- Item #: i_202690Bottle Size: 750mlBoen draws its profile from the varied winegrowing regions that are the most highly regarded cool-climate appellations along California's coast. This stretch of coastline is so geographically diverse that the various soil types, sub-climates, and elevations produce wines with an array of differences in character and style. To create the Boen Tri-Appellation Chardonnay, Joe Wagner blends together grapes from Sonoma County, Santa Barbara County, and Monterey County to showcase a wine that is rich in flavor, with bright aromatics and a vibrant minerality.
Crisp green apple and persimmon lead to peach skin and a stone-fruit opening. The mid-palate is lively and tropical with an undertone of delicate salinity. Boen Chardonnay ends with lovely hints of kumquat and fresh lemon custard pie. Rich and creamy, this wine resides with it's many elements. Pair this Chardonnay with welsh aged cheddar, baked tilapia, and kale salad with apples and blanched almonds.
- Item #: i_205542Bottle Size: 750mlWe feel that Bogle has one of the most solid wine portfolios in the business, and they prove that it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg! The Bogle family has been farming since the mid 1800’s and their reputation has continued to grow. The fact that they want to sell wines that people can actually afford doesn’t hurt, either. A little something for everyone: barrel fermentation, sur-lies aging, and partial malolactic fermentation. These hand-crafted processes create a rich and elegant wine with layers of complexity.
Fresh tropical fruits like pineapple, mango and green apple greet both the nose and palate upon first sip, followed up by a touch of lemon cream. Complimented by more creamy notes of butterscotch and caramel, the wine has a long, lingering finish hinting of toasty oak.
- Item #: i_220950Bottle Size: 750mlBonterra's organic fruit from Mendocino offers the characteristic flavors of green apples, pears, and citrus to our chardonnay. They ferment 70% of the juice in a combination of French and American oak, which is allowed to undergo malolactic fermentation to create a rich, creamy wine with just a touch of new oak spice. The remaining 30% is fermented in stainless steel to preserve the crisp fresh fruit favors. Bonterra ages most of the wine using previously-used or neutral oak in order for these fresh fruit characteristics to shine through. New oak was used for just 16% of the wine to give this Chardonnay a nice vanilla note. An initial impression of rich, buttery cream quickly turns to aromas of honey and lightly toasted almonds, followed by tropical aromas of pineapple, citrusy lemon and creme brulee. The wine is refreshing on the palate, with a minerality that is both bright and clean, drawing you into a vibrant tartness and lemon zest that is absolutely, positively Bonterra Chardonnay, vintage after vintage.
- Item #: i_205980Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine develops like a story in the glass as you let it breathe. It begins with a combination of bright butterscotch and soft citrus. Then the notes of cream and lemon meringue pie begin to rise to the surface and are joined with toast, smoke and vanilla flavors from the oak. Floral and canned peach aromas develop last. When it all comes together, it's magic. Let the wine open up to wonderful flavors of peach, lemon zest, papaya, banana, and honeysuckle. Then buttered popcorn and vanilla oak characters emerge from the background to soften the fruit. There is a great balance of acidity and richness that makes Bread & Butter both refreshing and decadent.
- Item #: i_206040Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92Vinous Media: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 95There is an alluring charm to the entire Central Coast wine producing region, but it was Santa Rita Hills that called to Greg Brewer and Steve Clifton. Besides the beauty of the land, the climate and the soil compositions there was a freshness in the air as the cool Pacific Ocean breeze filtered through the canyons and subsequent vineyards planted. For many years the two farmed the land and made outstanding wine, even earning praise from top critic Robert Parker Jr: "Two brilliant young winemakers, Greg Brewer and Steve Clifton, are symbolic of both the present and future of California high quality wine production." While the winery has been sold, Greg Brewer remains on board as head winemaker ensuring the vision both himself and Steve had along with the quality of the wine doesn't change for many years to come!
With the goal of expressing a comprehensive expression of the appellation, Brewer-Clifton selected four unique vineyard sites to create this Santa Rita Hills bottling. This blend is comprised of 3D, Machado, Acin, and Hapgood vineyards. As each vineyard has its own unique requirements, the winery manages each according to their inimitable needs rather than a macro approach to farming. Brewer-Clifton works to achieve a natrual balance between the site, the vines, the aspect and the microclimates in each vineyard, using sustainable and/or organic farming methods whenever possible.
