- Item #: i_201560Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96Arrow and Branch proprietors (and Laguna Beach locals) Steve and Seanne Contursi share a great love for the wines of Bordeaux, particularly those produced with a large quantity of Cabernet Franc, such as Chateau Cheval Blanc. The couple sought out their Coombsville vineyard property with an eye to producing top-quality Cabernet Franc-based wines from Napa Valley. They bought the Arrow and Branch Vineyard in November 2007, as this vineyard was the source of Tony Soter's renowned and highly rated Little Creek Cabernet Franc. The Contursi's have maintained the organic farming and, through their work with the detail-oriented Viticulturalist Mike Wolf, are continually improving this wonderful vineyard site.
The Contursi's also work with a select few vineyards, whose owners share the same dedication to meticulous farming. Located in Oakville, Vine Hill Ranch vineyard is tucked along the wooded hills of the Mayacama Mountain Range. This premier site has been in a family for several generations and is farmed with precision by Vineyard Manager Mike Wolf. Napa Valley growers—Hopper, Whitton, Hahn, Taddei—have farmed Vine Hill Ranch since 1884, documenting their annual plantings of grapevines, plums, pears and other crops. Following the footsteps of those pioneering families, Bruce Kelham purchased the land in 1959. He was a dedicated preservationist who moved to Napa to cultivate wine grapes after playing a role in establishing the Point Reyes National Seashore. Kelham's descendants, the Phillips family, began cultivating fine wine grapes here in 1959 and, with the founding of Phillips Family Farming. The vineyard is on a sloping grade, and with its deep, loamy soils and mature vines, yield expressive dark and rich fruit flavors with beautiful energy for this single vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, with the first vintage from 2017.
JEB DUNNUCK 96+ POINTS - "Coming all from the Clone 4 of Cabernet Sauvignon and a great site in Oakville, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Vine Hill Ranch Vineyard sports an inky purple color as well as a deep, powerful, mineral-laced bouquet that include lots of currants, leafy herbs, crushed rocks, and lead pencil shaving. It needs 4-5 years of bottle age, but it's a magical 2017 that's well worth seeking out."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Vine Hill Ranch is made of 100% Clone 4 Cabernet Sauvignon aged 20 months in 100% new French oak. Deep garnet-purple colored, it is a little closed to begin, opening out to notions of baked cherries, cassis and mulberries with touches of unsmoked cigars, tar, chargrill and sauteed herbs plus a waft of tapenade. Full-bodied and laden with loads of preserved cherries and savory layers, it has a sturdy frame of chunky tannins and a lively lift to the finish."
- Item #: i_201105Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon gives up exuberant crushed blackcurrants, warm plums, wild blueberries and cloves with suggestions of violets, tilled black soil, tar, chargrill and cedar chest with a waft of unsmoked cigars. The palate is medium to full-bodied, firm, grainy and refreshing with incredible intensity, finishing very long and earthy."
- Item #: i_206980Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+Vinous Media: 96ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Cardinale Cabernet Sauvignon (containing 10% Merlot) gives beautiful red, black and blue fruit notes with touches of dried herbs, spice cake and unsmoked cigars, plus a waft of cedar. Medium to full-bodied, it has a firm structure with plenty of gregarious mid-palate fruit, finishing with a lingering herbal lift. This seductive blockbuster is temptingly drinkable now and it should age gracefully over 15-20 years. 2,579 cases produced."
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "The 2015 Cardinale is dark, sensual and totally beguiling. Voluptuous fruit and soft, racy contours make a strong opening statement. The dark cherry, mocha, smoke, plum, spice and new leather flavors are all amped up in a seamless, alluring Cardinale that is going to be nearly impossible to resist in its youth. There is so much to like here."
- Item #: i_210400Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsThis limited-production and highly sought-after Cabernet Sauvignon represents the pinnacle of Chappellet winemaking, and embodies the elegant power and complexity of Pritchard Hill winegrowing. Like the great Bordeaux wines that first inspired Donn Chappellet, this wine is crafted by blending Cabernet Sauvignon with other classic Bordeaux varieties. The wine was aged for 20 months in 100 percent new French oak. Grown on the estate's rocky, mountainside vineyards, Chappellet's Cabernets have consistently displayed an ability to age for several decades.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill comes bounding out of the glass with exuberant black cherries, warm cassis, chocolate pie and blackberry preserves notes plus nuances of wild sage, forest floor and tobacco. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is elegantly played and refreshing with velvety tannins and a long mineral-tinged finish."
