- Item #: i_218980Bottle Size: 750mlRoosevelt Vineyard was planted in 1993 and has quickly become Elk Cove's most prized vineyard site. A four-acre high-density (2100 vines per acre) planting situated just south of the winery on Willakenzie soils, Roosevelt's south-facing hillside slopes to a steep precipice overlooking the magnificent Williams Canyon. Roosevelt undergoes extensive pruning and cluster thinning to limit yields and maximize ripening to concentrate the fruit and is managed using completely organic practices. All of these elements combine to consistently produce one of Oregon's finest Pinot Noirs.
This expansive wine begins with a walk through the forest: cedar and huckleberry are followed by candied orange, coffee and fennel. After a succulent entry, seamless layers demand attention with big cherry, raspberry and currant complemented by a savory seam of dark chocolate and tea.
- Item #: i_218600Bottle Size: 750mlStraight out of the gate, this wine screams "Sonoma Coast" more than ever. Always the denser, more dramatic sister of our Small Town blend, Sascha's displays amazing purity this year. Conditions at harvest gave Eric Kent the classic ripe black fruit flavors and aromas Roberts Road Vineyard is known for, but with much more lively acidity than usual. In fact, the winery things this is some of the they've seen from this vineyard, and we're thrilled to share it!
A classic Sonoma Coast pinot nose of black raspberry and cherry and savory spice lead to a vibrant, shimmering core of the same on the palate.
- Item #: i_228560Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "The complex aromas of dried cherry, blackberry bramble, orange peel, cherry tobacco, cedar, sandalwood, cardamom, pink peppercorn and forest floor give a decidedly autumn impression. Amazingly silky across the palate with sweet red fruits on the mid-palate, plenty of fine textured tannins and a long toasty finish. This is one of the most elegant and approachable Hanzell Vineyards Pinot Noirs in recent memory."
- Item #: i_228430Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "Lovely aromas of rose petal, sage and blood orange zest elevate the core juicy fruit of pomegranate, Bing cherry and guava. The flavors echo the aromas with the addition of cranberry, pink grapefruit and an elegant minerality. Balanced acidity and fine tannins along with red fruit and earth flavors unfold across the palate, ending with a long, mineral-driven finish."
- Item #: i_235930Bottle Size: 750mlJosh Phelps isn't just making a name for himself in the wine industry, he's making the industry roar with enthusiasm! Having learned time-honored techniques from his father, Chris Phelps (whose deft hand has helped to create wines at Dominus, Chateau Petrus, and Ad Vivum), Josh is focusing on using that knowledge to produce wines that are easier on the credit card. Last year's releases became some of our biggest sellers, and now he's cracking into the world of Oregon Pinot Noir!
A Landform is a natural and exceptional feature of the solid surface of the Earth. In our world, Landform is a reaffirmation of our commitment to creating wines that evoke a sense of place. With an emphasis on quality and experience, this grassroots project extends the Grounded Wine Co. landscape to bring you Josh's latest terroir-driven wine, a unique Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley, Oregon.
Brilliant medium ruby color, the 2018 Landform Pinot Noir is a wine with a very expressive personality. Leading with compelling aromas of freshly-crushed cherry, strawberry, and raspberry. On the palate, the wine is refreshing, with a structure that is surprisingly full-bodied and seamless from start to finish. There is just enough texture to provide a sense of vibrant energy, which culminates in a lively crescendo highlighted by fresh cherry and strawberry flavors. 13.5% ABV. 2,300 cases.