- Item #: i_207310Bottle Size: 750mlIt's not often that tank-fermented Chardonnay delivers the depth and texture of Teresa's Unoaked Chardonnay. This rich and diverse wine has bright fruit aromas and a nicely balanced mouth feel. The complex bouquet includes key lime, lemon peel, peaches and apricots. The crisp tartness complements the wine's natural viscosity and creates balance and elegance. This wine is extremely versatile with food. It's textured and plush enough to compliment rich seafood like lobster, crab and scallops, but also has a crisp acidity and fruit flavors that can pair nicely with more diverse flavors like grilled pork tenderloin with a fresh apple reduction sauce.
- Item #: i_214000Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92Dehlinger has long been recognized for its Russian River Valley Chardonnays, which are known for their balance, fresh acidity, and unctuous flavor. Today, Dehlinger produces a single Estate Chardonnay bottling each vintage, originating from their eight acres of Chardonnay vines planted between 1975 and 1988. These old vines, grown in the region's classic goldridge series soils, are grafted to the California heritage "Wente" clone, which produces small clusters and berries and has a notable minerality and almost oily viscosity.
Dehlinger's Chardonnays are crafted using traditional techniques which preserve the flavor and elegance of the variety. At harvest, the grapes are picked at night, brought cold into the winery and "whole cluster pressed" to extract the highest quality juice. From there, the juice is fermented in French oak barrels using native yeasts. The wine gains further complexity through malolactic fermentation and a year of aging on the lees. Dehlinger has been bottling its Chardonnays "Unfiltered" since the late 1990s in order to capture the full flavor potential and most pleasing texture possible.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Not surprisingly, in 2017 Dehlinger's Chardonnay Estate is quite racy and luscious. Orchard fruit, citrus confit, and wild flowers take on an extra level of sheer richness, while tropical accents add to the real feeling of exoticism."
- Item #: i_214070Bottle Size: 750mlThe Grabo Ranch wines is Dehlinger's vision to present you with a charming pair of wines originating from a property that has an authentic and rich history. These wines are intended to be enjoyed any night of the week, and are made using the same classical traditional cellar techniques of small barrel fermentation and maturation consistent with the Dehlinger style.
This wine is produced from old-vine grapes grown in goldridge soil and planted to heritage California clones. This expressive wine is a blend of two aromatic clones of Chardonnay: Rued Clone and See's Clone. The wine was fermented in 75% neutral oak, 25% new, for enhanced fruit transparency, and the fermentation temperatures were held cool to retain fruit aromas. The wine was bottled unfiltered. The wine is fresh, supple and round, and features notes of yuzu citrus and peachy undertones.
- Item #: i_220220Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94+Vinous Media: 94-96ANTONIO GALLONI 94-96 POINTS - "One of the early highlights in this range, the 2018 Chardonnay Isobel Charles Heintz Vineyard is wonderfully precise and nuanced. The natural richness of this site comes through, but the 2018 is a bit more focused and pointed than it usually is. Exotic floral notes and hints of tropical fruits play off striking mineral underpinnings. This is such a vivid and captivating young Chardonnay."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS - "Winemaker Andy Smith says that because of the very large crops and big clusters in 2018, there was some inevitable botrytis character in the 2018 Chardonnay Isobel Charles Heintz Vineyard. Although the nose is youthfully tight, the petrichor and flint aromas open to lemon drop and tropical hints, and the palate, which is tight, linear and bright, hints at more savory layers to come, finishing lifted and ethereal. This vintage has loads of personality and should be very long lived."
- Item #: i_223910Bottle Size: 750mlFrei Brothers' Russian River Valley Chardonnay is a soft and complex reflection of one of Sonoma's most renowned cool-climate regions. This wine displays flavors of green apple, orange zest and apple pie, complemented by notes of butter and toast. The rich, nutty flavors in this Chardonnay lead to a silky finish and a plush mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_219890Bottle Size: 750mlPellegrini's Olivet Lane Vineyard was planted in 1975 to Wente selection on AXR roostock. The vineyard sits on 65 acres of sloping benchland in the Santa Rosa Plain, in between the warmer Westside Road region andthe cooler Green Valley, where warm sunny days are moderated by cool breezes and chilly evening temperatures. The combination of low temperature, regular fog intrusion and well-drained loam, clay soils create an excellent environment for growing Chardonnay that develop cool-climate characteristics and impeccable acid at fairly low sugars. The wines from this vineyard simultaneously express power and finess, and they do so with tremendous balance.
Winemaker's Tasting Notes: "Attractive citrus notes of lemon tart, grapefruit and lime zest initially open up in the glass, followed by rich aromas of honeysuckle, lemongrass and pie crust. The palate opens up with flavors of roasted Meyer lemon, wildflower honey, apricot and peach. The texture is rich and creamy with an underlying layer of acidity and loads of fleshy fruit that linger into a persistent finish."
