- Item #: i_235140Bottle Size: 750mlIn the heart of Napa Valley's Calistoga region lies a property that amazes both the sightseer, and the winemaker. Tom Kenefick's vineyard has been the source for many high-scoring wines from Lewis, Behren's and Hitchcock, and Cade.
Aged for 18 months in 65% new French oak, this wine has bright briary fruit nuance, dried cherry notes, and Baker's Chocolate greet the nose. Softly rounded tannins, underlined by cassis, and hints of creme brulee. Good to drink now but is a contender for cellaring 10 to 15 years.
- Item #: i_235900Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS - "A barrel sample, the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon features a deep garnet-purple, singing on the nose of freshly crushed black cherries, black berry pie and warm plums over a core of cassis and pencil lead plus nuances of violets, cinnamon stick and underbrush. Medium to full-bodied, the palate delivers mouth-coating, crunchy black fruit with a firm backbone of ripe, grainy tannins and just enough freshness, finishing long and spicy."
- Item #: i_270600Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc, 6% Malbec, 5% Rousanne, 3% Chardonnay, and 1% Petit Verdot, this wine opens with a melange of ripe black cherry, vanilla and violets, The Wheelman is plush and textured, dominated by boysenberry, dark cherry, milk chocolate, and cardamom. Well-balanced and rounded tannins lead to an elegant, bright, medium finish. Pair with grilled skirt steak in rosemary herbed butter or rosemary lamb chops with creamy polenta. Drink through 2032. Only 423 cases produced!
- Item #: i_270925Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96+Brothers Jan and Bart Krupp were told they were crazy for planting a vineyard on hills with such rocky soil. But when they were done, the quality was so intense that wineries such as Caymus, Paul Hobbs, Pahlmeyer, Miner, and Selene were buying their grapes, not to mention those who called them crazy, too!
The vineyard lies in an area known to the Napa locals as Foss Valley, surrounded by Atlas Peak to the south, Pritchard Hill to the north, and Oakville to the east. The soils, elevations, and exposures creat the IDEAL conditions for a variety of grapes, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Chardonnay, Syrah, Viognier, and Sangiovese.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Sporting a deep purple-black color and nose of creme de cassis, blackberries and violets with hints of cedar, bay leaves, Marmite toast and charcuterie, Krupp Brothers' 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon M5 Stagecoach is rich, intense and concentrated in the full-bodied mouth, with very firm, grainy tannins and seamless acid, finishing long and layered with spices coming through."
- Item #: i_270920Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc with smaller portions of Malbec and Petit Verdot, the deep garnet-purple colored 2015 Synchrony Proprietary Red offers up aromas of red currant jelly, kirsch and wild blueberry over a pencil shavings, lavender and cinnamon stick core plus a touch of tobacco. Full-bodied, rich and concentrated on the palate, it displays firm, grainy tannins and layers of perfumed red fruits and earthy notions, finishing on a spicy note."
- Item #: i_236080Bottle Size: 750mlKuleto Estate is secluded deep in the wild solitude of eastern Napa. Their vineyards are scattered along the steep hillsides and windblown ridges above the valley floor, and about 8 miles back. At Kuleto, blocks and varieties are harvested in the order that they ripen...nothing unusual there. But instead of waiting for enough of a particular variety to ripen fully for the sake of having a pure tank or lot, Kuleto combines whatever fruit happens to be perfectly ripe at the moment. While co-fermentation of different varieties has not been the default protocol in the New World, it is intuitive and natural. It's also the genesis of their multi-varietal blends.
A blend of Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, and Merlot, this Rhone style blend is made for pure indulgence. India Ink is rich, full, oak driven and hedonistic. Selecting barrels and wine lots revolves around creating a blend that is deep purple in color, loaded with blue-black fruit aromas, and is meaty, rich and powerful on the palate. It exudes fresh red fruit and spice with hints of smoke and earth reminiscent of a once inhabited cave. These aromas continue to the palate, where blue and black fruits are complemented by hints of black pepper and dark chocolate. Pair India Ink with a grilled steak and vegetables.
