully layered and delineated. The Three Jacks is one of the more ample, oily wines in the Hartford Court range."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2016 Hartford Court Chardonnay Three Jacks Vineyard gives up beautiful lemon curd, peach preserves and guava scents with suggestions of pineapple, allspice and brioche. Full-bodied, rich and seductive, it delivers mouth-filling stone fruit and tropical layers with a satiny texture and a long, ginger-laced finish. 327 cases produced."
- Item #: i_228880Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+Jeb Dunnuck: 95Don, Jennifer, and their children Hailey and MacLean make up their family of four; hence the name of the Four Hearts bottling. This Chardonnay is almost exclusively from Tom Dehlinger's Vineyard on Laguna Ridge in the Russian River Valley. The vineyard is planted to heirloom clones of Chardonnay and is one of the oldest plantings of Chardonnay in the Russian River - over 40 years old.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS "More brioche, honeysuckle, pineapple, and caramelized citrus notes all emerge from the 2018 Chardonnay Four Hearts Vineyards, which is beautifully balanced, medium to full-bodied, and textured on the palate. It shows the more supple, easygoing style of the vintage for Chardonnay yet still has beautiful freshness, good concentration, and a great finish."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "Already bottled, the 2018 Chardonnay Four Hearts Vineyard features bold baked pears, fresh Golden Delicious apples and lemonade scents with touches of chalk dust and allspice. Medium-bodied, the palate has a racy line lifting the apple and pear flavors, finishing on a chalky note. 2,100 cases were made."
- Item #: i_228800Bottle Size: 750mlHartford Family Winery was founded in 1994 as a result of Don and Jennifer Hartford's appreciation for the wines, the people, and the unique vineyards near their Russian River Valley home. Located in the Sonoma County town of Forestville, the winery is about 15 miles from the cool Pacific Coast. Making delicious wines of high personality is directly related to the difficult locations of their vineyard sources, the limited production of their bottlings and the varietals they use. "Character through adversity" is an expression that they believe applies to people and grapevines and surviving adversity builds character, and personality, in both.
The Russian River Valley is one of the best places in the world for growing Chardonnay. The cooling winds from the Pacific Ocean spread throughout the area, and help to moderate the temperatures throughout the day, whereas areas just to the east are exceptionally warmer. Also, the soils are a mix of sand, clay, and silt. The clay brings richness to a wine, while the sand brings more flowered aromatics and brightness in the wine. If you ask us, this sounds like the recipe for Chardonnay perfection!
- Item #: i_232900Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "A vintage defined by its crispness, vibrancy and freshness. Pretty aromas of honeysuckle, lemon blossom and Fuji apple spring from the glass. The palate boasts bright, lively layers of citrus with a hint of oak and creaminess from careful barrel aging and batonnage. Flavors of kumquat, lemon and Fuji apple linger in the juicy, mouthwatering finish. Enjoy now or cellar through 2023."
- Item #: i_233870Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "A minerally style, with crunchy acidity backing the concentrated pear and green apple flavors, featuring accents of dried tarragon. Lemon curd notes show on the fresh, focused finish. Drink now through 2025. 185 cases made."
- Item #: i_269005Bottle Size: 750mlThis Chardonnay has a typical for the variety and the style aromas of tropical fruits, ripe apples, peaches and apricots. Further aeration reveals deeper aromas of toast with a touch of caramel and ripe Mayer lemons meringue and a bit of minerality. The mouth feel is generous and rich, with tamed acidity and long and round finish.
- Item #: i_237240Bottle Size: 750mlCreme brulee opens into a candied pear bouquet. Fermented in stainless steel tanks on the leas and aged in neutral, French oak barrels, light hints of vanilla arise with more robust cantaloupe, citrus, and ripe melon notes. Balanced, fresh texture and crisp acidity harmonize this Chardonnay in a wonderful expression of the Russian River Valley.
- Item #: i_245380Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Vinous Media: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 97JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "Sourced from the Ritchie Vineyard in the Russian River Valley (unquestionably a Grand Cru site) and all old Wente Clones aged in one-third new French oak, the 2017 Chardonnay Ma Princesse is a richer, more powerful Chardonnay and has awesome notes of honeysuckle, brioche, orange blossom, hazelnuts, and citrus. This beauty shows some obvious minerality on the palate, with bright, racy acidity, tons of fruit, and a great finish. It's up there with the creme de la creme of the vintage."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Ma Princesse comes from the Richie vineyard in Russian River, planted to Old Wente clone selection, from vines that are 50+ years old. The 2017 Chardonnay Ma Princesse is a little reticent to begin, opening slowly with delicate notes of lemon meringue pie, white peaches and lime leaves plus emerging nuances of wet slate, paraffin wax, struck flint and croissant with a waft of praline. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is tightly wound and packed with taut citrus and mineral layers, framed by fantastic freshness and a satiny texture, finishing wonderfully tangy. 350 cases were made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Ma Princesse is bold, powerful and sweeping in its intensity. The flavors are bold and lush, with striking persistence and lovely aromatic lift from the floral notes that develop with air. Energetic, super-expressive and inviting, the 2017 Ma Princesse is a terrific Chardonnay from Ritchie Vineyard."