- Item #: i_219940Bottle Size: 750mlThis layered and complex Chardonnay brings together fruit from several of the winery's favorite Russian River Valley vineyard sites. Anchored by the naturally balanced character of Westside Farms and intriguing floral and stone fruit notes from Bacigalupi Vineyard, the wine's great concentration and structure derive from the nearby Rochioli and Allen vineyards. Olivet Lane Vineyard, featuring the Wente clone, adds refreshing citrus tones and excellent acidity.
This wine begins with intense aromatics of fresh cut lilies, chive blossoms, zesty lemons, limes and pithy white grapefruit. The abundant citrus on the nose persists on the palate as you are greeted with invigorating notes of freshly squeezed lemon juice, jasmine green tea and spicy wasabi arugula. This all comes together seamlessly on a silky palate with delicate undertones of creme fraiche and Marzipan. Pale straw in color, elegant aromas of jasmine and apple blossom fill the glass. Just ripened nectarines and white peaches compliment the pronounced floral tones while hints of graham cracker provide depth and richness. Balanced natural acidity coupled with a complex essence of zesty citrus oil capture the myriad of flavors and leave a lasting impression upon the palate.
- Item #: i_228880Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsDon, Jennifer, and their children Hailey and MacLean make up their family of four; hence the name of the Four Hearts bottling. This Chardonnay is almost exclusively from Tom Dehlinger's Vineyard on Laguna Ridge in the Russian River Valley. The vineyard is planted to heirloom clones of Chardonnay and is one of the oldest plantings of Chardonnay in the Russian River - over 40 years old.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS "More brioche, honeysuckle, pineapple, and caramelized citrus notes all emerge from the 2018 Chardonnay Four Hearts Vineyards, which is beautifully balanced, medium to full-bodied, and textured on the palate. It shows the more supple, easygoing style of the vintage for Chardonnay yet still has beautiful freshness, good concentration, and a great finish."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "Already bottled, the 2018 Chardonnay Four Hearts Vineyard features bold baked pears, fresh Golden Delicious apples and lemonade scents with touches of chalk dust and allspice. Medium-bodied, the palate has a racy line lifting the apple and pear flavors, finishing on a chalky note. 2,100 cases were made."
- Item #: i_228800Bottle Size: 750mlHartford Family Winery was founded in 1994 as a result of Don and Jennifer Hartford's appreciation for the wines, the people, and the unique vineyards near their Russian River Valley home. Located in the Sonoma County town of Forestville, the winery is about 15 miles from the cool Pacific Coast. Making delicious wines of high personality is directly related to the difficult locations of their vineyard sources, the limited production of their bottlings and the varietals they use. "Character through adversity" is an expression that they believe applies to people and grapevines and surviving adversity builds character, and personality, in both.
The Russian River Valley is one of the best places in the world for growing Chardonnay. The cooling winds from the Pacific Ocean spread throughout the area, and help to moderate the temperatures throughout the day, whereas areas just to the east are exceptionally warmer. Also, the soils are a mix of sand, clay, and silt. The clay brings richness to a wine, while the sand brings more flowered aromatics and brightness in the wine. If you ask us, this sounds like the recipe for Chardonnay perfection!
- Item #: i_232900Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "A vintage defined by its crispness, vibrancy and freshness. Pretty aromas of honeysuckle, lemon blossom and Fuji apple spring from the glass. The palate boasts bright, lively layers of citrus with a hint of oak and creaminess from careful barrel aging and batonnage. Flavors of kumquat, lemon and Fuji apple linger in the juicy, mouthwatering finish. Enjoy now or cellar through 2023."
- Item #: i_233870Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "A minerally style, with crunchy acidity backing the concentrated pear and green apple flavors, featuring accents of dried tarragon. Lemon curd notes show on the fresh, focused finish. Drink now through 2025. 185 cases made."
- Item #: i_256334Bottle Size: 750mlAromas of meyer lemon, nectarine and jasmine. Flavors of yellow plum, d'Anjou pear, tangerine and toasted hazelnut. Richly textured, velvety and concentrated with balanced acidity and subtle toast.
- Item #: i_269005Bottle Size: 750mlThis Chardonnay has a typical for the variety and the style aromas of tropical fruits, ripe apples, peaches and apricots. Further aeration reveals deeper aromas of toast with a touch of caramel and ripe Mayer lemons meringue and a bit of minerality. The mouth feel is generous and rich, with tamed acidity and long and round finish.
- Item #: i_237240Bottle Size: 750mlCreme brulee opens into a candied pear bouquet. Fermented in stainless steel tanks on the leas and aged in neutral, French oak barrels, light hints of vanilla arise with more robust cantaloupe, citrus, and ripe melon notes. Balanced, fresh texture and crisp acidity harmonize this Chardonnay in a wonderful expression of the Russian River Valley.
- Item #: i_249340Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Dutton Ranch aged on the lees in 35% new oak with weekly batonnage. It reluctantly opens to apple pie, toast, apricot, roasted almonds and smoky reduction. It's medium-bodied, silky and more expressive in the mouth with honeyed, savory notions framing the intense fruits, enlivened by juicy acidity and finishing long and textured. This will benefit from another year in bottle."
