- Item #: i_202570Bottle Size: 750MLJack Niven pioneered winegrape planting with Paragon Vineyard in the Edna Valley in 1973. Not the bystander type, his wife Catharine soon after began a project that grew into what is now Baileyana Winery. In the mid 1990s, their two sons, James and John, purchased property next door, and expanded Paragon Vineyard. They designed and planted these new blocks with select clones, varieties and rootstocks specific to the site. They names this section Firepeak, in homage of th extinct volcanoes in the area, and the resulting volcanic soils.
A bright but complex Chardonnay, this wine has upfront flavors of crisp pear, lemon zest, pineapple, and hints of creamy vanilla. Aromas of citrus and tropical flavors highlight the complexity of flavors that run throughout. The wine is smoothly textured and is well balanced from start to finish.
- Item #: i_205542Bottle Size: 750mlWe feel that Bogle has one of the most solid wine portfolios in the business, and they prove that it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg! The Bogle family has been farming since the mid 1800’s and their reputation has continued to grow. The fact that they want to sell wines that people can actually afford doesn’t hurt, either. A little something for everyone: barrel fermentation, sur-lies aging, and partial malolactic fermentation. These hand-crafted processes create a rich and elegant wine with layers of complexity.
Fresh tropical fruits like pineapple, mango and green apple greet both the nose and palate upon first sip, followed up by a touch of lemon cream. Complimented by more creamy notes of butterscotch and caramel, the wine has a long, lingering finish hinting of toasty oak.
- Item #: i_205980Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine develops like a story in the glass as you let it breathe. It begins with a combination of bright butterscotch and soft citrus. Then the notes of cream and lemon meringue pie begin to rise to the surface and are joined with toast, smoke and vanilla flavors from the oak. Floral and canned peach aromas develop last. When it all comes together, it's magic. Let the wine open up to wonderful flavors of peach, lemon zest, papaya, banana, and honeysuckle. Then buttered popcorn and vanilla oak characters emerge from the background to soften the fruit. There is a great balance of acidity and richness that makes Bread & Butter both refreshing and decadent.
- Item #: i_232390Bottle Size: 750mlOwners John and Michelle (JaM) Truchard have created quite a following in a relatively short amount of time. With the name of their wine label being called JaM, they employed the help of winemaker Rob Lloyd to produce a rich, jammy style of Cabernet. Well, that wine was a huge hit, and since Rob knew a thing or two about making Chardonnays, it only made sense that this white wine should be called "Butter". As the name implies, this is a rich, buttery style of Chardonnay laced with aromas of baked lemons and mandarin oranges mingle with a hint of spice and smoke. The palate begins with crisp pineapple, bright citrus and ripe melon while a soft creaminess rounds out the finish. This Chardonnay is ready for immediate enjoyment and is suited to a wide variety of foods including white fish, smoked salmon and creamy pasta dishes.
- Item #: i_207720Bottle Size: 750mlGrown high on the limestone-rich soils of Mt. Harlan, this is a sleek and sophisticated expression of cool-climate Chardonnay, with alluring aromas of guava, Mandarin orange, fennel and hints of cedar. On the palate, the wine's lovely weight and lush texture is balanced by a bright natural acidity that adds purity and precision to the generous white peach and passionfruit flavors.
- Item #: i_207710Bottle Size: 750MLShowcasing the vibrant charm of Chardonnay grown on the cool, windswept Central Coast, this wine displays enticing aromas of lemon zest, green apple, cedar and passionfruit. On the palate, mouthcoating waves of tropical fruit are balanced by a beam of natural acidity, with French oak-inspired hints of toasted brioche emerging on the finish.
- Item #: i_216040Bottle Size: 750MLThis just may be the best No Oak Chardonnay in the house! And it's no surprise that it comes from Chamisal Vineyards; it's the same winery that brought us the Goss Creek Chardonnay last year, and was one of our best Wine of the Month offerings in years! In fact, we STILL have people coming in looking for that sold out wine! The grapes for this bottling come from two sustainably farmed vineyards; one near the Santa Lucia Highlands appellation, and the other a few miles from the Chamisal vineyard. Both vineyards have a similarly fresh and bright characteristics. No oak is used in the winemaking process so the wine may showcase the essence of Chardonnay. 25% of the wine was put through maolactic fermentation to soften the acids, without adding buttery flavors.
Intended as a pure expression of what the Chardonnay varietal represents, Chamisal's Stainless Chardonnay has loads of fresh pineapple, lemon zest, golden apple and white peach fruit on the nose and palate. This wine has mouthwatering acidity, is bright and succulent profile, and a long finish of ripe, fresh flavors.
- Item #: i_227400Bottle Size: 750mlVersatility has made Chardonnay the undisputed heavyweight champion of California white wines. Guenoc Chardonnay is crafted to find the balance between acidity and richness. Enjoy the harmony of ripe tropical fruit, vanilla oak and citrus peel… ABC’ers look out!
- Item #: i_238200Bottle Size: 750MLFermented and aged in French and American Oak barrels, this elegant Chardonnay has a very attractive straw yellow color, and aromas of lime zest, pear, nectarine, bubble gum, honey, toasty oak and vanilla. The flavors are very clean, with nectarine, citrus, subtle floral notes and vanilla toastiness, producing layers of complexity with an excellent balance of fresh fruit acidity and palate weight. For the price, this is going to be a hard wine to beat!