JEB DUNNICK 95 POINTS - "One of the great values out there, the 2017 Chardonnay Sta. Rita Hills offers thrilling notes of white flowers, white peach, currants, and toasted bread. This ripe, sexy wine is unquestionably at the same level as the more expensive single vineyard releases, and it will evolve for just as long."
"This was another thrilling lineup from Greg Brewer, and I consistently rate these wines as some of the greatest in the Sta. Rita Hills, as well as all of Santa Barbara County. In addition to the latest releases, I was also able to taste retrospectives of his Chardonnay 3D and Pinot Noir Machado, which only reaffirmed my belief in the quality and age-worthiness of these wines. These are brilliant wines."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay (Sta. Rita Hills) is a gorgeous appellation-level wine from Brewer-Clifton. Creamy and ample, the 2017 is absolutely delicious. Tangerine, mint, lemon peel and sweet spice notes all meld together in a striking, nuanced Chardonnay that hits all the right notes. The 2017 is positively stellar. That's pretty much all there is to it."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Very spicy and well-structured, with firm acidity supporting the ripe pear, apple tart and lemon meringue flavors. Concentrated dried mango accents linger on the finish, along with pastry and nutmeg notes. Best from 2020 through 2025. 2,000 cases made"
- Item #: i_206210Bottle Size: 750mlOrganically and Biodynamically farmed, the 2017 Brick House Chardonnay was grown just yards from their crush pad and wine press, thus ensuring the freshness of the fruit as it began its journey to becoming wine. The wine was barrel fermented in largely neutral French oak cooperage. It completed a full malolactic fermentation, contributing to the rich, round texture of the finished wine. The 2017 remained in barrel for twelve months and then was moved to tank for a further eight months. Bottled in May of 2019, this is a savory Chardonnay unencumbered by oak and exhibiting a hint of salinity on the nose and bright citrus and stone fruits on the palate.
- Item #: i_210120Bottle Size: 750mlMore Chablis-like rather than a California chardonnay. Lots of lemon lime, citrus and minerality. Crisp and clean to the finish, and pairs nicely with shasimi, ceviches, agua chile and an assortment of other fresh cuisine.
- Item #: i_232390Bottle Size: 750mlOwners John and Michelle (JaM) Truchard have created quite a following in a relatively short amount of time. With the name of their wine label being called JaM, they employed the help of winemaker Rob Lloyd to produce a rich, jammy style of Cabernet. Well, that wine was a huge hit, and since Rob knew a thing or two about making Chardonnays, it only made sense that this white wine should be called "Butter". As the name implies, this is a rich, buttery style of Chardonnay laced with aromas of baked lemons and mandarin oranges mingle with a hint of spice and smoke. The palate begins with crisp pineapple, bright citrus and ripe melon while a soft creaminess rounds out the finish. This Chardonnay is ready for immediate enjoyment and is suited to a wide variety of foods including white fish, smoked salmon and creamy pasta dishes.
- Item #: i_207600Bottle Size: 750mlChardonnay grapes grown in the bottom half of the valley tend to produce rich, ripe, elegantly structured wines that are delicious on release, but also age well in the bottle; this gem is no exception! And while 75% is fermented in French oak, only 11% goes through malolactic fermentation in order to produce a full-bodied wine that's food friendly. The nose offers vivid, creamy aromas of green and golden apple, pear and citrus with supporting scents of beeswax and mineral. Full-bodied and vibrant on the palate, with bright, intense, apple, citrus and melon flavors, Cakebread's 2018 Napa Valley Chardonnay is remarkably persistent on the palate, culminating in a long finish showcasing pleasing spice, yeast and mineral tones. Released soon after bottling, it will hit its stride after 6-8 months and reward 5-7 years' aging.
