- Item #: i_277886Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+Jeb Dunnuck: 97JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "I was able to taste to two vintages of the Private Reserve, and the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve comes from a vintage loved by the estate. The final blend is the normal 97% Cabernet Sauvignon, 2% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Petit Verdot brought up in 85% new French oak. This full-bodied, ripe, voluptuous beauty shows the vintage to a T, offering a blast of sweet blackcurrants, licorice, ground herbs, and graphite aromas and flavors. Blockbuster styled, with full body and an expansive, sexy texture, it has the depth and density to continue drinking brilliantly for 20+ years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "Containing the tiniest splashes of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve has a deep garnet-purple color and nose of plum preserves, baked blackberries and cassis with hints of menthol, sandalwood and chocolate box. Full-bodied with soft, seductive tannins and a lively backbone supporting the generous, ripe, opulent fruit, it has a decadent spiciness and great length."
- Item #: i_200420Bottle Size: 750mlThis is only the third release of Le Boucher; a tribute to David Long's father, Donald Long. A blend of 67% Cabernet Franc, 16% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, and 8% Petit Verdot aged in French oak, of which 84% was new. A deep ruby red color offers aromas of baked cherry, plum and pomegranate; followed by subtle earth tones of cherry wood, toasted oak and bay laurel as well as violet like floral notes. The palate is expansive yet finessed with fine grain tannins and mild acidity while long and persistent. Flavors of boysenberry, cherry and toffee carry a long finish. A deft and precise wine with evolving layers to be best from 2019 to 2029. Only 143 cases were produced!
- Item #: i_217410Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95Vinous Media: 95+ANTONIO GALLONI 95+ POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (Howell Mountain) offers a striking balance of intense richness from the low yields on the mountain and the intensely mineral/savory qualities that are such signatures of the Dunn Howell Mountain Cabernet. Graphite, smoke, grilled herbs, creme de cassis, menthol and iron build into the huge finish. The tannins are there, but they are buried by the sheer intensity of the fruit."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain looks sensational, as most of the better efforts do in this vintage of relatively low yields. Huge sucrosity, a big, fat, juicy mouthfeel, a dense black/purple color and plenty of crème de cassis, blackberry, camphor and licorice are all present in this layered, rather highly extracted and rich wine. It should drink well for 30-40 years."
- Item #: i_222380Bottle Size: 750ml2015 was blessed with abundant sunshine, dry growing conditions, and an early harvest producing small berries with incredible concentration. Bright cherry, dark plum, vanilla bean and molasses rise from the glass. The palate is perfectly balanced with incredible structure and tons of dark, pure fruit, resolving in a long finish with soft, supple tannins. This is a vintage that we think will show as one of Fontanella's best over the years of working with this legendary vineyard.
- Item #: i_222290Bottle Size: 750mlThis premiere vintage of Fontanella Family's Estate Cabernet is a perfect representation of Jeff's signature style. With the ability to exert absolute control from planting to harvest, every choice made has carried his vision to this reality: lush, dense layers of pure fruit notes coat the palate. The three-year barrel aging program ensures perfect oak integration, framing the fruit with brown sugar and soft barrel spices. This wine has the body and complexity that will ensure its ageability, and we are proud to share it with you. With less than 80 cases produced, this 2015 Mt. Veeder Estate Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon is a showcase of the best barrels of their first-ever estate Cabernet!
- Item #: i_276320Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 90The vineyards of Calistoga, located in the northern Napa Valley, are prized for helping to produce wine grapes of extraordinary flavors, complexity, and quality. Frank Family Vineyards are located in this region, on the original site of the historic Larkmead Winery and owned by wine legend Hans Kornell. Rich Frank and his family farm this piece of land with great fervor, and with the help of their winemaker Todd Graff, the wines from Frank Family Vineyards have become a "go to" at several of the top restaurants, hotels, and retailers.
Now why is that? It's easy; Frank Family produces wine that they like to drink, and they don’t charge the proverbial arm-and-a-leg like some others tend to do. What you get here exceeds what you pay! In addition to their Calistoga site, they have acquired a few other vineyards in other Napa Valley regions (such as Rutherford and Carneros) that they farm with the same intensity as their Calistoga vineyard.
A classic Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, this wine shows its Rutherford base with bountiful aromas of cocoa, red currant, cinnamon and blackberry; full bodied with moderate tannins and a long finish, the wine sings with flavors of chocolate, kirsch, and eucalyptus.
