- Item #: i_200170Bottle Size: 750mlGrapes were sourced from vineyards throughout Washington state, including the Horse Heaven Hills, Columbia Valley and the Wahluke Slope. Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah & Petit Verdot were added to create a fruit-forward profile and enhanced mouth feel. The wine was aged for 12 months in a combination of American and French oak barrels to build structure and complexity in the blend. This Cabernet Sauvignon is a rich, juicy red that features aromas of dark cherry, black currants, coffee, and subtle hints of spice. These flavors are complemented by a touch of spicy oak and emphasized by refined tannins.
- Item #: i_251070Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of vineyards from Lake and Napa Counties. We find these diverse, high quality vineyards to compliment one another perfectly. Our high altitude rocky vineyard sites in Lake County deliver angularity, complexity and austerity while our Napa Valley fruit provides deep concentration and focus. This wine is dense and tremendously focused, with a wonderful nose and palate of cedar, blueberry, saddle leather and white pepper. The finish showcases a perfect balance of acid, tannin and sweet toasted oak. Meticulous, detail oriented winemaking and complete attention to detail has produced a wine of tremendous presence and complexity that must be tasted to be believed.
- Item #: i_200910Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine combines the best attributes of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, and Malbec from the Oakville and Yountville areas of Napa Valley. It possesses a vibrant, pomegranate hued, deep garnet color with a nose that reveals a panoply of aromas: blueberry liquor, dark red fruits, black cherry, with subtle notes of baking spices and cedar. A small percentage of beautifully ripe Malbec and Petite Verdot contribute hints of plum and leather respectively. These abundant fruit characteristics, along with a touch of vanilla, reveal themselves in the mouth with multiple layers of flavor that coat the mouth and continue to a long finish. The tannins are superfine and silky, carrying the fruit along the palate from entry to finish without ever being obtrusive. Both the Malbec and Petite Verdot further enhance the classical texture.
- Item #: i_200180Bottle Size: 750mlIn 2016, Adaptation continued to work with their favorite local growers to craft this wine. The majority of the Cabernet Sauvignon comes from Ink Grade (on the back side of Howell Mountain), which provides the framework and structure to carry this wine. They headed south incorporating vineyards in Pope Valley, Stags Leap District and Oak Knoll that complimented the abundance of tannin, color and structure already in place. This diversity and range within Napa Valley has allowed Adaptation to craft a wine which showcases the unique Napa Valley terroir in an approachable, elegant style.
A blend of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon and 15% Merlot, This approachable 2016 delivers notes of rainier cherries, currants, elderberries, incense, forest floor, and dried herbs with bright acidity, adding freshness and verve to the long persistent finish.
- Item #: i_200450Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "A blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23% Syrah, 22% Merlot and 5% Petite Sirah, the 2016 Apex Sonoma County Red Wine sports a deep garnet-purple color and a provocative nose of baked blackcurrants, Black Forest cake, tar and chargrill with hints of bay leaves, truffles and tapenade. Full-bodied, rich and decadently fruited in the mouth, it packs in the black fruit and savory layers with a firm yet plush texture and great length."
- Item #: i_204920Bottle Size: 750mlThis is perhaps the one wine that rivals our 'Wine of the Month' in terms of velocity. Our customers have come to expect our Top Cab Under $20 to over deliver for the money, so we take extra time in securing this spot.
In addition to working at chateaux Troplong-Mondot and La Tour Figeac in Bordeaux, winemaker Aaron Pott has also worked on the winemaking teams at Newton, Beringer, Quintessa, Krupp Brother, Blackbird, and Seven Stones. As you can tell, he definitely has a capable hand with Cabernet Sauvignon! Farmed from vines at an elevation of 2,400ft in the Red Hills of Lake County, just over the hills from the Napa Valley, Aaron crafted this mountain-inspired Cabernet Sauvignon using the same dedication to quality that he uses with Napa Valley fruit, as Red Hills often has similar soils and warm daytime temperature as its more prestigious neighbor.