- Item #: i_207720Bottle Size: 750mlGrown high on the limestone-rich soils of Mt. Harlan, this is a sleek and sophisticated expression of cool-climate Chardonnay, with alluring aromas of guava, Mandarin orange, fennel and hints of cedar. On the palate, the wine's lovely weight and lush texture is balanced by a bright natural acidity that adds purity and precision to the generous white peach and passionfruit flavors.
- Item #: i_207710Bottle Size: 750MLShowcasing the vibrant charm of Chardonnay grown on the cool, windswept Central Coast, this wine displays enticing aromas of lemon zest, green apple, cedar and passionfruit. On the palate, mouthcoating waves of tropical fruit are balanced by a beam of natural acidity, with French oak-inspired hints of toasted brioche emerging on the finish.
- Item #: i_208150Bottle Size: 750MLCambria's Chardonnay has been a constant favorite with consumers across the country. It is an enticing wine with good depth and range of flavors, remarkable balance, and savory finish. Cambria has carved out a reputation for producing lush, tropical Chardonnay for 20 years. This has also been a darling of wine critic Robert Parker for its excellent quality-to-price ratio.
- Item #: i_210105Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleSince its founding, Chalk Hill has been producing artisan wines from their estate vineyards in the hills of northeastern Sonoma County. For four decades they have studied, prodded and coaxed our complex terroir to ensure that their estate wines deliver vivid aromatics, commanding flavors, great character and regional accuracy. While their 300+ acres of vineyards surrounding the winery will always be the cornerstone of Chalk Hill's identity, starting with the 2011 vintage, in addition to their estate Chardonnay, Chalk Hill started producing their first Sonoma Coast Chardonnay.
This 2017 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay comes from extraordinary vineyards throughout Sonoma County consisting primarily of Foley Family estate vineyards. This Chardonnay features fruit from some of the best sites in Carneros, Chalk Hill, and ouf course, Sonoma Coast. Rich, graceful and balanced are just some of the ways to describe this 2016 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay. The wine is a light golden color and exudes aromas of apple and baking spice immediately upon entering the glass. The palate has a rich textural body composed by zest and acidity with flavors of toasted hazelnut, vanilla and creme brulee. With its cool-climate influences, this Chardonnay has remarkable varietal intensity, balanced acidity and minerality that complement the rich and full flavors on the palate.
- Item #: i_210160Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay Estate has lush scents of baked apples, honeysuckle, honeycomb and hay with notes of quince paste and almonds. The palate is medium-bodied, rounded and slightly buttery with a long, uplifted finish. 10,000 cases produced."
- Item #: i_210100Bottle Size: 750mlSince its founding, Chalk Hill has been producing artisan wines from their estate vineyards in the hills of northeastern Sonoma County. For four decades they have studied, prodded and coaxed our complex terroir to ensure that their estate wines deliver vivid aromatics, commanding flavors, great character and regional accuracy. While their 300+ acres of vineyards surrounding the winery will always be the cornerstone of Chalk Hill's identity, starting with the 2011 vintage, in addition to their estate Chardonnay, Chalk Hill started producing their first Sonoma Coast Chardonnay.
This 2018 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay comes from extraordinary vineyards throughout Sonoma County consisting primarily of Foley Family estate vineyards. This Chardonnay features fruit from some of the best sites in Carneros, Chalk Hill, and ouf course, Sonoma Coast. Rich, graceful and balanced are just some of the ways to describe this 2018 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay. The wine is a light golden color and exudes aromas of apple and baking spice immediately upon entering the glass. The palate has a rich textural body composed by zest and acidity with flavors of toasted hazelnut, vanilla and creme brulee. With its cool-climate influences, this Chardonnay has remarkable varietal intensity, balanced acidity and minerality that complement the rich and full flavors on the palate.
- Item #: i_225200Bottle Size: 750ml"Chalone isn't a label; it's a place on earth." The wines speak to the limestone and decomposed granite soils that are specific to this wild, isolated mountain plateau in Monterey County. The low-nutrient soils make the vines struggle and give the wines unique minerality; the diurnal temperature swings and cool winds retain acidity; the intense sunshine builds flavors and tannin structure; and the age of the vines enhances the wines' concentration, complexity and ageability.
