- Item #: i_214460Bottle Size: 750mlFermented in a combination of oak upright tanks, small barrel, concrete tanks, and open-top stainless steel fermenters, the 2015 Vaso is aromatically complex and captures the different terroirs and varieties of this Cabernet blend with fragrances of red currant, plums, sage, and loam with hints of tobacco box and spices. The entry has flavors of Bing cherries and dried herbs as the hillside tannins fills out the mid palate. The wine supple yet structured palate. Ripe strawberry, forest floor, and a light minerality linger on the finish. Lush and approachable now, this wine will continue to develop as the years pass.
- Item #: i_229030Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Galerie is a collection of wines devoted to showcasing two of California's foremost wine growing regions - Napa Valley and Knights Valley. Winemaker Laura Diaz Munoz brings these growing regions to life by vinifying the wines in exactly the same way, allowing the natural difference in the fruit characteristics to express themselves in the glass.
For the Napa Valley, bottling, Laura blended fruit from some of the most prestigious vineyards in the valley; Stagecoach vineyard, Red Hen, Van Z, Diamond Mountain, and Spring Mountain. The wine was aged for 20 months in 60% new French oak.
ROBERT PARKER 92 POINTS - "Very deep garnet-purple in color, the 2015 Pleinair Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon delivers pronounced baked berries, prunes and warm black currant cordial notes with touches of baking spices, olives and dried herbs. Medium to full-bodied, it has concentrated baked black berry and savory layers with soft, velvety tannins and balanced freshness, finishing on a spicy note. 1,540 cases produced."
- Item #: i_270600Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc, 6% Malbec, 5% Rousanne, 3% Chardonnay, and 1% Petit Verdot, this wine opens with a melange of ripe black cherry, vanilla and violets, The Wheelman is plush and textured, dominated by boysenberry, dark cherry, milk chocolate, and cardamom. Well-balanced and rounded tannins lead to an elegant, bright, medium finish. Pair with grilled skirt steak in rosemary herbed butter or rosemary lamb chops with creamy polenta. Drink through 2032. Only 423 cases produced!
- Item #: i_236535Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 95+**Please note, this is a half sized bottleROBERT PARKER 95+ POINTS - "Blended of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8.5% Cabernet Franc, 7.5% Merlot, 6% Malbec and 3% Petit Verdot, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain has a deep garnet-purple color and nose of warm cassis, black berry pie and mulberries with touches of cedar, red roses and cloves plus a touch of cigar boxes. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has a great core of black and blue fruit layers framed by firm, ripe tannins and seamless freshness, finishing long. 2,362 cases produced."
- Item #: i_237260Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "The nose has deep cherry and blackberry enhanced by cocoa powder and hints of vanilla and toast. The youthful fruit and welcomed acidity are apparent from the first sip. The wine unfolds and offers a rich, mouth filling texture that persists. The layering and integration of flavors is simultaneously enticing and intriguing. This wine has aged beautifully and is ready for your table."
- Item #: i_253050Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsAbout 20 years ago, David Ramey was part of a select group of winemakers who became tired of "laboratory" or "squeaky clean" wines devoid of character. He wanted to bring terroir back into wines from California, and his success was the benefit of the consumer! David Ramey became known throughout the wine world as a winemaker associated with stellar quality, and he brought his expertise to brands such as Chalk Hill, Matanzas Creek, Dominus Estate, Rudd Estate, as well as his own brand. While the Ramey Chardonnays have been on the "center stage" for a few years, this release shows that his Cabernets can hang with some of the best in the Napa Valley...and at a MUCH lower price than others that sell for exponentially more!
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is a blend of 78% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Merlot, 7% Malbec and 3% Petit Verdot. Medium to deep ruby, it has an incredible nose of licorice, dried flowers and mint chocolate over black berries and black cherries, cedar shavings and pencil lead, plus spicy clove and star anise touches. Medium to full-bodied, it floods the mouth with plush flavor layers wrapped in chocolate-textured, pixelated tannins and great freshness to counter, finishing long and luscious. 7,177 cases produced."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon comes from a hot, sunny vintage yet has a pure, classy character. Notes of creme de cassis, tobacco, leafy herbs, and spring flowers are just some of the aromatics and it's medium-bodied, elegant, and incredibly polished on the palate. It's another wine from Ramey that's nicely balanced, with terrific purity and loads of class."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "David Ramey's 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley) is racy and inviting, with all of its natural exuberance on display. Another year in bottle has really helped the 2015 come together. Pretty red fruit and floral notes add a kick of brightness to balance the natural exuberance of the growing season."
- Item #: i_256670Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleBob Foley is a rock star in the wine industry and we are happy he never quit his day job of wine making to pursue his dream of playing guitar! If there was a Napa Valley hall of fame he would have our vote amongst inductees! Seriously though, Bob has been making wine since the late 1970s and has worked crafting some of Napa's finest cult wines including Hourglass, Paloma, Pride Mountain, Switchback Ridge and School House to name a few. While busy making wine for these awesome producers, Bob found the time to open and operate the Robert Foley Winery which has been in production for almost 20 years earning him a reputation for producing very expressive wines that finish gracefully.
- Item #: i_256600Bottle Size: 750mlBob Foley is a rock star in the wine industry and we are happy he never quit his day job of wine making to pursue his dream of playing guitar! If there was a Napa Valley hall of fame he would have our vote amongst inductees! Seriously though, Bob has been making wine since the late 1970s and has worked crafting some of Napa's finest cult wines including Hourglass, Paloma, Pride Mountain, Switchback Ridge and School House to name a few. While busy making wine for these awesome producers, Bob found the time to open and operate the Robert Foley Winery which has been in production for almost 20 years earning him a reputation for producing very expressive wines that finish gracefully.
- "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (100% Cabernet Sauvignon from Calistoga, Mt. Veeder and Atlas Peak) is essentially the same size, maybe slightly more concentrated, with more noticeable tannin, but again, much like most wines from this vintage, it possesses wonderful, charming, nearly irresistibly ripe, juicy fruit, succulence, opulence and a medium to full-bodied personality. Drink it over the next 12-15 years."
- Item #: i_264430Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 74% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot, 7% Malbec, 5% Cabernet Franc, and 4% Petit Verdot, this wine presents with deep shades of reds and purples. Aromas of dark fruit, blackberry and black plum combine with elements of espresso, vanillin and molasses, as well as notes of smoky oak and dusty terroir. Flavors of dark plum and cassis follow with anise and toasted barrel attributes. This red blend offers a finely textured silky structure with density and a graceful appeal.
- Item #: i_274820Bottle Size: 750mlRich red cherries are abundant on the nose accompanied by notes of plum, blackberry compote, muddled blueberries, cocoa, and a hint of baking spices. The Cabernet is incredibly rich in flavor but surprisingly elegant and velvety in structure. Chocolate covered black cherries and beautiful blackberries are present throughout the core. Hints of molasses and barrel spices round out the silky finish on this rich Cabernet Sauvignon.