- Item #: i_214000Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92Dehlinger has long been recognized for its Russian River Valley Chardonnays, which are known for their balance, fresh acidity, and unctuous flavor. Today, Dehlinger produces a single Estate Chardonnay bottling each vintage, originating from their eight acres of Chardonnay vines planted between 1975 and 1988. These old vines, grown in the region's classic goldridge series soils, are grafted to the California heritage "Wente" clone, which produces small clusters and berries and has a notable minerality and almost oily viscosity.
Dehlinger's Chardonnays are crafted using traditional techniques which preserve the flavor and elegance of the variety. At harvest, the grapes are picked at night, brought cold into the winery and "whole cluster pressed" to extract the highest quality juice. From there, the juice is fermented in French oak barrels using native yeasts. The wine gains further complexity through malolactic fermentation and a year of aging on the lees. Dehlinger has been bottling its Chardonnays "Unfiltered" since the late 1990s in order to capture the full flavor potential and most pleasing texture possible.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Not surprisingly, in 2017 Dehlinger's Chardonnay Estate is quite racy and luscious. Orchard fruit, citrus confit, and wild flowers take on an extra level of sheer richness, while tropical accents add to the real feeling of exoticism."
- Item #: i_245380Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Vinous Media: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 97JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "Sourced from the Ritchie Vineyard in the Russian River Valley (unquestionably a Grand Cru site) and all old Wente Clones aged in one-third new French oak, the 2017 Chardonnay Ma Princesse is a richer, more powerful Chardonnay and has awesome notes of honeysuckle, brioche, orange blossom, hazelnuts, and citrus. This beauty shows some obvious minerality on the palate, with bright, racy acidity, tons of fruit, and a great finish. It's up there with the creme de la creme of the vintage."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Ma Princesse comes from the Richie vineyard in Russian River, planted to Old Wente clone selection, from vines that are 50+ years old. The 2017 Chardonnay Ma Princesse is a little reticent to begin, opening slowly with delicate notes of lemon meringue pie, white peaches and lime leaves plus emerging nuances of wet slate, paraffin wax, struck flint and croissant with a waft of praline. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is tightly wound and packed with taut citrus and mineral layers, framed by fantastic freshness and a satiny texture, finishing wonderfully tangy. 350 cases were made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Ma Princesse is bold, powerful and sweeping in its intensity. The flavors are bold and lush, with striking persistence and lovely aromatic lift from the floral notes that develop with air. Energetic, super-expressive and inviting, the 2017 Ma Princesse is a terrific Chardonnay from Ritchie Vineyard."
- Item #: i_249340Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Dutton Ranch aged on the lees in 35% new oak with weekly batonnage. It reluctantly opens to apple pie, toast, apricot, roasted almonds and smoky reduction. It's medium-bodied, silky and more expressive in the mouth with honeyed, savory notions framing the intense fruits, enlivened by juicy acidity and finishing long and textured. This will benefit from another year in bottle."
- Item #: i_230550Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 94JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Leading off the Chardonnays from Hobbs, the 2017 Chardonnay Russian River Valley comes from multiple sites and spent ten months in 55% new French oak. Its medium gold color is followed by a rich, upfront bouquet of Caramelized pineapple, tangerine, honeysuckle, spice, and a touch of toasted nuts. It's rich, concentrated, has beautiful mid-palate heft, and nicely integrated acidity. It's a rocking wine as well as a great introduction into the wines of this great winemaker."
- Item #: i_252820Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "From another awesome vineyard in the Russian River, the 2017 Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard is one of the richer, more powerful Chardonnay in the lineup. Medium gold-colored, with notes of sauteed orchard fruits, brioche, honeysuckle, and lemon curd, it hits the palate with medium to full-bodied richness, good acidity, and a mouthfilling texture that keeps you coming back. It actually gains freshness and vibrancy with time in the glass and is another age-worthy, brilliant Chardonnay from Ramey I'd be happy to have in the cellar."
- Item #: i_252880Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 94ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Woolsey Road Vineyard is a racy wine endowed with terrific richness. Lemon confit, white flowers, mint and tropical overtones all grace this unctuous, deeply layered Chardonnay. The balance of textural intensity and freshness is simply compelling. The 2017 is so expressive today."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Seeing 20 months in 20% new barrels, the 2017 Chardonnay Woolsey Road Vineyard offers plenty of brioche and white flower nuances to go with rocking levels of Meyer lemon and tart pineapple fruit. It's rich, concentrated, and powerful on the palate, yet also has a racy spine of acidity that just about hits the tart level, yet never goes over the edge. This rocking Russian River Valley Chardonnay is going to benefit from 2-3 years of bottle age and keep for over a decade. It's beautiful but needs short-term cellaring."
- Item #: i_252750Bottle Size: 750MLDavid Ramey is among a distinguished group of pioneering American vintners who revolutionized modern-day winemaking and elevated California to the forefront of the international wine community. Hailed as “Professor Chardonnay” by Wine Spectator, David’s groundbreaking work with indigenous yeasts, sur lies aging and malolactic and barrel fermentation yielded a new California Chardonnay style that was richer, more lush and silky smooth. Ramey Wine Cellars crafts exceptional expressions of Chardonnay.