- Item #: i_234000Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 97This 12-acre vineyard and winery is located in a small, yet highly-envied area in Napa Valley called Pickett Road. The residents wineries of the area include Kenefick Ranch, Hundred Acre, and Eisele...so you get the kind of grapes are grown here! Winemaker Rebecca George does an amazing job on this project.
ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "Proprietor Kelly Fleming has put together an all star team that also includes vineyard manager Mike Wolf and consulting winemaker Francoise Peschon, which is about as good as it gets. That commitment to quality comes through in the wines. Readers who have not yet tasted the Kelly Fleming wines owe it to themselves to do it. This Calistoga vineyard at the end of Pickett Road and near Kenefick Ranch, Eisele Vineyard and Hundred Acre's Few and Far Between, has produced a positively stellar set of wines over the last few vintages."
"Fleming's 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is powerful and dense, with tons of explosive energy driving the red cherry, plum, cedar, licorice and tobacco flavors. A brooding wine today, the 2015 has really shut down since I last tasted it, which is probably a very good thing for its long-term prospects. Pomegranate, blood orange, menthol, spice and new leather build into the potent finish. The 2015 is a total stunner. That's all there is to it."
- Item #: i_270925Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96+Brothers Jan and Bart Krupp were told they were crazy for planting a vineyard on hills with such rocky soil. But when they were done, the quality was so intense that wineries such as Caymus, Paul Hobbs, Pahlmeyer, Miner, and Selene were buying their grapes, not to mention those who called them crazy, too!
The vineyard lies in an area known to the Napa locals as Foss Valley, surrounded by Atlas Peak to the south, Pritchard Hill to the north, and Oakville to the east. The soils, elevations, and exposures creat the IDEAL conditions for a variety of grapes, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Chardonnay, Syrah, Viognier, and Sangiovese.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Sporting a deep purple-black color and nose of creme de cassis, blackberries and violets with hints of cedar, bay leaves, Marmite toast and charcuterie, Krupp Brothers' 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon M5 Stagecoach is rich, intense and concentrated in the full-bodied mouth, with very firm, grainy tannins and seamless acid, finishing long and layered with spices coming through."
- Item #: i_270920Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc with smaller portions of Malbec and Petit Verdot, the deep garnet-purple colored 2015 Synchrony Proprietary Red offers up aromas of red currant jelly, kirsch and wild blueberry over a pencil shavings, lavender and cinnamon stick core plus a touch of tobacco. Full-bodied, rich and concentrated on the palate, it displays firm, grainy tannins and layers of perfumed red fruits and earthy notions, finishing on a spicy note."
- Item #: i_249950Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "Portfolio was founded in 1998 by Genevieve and Luc Janssens. Genevieve is, of course, famous in Napa Valley for her time as the chief winemaker at Robert Mondavi winery. And so, Genevieve is the winemaking side of this collaboration while her husband, Luc, a professional artist, is the creative hand behind the label. This is a tiny project, producing less than 250 cases each year. The Cabernet Sauvignon backbone of the wine is sourced from a single block of Hendry Ranch vineyard—block 8. The small proportion of Cabernet Franc comes from Detert East vineyard in Oakville. The wine is made at the couple’s home, and everything is as hands-on as winemaking can get—no pump from crushing to bottle, no fining, no filtration, all gravity fed (via a forklift). Everything is hand destemmed, dry ice is used for temperature control, and the grapes are pressed using a simple basket press. Bottling is performed by hand. The finished product just goes to show how much purity, vineyard expression and poise can be achieved even with the most basic equipment...when a highly knowledgeable and experienced winemaker is involved."
"Composed of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon and 15% Cabernet Franc, the 2015 Limited Edition Cabernet Sauvignon was aged for 32 months in 100% new French oak. Deep garnet-purple colored, it comes rolling out of the glass with a beautiful perfume of red roses, violets and kirsch—lilacs and licorice—over a core of black raspberries, chocolate box, menthol and tilled soil. Full-bodied, firm and sporting a very finely grained texture with bold freshness and bags of crunchy fruit, it finishes long and multilayered."
- Item #: i_256640Bottle Size: 750mlOur flagship wine is full and rich and utterly even across the palate. The Claret, Napa-Style, is made of the best we have – a classic Left Bank Bordeaux-style blend of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 17% Merlot and 3% Petit Verdot. A most intoxicating aroma of black cherry and ripe berry open with elegant complexity.
