- Item #: i_220010Bottle Size: 750mlCrafted by perhaps the #1 undiscovered talent in Napa today, winemaker Benoit Touguette, was Andy Erickson's right hand man, managing day-to-day wine production at Screaming Eagle during the 2005/2006 vintages (both 98 points) and the legendary 2007 vintage (100 points). Benoit also happens to be the French protege of world-famous winemaker Michel Rolland and assisted him along with Andy Erickson in launching Ovid. Today, Benoit is leveraging his substantial talent and connections in Napa to craft just five barrels of a glorious micro-production Cabernet under his new personal label he calls Fait Main which means "hand-crafted" in French. The fruit for this Cabernet Sauvignon comes from prime vineyards in Pritchard Hill, Saint Helena, Calistoga, Oakville, and Yountville.
- Item #: i_219740Bottle Size: 750mlPlease Note: This is the Napa Valley bottling; NOT the Oakville!!
This wine combines select vineyards in Rutherford, Calistoga, and St. Helena that complement Far Niente's home in Oakville, and embody their long-established house style. Cabernet has been a hallmark of Far Niente's winemaking program beginning with its very first vintage in 1982. The marriage of these diverse vineyard sites has allowed them to craft their finest expression of Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine exemplifies their nearly four decades of mastery in growing and making Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
An elegant perfume of mixed berries, baking spice, dried lavender, and thyme open onto a full palate layered with expansive mixed berry, black tea, toasted oak and spice flavors. Focused and fresh, fine grained tannins support the wine throughout, while the finish is silky, long, and lifted.
- Item #: i_250780Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93Jeb Dunnuck: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91-93 POINTS - "Composed of 97% Cabernet Sauvignon, 1% Malbec and 2% Cabernet Franc, the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon reveals vivacious notions of crushed black currants, red currant jelly, fresh blackberries and Morello cherries with touches of garrigue, bay leaves, damp soil and cedar chest. Medium-bodied, the palate is wonderfully elegant and charged with energy, featured loads of crunchy black and red fruit plus a refreshing backbone, finishing on an appealing chewy note."
JEB DUNNUCK 90-92 POINTS - "The 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley is similarly colored and has terrific notes of creme de cassis, ground herbs, earth, and tobacco. It's fresh, medium-bodied, has good concentration, beautiful balance, and fine tannins."
- Item #: i_236710Bottle Size: 750mlIn the wine world, there are a small number of winemakers that garner just a little extra attention from us buyers. That's because these select few winemakers are known for perennially producing some of the best wines from a given region…Andy Ericson is one of those winemakers! Andy started his winemaking career at Harlan, then Staglin, and has been the winemaker at Screaming Eagle, Staglin, Ovid, Dancing Hares, and others!
With years of winemaking and vineyard-walking under his belt, Andy was often given the "inside scoop" on vineyards that make extraordinary wine, but were "under the radar" by most winemakers. Taking this information, Andy created Leviathan in 2004. The goal was simple: to create one, unique red wine, drawn from some of the best vineyards in Northern California. The resulting bottling, was born of a passion for blending Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Merlot and Cabernet Franc, to create a full-bodied wine with a character all of its own. Since then, he has remained true to the goal of producing a rich, distinctly Californian red blend, year after year.
Receiving high praise and scores isn't new to this wine, as this wine has received 94 points the past three years in a row! The consistency is there, and the wine is here at Hi-Time for you!
- Item #: i_237930Bottle Size: 750mlWinery's Tasting Notes: "Our 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet is deliciously well-dressed with black currants, Godiva chocolate, kidskin gloves, and plenty of gravitas. Plush fruits and fresh character are deftly woven with mocha, cedar and tobacco spices all stitched with a supple hand and topped with tidy coat-tails."
- Item #: i_247260Bottle Size: 750MLRob Mondavi, Jr. literally learned winemaking at the knees of his father Michael, grandfather Robert and uncle Tim. As a child, he also chased winemaker Tony Coltrin around Robert Mondavi Winery, where Tony began working in 1973. Since then, Rob and Tony have pursued parallel paths in Napa Valley, immersing themselves in the culture of wine and developing a love for grape-growing and winemaking.
It is that shared passion that fuels their present-day partnership: creating the fine wines of Oberon, which honor Napa Valley and the Mondavi family's rich winemaking heritage. As a third-generation winemaker and Napa Valley native, Rob Mondavi, Jr. has always understood that the region is uniquely suited for growing classic Bordeaux varieties. With the Oberon label - originally named for the eponymous king in Shakespeare's winsome comedy A Midsummer Night's Dream - he has created high-quality Napa Valley wines to be enjoyed every day. Rob and fellow winemaker, Tony Coltrin, sourced grapes from throughout Napa Valley's finest appellations, including Rutherford, Oakville, Yountville, Chiles Valley, and Capel Valley. The climate of these regions yields grapes with the perfect balance of ripe fruit flavors and natural acidity.
By blending fruit from Napa's hillsides and valley floor, they crafted an outstanding Cab that boasts a deep, rich color, with concentrated black fruit character, rounded mouthfeel and layers of rich, complex flavors.
- Item #: i_248450Bottle Size: 750mlAged for 12 months in 39% new French oak, the 2018 Palermo shows a dark crimson with a blue band, the nose presents immediate aromas of boysenberry, currants, graphite, cedar, fir ash and vanilla. Seamless on the entry with resounding energy, the mid - palate features lush blackberry and bing cherry as well as a hint of sweet red licorice. Long, complex tannins punctu ate the finish with an elegant and tapering note of black tea.