This Cabernet is dark ruby in color with hints of purple, and the nose shows violets, cured meats, blackcurrants, black cherry, a hint of olive, graphite, and raspberry liqueur. Briary, with silky tannins and a combination of bright red and rich dark fruits on the palate, this medium- to full-bodied Cabernet has a finish that lasts much longer that most at this price point!
- Item #: i_200560Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is a classic Alexander Valley wine with medium body, great fruit flavors and smooth, structured tannins. Winemaker Kevin Hall added 11% Merlot for structure, a touch of Cabernet Franc for floral notes and Malbec and Petit Verdot for color.
- Item #: i_200210Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 92
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is youthfully mute at this stage, offering peeks at red and black plum notes plus a spice box and pencil shavings undercurrent. Medium-bodied with straight-up lovely freshly crushed black fruit flavors, it has a soft, approachable backbone and pleasant lift on the finish."
- Item #: i_200580Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "Only the second time this cuvee has been 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, the 2016 ERA is a blend of all the single vineyards and what Jean considered the best wine. I can't argue with him. This wine offers awesome notes of crème de cassis, crushed violets, crushed rocks, hints of mountain scrub brush, and lead pencil shavings. Deep and full-bodied, it has sweet tannins, no hard edges, and a great, great finish. There are 900 cases of this brilliant wine which will benefit from 2-3 years of bottle age and cruise for two decades."
- Item #: i_200600Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Made with the idea of a slightly more feminine style, the 2016 Proprietary Blend checks in as 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Merlot, and the rest Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. Also barrel fermented and aged (22 months in 80% new oak), it's another incredibly silky, polished, pure, balanced wine released from this estate. Bordeaux-like notes of blackcurrants, leafy herbs, forest floor, and tobacco all flow to a seamless, beautifully balanced, elegant red that has loads of upfront appeal. It too will keep for 10-15 years, probably longer."
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Alpha Omega's 2016 Proprietary Red Wine is another very pretty and inviting wine in the range. Dark cherry and plum fruit is nicely pushed forward. Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot add depth and textural resonance. Best of all, the Proprietary Red will drink well upon release. In this tasting it is particularly expressive."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Composed of 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Merlot, 9% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot, the deep garnet-purple colored 2016 Proprietary Red Wine features decadent warm plums, black cherries and blackcurrants notes with nuances of sautéed herbs, tilled soil and unsmoked cigars. Medium to full-bodied with a nice firm, grainy texture and just enough freshness, it has an appealing earthy restraint in the mouth with herbal sparks on the long savory finish. 1,750 cases produced."
- Item #: i_201190Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 92ROBERT PARKER 96 POINTS - "Very deep purple-black in color, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Helena Montana Vineyard gives up notes of coffee grounds, chocolate box and warm blueberries with hints of black currant cordial and blackberry pie, plus touches of tar and black soil. Medium-bodied and totally laden with tightly packed fruit layers and great tension, it has a very firm frame of grainy tannins and epic length. 847 cases produced."
- Item #: i_211280Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91Each year, Ancient Peaks crafts the limited-edition Oyster Ridge cuvee to exemplify their finest winemaking efforts. The name Oyster Ridge honors an outcropping that always astonishes visitors to their estate Margarita Vineyard. Here, large white oyster fossils are literally spilling out of the ground, fostering the type of calcium-rich soil that is coveted by winemakers worldwide. The 2016 vintage is a blend of 51% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Merlot, 9% Petit Verdot, 4% Cabernet Franc, and 4% Malbec, all from meticulously farmed vineyard blocks cultivated for the Oyster Ridge program.
The 2016 Oyster Ridge offers a sumptuous bouquet of black berry and black currant with notes of creme de cassis, violets, vanilla bean, cedar and graphite. On the palate, the wine is exquisitely dense and integrated, showing chewy layers of black fruits interwoven with accents of caramel, mint, cinnamon spice and new oak. Fine-grained tannins and sleek acidity bring a resounding conclusion to what is nothing less than a blockbuster vintage for Oyster Ridge. This is a wine that will generously evolve in the bottle for years to come.