Chalone's 2018 Estate Chardonnay is crisp and refreshing with a beautiful golden hue. It opens up with nuances of stone fruit, wet rock and a hint of oak. Their Burgundian style Chardonnay boasts a unique minerality and exceptional complexity derived from mature vineyards coupled with ancient limestone that runs through the Chalone AVA. Pair this Chardonnay with creamy lobster mac and cheese topped with crunchy, golden bread crumbs.
- Item #: i_216050Bottle Size: 750mlChamisal was the first vineyard planted in the Edna Valley in 1973 and now contains 80 acres planted to 5 varieties and 25 clonal selections. The nearby Pacific ocean creates a long temperate growing season for exceptional hang time, which combines with the calcareous, clay-rich soil to produce fruit with exceptional intensity and complex flavors.
This is a limited selection from Clone 352 from the Chamisal Estate Vineyard, and represents the top 10 barrels of Chardonnay off their Estate. Hand picked and hand sorted before being whole cluster pressed and racked to French oak barrels for fermentation. Frequent lees stirring builds the texture and mid-palate of this wine. Full secondary fermentation completes and the wine undergoes a 14 month elevage on the lees before racking to tank and integrating the blend and finally bottling.
This bright gold Chardonnay opens with aromas of fresh pineapple, pistachio, toffee, and toasted oak. The palate bursts with bright nuances of white peach, lemon meringue, Asian pear and cinnamon toast. This is a classically luxurious Chardonnay with bright, clean fruit and a beautiful custard finish framed by excellent weight and vibrant acidity.
- Item #: i_216010Bottle Size: 750mlChamisal's 2017 Monterey County Chardonnay is vinified using traditional Burgundian winemaking techniques. This includes whole cluster pressing, barrel fermentations, batonnage, native yeast, and malolactic fermentation. They utilize press cuts to fine-tune quality and vinify in many small lots, allowing to assemble their Monterey Chardonnay with a focus on quality and richness.
This full-bodied wine exhibits classic varietal characteristics with aromas of toasted oak and creme brrlee. The entry is fruit driven with hints of lemon cream, Fuji apple, ripe pineapple and baked pear, leading to a rich and creamy mid-palate. Finishing clean with lingering acidity and broad texture, the wine is a beautiful example of Monterey County Chardonnay.
- Item #: i_216040Bottle Size: 750MLThis just may be the best No Oak Chardonnay in the house! And it's no surprise that it comes from Chamisal Vineyards; it's the same winery that brought us the Goss Creek Chardonnay last year, and was one of our best Wine of the Month offerings in years! In fact, we STILL have people coming in looking for that sold out wine! The grapes for this bottling come from two sustainably farmed vineyards; one near the Santa Lucia Highlands appellation, and the other a few miles from the Chamisal vineyard. Both vineyards have a similarly fresh and bright characteristics. No oak is used in the winemaking process so the wine may showcase the essence of Chardonnay. 25% of the wine was put through maolactic fermentation to soften the acids, without adding buttery flavors.
Intended as a pure expression of what the Chardonnay varietal represents, Chamisal's Stainless Chardonnay has loads of fresh pineapple, lemon zest, golden apple and white peach fruit on the nose and palate. This wine has mouthwatering acidity, is bright and succulent profile, and a long finish of ripe, fresh flavors.
- Item #: i_210670Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 92ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay Grower Collection Calesa Vineyard has a very pretty, delicate nose with touches of floral perfume and quince that float over a core of spiced peaches, hazelnuts, cut hay and lemon cream. The medium-bodied palate takes its time to unfurl to spicy, perfumed fruits, rounded but fresh and lively, with a long, layered finish. Lovely. 2,020 cases produced."
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay Grower Collection Calesa Vineyard shows the more reserved side of Chardonnay. The 2018 is bright and lifted and is all about savory and mineral infused energy, while the citrus-driven fruit is very much in the background. Saline notes give the 2018 much of its persistence and overall feel."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "Brought up in just under 40% new French oak, the 2018 Chardonnay Calesa Vineyard shows a pure, elegant style as well as caramelized grapefruit, white flowers, and salty mineral-like aromas and flavors. Bright, juicy, and medium-bodied, drink this balanced, lively Chardonnay over the coming 3-5 years."