- Item #: i_200510Bottle Size: 750mlII is the culmination of the two worlds, the Alpha and the Omega, the Old World and the New World. Winemakers, Jean Hoefliger and Michel Rolland worked to create a wine that is not only opulent, fruit forward and generous, but also has the backbone of European acidity and elegance. A reflection of both worlds, II is a wine that is built to be approachable, both in taste and price, and consumed early.
A blend of 71% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc, 4% Petit Verdot, and 2% Malbec, this wine has an explosion of fresh cherries on the nose, along with violets, hints of marzipan, cherry pits, Campari, vanilla beans, almond milk chocolate, and cloves. The palate is fresh upn entry, opening to structuring granular tannins, notes of chocolate sauce, cookie dough, fresh cherry, root beer, wild blueberry, candied red cherry, and pencil shaving.
- Item #: i_201290Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91A blend of 6% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Merlot, 11% Cabernet Franc, and 3% Petit Verdot, the aromas coming from the glass after pouring the 2017 Quartet are delicate yet exuberant. Floral notes and red fruit aromatics are fresh and focused. Notes of red cherry, rose petal, black tea and bay laurel are among the first scents noted. The color of the wine is dark black-purple with a red note around the rim. This opaque dark hue belies the bright energy and focus of the wine. On the palate, the wine has a remarkable intensity, though it is balanced and well proportioned. Red raspberry, baked cherry, vanilla bean and crushed stones are some of the impressions as the wine hits the palate. The flavors build into an intense, long finish with polished tannins and lingering red fruit flavors.
ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Red Blend Quartet is a delicious, easygoing red from Arietta. Expressive floral and savory notes add character and meld into a core of ripe red plum fruit. Cedar, sweet pipe tobacco, mint, crushed flowers and sweet spice all come together in a pliant, aromatic wine that is impeccable in its balance. This is a very pretty and expressive entry-level wine from Arietta that overdelivers."
- Item #: i_208450Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 95 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - "Sinewy, earthy and full of spice, this well-made wine is lush and sumptuous, with firm, focused tannins and integrated oak. Black cherry, cinnamon and nutmeg meld on the structured, fullbodied palate, with a graceful hint of dark chocolate on the finish. This will do well in the cellar; enjoy 2025–2030."
Many years of farming and crafting Cabernet Sauvignon in the Napa Valley across appellations as diverse as Oakville, Howell Mountain, Stags Leap District and St. Helena, has helped the Nickel Family to intimately know the very best sites — each with its defining characteristics — from which to create Bella Union Cabernet.
Upon first sip, Bella Union offers exuberant plum and black cherry aromas, signature notes of the Bella Union Vineyard. The wine is luscious with supple tannins that provide a framework for longevity. The finish lingers with persistent fruit flavors and notes of toasty oak, black pepper and espresso bean.
- Item #: i_275130Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Wine Spectator: 90Jeb Dunnuck: 91JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The entry-level 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon lacks the intensity and depth of the Lynch Family Vineyard, yet has attractive blackcurrants, blueberries, cedarwood, and graphite aromas, medium to full body, supple tannins, and outstanding balance. It's a beautiful wine to drink over the coming 10-15 years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Deep purple-black in color, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is a little closed at this youthful stage, giving notions of black and red cherries, black plums and blackcurrants plus wafts of mossy bark and spice box. Medium-bodied, it has a good amount of uncomplicated flavors in the mouth, framed by rounded tannins and finishing spicy."
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "A ripe and polished style, with cocoa-edged plum and blackberry preserve flavors carrying through a tobacco- and toast-filled finish. Drink now through 2024."
- Item #: i_205880Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsBootleg Red is a new production by Jackson Family Wine Collection; these are the people who own and produce awesome estate wines like Freemark Abbey, La Jota, and StoneStreet just to name a few. Trust us; there are too many "household" names you would recognize for us to list them all but you now have an idea of the quality they bring to the table.
This offering is their entry to the California "Red" category, a section of the domestic wine industry that has seen tremendous growth with labels such as "The Prisoner" becoming brands that everyone who drinks California wine has heard of. In terms of sales this category is as hot as Cabernet Sauvignon! This particular wine is a blend of 37% Merlot, 33% Petit Sirah, and 30% Syrah.
So what sets this apart from other blends and why should you try it? Fruit sources; using Vineyards they own, the Jackson Family sourced grapes from prestigious sub-AVAs within Napa like Yountville, Howell Mountain, and Mt Veeder, with the balance of fruit (18%) coming from their Mendocino Vineyards. The blending components going into this Red comes from outstanding vineyards of whom we all love. Plain and simple, you have outstanding winegrowing, winemaking and wine-blending with Bootleg Red!