JEB DUNNUCK 95+ POINTS - "The flagship is the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill, and this cuvee just about always represents the pinnacle of mountain Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley. The 2017 is 100% estate Cabernet Sauvignon and reveals a deep purple color as well a stunning bouquet of blue fruits, burning embers, dark chocolate, sage brush, and crushed rocks. It's powerful, full-bodied, and concentrated, and the tannins clamp down on the finish enough to warrant hiding this beauty in the cellar for a solid 5-7 years. If drinking today, give it an hour or two in a decanter. It's another stunning wine from this estate."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill is a positively stellar wine in this challenging year. Creme de cassis, licorice, lavender, chocolate, spice and espresso all run through the 2017. This is an especially inky, flamboyant style for Chappellet, but all the elements come together very nicely."
- Item #: i_214700Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98Jeb Dunnuck: 99JEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS - "The flagship is the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Poetry, which is based on 88% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Cabernet Franc, 4% Petit Verdot, and the balance Merlot. Straight-up awesome notes of black raspberries, blueberries, smoked tobacco, violets, spice box, and gravelly earth as well as a bloody, meaty character all emerge from this magical wine. With full-bodied richness, ultra-fine tannins, flawless balance, and a great, great finish, it doesn't have the sheer opulence of the 2016 or 2015 yet shows a more classical, elegant, style that still packs ample richness and depth. It needs 4-5 years of bottle age and will keep for 20 years or more. It's a candidate for the wine of the vintage and is an incredible achievement for this team. Bravo."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Poetry gives up creme de cassis, baked plums, blueberry compote, chocolate box, earth and aniseed scents on the nose with wafts of cedar chest and pencil lead. Full-bodied, firm and grainy, it is concentrated, very classy and multilayered with great energy and a long finish."
- Item #: i_212630Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98-100Continuum is estate grown on their Sage Mountain Vineyard. It's location, high on Pritchard Hill along the eastern ridge above Oakville, overlooks Napa Valley and the San Francisco Bay. 38 acres of mature estate vineyard, planted in 1991 and 1996, with additional plantings in 2004 and 2010, together comprise 38 distinct vineyard blocks. Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, and Merlot are grown from 1300 to 1600 feet in elevation, on western and southern facing aspects with slight northern and eastern slopes in places. This diversity of plantings on our volcanic soils are the essence of the complexity of Continuum.
The 2018 growing season was a winemaker's dream - cool weather patterns followed much needed rain, but plenty of sunshine allowed the fruit to ripen beautifully. 2018 Continuum expresses purity and precision, with high tone aromatics of red and blue fruit, deep plum and rose oil. This vintage shows an approachable nerve of the land in the refined mineral quality and earthy, savory profile. A shimmering, silky and harmoniously integrated wine with densely packed fine grain tannins.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98-100 POINTS - "Composed of 54% Cabernet Sauvignon, 31% Cabernet Franc, 9% Petit Verdot and 6% Merlot, the deep garnet-purple 2018 Proprietary Red has a fantastically fragrant nose of candied violets, red roses, Morello cherries and blackcurrant pastilles with hints of wild blueberries, red currant jelly, iron ore and forest floor, plus a waft of cinnamon stick. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is completely packed with tightly wound black and red berry layers, framed by firm, ripe, finely grained tannins and seamless freshness, finishing with incredibly persistent and evocative floral and mineral layers. An absolute head-turner, this 2018 is all that and then some. Tim Mondavi mentioned that this is due to be bottled in just a few weeks—mid-August—meaning this barrel sample I tasted is pretty close to being a finished wine. With the estate vineyard turning 10 year's old in 2018, here's where we see how incredibly special this singular Pritchard Hill site really is."
- Item #: i_215550Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Extracted and supple, offering ripe currant, loamy earth, green olive, savory herb and cedary oak flavors that fall comfortably into place. Ends with a long, graceful finish. Best from 2018 through 2030."
ROBERT PARKER 91 POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, which has 8% Petit Verdot added, has a dense ruby/purple color, beautiful blackcurrant fruit, plum, spice box and earth. It is medium to full-bodied, with supple tannins and seems classic and very much 2014 in style with its front-end-loaded fruit, lushness and irresistibility. This charming and complex wine should drink nicely for the next 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_214180Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is super-refined, polished and articulate, with mid-weight structure and fine overall balance. Readers should expect a somewhat laid-back wine by Dalla Valle's standards. In 2014, the Cabernet Sauvignon is especially aromatic and nuanced. It should drink well with minimal cellaring."