- Item #: i_236535Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 95+**Please note, this is a half sized bottleROBERT PARKER 95+ POINTS - "Blended of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8.5% Cabernet Franc, 7.5% Merlot, 6% Malbec and 3% Petit Verdot, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain has a deep garnet-purple color and nose of warm cassis, black berry pie and mulberries with touches of cedar, red roses and cloves plus a touch of cigar boxes. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has a great core of black and blue fruit layers framed by firm, ripe tannins and seamless freshness, finishing long. 2,362 cases produced."
- Item #: i_236530Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 97+ROBERT PARKER's WINE ADVLCATE 97+ POINTS - "A blend of 77% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Cabernet Franc, 7% Malbec, 5% Merlot and 3% Petit Verdot, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain is deep garnet-purple colored and features gregarious crème de cassis, black cherry preserves and baked plums with touches of Indian spices, cigar box and charcuterie. Full, firm and decadently fruited, it has a fantastic foundation and very long, layered and expressive finish. 3,202 cases produced."
JEB DUNNUCK 96+ POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain checks in as a blend of 77% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Malbec, Merlot, and Petit Verdot. It offers a sensational bouquet of blackcurrants, blackberries, black cherries, savory herbs, bay leaf, and earth. It's medium to full-bodied, beautiful, elegant, has vibrant acidity, fine tannins, and a smoking good finish. It's another age-worthy wine from this terrific estate that needs short-term cellaring and will keep for 30+ years."
- Item #: i_236560Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 95This Cabernet Franc wine comes from an exceptional little vineyard planted in 1976 next to La Jota's century-old stone winery on Howell Mountain. Grafted onto resistant St. George rootstock, it escaped the ravages of phylloxera to become one of the oldest Cabernet Franc vineyards in Napa County. The old vines self-regulate so there's no need to thin crop, pull leaves, or in any other way adjust the grape-to-canopy ratio. Year after year, the grapes are intensely flavored and beautifully balanced. Not many wineries produce Cabernet Franc and this wine definitely captures the essence of La Jota terroir.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Franc Howell Mountain is very deep purple-black colored and gives expressive black cherries, kirsch, warm blackberries and boysenberry scents with touches of sawdust, red roses, camphor and cinnamon stick plus a waft of stewed tea. Full-bodied, the palate reveals a lot of depth with tons of red and black fruit layers and savory accents, framed by ripe, firm, grainy tannins, finishing with a refreshing lift and some mineral notions coming through."
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "Lastly, the 2017 Cabernet Franc comes from three separate parcels and is 100% Cabernet Franc aged in 92% new French oak. It's an awesome bottle of wine with classic Franc black tea and forest floor notes as well as perfumed black raspberry fruits, lots of floral and bay leaf hints, medium to full body, fine tannins, and a terrific sense of elegance. It's a classy wine to enjoy any time over the coming 15-20 years."
- Item #: i_237170Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96JEB DUNNUCK 96+ POINTS - "The flagship cuvee, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon J. Daniel Cuvee is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon brought up in 75% new French oak. Rocking levels of cassis, graphite, vanilla, scorched earth, and tobacco all flow to a full-bodied Cabernet that has building tannins, a terrific, deep, layered mid-palate, and a great finish. It's still tight and backward on the palate, and in need of 4-5 years of bottle age, but it's a beautiful wine in the making."
- Item #: i_237150Bottle Size: 750MLLail's Blueprint wines are made as a modern interpretation of the most classical Bordeaux varieties, attempting and succeeding in capturing the ever-shining sunlight of the Napa Valley to transform it into robustly flavorful wines that drink beautifully upon release. The term 'crowd pleaser' comes to mind! "Blueprint" is named after Jon Lail's highly regarded architectural design achievements. The Cabernet Sauvignon is predominately Cabernet Sauvignon with additions of Merlot and Petit Verdot. The grapes hail from properties all throughout the Napa Valley AVA. The wine is aged for roughly 18 months in French oak, of which 55% is new.