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS! "It reveals a healthy purple color as well as a terrific bouquet of sweet creme de cassis, toasted bread, Asian spices, lavender, and dried herbs. With a fabulous texture, full body, notable purity of fruit, and a rich yet graceful style on the palate, it's one seriously hedonistic yet balanced, complex red that knocks it out of the park. Drink this rocking little gem any time over the coming 4-6 years. (I wouldn't be surprised to see it keep longer.)"
- Item #: i_206430Bottle Size: 750mlSituated in the mountains above Conn Valley and near the base of Howell Mountain, the Buehler Estate vineyards are planted primarily to Cabernet Sauvignon. The juxtaposed topography of steeply sloped hillsides with eastern exposures against very gently sloping hills with southern and southwestern exposures hints at the tumultuous geologic past of the Estate; extensive faulting resulted in at least three distinct soil types. Not surprisingly, grapes grown on the different soils give different characteristics to the finished wines; these differences are often as great as the differences across various Bordeaux varieties and allow Buehler to blend within the variety of Cabernet Sauvignon to craft a truly multi-faceted Estate wine.
The aromas hint at black fruit: ripe black cherries and black plums. Enticing barrel qualities of cola and spice complement the fruit aromas. On the palate, the wine shows layers of deeply extracted flavors that only mature hillside vineyards can render. Buehler's Estate Cabernet is the most age-worthy wine they produce and may be enjoyed anytime over the next 15 years.
- Item #: i_206410Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 96ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "Buehler is another estate in Napa Valley that doesn't get anywhere near the recognition it deserves. The striking property is perched atop Conn Valley in one of the most idyllic spots in all of Napa. There are three Cabernets, all of them notable. The Papa's Knoll is the most potent of the three, but all the wines are marked by a real sense of finesse that is impossible to miss."
"The 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Papa's Knoll emerges from a single block in the estate. It is the richest and most voluptuous of these wines, but it balances that fruit intensity with tons of energy. Ripe red cherry, blood orange, cinnamon, mint and star anise give the 2018 its decidedly exotic personality. Ripe and expressive, with soft tannins, the 2018 is an absolute joy to taste."
- Item #: i_207140Bottle Size: 750mlThe Cain 2012 Concept is a blend of 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 16% Merlot, 7% Petit Verdot, and 4% Cabernet Franc from such prestigious vineyards as Beckstoffer George III, Hudson, and Stagecoach. This wine displays the aromatic complexity, smooth entry, balanced mouthfeel and graceful finish, which are the signatures of the Cain style. One of the best Napa vintages of recent history, the 2012 expresses all the warm, generous fruitiness which Cabernet Sauvignon can offer when grown in the best sites of the Napa Valley. It is simply bursting with fragrant aromas of fruit, flowers, tobacco and spice, all layered over a zesty, juicy structure that promises many years to come.
- Item #: i_207100Bottle Size: 750MLIf you have enjoyed the prior "vintages" of Cain Cuvee, you will love the NV15. Those of you who have followed Cain Cuvee know that it is not your typical Napa red wine; no big, inky, oaky blockbuster here. Cain Cuvee is intended to sit lightly, refreshingly (dare we say, lovingly?) on your palate. There is all the fruit that you could want, but the Cain Cuvee is not fruit juice. It is, most assuredly, fine wine for serious wine-lovers who value complexity, balance and finish. The Cain Cuvee is for those who know that wine doesnet have to be big to be good.
- Item #: i_207520Bottle Size: 750MLCakebread's classic Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon reveals aromas of ripe blackberry and boysenberry with hints of dark chocolate and sweet oak. On the palate, the dark fruit is balanced by fresh acidity and lush tannins that carry all the way over a lingering, elegant finish—with just a kiss of minerality. Enjoy this wine now, with everything from lamb burgers to filet mignon and fire-roasted portabello mushrooms—or lay the wine down and watch it continue to develop complexity in the bottle for years to come.
- Item #: i_210410Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "The 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Signature is a blend of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petit Verdot and 5% Malbec. It was harvested from September 18 to October 30, and the alcohol weighed in at 14.5%. Deep garnet-purple in color, exuberant notes of warm plums, ripe black and red currants and black cherries come bounding out of the glass with suggestions of cedar chest, unsmoked cigars and beef drippings. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is simply singing with juicy black fruits and velvety tannins, finishing long with some baking spice hints coming through. Open for business now, this wine can easily be cellared for 20 years or more."