- Item #: i_214160Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96Vinous Media: 94+ANTONIO GALLONI 94+ POINTS - "Naoko Dalla Valle's 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is an exotically ripe, flamboyant wine that captures the best the vintage has to offer. A rush of black cherry and plum fruit makes a bold opening statement. The 2015 was just bottled and is naturally quite primary at this stage. Readers should plan on cellaring it for at least a few years, which will allow the aromatics to open up. The Dalla Valle Cabernet Sauvignon usually starts drinking well at around age ten. I expect that will be the case here as well."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS - "Inky purple colored, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate leaps from the glass with youthful, exuberant red and black currants notes over scents of garrigue, cedar, violets, rose hip, iron ore, dusty earth and underbrush. Medium to full-bodied, finely constructed and with bags of finesse, it sports a solid line of very fine-grained tannins and impressive earth-inspired layers, finishing with great persistence. This was tasted as a barrel sample."
- Item #: i_214220Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "Moving to the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon, this cuvee is too often underrated and I think it's one of the most classy, balanced, high quality Cabernets coming from the valley. Deep purple-colored with beautiful blackcurrant fruits interwoven with lots of tobacco, crushed rocks, leafy herbs, and graphite, it hits the palate with full-bodied richness, ripe, present tannins, and stunning balance. It's going to benefit from 4-5 years of bottle age and keep for 25 years or more."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "This is truly one of the most magical vineyards to visit in Napa Valley—poised on a ledge in the Vaca Mountains foothills, just below Ovid on Pritchard Hill and just above the valley floor overlooking Screaming Eagle. Out of the 26 acres in total at Dalla Valle, 20 acres are committed to vines. Andy Erickson has been winemaker at this estate since 2007 and Michel Rolland is the consultant enologist. Founder/Proprietor Naoko Dalla Valle's daughter, Maya, has been working closely with Andy Erickson while slowly taking over the reins over the last few years."
"The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate is blended of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon and 15% Cabernet Franc, aged in barrel for 21 months in two-thirds new oak. It was bottled one week prior to this tasting. Deep garnet-purple colored, it leaps from the glass with bold, beautiful black fruits—blackcurrant pastilles, plum preserves and boysenberries—with hints of baker's chocolate, yeast extract, tapenade and Indian spices plus a waft of forest floor. Full-bodied, rich and spicy in the mouth, it sports soft, plush, well-played tannins and just enough freshness, finishing long and fragrant."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon captures all of the radiance of the year in its super-ripe fruit and racy contours. Medium in body yet extravagantly ripe, the 2017 is going to need at least a few years in bottle to shed some baby fat. A rush of dark cherry, plum, spice, lavender, licorice and menthol gives the 2017 much of its immediacy and overall appeal."
- Item #: i_200452Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Winemaker Nile Zacherle crafts some of the most elegant, polished Cabernets readers will taste on Pritchard Hill. As good as the wines are, they would almost certainly be even better if the estate took a few more risks. Today, the wines are almost always outstanding, but there may be an even higher level of quality that can be achieved here."
ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Elevation 1147 has the darker, more spiced profile found in the Three Acre with the lift and freshness of the Old Vine. All the elements come together nicely in this super-expressive Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon. The 2015 is wonderfully dense and lush, and yet retains quite a bit of freshness."
- Item #: i_215342Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Vinous Media: 94Diamond Creek's second coolest micro-climate is their five-acre Gravelly Meadow vineyard. Originally a pre-historic river bed, this stony, gravelly soil drains rapidly and the vines struggle for moisture. Gravelly Meadow is their lowest yielding vineyard.
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Gravelly Meadow is ample and full in feel. Dark fruit, scorched earth, licorice, chocolate, spice, leather and menthol fill out the layers effortlessly. Somber and brooding, the Gravelly Meadow has a lot going on. It clearly needs time to be at its best. Firm hillside tannins add to a feeling of gravitas. There is real weight and substance here."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Pretty sage and sassafras aromas lead off, followed by a core of gently mulled blackberry and bitter plum flavors. Edgy grip rides underneath on the finish, with black tea and singed alder accents trailing. Shows a smoldering intensity. Best from 2022 through 2038. 711 cases made."
- Item #: i_216150Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsFinally...the much-anticipated 2016 Dominus Estate is here! One of Napa Valley's most revered Cabernet-blends is back, and will sell out quickly just like every year prior! One of the most respected wine producers in the world, Christian Moueix is on a personal quest for perfection in grape growing and winemaking. It is a journey that began in Bordeaux and continues today at Dominus Estate, where he has instilled his philosophy and inspired his team to share his values. To walk the vineyard with Christian is to witness a commitment to the land, a strong sense of purpose, and the modest soul of a man of the vines.
