- Item #: i_216010Bottle Size: 750mlChamisal's 2017 Monterey County Chardonnay is vinified using traditional Burgundian winemaking techniques. This includes whole cluster pressing, barrel fermentations, batonnage, native yeast, and malolactic fermentation. They utilize press cuts to fine-tune quality and vinify in many small lots, allowing to assemble their Monterey Chardonnay with a focus on quality and richness.
This full-bodied wine exhibits classic varietal characteristics with aromas of toasted oak and creme brrlee. The entry is fruit driven with hints of lemon cream, Fuji apple, ripe pineapple and baked pear, leading to a rich and creamy mid-palate. Finishing clean with lingering acidity and broad texture, the wine is a beautiful example of Monterey County Chardonnay.
- Item #: i_245240Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 93The Double L Vineyard is well situated to produce Chardonnay of the highest caliber. Located near the northern tip of the Santa Lucia Highlands AVA, the vineyard receives brisk afternoon breezes from nearby Monterey Bay. North-south vineyard row orientation allows for optimum sun exposure on the Highlands’ east - facing terraces. Wind and sun combine for a long growing season, resulting in vibrant fruit flavors with balanced acidity. The vineyard was certified organic in 2002, although it has been conscientiously farmed in this method since the original plantings in 1997.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Owner Dan Lee and winemaker Sam Smith's 2017s maintain this pioneering winery's streak of producing fresh, fruit-driven wines that are pretty hard to resist straight out of the gate. The good news is that, aside from the single-vineyard wines made from fruit sourced from some of the region's best sites, there's quite a bit of them to go around, compared to many of their neighbors."
"Pale shimmering gold. A complex, highly perfumed bouquet evokes pear nectar, honeydew melon, buttered toast and white flowers. Silky, seamless and energetic on the palate, offering concentrated orchard and citrus fruit, floral and vanilla flavors and a hint of smoky lees. Rich yet lively and focused, showing outstanding clarity on an impressively long, mineral- and floral-driven finish. This wine saw 24% new French oak."
- Item #: i_257690Bottle Size: 750MLSan Simeon Chardonnay is a rich, mouth-filling wine with ripe tropical fruit flavors with complements of citrus and pear. The nose reveals bright fruit and oak toast with hints of vanilla and spice. Mineral notes express the rocky terroir of the vineyards. This structured and well-balanced wine shows a lengthy finish with potential to age.
- Item #: i_274360Bottle Size: 750mlOlson displays a “crunchy” acidity, not unlike Chenin Blanc. Just 5 miles off the Pacific Ocean, the climate is incredibly cold. Locals colloquially call Prunedale “Prunetucky”, and Olson is a large sand dune rising above the town, just west of the 101 and facing the ocean. Typically this wine shows dried honey, Asian pear, and roasted pineapple on top of a distinct saline note.
- Item #: i_241210Bottle Size: 750mlMonterey County's Santa Lucia Highland Region produces some of the best Chardonnay and Pinot Noir in the world. This region benefits from cool morning fog and afternoon breezes that result in a long growing season, producing intense fruit flavors balanced with vibrant acidity.
The label "Silver" came into being due to the fact that the wine saw no oak; it was fermented and aged in stainless steel. The wine still never sees any oak, yet in addition to stainless steel, cement tanks are utilized to give the wine a small amount of oxygen contact to enhance flavor development, similar to aging in an oak barrel.
Bright minerality and fresh-cut hay qualities are apparent on the nose, followed by zesty citrus and stone-fruit notes. Seamless fruit flavors of grapefruit, lemon and gooseberry shine through on the mid-palate, complemented by a crisp acidity that carries through from start to finish. The higher acidity in this wine makes it a perfect accompaniment to a wide array of food, particularly fresh salads, grilled seafood, and some tomato-based dishes.