- Item #: i_227210Bottle Size: 750mlAfter nearly 25 years of experience producing Chardonnay for other wineries, Greg now produces his own version of this classic California Chardonnay under his own label. The fruit comes from the Sangiacomo Family Vineyards just south of the town of Sonoma in the Carneros area, which provides ideal soils and climate. The Sangiacomos have been sustainably farming for three generations, providing quality grapes for numerous wineries since the late 1960s.
The fruit was selected from older established blocks. Each block was separately hand-harvested, pressed in a basket press, and then fermented in one third each new barrels, one-year barrels and older barrels in a cold (50º F) storage area. After primary fermentation the wine was inoculated for a second, malolactic fermentation and aged on its lees for nearly nine months, with the yeast lees gently stirred bi-weekly.
- Item #: i_226912Bottle Size: 750mlThis 2018 Chardonnay opens to exuberant tropical aromatics of pineapple, green mango and ripe peach, with underlying notes of dried herbs and Madagascar vanilla. With this, it bears witness to a warm growing season that saw two significant heat events. While the grapes for this wine were picked earlier than usual in order to maintain acidity and freshness, the tropical aromatics are accentuated by the warmer temperatures of this vintage. While it is nimble on the attack, this wine quickly builds into a lush and fresh mid-palate, revisiting the tropical note from earlier, as well as adding citrus and lemon zest. A balanced acidity frames this impression perfectly and carries this wine into a long and complex finish that is both harmonious and vibrant.
- Item #: i_227330Bottle Size: 750MLLong, cool fermentation in a mixture of old and new barrels gives this Chardonnay layers of fruitiness and complexity that result in a wine that is very enjoyable when young or after several years of bottle age. This method of fermentation, in conjunction with whole cluster pressing and "sur lie" aging add layers of toastiness and creaminess to the wine. Together these components meld together harmoniously to create a balanced wine that is both lively and rich in aroma and flavor.
- Item #: i_227400Bottle Size: 750mlVersatility has made Chardonnay the undisputed heavyweight champion of California white wines. Guenoc Chardonnay is crafted to find the balance between acidity and richness. Enjoy the harmony of ripe tropical fruit, vanilla oak and citrus peel… ABC’ers look out!
- Item #: i_227950Bottle Size: 750mlAromatic and bright with lemon rind, early harvest melon, jasmine blossoms, and minerals, this medium-bodied Chardonnay is full of juicy white nectarine and key lime balanced by zesty acidity and a clean finish belying its ample mouthfeel and texture. Perfect for sipping, quaffing, pairing, and changing opinions.
- Item #: i_228240Bottle Size: 750mlHahn's Chardonnay highlights some of the best vineyards in Monterey and other vineyards from California. This high coastal region greets the day with morning sun giving way to afternoon breezes, the perfect setting for this Burgundian varietal. In the glass it gives a light golden hue with lemon peel, and pear on the nose. Once tasted it reveals layers of subtle peach and pineapple with a touch of vanilla toast. A clean finish leaves lingering hints of tropical lychee and green bananas. This medium-bodied wine has a crisp acidity and well rounded, making it a perfect accompaniment for pasta dishes, chicken, grilled prawns and white corn salad.
- Item #: i_228570Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "The 2015 Chardonnay is a little reticent to begin, slowing unfurling to reveal lemon tart, apple pie and nectarine notions with hints of honeyed toast, cashews and orange blossoms. The medium-bodied palate is refreshing and elegantly styled with many citrus and stone fruit layers accented by savory suggestions and a satiny texture, finishing long and mineral laced. 3,769 cases produced."
- Item #: i_228740Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94+Vinous Media: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 96JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "Chassagne-Montrachet-like notes of white flowers, crushed chalk, toasted brioche, honeyed orchard fruits, and a liquid rock-like minerality all emerge from the 2017 Chardonnay Far Coast Vineyard. A beautifully balanced, elegant white from this estate, it builds on the palate, showing a distinct salinity, medium to full-bodied richness, bright acidity, and a great, clean, blockbuster styled finish. This is pure class and just a complete, gorgeous Chardonnay to enjoy over the coming 7-8 years or more."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Far Coast Vineyard leaps from the glass with vivacious lemon curd, key lime pie and fresh grapefruit scents plus wafts of honeysuckle, mandarin peel, struck flint and fresh ginger. Medium-bodied, the palate is packed with zip and zing, delivering layer upon layer of citrus and mineral notions, finishing on an enticing tropical fruit note. 326 cases were made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Far Coast Vineyard balances nervy tension with a good deal of mid-palate richness. White flowers, mint and white pepper add a brilliant upper register that gives the wine a feeling of energy and vibrancy."