It is not uncommon for the Dominus Estate Cabernet-Blend to reach a near perfect score, and it has even garnered that perfect 100 point score a few times (2010, 2013, and 2015). However, this release stands on its own. Critic Lisa Perrotti-Brown (who reviews the Napa wines for Robert Parker's Wine Advocate) has even stated, "If I could give more than 100 for this one, I would." Lisa has become one of the more respected critics in the wine world, so for her to make that statement truly says something about the wine!
In the late 1960s, while attending the University of California at Davis, Christian Moueix fell in love with the Napa Valley and its wine. Son of Jean-Pierre Moueix, the famed wine merchant and producer from Libourne, France, Moueix returned home in 1970 to manage the family vineyards, including Chateaux Petrus. His love of Napa Valley lingered, and, in 1981, he discovered the historic Napanook Vineyard, a 124-acre site west of Yountville that had been the source of fruit for some of the finest Napa Valley wines of the 1940s and 1950s. In 1982, Moueix entered into a partnership to develop the vineyard, and in 1985, became its sole owner. He chose the name "Dominus" or "Lord of the Estate" in Latin to underscore his longstanding commitment to stewardship of the land.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "A blend of 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Petit Verdot and 8% Cabernet Franc aged in 40% new oak, the 2016 Proprietary Red Wine is deep purple-black in color and quite reticent at this youthful stage to begin, offering up subtle notions of potpourri, Indian spices, cigar box and iron ore over a core of crushed blackberries and black cherries with intermittent wafts of black and red currants, new leather and smoked meats. The palate is medium to full-bodied with a densely packed mid-palate and oodles of freshness framed by very ripe, finely grained tannins and laced with compelling earthy accents. It offers incredible vibrancy with tons of black and red fruit sparkle in the mid-palate leading to a provocative mineral element on the very long finish. If I could give more than 100 for this one, I would. To be released in May 2019."
JEB DUNNUCK 98+ POINTS - "Another possible legend in the making is the 2016 Dominus, a classic blend of 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Petit Verdot and the rest Cabernet Franc brought up in 40% new French oak. Pure, pristine notes of charcoal, cold fireplace, smoke tobacco, and both blue and black fruits all flow to a full-bodied 2016 that has incredible elegance and finesse, yet also depth and density. It's more backward and reserved than the 2015 and needs 4-5 years of cellaring. It will unquestionably live for 25-30 years."
- Item #: i_203400Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 100**Please note, this is a half sized bottleROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon charges from the gate with exuberant red and black cherries notes, black currants and mulberries with a beautiful roses and lavender perfume, plus hints of sandalwood and cinnamon stick. Full-bodied, concentrated and downright explosive in the mouth, it is still wearing loads of gorgeous puppy-fat fruit flavors, offering suggestions of the complex, multilayered blockbuster that it will emerge into. The structure deserves its own mention: wonderful, seamless freshness and oh-so-fine, pixelated tannins, with an extraordinary persistence of fruit and mineral nuances. Wow."
- Item #: i_220040Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "A gorgeously sweet nose of blackcurrants, dried flowers, Asian spice, and loamy earth and chocolate emerges from the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard. Deeply concentrated, with a light, elegant texture, beautiful tannins, and a great finish, this stunning wine is already beautiful but will shine for 15 years or more."
- Item #: i_226330Bottle Size: 750mlOnly 9 barrels of this wine were produced. A blend of 87% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Petite Sirah, and 5% Merlot, the wine opens with soft aromatics of a wild blackberry patch, pencil shavings and ripe fig, while the nose evolves into a more nuanced melange of violets, fresh sepia pasta and salad nicoise. Vibrant and energetic upon entry, the vintage's elegant qualities continue with a refined mid-palate of dark berry fruits, a touch of licorice and dark chocolate. The robust tannins - a result of the estate's alluvial soils - will develop and mature well into the next decade.