- Item #: i_210430Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of 44% Cabernet Sauvignon, 36% Merlot, 9% Petit Verdot, 7% Malbec, and 4% Cabernet Franc, this Bordeaux-varietal blend displays aromas of concentrated fruit and spice, with layers of red currant, cassis, cinnamon, vanilla and clove, as well as hints of earthy forest floor, wild sage and sweet toasty oak. On the palate, plush, impeccably balanced tannins carry the lush red and black fruit flavors to an elegant, lingering finish.
- Item #: i_236040Bottle Size: 750mlSourced principally from Charles Krug's five family estates in Yountville, their Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon displays black fruit aromas with hints of brown sugar and toffee. This medium bodied wine showcases a rich melange of cherry, blackberry and black currant flavors set against a beautifully integrated backdrop of lightly toasted oak, all leading to a smooth lingering finish.
- Item #: i_243880Bottle Size: 750MLWinery's Notes: "At its core, wine embodies the very best of optimism. Even amidst challenging times, the fundamental belief in a better future pervades the thoughts and actions of everyone involved from kicking bare dirt to pulling the cork. It drives the development of new vineyards, spurring years of sweat and investment before yielding a single berry. It sparks the imagination of winemakers, painting the picture of possibility, justifying vigilance and detail-driven focus. Moreover, it promises a reward for patience and hope. We're regularly amazed by the stories of special bottles of Montelena, stashed away for years, destined for a single day and are incredibly happy to be part of that moment in time. It's in that same vein of optimism, in looking forward, that we continue to hone our craft, improve our corner of the planet, support our community, and bring joy through each bottle we share."
Dark garnet, nearly violet in the glass, the aromatic intensity of this wine is irresistible. Fresh berries and dried cherries comingle with bergamot, lavender, mint, gunpowder, and sage without a single element dominating another. On the palate, the wine is fresh and dynamic, with cranberry, cola, and raspberry jam. The acidity is laser focused, the spine pulling the layers of flavor into harmony with the wine’s supple, yet dense, structure. The tannins here serve to elevate not overwhelm the kinetic balance of texture, ripeness, and vineyard character.
- Item #: i_210850Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine has a deep purple hue and a brightness in its fruit character, which is seductive. Lush aromas of cherry cola, cassis and a slight hint permeate the aromatics. This wine is elegant and round as one should expect from Stags Leap District fruit. It also has a brightness in acidity, which gives the finish of this wine both liveliness and length.
- Item #: i_211130Bottle Size: 750mlRian translates to "seasonal creek" in proprietor Dino's Genovese dialect. Grapes are sourced from two vineyard blocks split by a creek lined with olive trees. The vines are planted in a porous volcanic base with thin top soil, providing excellent drainage and therefore, very small, intense berries.
Only 133 cases of this wine were produced, and the 2017 Rian's deep dark plum color leans toward almost black. An edgier wine all around due to the vineyard block's slightly lower elevation and creek side location. Aromas of dark roasted coffee, cocoa, cinnamon stick and dark summer berries all lift out of the glass. Then touches of dry rose petal and lavender make smelling this wine almost as enjoyable as drinking the wine.
The palate's entry divulges caramel combined with vanilla and concentrated ripe strawberry and blackberry. Accents of maple syrup and dry grass enter later and the finish shows a bit more tannin that balances beautifully with the above mentioned components for a long luxuriant finish.
- Item #: i_214710Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon (Stags Leap District) shows off the more extroverted side of the year to great effect. Inky dark fruit, chocolate, leather, lavender, spice, menthol and cloves are all amped up. The 2017 is a rich, explosive wine built on flamboyance and volume. This large-scaled, potent Cabernet Sauvignon has a ton to offer. Best of all, with a case production of over 5,500, it will be relatively easy to find, and is just as nearly as exceptional as the flagship bottlings in this range. In a word: superb."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "A year in, year out value, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is a winner in 2017, giving up loads of sweet fruit and medium to full-bodied richness as well as textbook notes of sweet cassis, cedary spice, dried flowers, and earth. It's complex, beautifully balanced, and a terrific wine. This is a sure bet in the vintage that will keep for a solid 15-20 years."
- Item #: i_212030Bottle Size: 750MLOnce in the glass, the Clos Pegase Estate Cabernet Sauvignon reflects an opaque dark purple core. As the aromatics waft towards the nose, they deliver generous layers of cassis, antique wood, cigar box and black currant. On the palate, brooding dark fruits give way to briar, black currant and forest floor. More subtle notes of graphite, wet clay and seasoned leather, transition across the palate. The tannins are nicely balanced by the lush fruits which are in-turn kept fresh by the crisp acidity. This Cabernet Sauvignon continues to evolve on the palate showing depth and complexity with a lengthy finish.