- Item #: i_205310Bottle Size: 750mlBeringer Vineyards has owned and farmed its Knights Valley vineyards since the mid-1960s, when the Beringer family recognized that the cobbled, rocky alluvial soils were a great place to grow high quality wine grapes. The Knights Valley designation was first used on a Beringer label in 1974. Beringer was instrumental in garnering official recognition for the area in 1983 as a premier wine growing region with the award of its own American Viticulture Area (AVA) designation.
This approachable and delicious Cabernet Sauvignon is a generous Bordeaux blend, with soft and silky tannins and a plush, full mouth-feel. Although this wine is built to age and develop further complexity, the generous and juicy upfront fruit makes it extremely enjoyable in its youth. Aromas of dried herbs, lavender, fresh boysenberry and lanolin join flavors of dark fruit led by figs, black cherry, and currants. The pronounced oak spice notes work well with the more traditional Knights Valley tones of black olive, wild sage and mocha. The wine is well-balanced with good acidity, structured tannins and a superbly elegant finish.
- Item #: i_214580Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93A new project from the owners of Sinegal winery, Details is a bold Cabernet Sauvignon that blends Merlot, Petite Sirah, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot from Sonoma County. This vintage features fruit from the AVA’s of Sonoma Valley, Knights Valley, Alexander Valley, Dry Creek, and Chalk Hill.
Each specific appellation was chosen for its unique composition and contribution to the overall blend. The majority of this vintage hails from the Sonoma Valley AVA, from a premier eastern hillside site, along the Mayacamas Mountains behind Oakville. We wanted to balance the masculine structure with softer feminine qualities to arrive at a truly approachable wine when young, while improving with age—if you have the patience to wait. The tension between immediate versus delayed gratification. Your call...
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Details Cabernet Sauvignon is a new project from David Sinegal and winemaker Ryan Knoth made from a collection of top sites in Sonoma County, with a strong focus on Moon Mountain. Silky, yet powerful, with striking depth, the 2018 is simply magnificent. Readers will find a mid-weight, savory Cabernet Sauvignon. Best of all, the 2018 is a ridiculous value in today's world."
- Item #: i_229120Bottle Size: 750mlGail is a limited production, family-owned operation with a focus on the Sonoma Valley. Their single vineyard wines are produced from rare, backyard vineyards to established sites throughout the Sonoma Valley appellation, each bottle is numbered for release. Doris is their sister label, a nod to the European table wines their great aunt would serve to friends and family while hosting traditional Italian-American feasts in her backyard.
This, the inaugural release of Cabernet Sauvignon under the Doris label wine, is all from a single vineyard planted in the Warm Springs region of Sonoma Valley. These vines sit at the base of Sonoma Mountain. A dense forest of live oaks and pines mingle with Sonoma's signature eucalyptus trees offering up notes of wintergreen and menthol. The site is notorious for ripening late into the growing season, allowing the fruit to develop at the perfect pace. Offering up a spectrum of flavors from blueberry to blackberry.
- Item #: i_228430Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "Lovely aromas of rose petal, sage and blood orange zest elevate the core juicy fruit of pomegranate, Bing cherry and guava. The flavors echo the aromas with the addition of cranberry, pink grapefruit and an elegant minerality. Balanced acidity and fine tannins along with red fruit and earth flavors unfold across the palate, ending with a long, mineral-driven finish."
- Item #: i_223830Bottle Size: 750MLIn 1980, screenwriter Robert Kamen purchased 280 acres of the southwestern slopes of the Mayacamas Range in Sonoma County. This mountainous property was rugged, overgrown, extremely rocky and very remote: virgin territory with no roads and no power. It was isolated, wild, beautiful and full of potential. Viticulturist Phil Coturri was brought into the project to develop and oversee the master plan. The vineyards are all biodynamically farmed. His vineyards are located in Sonoma Valley, on the backside of Mount Veeder, and year after year this is one of the finest Cabernets to come out of the area. 2018 was not a great vintage only in Napa; in fact, this shows that some of the Napa guys can still learn a thing or two from Sonoma!
With phenomenal concentration, this wine has a core of ripe black-raspberries, wild blackberries, black currants and freshly picked cherries that anchor the aromatic profile. Bright notes of freshly picked wildflowers followed by hints of sunbaked rocks after the rain, marzipan, Oolong tea, black cardamom and milk chocolate add tremendous depth and complexity. The flavors follow suit and are richly layered, exquisitely balanced and refined. This deliciously seamless wine offers ripe, mouthwatering tannins and a lengthy finish. Enjoy now and over its decades long evolution.
- Item #: i_236250Bottle Size: 750MLRich and boldly flavored, this Sonoma Valley Cabernet offers an intriguing bouquet of vanilla, raspberry and caramel that wraps around a core of black cherry, cassis and raspberry flavors. Kunde's estate Cabernet's rich, chewy tannins play across the palate and linger on the wine's complex finish.