Aromatically this wine emerges from the glass with scents of blackberries, pencil lead, eucalyptus, and fine vanilla. On the palate the fruit is dark and nearly jammy, with warm baking spices and soft, well integrated tannins.
- Item #: i_237020Bottle Size: 750MLJohn & Tracey Skupney's 214 Cabernet Franc (named after the specific clone used in the wine) is viewed as a 'Vin de Garde', or a wine to age, meaning that with proper cellaring the wine will display additional complexities and nuance.
This is the seventh vintage of Lang & Reed "Two-Fourteen" Cabernet Franc, which displays a brilliant crimson color with a typical, youthful violet-blue edge. The aroma distills white and red cherry with an ethereal "sous bois" (or forest floor) impression. On the palate, this wine possesses bright and pure Cabernet Franc flavors of firm black cherry, cassis and graphite, which are expansive and made mouthwatering by ample fresh fruit acidity. The finish is supported by solid, but not oppressive, tannins, which have flavor elements that provide memorable length. This is a fresh and exacting expression of Cabernet Franc, attributed to the 214 clone, that will serve well now or gain in complexity with additional bottle age.
- Item #: i_237250Bottle Size: 750mlA deep ruby robe, with darker black fruit and mineral aromas on the nose. The palate brightens into a ripe strawberry, raspberry and boysenberry core, layered with notes of black licorice and nutmeg. Fluid and smooth, this wine blends rich fruit complexity, elegant freshness, and well-integrated tannins. This vintage is delightful at release, but also worthy of cellaring another 2-6 years. This is every thing you would expect from the winemaking team of Steve Matthiasson and Julien Fayard (Philippe Melka's previous director of winemaking at Lail, Gemstone, Vineyard 29 and more).
- Item #: i_236850Bottle Size: 750MLThe Sweetwater Ranch vineyard produces grapes with intense flavors and individuality that sets it apart from other Napa Cabernets. These grapes possess intense flavors and overall balance, which makes Sweetwater Ranch a beautifully bold Cabernet Sauvignon. Deep, dark purple in appearance. Lovely vanilla sandalwood notes with plum and wild cherry on the nose. Rich and mouth-filling with friendly flavors of plum and black fig fruit. Topped only by a luxurious finish of dark chocolate.
- Item #: i_236710Bottle Size: 750mlIn the wine world, there are a small number of winemakers that garner just a little extra attention from us buyers. That's because these select few winemakers are known for perennially producing some of the best wines from a given region…Andy Ericson is one of those winemakers! Andy started his winemaking career at Harlan, then Staglin, and has been the winemaker at Screaming Eagle, Staglin, Ovid, Dancing Hares, and others!
With years of winemaking and vineyard-walking under his belt, Andy was often given the "inside scoop" on vineyards that make extraordinary wine, but were "under the radar" by most winemakers. Taking this information, Andy created Leviathan in 2004. The goal was simple: to create one, unique red wine, drawn from some of the best vineyards in Northern California. The resulting bottling, was born of a passion for blending Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Merlot and Cabernet Franc, to create a full-bodied wine with a character all of its own. Since then, he has remained true to the goal of producing a rich, distinctly Californian red blend, year after year.
Receiving high praise and scores isn't new to this wine, as this wine has received 94 points the past three years in a row! The consistency is there, and the wine is here at Hi-Time for you!
- Item #: i_237470Bottle Size: 750MLSporting some Senior-year swagger, Lewis Cellars' 2018 Mason's Cabernet is front-loaded with black plum, cherry, chocolate and cedary spice. Sourced from several of the same vineyards as our Napa Cabernet this wine is boldly fruited yet youthful with tons of juicy character and a deliciously fresh finish.
- Item #: i_237930Bottle Size: 750mlWinery's Tasting Notes: "Our 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet is deliciously well-dressed with black currants, Godiva chocolate, kidskin gloves, and plenty of gravitas. Plush fruits and fresh character are deftly woven with mocha, cedar and tobacco spices all stitched with a supple hand and topped with tidy coat-tails."