- Item #: i_275822Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleRombauer Vineyards truly is one of the greatest family-owned and -operated wineries in the Napa Valley. Simplyput, they give great care to their vineyards, their wines and love every single person who enjoys their wines! Theyhave a steadfast commitment to producing quality wines at reasonable prices and consumers seem to agree, as we get calls for Rombauer wines virtually every hour! The fruit for this Cabernet Sauvignon comes from vineyards in Stags Leap, Atlas Peak, Saint Helena and Calistoga; and Rombauer controls every aspect from the vineyard tothe bottle, ensuring optimum quality and fruit expression.
Dark plum color with a hue of crimson red, this has an opulent bouquet of blackberry, red currant, plum and dark cherry fruit. Black currant, cherry and spice intertwine for an exceptionally balanced palate. Smooth tannins help build depth on the back palate for a lengthy finish, rich with creamy vanilla and blackberry.
- Item #: i_256355Bottle Size: 750mlKith and Kin, Old English for "Friends and Family", is a Cabernet Sauvignon sourced from all corners of the Napa Valley but with its heart rooted in Rutherford. This wine is approachable in its youth, with balanced tannins and a fruit-forward character. The vast majority of fruit comes from our estate, supplemented by a limited amount from Napa Valley growers.
Beautifully complex and soft aromatics of violets, cola, ripe fig and plum linger on the nose. The generous entry opens with bright, ripe blackberry and boysenberry, softening through the mid-palate with black cherry, cocoa, and allspice. Notes of licorice and tarragon on the finish lead to fine-grained tannins that effortlessly round this young, yet so approachable Cabernet.
- Item #: i_270440Bottle Size: 750mlGenoa native Dino Dina christened his Howell Mountain vineyard Cimarossa (pronounced Chim-a-rossa), Italian for "red hilltop." A very special site indeed, where grapes and olive trees grow side by side in soil composed primarily of red volcanic rock and dust. Not much can be cultivated on these steep slopes, rising from 1,800 to 2,300 feet in elevation. The grape clusters are small, the berries are tiny, and the flavors are deep. The wines from this site are true Howell Mountain Cabernet. They are not to drink immediately; rather demand and deserve full attention. These wines of structure, immense depth, and richness will come into their own with age.
Aged for twenty months in 100% Darnajou French oak barrels, The 2018 Cimarossa Cabernet shows the tremendous dark fruit of the vintage. As always this is the most "reserved" Cabernet of the line up and just screams for time in the cellar or decanter to allow it to show its best. The tannins in the 2018 Cimarossa are more sweet than in previous vintages (think more like 2016). Black fruit, creosote and lots of deep, dark structure mark this gorgeous 2018 Howell Mountain Cabernet.
- Item #: i_270220Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96Vinous Media: 95-97Jeb Dunnuck: 96JEB DUNNUCK 96-99 POINTS - "Deep inky colored, the 100% Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Vine Hill Ranch Vineyard comes from incredibly gravelly soils and is still aging in new French oak. It offers powerful notes of creme de cassis and blackcurrant fruits intermixed with lots of gravelly minerality, graphite, chocolate, and lead pencil shavings. It's a powerhouse on the palate and packs beautiful tannins, full-bodied richness, and no hard edges."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95-97 POINTS - "The 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Vine Hill Ranch Vineyard shows all of the power and earthiness that are such signatures of this highly regarded Oakville site. Black cherry, gravel, smoke, tobacco, licorice and dried herbs infuse the 2018 with tons of detail as well as character. Medium in body, yet incredibly deep, the 2018 is stunning in its beauty. What a wine!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS - "A barrel sample, the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Vine Hill Ranch comes from Block 7, which has 20-year-old vines and a gravelly soil type. It spent about three weeks on the skins during and after fermentation and will be matured in small French oak barrels for 20 months. It displays a very deep purple-black color, giving up profound notes of warm cassis, blueberry compote and ripe black plums with touches of tilled loam, truffles, charcoal and bouquet garni. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is built like a brick house, with a firm foundation of grainy tannins and oodles of freshness, finishing very long and earthy."
- Item #: i_270210Bottle Size: 750mlTOR's Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon is made up of fruit hailing from the four acre Terra Roja Vineyard. It is known for its red soils and large rocks throughout, and the vines grow upon gentle slopes and steep hillside alike. The wines were fermented on their skins between 2 and 3 weeks in small tanks, before then maturing for 20 months in new oak and is bottled without fining or filtration.
Aromatically the wine leaps from the glass with succulent, jammy dark fruits as well as exotic spices. On the palate the wine is chewy, with perfectly ripe tannins, notes of sweet cedar, rhubarb pie, and black tea.
- Item #: i_270410Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 90% CAbernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot, and 3% Malbec from Napa and Sonoma vallies, the 2018 Twenty Bench Cabernet Sauvignon has a ripe black cherry core, twining with blackberry syrup, a subtle minerality, with the smokiness of charred French oak on the nose. The mouth is creamy and dense, with layered of juicy berries, the darkest of dark chocolates, rich espresso and black pepper. The wine is well-balanced and drinking well in its youth.
- Item #: i_270420Bottle Size: 750mlThe nose displays aromas of bright black cherries, followed by dusty cocoa and roasting coffee beans. Dense texture and a fine sense of balance enhance the flavors of blackberry, currants, vanilla bean and dark chocolate.