- Item #: i_237880Bottle Size: 750MLRob Lloyd (who was formerly on the winemaking team at Rombauer) has produced an unabashed California Chardonnay. The grapes come from two Sangiacomo Vineyard sites, Home Ranch and Green Acres in the Carneros region. Picked at their peak of ripeness, the grapes are gently pressed, settled, and moved to barrels to be cold fermented. The room is kept at a very low temperature keeping the wine from fermenting too rapidly and thus losing its aromatics. The wine slowly undergoes primary and secondary fermentation for nime months before being racked off its primary lees and bottled.
- Item #: i_277420Bottle Size: 750mlAged for 10 months in French oak barrels (of which 51% were new), an alluring perfume of mango and fresh garnedia with whispers of candied citrus rind and spices open onto a round, full palate layered with fresh citrus and stone fruit flavors. Bright acidity provides structure and a mouthwatering juiciness and the finish has a captivating briny minerality that will make it a delight with fish, oysters, and seafood.
- Item #: i_255200Bottle Size: 750mlThe fruit for this wine comes from vineyards in the Carneros region owned by the Rombauer family and select growers including the Sangiacomo family, long-term grower partners who have farmed this land for three generations. The grapes were gently whole-cluster pressed while the fruit was still cool. The juice was pumped to tank to cold-settle overnight before it was racked to barrel for primary and malolactic fermentation. The lees were stirred every two weeks to give the wine rich flavors and a creamy texture.
Enticing aromas of vanilla, peach and mango are layered with apricots, creme brulee, butter and a slight minerality. Those scents are echoed as flavors on the creamy, rich palate, along with peach, pie crust and baking spices. The long, smooth finish is marked by mouthwatering acidity.
- Item #: i_275235Bottle Size: 750mlLos Carneros is one of the most prestigious Chardonnay growing area in California, and this wine demonstrates why. Vine Cliff's 2017 Los Carneros Chardonnay is classic Chardonnay. Elegant with complex aromas of pear, green apple, lemon citrus, mineral and floral notes. There is a rich bouquet of hazelnut, butterscotch, and vanilla. The palate is rich and luscious, balanced with bright acidity. Flavors of creme brulee, pear, apple and lemon creme linger on the long smooth finish.
- Item #: i_277965Bottle Size: 750mlAligote, the other notable white grape of Burgundy, is experiencing a resurgence in its home as well as in the new world. Traditionally blended with Chardonnay or made into the classic Kir cocktail, this variety was exiled in 1937 to the appellation of Bouzeron where it was quietly enjoyed by the local Burgundians. In the Willamette Valley, Aligote embraces everything we love about acid, tension, and minerality, so we began searching for a great Aligoté vineyard.
The grapes are lightly crushed prior to pressing. The fermentation takes place with native yeast and is aged on its lees in two 350 liter and one 500 liter barrels for ten months. Walter Scott's Aligote holds onto 30% of its malic acid, bringing a brilliant tension to the wine.
The juxtaposition of fruit and earth on the nose is alluring. Lime leaf and lemon balm jump out of the glass on top of layers of citrus blossoms. The flinty aromatics are unmistakable and the texture of wet limestone gives this wine breadth and weight. Crunchy white peach, lime zest, and orange sherbet flavors drive the wine, while a rich, Mirabelle plum skin note completes the finish.