- Item #: i_211220Bottle Size: 750mlThe Ancient Peaks Cabernet Sauvignon comes blocks planted where the sloping terrain straddles rocky sedimentary and shale soils. These soils promote naturally low vigor for the development of intensely flavored fruit. Cold soaked for 48 hours prior to fermentation for a gentle extraction of color and flavor, the wine was racked to a combination of French and American oak barrels, where it aged for 18 months prior to blending and bottling. Small lots of Malbec and Syrah were incorporated into the final blend for added dimension.
The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon offers warm aromas of blueberry, plum and toasted oak along with classic varietal notes of graphite and black olive. The texture is plump and juicy, cascading across the palate with flavors of black currant and fresh red berries accentuated by hints of roast coffee, anise, tobacco and mineral. Sleek acidity paves the way for an elegant finish framed by smooth tannins.
- Item #: i_200760Bottle Size: 750mlAs the popularity and appreciation of California wines has grown, as has Angeline's awareness of the vast opportunities in excellent, and unique growing regions available to them. Although the North Coast has traditionally set the standard for Cabernet Sauvignon, pockets of distinction have risen throughout the coastal regions of the state from areas such as Sonoma Valley, to as far south as Monterey and Paso Robles. By integrating the diverse characteristics from each of these regions and their vineyards, Angeline is proud to present an effortlessly approachable Cabernet that they feel represents the full potential of our state to produce world-class wines.
This Cabernet is eager to please both Cabernet drinkers and red wine fans alike. The bouquet and front palate is intense with notes of maraschino cherries, elderberry, subtle cassis and a touch of cacao nib. Medium bodied with soft tannins infused with vanilla and light mocha, finishing with bright fresh fruit and a touch of earthiness.
- Item #: i_200220Bottle Size: 750mlNestled high upon Atlas Peak, in the eastern mountains of the Napa Valley lies a majestic property, owned by one of the "royal families" of winemaking; this property is Antica. The name Antica is a combination of the last name Antinori and California, and represents the Antinori family's longstanding desire to craft exceptional estate wines that are a true expression of Napa Valley terroir.
The Antinori family's winemaking history has been synonymous with the famed wine growing regions of Tuscany and Umbria since its inception more than 600 years ago. The Antinori think beyond a single vintage, and instead, think long term when making decisions that will impact the finished wines. Marchese Piero Antinori first visited and fell in love with Napa Valley in 1966, after which he dreamt of producing an Antinori Napa Valley wine. In the mid-1980s, the opportunity presented itself; a 1,200-acre estate on a high plain, in the eastern mountains of Napa Valley. Antinori knew that the property's Atlas Peak location had great potential for growing quality wine grapes, so the family took part in developing the property.
Situated above the fog line, the Antica estate offers a mix of steep, rocky soils in its higher elevations and loamy, well-drained soils in the lower ones. There are more than 50 blocks within the estate, a true patchwork quilt that takes advantage of the variations in soil, elevation, and exposure to best match varietal, rootstock, and clone to attain the ideal expression of Cabernet Sauvignon. The high altitude (1,800 feet) means cooler daytime temperatures, which provides a long growing season, and gives the grapes complexity, enhanced textures, and dark colors. The steep, rocky and well-drained soils result into low yields (three pounds) per vine, but the fully ripened grapes show great structure with concentrated fruit, and focused and persistent flavors. Tannins are ripe, balanced, and integrated.
- Item #: i_201290Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2016 Quartet is a blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot, 12% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot. Deep purple-black in color, it features youthful, vivacious black and red currants notions with an undercurrent of black plums, mulberries, Indian spices and fragrant earth plus wafts of tobacco and new leather. Full-bodied and laden with decadent black fruit and spicy layers, it has a velvety backbone and long spicy finish."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "A blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot, and the balance Petit Verdot, aged 22 months in French oak, the 2016 Red Blend Quartet reveals a deep purple color, beautiful notes of cassis, tobacco, iron, and sweet spice, a full-bodied, voluptuous, layered, sexy texture, and a big finish. As Napa Cabernet goes, this beauty is a value. Drink this hedonistic, pleasure-bent beauty any time over the coming 7-8 years."
