- Item #: i_202570Bottle Size: 750MLJack Niven pioneered winegrape planting with Paragon Vineyard in the Edna Valley in 1973. Not the bystander type, his wife Catharine soon after began a project that grew into what is now Baileyana Winery. In the mid 1990s, their two sons, James and John, purchased property next door, and expanded Paragon Vineyard. They designed and planted these new blocks with select clones, varieties and rootstocks specific to the site. They names this section Firepeak, in homage of th extinct volcanoes in the area, and the resulting volcanic soils.
A bright but complex Chardonnay, this wine has upfront flavors of crisp pear, lemon zest, pineapple, and hints of creamy vanilla. Aromas of citrus and tropical flavors highlight the complexity of flavors that run throughout. The wine is smoothly textured and is well balanced from start to finish.
- Item #: i_205980Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine develops like a story in the glass as you let it breathe. It begins with a combination of bright butterscotch and soft citrus. Then the notes of cream and lemon meringue pie begin to rise to the surface and are joined with toast, smoke and vanilla flavors from the oak. Floral and canned peach aromas develop last. When it all comes together, it's magic. Let the wine open up to wonderful flavors of peach, lemon zest, papaya, banana, and honeysuckle. Then buttered popcorn and vanilla oak characters emerge from the background to soften the fruit. There is a great balance of acidity and richness that makes Bread & Butter both refreshing and decadent.
- Item #: i_232390Bottle Size: 750mlOwners John and Michelle (JaM) Truchard have created quite a following in a relatively short amount of time. With the name of their wine label being called JaM, they employed the help of winemaker Rob Lloyd to produce a rich, jammy style of Cabernet. Well, that wine was a huge hit, and since Rob knew a thing or two about making Chardonnays, it only made sense that this white wine should be called "Butter". As the name implies, this is a rich, buttery style of Chardonnay laced with aromas of baked lemons and mandarin oranges mingle with a hint of spice and smoke. The palate begins with crisp pineapple, bright citrus and ripe melon while a soft creaminess rounds out the finish. This Chardonnay is ready for immediate enjoyment and is suited to a wide variety of foods including white fish, smoked salmon and creamy pasta dishes.
- Item #: i_216040Bottle Size: 750MLThis just may be the best No Oak Chardonnay in the house! And it's no surprise that it comes from Chamisal Vineyards; it's the same winery that brought us the Goss Creek Chardonnay last year, and was one of our best Wine of the Month offerings in years! In fact, we STILL have people coming in looking for that sold out wine! The grapes for this bottling come from two sustainably farmed vineyards; one near the Santa Lucia Highlands appellation, and the other a few miles from the Chamisal vineyard. Both vineyards have a similarly fresh and bright characteristics. No oak is used in the winemaking process so the wine may showcase the essence of Chardonnay. 25% of the wine was put through maolactic fermentation to soften the acids, without adding buttery flavors.
Intended as a pure expression of what the Chardonnay varietal represents, Chamisal's Stainless Chardonnay has loads of fresh pineapple, lemon zest, golden apple and white peach fruit on the nose and palate. This wine has mouthwatering acidity, is bright and succulent profile, and a long finish of ripe, fresh flavors.
- Item #: i_227400Bottle Size: 750mlVersatility has made Chardonnay the undisputed heavyweight champion of California white wines. Guenoc Chardonnay is crafted to find the balance between acidity and richness. Enjoy the harmony of ripe tropical fruit, vanilla oak and citrus peel… ABC’ers look out!
- Item #: i_238200Bottle Size: 750MLFermented and aged in French and American Oak barrels, this elegant Chardonnay has a very attractive straw yellow color, and aromas of lime zest, pear, nectarine, bubble gum, honey, toasty oak and vanilla. The flavors are very clean, with nectarine, citrus, subtle floral notes and vanilla toastiness, producing layers of complexity with an excellent balance of fresh fruit acidity and palate weight. For the price, this is going to be a hard wine to beat!
- Item #: i_241500Bottle Size: 750mlJoseph J. Wagner, A 5TH generation winemaker, leads the winemaking team on this project as well as all the Meiomi / Belle Glos wines. As a kid, Joseph spent his spring and summer breaks in the Vineyard and Cellar at Caymus and still works alongside his father Chuck at Caymus handling a role in Viticulture and Winemaking.
After tasting this Chardonnay it was very clear that Joseph brought his well-honed skills and his A-game to the table! Stylistically it falls in the middle of the Wagner Family's other Chardonnays, Silver by Mer Soliel and Mer Soliel.
The Meiomi Chardonnay sees 100% Malolactic fermentation and displays smooth, opulent layers of pineapple and lemon peel are heightened by sweet smells of honey, almonds, baking spices, and subtle custard notes. The full flavors are highlighted by succulent acidity and a clean, mineral-driven finish.
