- Item #: i_201540Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsArrow and Branch proprietors (and Laguna Beach locals) Steve and Seanne Contursi share a great love for the wines of Bordeaux, particularly those produced with a large quantity of Cabernet Franc, such as Chateau Cheval Blanc. The couple sought out their Coombsville vineyard property with an eye to producing top-quality Cabernet Franc-based wines from Napa Valley. They bought the Arrow and Branch Vineyard in November 2007, as this vineyard was the source of Tony Soter's renowned and highly rated Little Creek Cabernet Franc. The Contursi's have maintained the organic farming and, through their work with the detail-oriented Viticulturalist Mike Wolf, are continually improving this wonderful vineyard site.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "A blend of 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Petit Verdot and the rest Merlot from the Lewelling and Stagecoach Vineyards and aged 20 months in 60% new French oak, the gorgeous 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Black Label offers everything you could want. Blackberry, blueberries, incense, sweet spice and dried flower notes all soar from the glass and it's full-bodied, incredibly opulent and mouthfilling, all while never seeming heavy or cumbersome. It's a big Napa Valley fruit bomb done with class!"
- Item #: i_277886Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "I was able to taste to two vintages of the Private Reserve, and the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve comes from a vintage loved by the estate. The final blend is the normal 97% Cabernet Sauvignon, 2% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Petit Verdot brought up in 85% new French oak. This full-bodied, ripe, voluptuous beauty shows the vintage to a T, offering a blast of sweet blackcurrants, licorice, ground herbs, and graphite aromas and flavors. Blockbuster styled, with full body and an expansive, sexy texture, it has the depth and density to continue drinking brilliantly for 20+ years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "Containing the tiniest splashes of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve has a deep garnet-purple color and nose of plum preserves, baked blackberries and cassis with hints of menthol, sandalwood and chocolate box. Full-bodied with soft, seductive tannins and a lively backbone supporting the generous, ripe, opulent fruit, it has a decadent spiciness and great length."
- Item #: i_206980Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+Vinous Media: 96ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Cardinale Cabernet Sauvignon (containing 10% Merlot) gives beautiful red, black and blue fruit notes with touches of dried herbs, spice cake and unsmoked cigars, plus a waft of cedar. Medium to full-bodied, it has a firm structure with plenty of gregarious mid-palate fruit, finishing with a lingering herbal lift. This seductive blockbuster is temptingly drinkable now and it should age gracefully over 15-20 years. 2,579 cases produced."
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "The 2015 Cardinale is dark, sensual and totally beguiling. Voluptuous fruit and soft, racy contours make a strong opening statement. The dark cherry, mocha, smoke, plum, spice and new leather flavors are all amped up in a seamless, alluring Cardinale that is going to be nearly impossible to resist in its youth. There is so much to like here."
- Item #: i_214160Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96Vinous Media: 94+ANTONIO GALLONI 94+ POINTS - "Naoko Dalla Valle's 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is an exotically ripe, flamboyant wine that captures the best the vintage has to offer. A rush of black cherry and plum fruit makes a bold opening statement. The 2015 was just bottled and is naturally quite primary at this stage. Readers should plan on cellaring it for at least a few years, which will allow the aromatics to open up. The Dalla Valle Cabernet Sauvignon usually starts drinking well at around age ten. I expect that will be the case here as well."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS - "Inky purple colored, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate leaps from the glass with youthful, exuberant red and black currants notes over scents of garrigue, cedar, violets, rose hip, iron ore, dusty earth and underbrush. Medium to full-bodied, finely constructed and with bags of finesse, it sports a solid line of very fine-grained tannins and impressive earth-inspired layers, finishing with great persistence. This was tasted as a barrel sample."
- Item #: i_214230Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96-98Vinous Media: 97+Jeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsLocated in the foothills of the Vaca Mountains in Eastern Oakville, Dalla Valle’s “Maya” bottling is one of the sexiest cult wines you can get! Proprietor Naoko Dalla Valle cuts no corners as she seeks to produce the best possible wine from her property. As dictated by naturally low-yielding soils composed primarily of fractured volcanic rock, Dalla Valle keeps fruit production tightly controlled. At the helm of winemaking is Andy Erickson (who has also made the wines at Screaming Eagle in the past), and he makes several passes through the vineyards each harvest so that only clusters of grapes at optimal ripeness and maturity are harvested. Dalla Valle’s Maya bottling showcases the site’s exceptional Cabernet Franc; it is grace and power all in one, and fewer than 500 cases are produced each year. This year, the wines has received the perfect 100 point score from Jeb Dunnuck.
JEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "As good as it gets, yet in a different style compared to the also perfect 2016, the 2015 Maya Proprietary Red Wine boasts a sensational, ethereal, heavenly style to go with tons of cassis and blackberry fruits intermixed with notions of dried earth, tobacco, chocolate, and a beautiful sense of minerality. This cuvée is normally a blend of 60-70% Cabernet Sauvignon and the rest Cabernet Franc, and it’s the Cabernet Franc that gives it another layer of complexity and elegance. The sexy, upfront nature of the 2015 vintage is front and center. This is a magical wine to drink over the coming 3+ decades."
ANTONIO GALLONI 97+ POINTS - "The 2015 Maya is surprisingly powerful and tightly wound. Time in the glass allows the tannins to relax just enough for the fruit to gradually emerge. Like all of the 2015s here, the Maya is still very primary in its expression of fruit. Even so, the wine's heady, flamboyant personality is very much on display. Dark cherry, plum, mocha, licorice, lavender and exotic spice overtones gradually develop in the glass, but it will be years before the 2015 enters its prime."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96-98 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Maya Proprietary Red Wine opens with sweet plums, spice box and kirsch notes with nuances of vanillin, cocoa powder, dried herbs and loam. Medium to full-bodied, soft, approachable and very sexy even at this youthful stage, it has a long, perfumed finish. This was tasted as a barrel sample."
- Item #: i_200452Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Winemaker Nile Zacherle crafts some of the most elegant, polished Cabernets readers will taste on Pritchard Hill. As good as the wines are, they would almost certainly be even better if the estate took a few more risks. Today, the wines are almost always outstanding, but there may be an even higher level of quality that can be achieved here."
ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Elevation 1147 has the darker, more spiced profile found in the Three Acre with the lift and freshness of the Old Vine. All the elements come together nicely in this super-expressive Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon. The 2015 is wonderfully dense and lush, and yet retains quite a bit of freshness."
- Item #: i_200420Bottle Size: 750mlThis is only the third release of Le Boucher; a tribute to David Long's father, Donald Long. A blend of 67% Cabernet Franc, 16% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, and 8% Petit Verdot aged in French oak, of which 84% was new. A deep ruby red color offers aromas of baked cherry, plum and pomegranate; followed by subtle earth tones of cherry wood, toasted oak and bay laurel as well as violet like floral notes. The palate is expansive yet finessed with fine grain tannins and mild acidity while long and persistent. Flavors of boysenberry, cherry and toffee carry a long finish. A deft and precise wine with evolving layers to be best from 2019 to 2029. Only 143 cases were produced!
- Item #: i_222380Bottle Size: 750ml2015 was blessed with abundant sunshine, dry growing conditions, and an early harvest producing small berries with incredible concentration. Bright cherry, dark plum, vanilla bean and molasses rise from the glass. The palate is perfectly balanced with incredible structure and tons of dark, pure fruit, resolving in a long finish with soft, supple tannins. This is a vintage that we think will show as one of Fontanella's best over the years of working with this legendary vineyard.
- Item #: i_222290Bottle Size: 750mlThis premiere vintage of Fontanella Family's Estate Cabernet is a perfect representation of Jeff's signature style. With the ability to exert absolute control from planting to harvest, every choice made has carried his vision to this reality: lush, dense layers of pure fruit notes coat the palate. The three-year barrel aging program ensures perfect oak integration, framing the fruit with brown sugar and soft barrel spices. This wine has the body and complexity that will ensure its ageability, and we are proud to share it with you. With less than 80 cases produced, this 2015 Mt. Veeder Estate Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon is a showcase of the best barrels of their first-ever estate Cabernet!
- Item #: i_229030Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Galerie is a collection of wines devoted to showcasing two of California's foremost wine growing regions - Napa Valley and Knights Valley. Winemaker Laura Diaz Munoz brings these growing regions to life by vinifying the wines in exactly the same way, allowing the natural difference in the fruit characteristics to express themselves in the glass.
For the Napa Valley, bottling, Laura blended fruit from some of the most prestigious vineyards in the valley; Stagecoach vineyard, Red Hen, Van Z, Diamond Mountain, and Spring Mountain. The wine was aged for 20 months in 60% new French oak.
ROBERT PARKER 92 POINTS - "Very deep garnet-purple in color, the 2015 Pleinair Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon delivers pronounced baked berries, prunes and warm black currant cordial notes with touches of baking spices, olives and dried herbs. Medium to full-bodied, it has concentrated baked black berry and savory layers with soft, velvety tannins and balanced freshness, finishing on a spicy note. 1,540 cases produced."
- Item #: i_226330Bottle Size: 750mlOnly 9 barrels of this wine were produced. A blend of 87% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Petite Sirah, and 5% Merlot, the wine opens with soft aromatics of a wild blackberry patch, pencil shavings and ripe fig, while the nose evolves into a more nuanced melange of violets, fresh sepia pasta and salad nicoise. Vibrant and energetic upon entry, the vintage's elegant qualities continue with a refined mid-palate of dark berry fruits, a touch of licorice and dark chocolate. The robust tannins - a result of the estate's alluvial soils - will develop and mature well into the next decade.