- Item #: i_201540Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Arrow and Branch proprietors (and Laguna Beach locals) Steve and Seanne Contursi share a great love for the wines of Bordeaux, particularly those produced with a large quantity of Cabernet Franc, such as Chateau Cheval Blanc. The couple sought out their Coombsville vineyard property with an eye to producing top-quality Cabernet Franc-based wines from Napa Valley. They bought the Arrow a Branch Vineyard in November 2007, as this vineyard was the source of Tony Soter's renowned and highly rated Little Creek Cabernet Franc. The Contursi's have maintained the organic farming and, through their work with the detail-oriented Viticulturalist Mike Wolf, are continually improving this wonderful vineyard site.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Black Label is a blend from the Stagecoach, St. Helena and Lewelling vineyards in Napa, composed of nearly 95% Cabernet Sauvignon and tiny amounts of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. Dense purple, with superb fragrance of white flowers, blue and black fruits, crushed rock and background spicy oak, it is rich, full-bodied and layered with blue and black fruits and intriguing wet-pebble minerality thrown in. This wine should drink beautifully for another 20-25 years."
- Item #: i_201500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 91ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Dark cherry, plum, grilled herbs, game, smoke, licorice and lavender infuse the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (Knights Valley) with tons of character. Beams of tannin and persistent saline notes – both typical of Knights Valley – give the 2015 much of its character. There is so much to like."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is deep garnet-purple and gives very pretty notes of crushed red currants, black cherries and black currants with touches of camphor, pencil shavings, lilacs and cigar box. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has a taut structure of grainy tannins and great freshness supporting the muscular red and black fruits, finishing with a lingering minty lift. 2,500 cases produced."
- Item #: i_201075Bottle Size: 750mlAuspicion is a proprietary label crafted by Opici Wines honoring the history of California winemaking. Fresh and fruit-forward selections are produced using grapes sourced from the finest varietals across northern California (this Cab is sourced from Napa, Lodi and Paso Robles). Brought to you by the Opici family, this collection embodies their tradition of delivering top quality wines at an excellent value.
Opici Wines (founded in 2013) is an importer and producer of fine wines, artisanal spirits and craft beers from around the globe. They were named "Importer of the Year" in 2014 by Wine Enthusiast Magazine in their annual Wine Star Awards-- so they know a thing or two about great wines. That they were able to make a California Cab that's as good as this wine is, for the price we are able to sell it for, is simply amazing! We sampled a few different bottles to make sure it's the real deal and are happy to report that in no uncertain terms, it is!
Tasting Notes - In the nose, sweet notes of strawberry, cherry and red plum are tempered with light wood spice and fruit leather. The palate has a soft entry filled with sweet fruits echoing the nose, balanced with silky tannins and light acidity. Red berries and cherry kirsch are topped with a touch of cocoa nibs and vanilla; the fruit flavors are the star of the show as the finish lingers nicely. This is a balanced, beautiful Cab that pairs with not only summer foods (barbecued meats, charcuterie, picnic foods), but also warm weather.
- Item #: i_230790Bottle Size: 750mlDeep ruby in color, the Austin Hope Cabernet Sauvignon expresses aromas of freshly picked black currants, ripe black cherries, and blackberries, with subtle notes of violets, mocha, and dried spices. On the palate, it's a big, powerful, modern-styled wine layered with heaps of juicy blackberry and cherry fruit, while nuances of cedar, clove, nutmeg and vanilla bean round out the long smooth finish. It's full-bodied and rich, balanced by fresh acidity and firm, polished tannins.
- Item #: i_201220Bottle Size: 750MLWith everyone feeling the pinch of the economy, value once again moves to the forefront with this wine! Sourced from sundry vineyards throughout Lodi, this little gem will make friends and influence people at a price that's sure to make your pocketbook smile! This lighter-styled Cabernet proffers a juicy, versatile palate. The wine leads off with a warm nose of cherry/berry, red currant fruit reiterated to the palate in conjunction with slight hints of cedar, boysenberry, sweet smoke and spice.