- Item #: i_242830Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+Vinous Media: 96+Jeb Dunnuck: 95ANTONIO GALLONI 96+ POINTS - "Mondavi's Cabernet Sauvignon The Reserve To Kalon Vineyard is fabulous. Rich, powerful and voluptuous, the 2015 oozes with class from the very first taste. The flavors are deep, dark and boldly sketched in this sumptuous, beautifully resonant Cabernet. The tannins will need time to soften, but I can't imagine readers opening bottles anytime soon. The 2015 Reserve is one of the very finest wines I have tasted from Robert Mondavi Winery."
ROBERT PARKER 96+ POINTS - "Composed of 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Merlot, 2% Petit Verdot and 2% Cabernet Franc, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon To Kalon Reserve features a deep garnet-purple color and wonderfully expressive nose of creme de cassis, preserved plums and black forest cake with hints of cigar boxes, aniseed, dark chocolate and forest floor. Full-bodied, rich and concentrated in the mouth, the ripe, opulent black fruit is well supported by velvety tannins and plenty of freshness, finishing long and spicy."
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "A blend of 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Merlot, 2% Petite Verdot, and 2% Cabernet Franc, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon The Reserve To Kalon Vineyard is about as perfumed, upfront and sexy as they come. Sporting a ruby/plum color and a terrific bouquet of black raspberries, cedary spice, toasty oak, flowers and incense, it hits the palate with loads of sweet fruit, an undeniable opulence, ripe tannin and a great finish. It's an approachable 2015 that's going to evolve gracefully for another two decades."
- Item #: i_275116Bottle Size: 750mlSilver Oak's 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is comprised of 81% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12.6% Merlot, 3.6% Cabernet Franc, 2.4% Petit Verdot and 0.4% Malbec. It was blended in early 2016 and aged for 24 months in 85% new American oak and 15% one-used American oak barrels from their Missouri cooperage, The Oak. Early blending assures a balanced core and allows all components to achieve a seamless harmony during barrel aging. It was then aged for an additional 20 months in bottle before being released in February of 2020.
This 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon has a deep, rich red color with a purple rim. A robust wine with an assertive and alluring attack, it has notes of strawberry, cigar and tea leaves with a touch of black pepper and clove. A mouthwatering mid-palate of raspberry is followed by an expressive and bright finish. With lush and silky tannins, this ageworthy wine will show beautifully through 2038 given proper cellaring conditions.
- Item #: i_270270Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 94ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "These 2015s from Tor Kenward and his longtime winemaker, Jeff Ames, are seriously impressive, but the 2016s I tasted from barrel may turn out to be even better. Over the last few years, Kenward and Ames have stepped up their game meaningfully, and it shows."
"Tor's 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Herb Lamb Vineyard is terrific. In a vintage in which so many wines are monolithic, the Herb Lamb possesses captivating aromatics and silky tannins that seem to bring out the best this site has to offer. Super-ripe red cherry, raspberry, hard candy and wild flowers give the 2015 a level of sensual exoticism that is impossible to miss. There is so much to like. Tor Kenward and winemaker Jeff Ames have done a superb job in bringing out the essential signatures that make Herb Lamb one of the most intriguing sites in Napa Valley."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The Herb Lamb Vineyard is below the Howell Mountain appellation line yet above the St. Helena appellation line. The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Herb Lamb Vineyard was fermented in a single closed-top tank for about 14 days. The goal for this wine was not maximum extraction but rather to best express the singular profile of this historic vineyard. It saw no more than two pump-overs a day and had a maximum fermentation temperature of 86 degrees Fahrenheit. Following completion of the primary fermentation, the wine was put down to new Taransaud barrels, where it stayed for 18 months until being bottled unfined and unfiltered. It opens with creme de cassis, black cherry pie, plums and cedar with touches of tobacco, bay leaves and earth. The palate is full-bodied, velvety, lively, expressive and earthy with an herbal lift to the finish. 225 cases produced."
- Item #: i_271190Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS - "The deep garnet-purple colored 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate issues forth with a bombastic nose of creme de cassis, plum preserves, blueberry pie and Indian spices with touches of earth, tobacco, meat and wood smoke plus a waft of cedar. Full, rich, concentrated, very firm and grainy, it's lively and packed with fruit, finishing layered and long."