- Item #: i_230500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 95JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "Loads of caramelized peach, toasted spices, brioche, and honeyed citrus emerge from the 2018 Chardonnay Ross Station Estate, one of the richer, more powerful Chardonnay in the lineup. Nevertheless, it has beautiful acidity, flawless balanced, and a great finish. Brought up in 50% new French oak, it's drinking spot on today and shows the vintage nicely. It will also age well for 4-6 years, probably longer, but there's no need to delay gratification."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay Ross Station Estate opens with toast and flint, segueing to golden apple, white flowers and salted almonds. The medium-bodied, satiny palate is singing, bursting with juicy, savory flavors and finishing very long. 317 cases produced."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The Chardonnay Ross Station Estate is especially fine in 2018. Rich and explosive in the glass, the 2018 possesses terrific depth and a real sense of energy really drives the orchard fruit and floral flavors. Soaring aromatics and soft contours give this exuberant, inviting Chardonnay tons of sheer appeal. The 2018 is class personified."
- Item #: i_230550Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Starting with the 2018 Chardonnay Russian River Valley, this quintessential Russian River Chardonnay offers loads of white currants, caramelized peach, honeysuckle, and spicy oak aromas and flavors. With good acidity, beautiful purity, and a layered, opulent texture, it's a gem of a wine well worth seeking out. This cuvee comes 80% from estate fruit."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay offers a striking combination of energy and textural creaminess. Lemon confit, white flowers, almond and field herbs are some of the many notes that meld together in this super-expressive, inviting Chardonnay from Paul Hobbs. This is a gorgeous appellation-level wine."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay has pretty scents of dried leaves, hay and almonds with underlying spicy notes and a core of honeyed white peaches. Medium-bodied, the palate is silky in texture with savory, spicy character, seamless freshness and a long finish. 6,158 cases produced."
- Item #: i_253900Bottle Size: 750mlRaeburn is an Olde English term which means the river where one goes to drink. So it's fitting that Raeburn's expressive, beautifully balanced Chardonnay begins in the heart of the Russian River Valley where some of the world's finest Chardonnay grapes are grown.
Ripe, luscious and delicious, let Raeburn take you to the river to share a laugh with friends, enhance your favorite meal or just let the day fall away.
- Item #: i_252820Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "From another awesome vineyard in the Russian River, the 2017 Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard is one of the richer, more powerful Chardonnay in the lineup. Medium gold-colored, with notes of sauteed orchard fruits, brioche, honeysuckle, and lemon curd, it hits the palate with medium to full-bodied richness, good acidity, and a mouthfilling texture that keeps you coming back. It actually gains freshness and vibrancy with time in the glass and is another age-worthy, brilliant Chardonnay from Ramey I'd be happy to have in the cellar."
- Item #: i_252880Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 94ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Woolsey Road Vineyard is a racy wine endowed with terrific richness. Lemon confit, white flowers, mint and tropical overtones all grace this unctuous, deeply layered Chardonnay. The balance of textural intensity and freshness is simply compelling. The 2017 is so expressive today."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Seeing 20 months in 20% new barrels, the 2017 Chardonnay Woolsey Road Vineyard offers plenty of brioche and white flower nuances to go with rocking levels of Meyer lemon and tart pineapple fruit. It's rich, concentrated, and powerful on the palate, yet also has a racy spine of acidity that just about hits the tart level, yet never goes over the edge. This rocking Russian River Valley Chardonnay is going to benefit from 2-3 years of bottle age and keep for over a decade. It's beautiful but needs short-term cellaring."
- Item #: i_262330Bottle Size: 750mlThe Cutrer is always a rich, complex wine and, this particular vintage, is even more so! Imagine walking into a baker's kitchen and smelling a warm fruit pie fresh from the oven. Those delectable aromas are waiting in your glass with integrated oak notes of caramel, pie crust, ripe peach, nougat, brown sugar and honeysuckle floral notes. Layers of white peach and pear, light vanilla, roasted nuts and baking spice fill your mouth with the first sip. This wine is a beautiful balance between a lovely mid-palate creaminess with bright acidity and a long (very), mouthwatering finish. The Cutrer appeals to wine lovers who enjoy a creamier, rounder Chardonnay with more oak influence and this vintage is exceptional!
- Item #: i_276650Bottle Size: 750mlEnjoy flavors and aromas of lemon curd, green apple, tangy pineapple and baked brioche. Spicy overtones reminiscent of clove, nutmeg and a kiss of vanilla add complexity. Forward fruit on the entry with richness and a slight creaminess on the mid-palate and fresh, lingering fruit flavors and mouthwatering acidity in the finish.
- Item #: i_271900Bottle Size: 750mlSourced from older vines in the Russian River Valley, the Unoaked Chardonnay displays tremendous depth and character. Aromatic and rich, the nose displays spiced pear and citrus notes with some tropical undertones while notes of yellow apple are also apparent. The key to richness and development of texture is sur lie aging and batonnage. This means that, much like barrel fermented Chardonnay, the Unoaked stays on the lees and is stirred weekly in tank to encourage mouthfeel development. Coupled with the concentration from lower yielding old vines, the result is a wine with a sense of place and purpose.