- Item #: i_230550Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 94JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Leading off the Chardonnays from Hobbs, the 2017 Chardonnay Russian River Valley comes from multiple sites and spent ten months in 55% new French oak. Its medium gold color is followed by a rich, upfront bouquet of Caramelized pineapple, tangerine, honeysuckle, spice, and a touch of toasted nuts. It's rich, concentrated, has beautiful mid-palate heft, and nicely integrated acidity. It's a rocking wine as well as a great introduction into the wines of this great winemaker."
- Item #: i_230500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 95Decanter: 96JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "Loads of caramelized peach, toasted spices, brioche, and honeyed citrus emerge from the 2018 Chardonnay Ross Station Estate, one of the richer, more powerful Chardonnay in the lineup. Nevertheless, it has beautiful acidity, flawless balanced, and a great finish. Brought up in 50% new French oak, it's drinking spot on today and shows the vintage nicely. It will also age well for 4-6 years, probably longer, but there's no need to delay gratification."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay Ross Station Estate opens with toast and flint, segueing to golden apple, white flowers and salted almonds. The medium-bodied, satiny palate is singing, bursting with juicy, savory flavors and finishing very long. 317 cases produced."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The Chardonnay Ross Station Estate is especially fine in 2018. Rich and explosive in the glass, the 2018 possesses terrific depth and a real sense of energy really drives the orchard fruit and floral flavors. Soaring aromatics and soft contours give this exuberant, inviting Chardonnay tons of sheer appeal. The 2018 is class personified."
- Item #: i_253900Bottle Size: 750mlRaeburn is an Olde English term which means the river where one goes to drink. So it's fitting that Raeburn's expressive, beautifully balanced Chardonnay begins in the heart of the Russian River Valley where some of the world's finest Chardonnay grapes are grown.
Ripe, luscious and delicious, let Raeburn take you to the river to share a laugh with friends, enhance your favorite meal or just let the day fall away.
- Item #: i_252860Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94+Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "One of my favorite releases from Ramey, the 2016 Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard comes from a Grand Cru site in the Russian River and has incredibly classic notes of white flowers, tart citrus, and subtle orchard fruits. It's one of those wines that's both powerful and elegant, with medium to full body, a great mid-palate, integrated acidity, and just everything in the right places. It's a beautiful, layered, age-worthy Chardonnay to enjoy over the coming 10-15 years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS - "This is the second vintage of a Rochioli vineyard-designate Chardonnay made by Ramey. Grapes were sourced from vines planted between 1989 and 2005 and were fermented in barrel with batonnage, then aged in 21% new French oak for 20 months. The nose of the 2016 Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard opens with Meyer lemon, pulverized stone, lime peel and soft white flowers with touches of nuts and cream. Medium to full-bodied, it offers wonderful savory flavor layers of honeycomb and hazelnut with a gorgeous velvety texture and great length plus lots of mineral sparks coming through on the finish. 901 cases were produced, which will be released in June of 2019."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard is powerful and dense in its first impression. It is also one of the more phenolic, structured Chardonnays in the range. There is a real sense of weight and textural resonance that runs through the fruit. Hints of lemon confit, dried flowers and dried pear meld into the creamy, layered finish."
- Item #: i_252820Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "From another awesome vineyard in the Russian River, the 2017 Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard is one of the richer, more powerful Chardonnay in the lineup. Medium gold-colored, with notes of sauteed orchard fruits, brioche, honeysuckle, and lemon curd, it hits the palate with medium to full-bodied richness, good acidity, and a mouthfilling texture that keeps you coming back. It actually gains freshness and vibrancy with time in the glass and is another age-worthy, brilliant Chardonnay from Ramey I'd be happy to have in the cellar."
- Item #: i_252880Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 94ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Woolsey Road Vineyard is a racy wine endowed with terrific richness. Lemon confit, white flowers, mint and tropical overtones all grace this unctuous, deeply layered Chardonnay. The balance of textural intensity and freshness is simply compelling. The 2017 is so expressive today."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Seeing 20 months in 20% new barrels, the 2017 Chardonnay Woolsey Road Vineyard offers plenty of brioche and white flower nuances to go with rocking levels of Meyer lemon and tart pineapple fruit. It's rich, concentrated, and powerful on the palate, yet also has a racy spine of acidity that just about hits the tart level, yet never goes over the edge. This rocking Russian River Valley Chardonnay is going to benefit from 2-3 years of bottle age and keep for over a decade. It's beautiful but needs short-term cellaring."
- Item #: i_276650Bottle Size: 750mlEnjoy flavors and aromas of lemon curd, green apple, tangy pineapple and baked brioche. Spicy overtones reminiscent of clove, nutmeg and a kiss of vanilla add complexity. Forward fruit on the entry with richness and a slight creaminess on the mid-palate and fresh, lingering fruit flavors and mouthwatering acidity in the finish.
- Item #: i_272140Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "On the nose, aromas of Meyer lemon and green apple abound, with highlights of chamomile flowers and elements of greengage, which offer complexity and intrigue. The oak is well integrated and nearly invisible in this elegant offering from our cool climate estate vineyard in Guerneville. Included in the blend for the first time are newly developed blocks planted to heritage Calera and Wente Chardonnay clones. On the mid-palate, there is a lift of Meyer lemon peel and green tea notes. Due to the new plantings, the palate has an excellent tannin structure and finishes with elements of crushed minerals."