- Item #: i_228730Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+Jeb Dunnuck: 99JEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS - "Coming from a site on a panoramic ridgetop located at 1150 feet in elevation, west of the town of Occidental and facing Bodega Bay, the 2017 Chardonnay Seascape Vineyard is another magical effort from this estate and is a quintessential Sonoma Coast Chardonnay. White flowers, salty minerality, apple blossom, and tart pineapple all emerge from the glass, and it's medium to full-bodied and has a wonderful purity, bright (almost racy) acidity, and a great finish. Brought up in 42% new French oak, it shows almost no trace of its elevage, and while tight and slightly closed on the palate, it's nevertheless insanely good. Give bottles another year and enjoy over the following decade."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Seascape Vineyard is a little closed at this youthful stage, revealing suggestions of lime cordial, lemon meringue pie, orange blossoms and acacia honey with wafts of oyster shell and green tea. Medium-bodied, the palate is elegantly played with a lovely satiny texture and a lively line cutting through the intense flavors, finishing long and minerally."
- Item #: i_228710Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsIf you check to see which Sonoma County winery has the highest average score for their wines, Hartford Family will be towards the top of that list! Founded in 1994 as a result of Don and Jennifer Hartford’s appreciation for the wines, the Hartford family makes delicious wines of high personality directly related to the difficult locations of their vineyard sources, the limited production of their bottlings, the varietals they use, and the immense talent of their winemaker Jeff Stewart. “Character through adversity” is an expression that they believe applies to people and grapevines and surviving adversity builds character, and personality, in both.
This bottling comes from a small vineyard block within the well-known Durrell Vineyard; it sits in the path of an ancient, uplifted river bed on the flank of Sonoma Mountain within the cool Sonoma Coast AVA. Tumbled and water-worn cobblestones now litter the landscape of the vineyard, and very little topsoil remains. The nutritionally deficient soils force the vines to search for water and generate considerable stress on the vines. The stressed vines in turn yield very small clusters with intense varietal flavors.
JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "From a site on the Sonoma Coast (this comes all from a block within the Durell Vineyard), the 2017 Chardonnay Stone Cote Vineyard reminds me of a Grand Cru Chablis on steroids, with gorgeous lemon curd, iodine, white flowers, crushed chalky, and a touch of green almond, with its oak beautifully integrated. Showing medium to full-bodied richness as well as flawless balance, this is a Chardonnay that builds with time in the glass as well as on the palate and has bright, salty acidity and incredible length. Beautifully done, it's another thrilling Chardonnay from this estate."
- Item #: i_228880Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsDon, Jennifer, and their children Hailey and MacLean make up their family of four; hence the name of the Four Hearts bottling. This Chardonnay is almost exclusively from Tom Dehlinger's Vineyard on Laguna Ridge in the Russian River Valley. The vineyard is planted to heirloom clones of Chardonnay and is one of the oldest plantings of Chardonnay in the Russian River - over 40 years old.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS "More brioche, honeysuckle, pineapple, and caramelized citrus notes all emerge from the 2018 Chardonnay Four Hearts Vineyards, which is beautifully balanced, medium to full-bodied, and textured on the palate. It shows the more supple, easygoing style of the vintage for Chardonnay yet still has beautiful freshness, good concentration, and a great finish."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "Already bottled, the 2018 Chardonnay Four Hearts Vineyard features bold baked pears, fresh Golden Delicious apples and lemonade scents with touches of chalk dust and allspice. Medium-bodied, the palate has a racy line lifting the apple and pear flavors, finishing on a chalky note. 2,100 cases were made."
- Item #: i_228750Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay Stone Côte was 100% barrel fermented in French oak barrels, 32% new, and aged for 15 months. It offers a very pretty perfume of honeysuckle, mandarin peel, candied ginger and lemongrass with a core of white peaches, pears and grapefruit. Medium-bodied, elegantly styled and with great freshness, it finishes long and mineral laced. 350 cases were made."
- Item #: i_228800Bottle Size: 750mlHartford Family Winery was founded in 1994 as a result of Don and Jennifer Hartford's appreciation for the wines, the people, and the unique vineyards near their Russian River Valley home. Located in the Sonoma County town of Forestville, the winery is about 15 miles from the cool Pacific Coast. Making delicious wines of high personality is directly related to the difficult locations of their vineyard sources, the limited production of their bottlings and the varietals they use. "Character through adversity" is an expression that they believe applies to people and grapevines and surviving adversity builds character, and personality, in both.
