- Item #: i_229110Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Juicy, with an engaging mix of red currant, blood orange and raspberry coulis fruit, laced with rooibos tea, mineral, sassafras and mineral notes. Ripe and tightly focused, showing a racy edge that imparts nice lift from start to finish. Best from 2020 through 2035. 2,086 cases made"
- Item #: i_229230Bottle Size: 750mlIn 2002, Heitz planted cabernet vines on Howell Mountain near the gateway to the Linda Falls Preserve. That same year they donated an adjacent 21 acres to the Land Trust as a conservation easement for the preserve, for hikers and nature lovers to enjoy the splendor of the waterfall, which runs year-round. Stretching above the fog at an average elevation of 1500 feet, this area is known for well-drained, volcanic soils and a cooler climate which results in longer hangtime. The vines are planted in narrow rows, deliberately positioned to capture the strongest rays of the summer sun. As the fruit matures, the dense spacing and abundant sunshine leads to a low yield of smaller berries with thick, deeply-hued skins. This picturesque, hilly vineyard is surrounded by pine trees, deer, and bears; a truly special slice of Napa Valley.
Winemaker's Notes: "Its full palate shows how refined and elegant a Howell Mountain wine can be; a firm tannin structure yet silky, with a juicy lingering finish. Undeniably made in the classic Heitz style, it has a liveliness to it with balanced acidity."
- Item #: i_249080Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94We've followed Tony Biagi and his winemaking talents for several years, from his times at Duckhorn and Paraduxx, to his more recent stays at Plumpjack, Cade, Hourglass and Sinegal. However, we are now proud to have his own Patria wines here at the store! Between the pedigree behind the wine and the quality of what is in the bottle, this label is poised to be on the radar of collectors and savvy connoisseurs alike. While we also carry the Patria Cabernet Sauvignon, Tony's "Avoyelles" bottling is a take on Cabernet Franc, a grape used in some of the best red wines in the world, such as Cheval Blanc from Bordeaux, or Dalla Valle's Maya from Napa.
ROBERT PARKER 94 POINTS - "The 2014 Oakville Ranch Avoyelles is an intriguing blend of 56% Cabernet Franc, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon and the rest Petit Verdot. I thought this was an outrageously delicious, complex wine with notes of incense, camphor, blueberry liqueur, blackcurrants, licorice and a touch of new oak in the background. It is deep, full-bodied, velvety textured and voluptuous with superb density and relatively pure, deep blue and black fruits. This full-bodied wine will offer delicious drinking over the next 12-15+ years."
- Item #: i_249830Bottle Size: 750mlSingle barrel blend of 100% Petit Verdot, offered for the first time in over a decade • Fruit sourced from our estate Persephone Vineyard, Hebe Block, hence the fanciful name • Aged in new French oak barrels for 20 months • Rich fruit is an invitation to drink now, while chewy tannins signal the ageability of this wine Wine Facts • Single vineyard wine • Sustainably produced • Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled
- Item #: i_251320Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91+ POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Stags Leap District shows a medium to deep garnet-purple color and nose of baked plums, dried mulberries and cassis plus coffee with earth and herbs hints. Taut and chewy in the mouth, it finishes a little hard and chewy but with bags of depth."