We get a small amount of this wine each year, and this has a track record of receiving high scores from critics. Scores from the past three vintages are:
2014 Vintage - ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS 2013 Vintage - ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS 2012 Vintage - ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS
- Item #: i_234000Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 97This 12-acre vineyard and winery is located in a small, yet highly-envied area in Napa Valley called Pickett Road. The residents wineries of the area include Kenefick Ranch, Hundred Acre, and Eisele...so you get the kind of grapes are grown here! Winemaker Rebecca George does an amazing job on this project.
ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "Proprietor Kelly Fleming has put together an all star team that also includes vineyard manager Mike Wolf and consulting winemaker Francoise Peschon, which is about as good as it gets. That commitment to quality comes through in the wines. Readers who have not yet tasted the Kelly Fleming wines owe it to themselves to do it. This Calistoga vineyard at the end of Pickett Road and near Kenefick Ranch, Eisele Vineyard and Hundred Acre's Few and Far Between, has produced a positively stellar set of wines over the last few vintages."
"Fleming's 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is powerful and dense, with tons of explosive energy driving the red cherry, plum, cedar, licorice and tobacco flavors. A brooding wine today, the 2015 has really shut down since I last tasted it, which is probably a very good thing for its long-term prospects. Pomegranate, blood orange, menthol, spice and new leather build into the potent finish. The 2015 is a total stunner. That's all there is to it."
- Item #: i_270600Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc, 6% Malbec, 5% Rousanne, 3% Chardonnay, and 1% Petit Verdot, this wine opens with a melange of ripe black cherry, vanilla and violets, The Wheelman is plush and textured, dominated by boysenberry, dark cherry, milk chocolate, and cardamom. Well-balanced and rounded tannins lead to an elegant, bright, medium finish. Pair with grilled skirt steak in rosemary herbed butter or rosemary lamb chops with creamy polenta. Drink through 2032. Only 423 cases produced!
- Item #: i_270925Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96+Brothers Jan and Bart Krupp were told they were crazy for planting a vineyard on hills with such rocky soil. But when they were done, the quality was so intense that wineries such as Caymus, Paul Hobbs, Pahlmeyer, Miner, and Selene were buying their grapes, not to mention those who called them crazy, too!
The vineyard lies in an area known to the Napa locals as Foss Valley, surrounded by Atlas Peak to the south, Pritchard Hill to the north, and Oakville to the east. The soils, elevations, and exposures creat the IDEAL conditions for a variety of grapes, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Chardonnay, Syrah, Viognier, and Sangiovese.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Sporting a deep purple-black color and nose of creme de cassis, blackberries and violets with hints of cedar, bay leaves, Marmite toast and charcuterie, Krupp Brothers' 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon M5 Stagecoach is rich, intense and concentrated in the full-bodied mouth, with very firm, grainy tannins and seamless acid, finishing long and layered with spices coming through."
- Item #: i_270920Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc with smaller portions of Malbec and Petit Verdot, the deep garnet-purple colored 2015 Synchrony Proprietary Red offers up aromas of red currant jelly, kirsch and wild blueberry over a pencil shavings, lavender and cinnamon stick core plus a touch of tobacco. Full-bodied, rich and concentrated on the palate, it displays firm, grainy tannins and layers of perfumed red fruits and earthy notions, finishing on a spicy note."
- Item #: i_236535Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 95+**Please note, this is a half sized bottleROBERT PARKER 95+ POINTS - "Blended of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8.5% Cabernet Franc, 7.5% Merlot, 6% Malbec and 3% Petit Verdot, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain has a deep garnet-purple color and nose of warm cassis, black berry pie and mulberries with touches of cedar, red roses and cloves plus a touch of cigar boxes. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has a great core of black and blue fruit layers framed by firm, ripe tannins and seamless freshness, finishing long. 2,362 cases produced."
- Item #: i_237260Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "The nose has deep cherry and blackberry enhanced by cocoa powder and hints of vanilla and toast. The youthful fruit and welcomed acidity are apparent from the first sip. The wine unfolds and offers a rich, mouth filling texture that persists. The layering and integration of flavors is simultaneously enticing and intriguing. This wine has aged beautifully and is ready for your table."
- Item #: i_248280Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 97Vinous Media: 97ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "The 2015 Opus One is a terrific example of the year. Super-ripe and flamboyant in style, with tons of fruit pushed forward, the 2015 has a lot to offer. Today, the primary intensity of the fruit and some of the new oak need time to subside, but there is a lot to look forward to. A rush of super-ripe red cherry, plum, mocha, espresso and wild flowers build into the huge, creamy finish."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple color, it bursts from the glass with beautiful violets, lavender, rose hip tea and chocolate-covered cherries scents over a core of crushed blackberries, black cherries, cassis and iron ore. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is wonderfully bright and crunchy, with bags of fresh black and red berries and a wonderfully plush, finely grained texture, finishing long and fragrant."