The Russian River Valley is one of the best places in the world for growing Chardonnay. The cooling winds from the Pacific Ocean spread throughout the area, and help to moderate the temperatures throughout the day, whereas areas just to the east are exceptionally warmer. Also, the soils are a mix of sand, clay, and silt. The clay brings richness to a wine, while the sand brings more flowered aromatics and brightness in the wine. If you ask us, this sounds like the recipe for Chardonnay perfection!
- Item #: i_229830Bottle Size: 750MLThe Heitz name is so deeply ingrained in the culture of Cabernet connoisseurs that some people are surprised to discover we have been making Chardonnay since the winery was founded in 1961. Sleek and vibrant with the invigorating aroma of juicy pear and lemon blossoms. It's a delicious wine delivering tiers of citrus flavor and the slight tanginess.
- Item #: i_231150Bottle Size: 750MLNestled in the rolling hillsides of the Carneros growing region, Lee Hudson has some of the most amazing vineyards we have ever seen! His list of clients who purchase Hudson Vineyard fruit include Arnot Roberts, Bedrock, Cakebread, Duckhorn, Kistler, Kongsgaard, Lewis, Neyers, Nickel & Nickel, Orin Swift, Patz & Hall, and Ramey. The individual blocks within the vineyards are sites of intense varietal distinctiveness.
The wine fermented slowly in French oak barrels with the wild yeasts finishing fermentation early in the new year and malolactic following soon after. Somehow, Hudson Chardonnay has the ability to be rich and decadent, yet retains fresh acidity, vibrancy, and minerals.
- Item #: i_228780Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 94This could, very well, be one of the best joint ventures for Chardonnay anywhere in the world! HDV wines combine the exquisite and highly sought-after vineyards of Larry Hyde, and the visionary quest for perfection of Domaine de la Romanee-Conti's Aubert de Villaine. Using sustainable farming practices, and planting clones suited to the soil have given the Hyde vineyard a reputation that cannot be outdone. As for Aubert, his family's pursuit for perfection has given them one of the best reputations in the wine world. Together, these families have comprised a Chardonnay whose style is a perfect balance between California richness and Burgundian minerality.
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Hyde Vineyard is a blend of Calera and Wente clones, which, along with the decision to pick early, yields a Chardonnay with distinctly salty, saline notes that give the wine energy, tension and persistence. Orchard fruit, white flowers, mint and white pepper add striking aromatic top notes. The 2017 is quiet understated, but it is also just sublime. The 2017 spent 12 months in oak (15% new) and about four months in tank prior to bottling. It is pure class."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay opens with pure notes of poached pears, white peach, quince and apple pie plus notions of citrus blossoms, smoke, toast and honeyed hints in the undercurrent—what a superb perfume! The palate is still youthfully wound, offering energetic citrus and mineral-laced fruits, tangy, vibrant and bright and finishing very long and nuanced."
- Item #: i_238560Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "The rich palate texture is achieved through the use of classic Burgundian techniques, such as primary and malolactic fermentation in French oak barrels and weekly stirring of the lees. The palate is balanced by fresh flavors of apple, pear, and Meyer lemon cream with a long, sweet oak finish."
- Item #: i_238200Bottle Size: 750MLFermented and aged in French and American Oak barrels, this elegant Chardonnay has a very attractive straw yellow color, and aromas of lime zest, pear, nectarine, bubble gum, honey, toasty oak and vanilla. The flavors are very clean, with nectarine, citrus, subtle floral notes and vanilla toastiness, producing layers of complexity with an excellent balance of fresh fruit acidity and palate weight. For the price, this is going to be a hard wine to beat!
- Item #: i_232900Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "A vintage defined by its crispness, vibrancy and freshness. Pretty aromas of honeysuckle, lemon blossom and Fuji apple spring from the glass. The palate boasts bright, lively layers of citrus with a hint of oak and creaminess from careful barrel aging and batonnage. Flavors of kumquat, lemon and Fuji apple linger in the juicy, mouthwatering finish. Enjoy now or cellar through 2023."
- Item #: i_233870Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "A minerally style, with crunchy acidity backing the concentrated pear and green apple flavors, featuring accents of dried tarragon. Lemon curd notes show on the fresh, focused finish. Drink now through 2025. 185 cases made."
- Item #: i_234291Bottle Size: 750MLKendall-Jackson Avant continues their nearly three decades of pioneering distinguished varietal wines from California's cool coastal appellations. This rendition is sourced from Monterey, Santa Barbara, and Mendocino Counties. Avant takes its name from the French word for before and reflects the vibrant expression of the fruit before oak has the chance to impart much flavor. This refreshing Chardonnay bursts with intriguing layers of fresh pineapple, bright green apple, crisp Meyer lemon, juicy pear and wildflowers. The wine's refreshing acidity and sleek mineral notes are balanced by a rounded mid-palate with a long, pure fruit finish.