- Item #: i_241500Bottle Size: 750mlJoseph J. Wagner, A 5TH generation winemaker, leads the winemaking team on this project as well as all the Meiomi / Belle Glos wines. As a kid, Joseph spent his spring and summer breaks in the Vineyard and Cellar at Caymus and still works alongside his father Chuck at Caymus handling a role in Viticulture and Winemaking.
After tasting this Chardonnay it was very clear that Joseph brought his well-honed skills and his A-game to the table! Stylistically it falls in the middle of the Wagner Family's other Chardonnays, Silver by Mer Soliel and Mer Soliel.
The Meiomi Chardonnay sees 100% Malolactic fermentation and displays smooth, opulent layers of pineapple and lemon peel are heightened by sweet smells of honey, almonds, baking spices, and subtle custard notes. The full flavors are highlighted by succulent acidity and a clean, mineral-driven finish.
- Item #: i_245490Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94What do you do when you are one of the most historic, highly-praised wineries in California making some of the best scoring Chardonnays? If you are Mount Eden, then you do it again!
Mount Eden is one of California's first truly boutique wineries. After prohibition, a gentleman by the name of Martin Ray began producing wine from this area using "obscure" grapes such as Pinot Noir and Chardonnay at a time when inferior grapes were the norm. His wines quickly became known as being some of the best in the state. He then sold that property and purchased a superior site "...just up the hill." That new property is what he named Mount Eden, and it is not uncommon for the Chardonnays to earn 95+ point scores from the critics, and these are some of the best Chardonnays made in California!
The Mount Eden wines show the same amazing qualities found in many of the Grand Crus from Burgundy; minerality, complexity, ripe orchard fruit, but restrained use of new oak. In addition to their estate vineyards, they purchase a small amount of grapes from Edna Valley, a cool-climate region in California's Central Coast. Edna Valley has one of the longest growing seasons in the world, which slows ripening and helps to develop great nuances of flavor while retaining its elegant nature. This particular vineyard is the oldest in the Edna Valley, and yields are equivalent to those whose wines are 2x-3x times this price!
Mount Eden makes this wine in essentially the same manner as their estate fruit; grapes are pressed without crushing, and barrel fermented in French Burgundy barrels. This year, Mount Eden's Wolff Vineyard Chardonnay has received a lofty 94-point score from Robert Parker's Wine Advocate, making this one of the best domestic Chardonnay values we've seen in years! Come and get it, while we still have it in stock!
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay Wolff Vineyard from Edna Valley is pure, energetic and fresh this vintage. The nose is lovely, loaded with floral perfume and ripe citrus fruits. The palate is silky and expansive with a shimmering mineral character and a long, pure finish. It improved over the two to three days it was open and will benefit from a long decant. 4,256 cases produced."
- Item #: i_247770Bottle Size: 750mlChardonnay from the Central Coast of California produces some of the country's highest quality wines. 100% sustainably grown fruit from Santa Maria Valley in Santa Barbara County bring restraine austerity and Edna Valley in San Luis Obispo County offering tropical fruit. The diversity of climates and soils results in a Chardonnay with aromas of delicate spring-time flowers, honey dew melon, white pepper along with peaches and cream from extended aging on lees in French oak. This is supported by crisp acid and is suited for short-term aging.
- Item #: i_248610Bottle Size: 750mlA lurid straw gold, the aromatics abound with bright lemon, butterscotch, honeysuckle and jasmine, with hints of Granny Smith apple, fresh butter and lime zest. Rich and layered upon entry, the palate espouses honeydew, yellow peach, vanilla with a lush, weighty viscosity. A vein of acidity is present through the finish with a pleasing close of minerality and lemon pith.
- Item #: i_268490Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 90The signature white wine of Talley Vineyards, the Estate Chardonnay, represents a pure expression of the calcareous soils and cool maritime climate of the Arroyo Grande Valley produced in a classic old world style, incorporating barrel fermentation and aging. This bottling dates to the inaugural vintage of 1986 and was the first Chardonnay produced in the Arroyo Grande Valley.
JEB DUNNUCK 90 POINTS - "Lots of orchard fruits, spiced melon, and floral notes emerge from the 2018 Chardonnay Estate Talley Vineyard. Offering medium-bodied richness, a kiss of classy oak, good acidity, and a clean, lengthy finish, it's beautifully done and ideal for drinking over the coming 3-5 years."
- Item #: i_268420Bottle Size: 750mlRosemary's Vineyard is located on a hillside surrounding Rosemary Talley’s home, and is characterized by white, rocky fractured sandstone and loam, with some clay in the subsoil. Rosemary's is steep, very well-drained, and because it is closer to the ocean, slightly cooler. Entirely hand-harvested, this was 100% barrel-fermented and aged for 15 months, yet there is no evidence of heaviness.
- Item #: i_274660Bottle Size: 750mlA very pale-golden color, tinted with green, announces this wine. The fruit aromas are of lemon and apple. The spice aromatics are toward cinnamon and cedar. There’s a bit of honeycomb as well as a smoked almond note. The minerality is present, but subdued. The palate is soft and pure silk.
- Item #: i_279550Bottle Size: 750mlOffers aromas and flavors of ripe tree fruit, underscored by hints of brown spice, citrus and tropical fruit. Hailing mostly from Sonoma and Mendocino, with a touch of fruit from Napa, this well-integrated wine has excellent acidity and a creamy mouthfeel.