- Item #: i_245490Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 90Mount Eden is one of California's first truly boutique wineries. After prohibition, a gentleman by the name of Martin Ray began producing wine from this area using "obscure" grapes such as Pinot Noir and Chardonnay at a time when inferior grapes were the norm. His wines quickly became known as being some of the best in the state. He then sold that property and purchased a superior site "...just up the hill." That new property is Mount Eden and it is not uncommon for the Chardonnays to get critical scores somewhere between 94-96 points. In addition, they purchase a small amount of grapes from Edna Valley, a cool-climate region in California's Central Coast.
ANTONIO GALLONI 90 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Edna Valley is soft, open and inviting. Tangerine peel, almond, lemon confit and tropical notes infuse the 2017 with lovely character and textural richness, all in the mid-weight style that is typical of the Mount Eden wines. In 2017, the Edna Valley is a blend of fruit from several vineyards in the appellation. This is such a pretty wine, and a fabulous value to boot."
- Item #: i_247770Bottle Size: 750mlChardonnay from the Central Coast of California produces some of the country's highest quality wines. 100% sustainably grown fruit from Santa Maria Valley in Santa Barbara County bring restraine austerity and Edna Valley in San Luis Obispo County offering tropical fruit. The diversity of climates and soils results in a Chardonnay with aromas of delicate spring-time flowers, honey dew melon, white pepper along with peaches and cream from extended aging on lees in French oak. This is supported by crisp acid and is suited for short-term aging.
- Item #: i_248610Bottle Size: 750mlLike the mannequins on the label, many of Orin Swift's Chardonnay vineyards have their own set of unique characteristics - the soil, the rickety old gate, or even the dove hunters in the adjacent field. From the tops of the Stagecoach Vineyard to the cool Sonoma Carneros, Orin Swift lets Chardonnay hang until they turn golden-brown, and after being carefully picked, are barrel fermented in a mix of new and seasoned French oak. No two resulting lots ever smell or taste the same, but when blended together, they create something never seen before - much like the collection of mannequins on the bottle.
Pale gold in the glass, opulent aromatics of Meyer lemon, vanilla creme, and sweet oak are complemented by subtle notes of jasmine, gardenias and caramel. The layered palate is replete with ripe stone fruit, melon, lemon curd and hints of roasted almond, grapefruit pith and white pepper. The finish is long and rich with a tapering young coconut flavor.
- Item #: i_265410Bottle Size: 750MLSteele's Chardonnay Cuvee consistently exhibits excellent depth of flavor, wonderful acidity and complex aromas. The Santa Maria vineyards add a tropical fruit character to the wine, flavors and aroma of mango, pineapple, and papaya. The Sonoma vineyards attribute citrus character and acid to the cuvee. The Mendocino vineyard flavor profile leans toward citrus fruit, baked apples and cinnamon.
- Item #: i_268420Bottle Size: 750mlRosemary's Vineyard is located on a hillside surrounding Rosemary Talley’s home, and is characterized by white, rocky fractured sandstone and loam, with some clay in the subsoil. Rosemary's is steep, very well-drained, and because it is closer to the ocean, slightly cooler. Entirely hand-harvested, this was 100% barrel-fermented and aged for 15 months, yet there is no evidence of heaviness.
- Item #: i_274660Bottle Size: 750mlA very pale-golden color, tinted with green, announces this wine. The fruit aromas are of lemon and apple. The spice aromatics are toward cinnamon and cedar. There’s a bit of honeycomb as well as a smoked almond note. The minerality is present, but subdued. The palate is soft and pure silk.
- Item #: i_279550Bottle Size: 750mlOffers aromas and flavors of ripe tree fruit, underscored by hints of brown spice, citrus and tropical fruit. Hailing mostly from Sonoma and Mendocino, with a touch of fruit from Napa, this well-integrated wine has excellent acidity and a creamy mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_272430Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleVista Verde Vineyard is located a couple miles southeast of Hollister, California, near the small town of Tres Pinos in San Benito County. Traditional Portuguese varieties – Touriga National, Tinta Cao, Tinta Francesca and Tinta Madeira – were used to create this Port made in the traditional style.
Aromas of berry fruits and fresh flowers jump from the glass, while supporting notes of mocha and wood spices add to the potpourri of aromatics. On the palate, the texture is lithe with the right balance of sweetness to tannin and acid. Flavors of citrus, milk chocolate, and cedar meld with the berry notes all the way to the elegant finish. Enjoy this Port wine with all things chocolate, or with strong cheese. Please note that this will be the last offering of our Port; it is a great final chapter in a series of wonderful wines.