We get a small amount of this wine each year, and this has a track record of receiving high scores from critics. Scores from the past three vintages are:
2014 Vintage - ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS 2013 Vintage - ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS 2012 Vintage - ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS
- Item #: i_250470Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2017 Insignia is a blend of 94% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Malbec and 2% Cabernet Franc coming from: 46% Las Rocas vineayrd (Stags Leap District), 22% Barboza vineyard (Stags Leap District), 13% Suscol vineyard (South Napa Valley), 10% Yountville vineyard (Oak Knoll District) and 9% Home Ranch (St. Helena). It was aged for 24 months in 100% new French oak barrels. Deep garnet-purple colored, it comes bounding out of the glass with exuberant scents of Black Forest cake, preserved plums and blueberry pie plus touches of redcurrant jelly, potpourri, clove oil and dark chocolate. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has gained weight from it's in-barrel offering, boasting rich, decadently perfumed black fruit preserves flavors with a racy backbone and velvety tannins, finishing long and spicy. 7,400 cases were made."
JEB DUNNUCK 95-97 POINTS - "Not yet bottled, the 2017 Insignia (which includes no Petit Verdot due to the frosts) offers both red and black fruits as well as lots of spice box, gravelly earth, and integrated oak. It opens up beautifully with time in the glass, is medium to full-bodied, has beautiful mid-palate depth and concentration, and a great finish. It's a classic, undeniable success in this challenging vintage."
- Item #: i_235900Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS - "A barrel sample, the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon features a deep garnet-purple, singing on the nose of freshly crushed black cherries, black berry pie and warm plums over a core of cassis and pencil lead plus nuances of violets, cinnamon stick and underbrush. Medium to full-bodied, the palate delivers mouth-coating, crunchy black fruit with a firm backbone of ripe, grainy tannins and just enough freshness, finishing long and spicy."
- Item #: i_237170Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96JEB DUNNUCK 96+ POINTS - "The flagship cuvee, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon J. Daniel Cuvee is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon brought up in 75% new French oak. Rocking levels of cassis, graphite, vanilla, scorched earth, and tobacco all flow to a full-bodied Cabernet that has building tannins, a terrific, deep, layered mid-palate, and a great finish. It's still tight and backward on the palate, and in need of 4-5 years of bottle age, but it's a beautiful wine in the making."
- Item #: i_241970Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98Jeb Dunnuck: 99JEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS - "Just about pure perfection in a glass, the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon checks in as 100% varietal sourced from top sites including Dr. Crane, Las Piedras, Weitz, Oakville Ranch, and Vine Hill. This deep purple/blue-hued beauty boasts a stunning bouquet of pure creme de cassis and blackberry fruits as well as complex forest floor, graphite, chocolate, and spicy oak. Full-bodied, rich, sexy, yet incredibly elegant and seamless on the palate, this is pure Napa Valley magic that has appeal even today yet the class to evolve for 30 years in cold cellars."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Made from 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon is a blend of each of the single-vineyard wine sites (Dr. Crane, Las Piedras and Vine Hill Ranch), plus fruit from Oakville Ranch and Weitz vineyards. It was aged for 22 months in French oak, 100% new. Deep garnet-purple in color, it charges out of the gate with energetic scents of warm cassis, blackberry pie, boysenberries and wild blueberries plus hints of mocha, black truffles, fertile loam and lavender, with a waft of Chinese five spice. Full-bodied, rich, concentrated and decadent with a velvety texture and fantastic freshness, it finishes long and layered. 1,100 cases were made."
- Item #: i_245320Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 98JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "Coming all from clone 1 Cabernet Franc in the To Kalon Vineyard, the 2014 Force de la Nature is an incredibly singular, exotic, complex 2014 that has loads of red and blue fruits, exotic flowers, incense, and blood orange-like aromas and flavors. About as elegant and seamless as they come, with ultra-fine tannin and no hard edges, it's an incredible expression of Cabernet Franc from Napa Valley."
- Item #: i_282080Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 98JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "I loved these latest releases from Luc Morlet and family, and they show a sensational mix of classic, balanced, even old-school, characters mixed with killer California fruit. As a whole, the 2014s show more elegance and complexity, with the 2015s possessing more power and richness. These are rockstar wines."
"The 2014 Morlet Estate comes from the western foothills just north of St. Helena and is 99% Cabernet Sauvignon. It has a Pauillac-like austerity as well as awesome notes of black fruits, graphite, lead pencil shavings and loamy soils. Fresh, focused, full-bodied and powerful, this classic, structured Cabernet Sauvignon needs 2-4 years of bottle age but will have 20-25 years of overall longevity."
- Item #: i_230590Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard is a little closed to begin, offering subtle notes of crushed blackberries, kirsch, wild blueberries and mulberries with wafts of lavender, lilacs, tilled soil and cedar chest. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has bags of energy and freshness, filling the palate with crunchy red and black fruits and ripe, grainy tannins, finishing on a floral note. 307 cases made."