- Item #: i_230585Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 98+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98+ POINTS - "Inky purple-black in color, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard gives up notes of blueberry compote, preserved plums and ripe blackberries with touches of incense, dried Mediterranean herbs, menthol and aniseed plus a waft of mossy bark. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is very fine and wonderfully elegant, with incredibly ripe, silt-like tannins and just enough freshness to support the black and blue fruit layers, finishing on a lingering exotic spice note. This beauty should age very well indeed. 353 cases were made."
- Item #: i_230430Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "Deep purple-black in color, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer To Kalon Vineyard opens with seducing notes of crushed black currants, blueberry compote and dried mulberries with hints of spice cake, sandalwood, dried roses and star anise plus a touch of smoked meats. Full-bodied, rich, ripe and densely packed, the opulent fruit is superbly framed by velvety tannins and just enough freshness, finishing with lingering spice layers. 758 cases were made."
- Item #: i_249950Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "Portfolio was founded in 1998 by Genevieve and Luc Janssens. Genevieve is, of course, famous in Napa Valley for her time as the chief winemaker at Robert Mondavi winery. And so, Genevieve is the winemaking side of this collaboration while her husband, Luc, a professional artist, is the creative hand behind the label. This is a tiny project, producing less than 250 cases each year. The Cabernet Sauvignon backbone of the wine is sourced from a single block of Hendry Ranch vineyard—block 8. The small proportion of Cabernet Franc comes from Detert East vineyard in Oakville. The wine is made at the couple’s home, and everything is as hands-on as winemaking can get—no pump from crushing to bottle, no fining, no filtration, all gravity fed (via a forklift). Everything is hand destemmed, dry ice is used for temperature control, and the grapes are pressed using a simple basket press. Bottling is performed by hand. The finished product just goes to show how much purity, vineyard expression and poise can be achieved even with the most basic equipment...when a highly knowledgeable and experienced winemaker is involved."
"Composed of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon and 15% Cabernet Franc, the 2015 Limited Edition Cabernet Sauvignon was aged for 32 months in 100% new French oak. Deep garnet-purple colored, it comes rolling out of the glass with a beautiful perfume of red roses, violets and kirsch—lilacs and licorice—over a core of black raspberries, chocolate box, menthol and tilled soil. Full-bodied, firm and sporting a very finely grained texture with bold freshness and bags of crunchy fruit, it finishes long and multilayered."
- Item #: i_253050Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsAbout 20 years ago, David Ramey was part of a select group of winemakers who became tired of "laboratory" or "squeaky clean" wines devoid of character. He wanted to bring terroir back into wines from California, and his success was the benefit of the consumer! David Ramey became known throughout the wine world as a winemaker associated with stellar quality, and he brought his expertise to brands such as Chalk Hill, Matanzas Creek, Dominus Estate, Rudd Estate, as well as his own brand. While the Ramey Chardonnays have been on the "center stage" for a few years, this release shows that his Cabernets can hang with some of the best in the Napa Valley...and at a MUCH lower price than others that sell for exponentially more!
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is a blend of 78% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Merlot, 7% Malbec and 3% Petit Verdot. Medium to deep ruby, it has an incredible nose of licorice, dried flowers and mint chocolate over black berries and black cherries, cedar shavings and pencil lead, plus spicy clove and star anise touches. Medium to full-bodied, it floods the mouth with plush flavor layers wrapped in chocolate-textured, pixelated tannins and great freshness to counter, finishing long and luscious. 7,177 cases produced."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon comes from a hot, sunny vintage yet has a pure, classy character. Notes of creme de cassis, tobacco, leafy herbs, and spring flowers are just some of the aromatics and it's medium-bodied, elegant, and incredibly polished on the palate. It's another wine from Ramey that's nicely balanced, with terrific purity and loads of class."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "David Ramey's 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley) is racy and inviting, with all of its natural exuberance on display. Another year in bottle has really helped the 2015 come together. Pretty red fruit and floral notes add a kick of brightness to balance the natural exuberance of the growing season."
- Item #: i_256670Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleBob Foley is a rock star in the wine industry and we are happy he never quit his day job of wine making to pursue his dream of playing guitar! If there was a Napa Valley hall of fame he would have our vote amongst inductees! Seriously though, Bob has been making wine since the late 1970s and has worked crafting some of Napa's finest cult wines including Hourglass, Paloma, Pride Mountain, Switchback Ridge and School House to name a few. While busy making wine for these awesome producers, Bob found the time to open and operate the Robert Foley Winery which has been in production for almost 20 years earning him a reputation for producing very expressive wines that finish gracefully.