- Item #: i_237260Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "The nose has deep cherry and blackberry enhanced by cocoa powder and hints of vanilla and toast. The youthful fruit and welcomed acidity are apparent from the first sip. The wine unfolds and offers a rich, mouth filling texture that persists. The layering and integration of flavors is simultaneously enticing and intriguing. This wine has aged beautifully and is ready for your table."
- Item #: i_240110Bottle Size: 750mlThe Louis Martini winery has been crafting world-class Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa and Sonoma's finest vineyards since 1933. Founder Louis M. Martini started with this simple premise: the best grapes make the best wines. Today, this tradition carries on at their historic winery in the Napa Valley with a range of unforgettable Cabernet Sauvignon wines.
The Louis M. Martini winery is one of the original five Napa wineries founded in 1933 after Prohibition. In keeping with Louis' tradition of innovation, they pioneered the use of temperature controlled fermentation, the use of wind machines to combat frost damage, as well as studying clonal selections on specific terroirs. All of which have become industry standards.
Since then, the Louis Martini winery has gone from one level of greatness to the next. Robert M. Parker, Jr. tweeted that Martini's Sonoma Cabernet is among the best Cabernets in the world among its peers, their Lot 1 Cabernet Sauvignon has earned the perfect 100-point score, and now, their Napa Valley bottling has been one of the biggest hits in our store for the dollar!
- Item #: i_238840Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92Like every top Chateau in Bourdeaux, the great Spottswoode Estate also has a second label: Lyndenhurst. The allure is that you get to taste a blueprint of the flagship bottling earlier, and in a very approachable fashion. The Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon enjoys the same pedigree as Spottswoode (which has earned a perfect 100 points score for their last two vintages) and shares characteristics easily recognizable to those already familiar with the essence of the Spottswoode estate. All organically farmed and aged in French oak barrels for 20 months, this wine truly shows the power and exceedingly high quality of the 2016 vintage!
On the approach, the 2016 Lyndenhurst sings a polished and youthful tone and soon reveals generosity and sophistication. The progression is long and opulent, punctuated by notes of cedar, winter mint, bergamot, briar, sandalwood, and chestnuts. There are layers of fruit-blueberry and soft, dark cherry open to aromas of blackberry, intermingled with warming notes of vanilla bean and cocoa powder. The wine is held together with a bright, linear acidity complemented by dark, silken tannins that together leave a lingering finish.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Another gorgeous wine in this range, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Lyndenhurst is wonderfully fresh, vibrant and nuanced. Black cherry, plum, spice, lavender, new leather and menthol overtones develop in the glass, but like so many 2016s, the Lyndenhurst simply dazzles with its exquisite balance and total class."
- Item #: i_238800Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Like every top Château in Bordeaux, the great Spottswoode Estate also has a second label: Lyndenhurst. The allure is that you get to taste a blueprint of the flagship bottling earlier, and in a very approachable fashion. The Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon enjoys the same pedigree as Spottswoode (which has earned a perfect 100 points score for their last two vintages) and shares characteristics easily recognizable to those already familiar with the essence of the Spottswoode estate. All organically farmed and aged in French oak barrels for 20 months, this wine truly shows the power and exceedingly high quality of the 2015 vintage! On the approach, the 2015 Lyndenhurst sings a polished and youthful tone and soon reveals generosity and sophistication. The progression is long and opulent, punctuated by notes of cedar, winter mint, bergamot, briar, sandalwood, and chestnuts. There are layers of fruit—blueberry and soft, dark cherry opening to aromas of blackberry, intermingled with warming notes of vanilla bean and cocoa powder. The wine is held together with a bright, linear acidity complemented by dark, silken tannins that together leave a lingering finish.
ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Lyndenhurst is pliant, supple and inviting. Dark cherry jam, plum, chocolate, spice and new leather are pushed forward in this racy, succulent Cabernet Sauvignon. A wine with no hard edges and plenty of allure, the 2015 will drink well with minimal cellaring. In the Lyndenhurst, readers will find an affordable Cabernet that showcases the best 2015 has to offer, in its peer group, naturally."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "This is Spottswoode's second wine. Around 50% to 55% of the fruit comes from the estate. The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Lyndenhurst is mainly Cabernet Sauvignon (80%) with 12% Merlot and splashes of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, it delivers bold, enticing black cherries, mulberries and warm plums scents with touches of cassis, fragrant earth, unsmoked cigars and menthol plus a waft of bay leaves. Medium-bodied, the earth-laced black fruit dances on the palate, supported by plush tannins and finishing on an allspice-laced note."
- Item #: i_238850Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+Like every top Château in Bordeaux, the great Spottswoode Estate also has a second label: Lyndenhurst. The allure is that you get to taste a blueprint of the flagship bottling earlier, and in a very approachable fashion. The Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon enjoys the same pedigree as Spottswoode (which has earned a perfect 100 points score for their last two vintages) and shares characteristics easily recognizable to those already familiar with the essence of the Spottswoode estate.
Aged for 20 months in French oak barrels, with crimson fruits and bramble, the 2017 Lyndenhurst unveils aromas of fresh thyme, cedar, lilac, juniper, and a wild understory. Fine, silken tannins entice the palate through an array of textures. All the while, a resonating acidity brings dynamism and precision through this wine's long, layered progression. This is a wine with a refined poise in youth with a unique ability to offer enjoyment in its early years.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Lyndenhurst is blended of 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc, 2% Malbec and 1% Petit Verdot. Deep garnet-purple in color, it offers soft spoken notes of dried lavender, wild blueberries, fresh black currants and kirsch plus hints of dried herbs, unsmoked cigars and spice cake. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has a solid structure of ripe, grainy tannins and plenty of freshness to support the muscular, beautifully retrained flavors, finishing on a lingering earthy note."
- Item #: i_241330Bottle Size: 750ml"Old school", "classic" Napa Cabernet crafted by a young, passionate team helmed by Steve Matthiasson. The fruit for this wine is 93% Cabernet Sauvignon farmed by Steve Matthiasson. It’s a combination of Vinyards from Coombsville, Oak Knoll and Rutherford with 7% Cabernet Franc farmed by Doug Hill in Coombsville. The oak is 100% French, 50% new from mixed forests & coopers and was inspired by Warren Winiarski’s barrel regime from the early 1970’s. Fermentation was in stainless steel tank and elevage was 22 months. All Vinyards are farmed organically and the ingredients are; grapes, yeast and SO2. No mega purple, no velcorin etc...This one builds in its quiet intensity wth an hour or two of air, pretty stuff!
- Item #: i_241380Bottle Size: 750ml'Old school', 'classic' Napa Cabernet crafted by a young, passionate team helmed by Steve Matthiasson. The fruit for this wine is 93% Cabernet Sauvignon farmed by Steve Matthiasson. It’s a combination of Vinyards from Coombsville, Oak Knoll and Rutherford with 7% Cabernet Franc farmed by Doug Hill in Coombsville. The oak is 100% French, 50% new from mixed forests & coopers and was inspired by Warren Winiarski’s barrel regime from the early 1970’s. Fermentation was in stainless steel tank and elevage was 22 months. All Vinyards are farmed organically and the ingredients are; grapes, yeast and SO2. No mega purple, no velcorin etc...This one builds in its quiet intensity with an hour or two of air, pretty stuff!
- Item #: i_239820Bottle Size: 750mlSourced heavily from the cool, southern Oak Knoll region, and blended with carefully selected pieces from some of Martin Ray's more revered premium Napa Valley vineyard sites, this wine exemplified the varied and complementary styles that define each sub-appellation. The diversity among the vineyards ultimately gives Martin Ray the advantage of being able to blend a wine that displays the intense aromas and flavors that are characteristic to each unique region.
Deep notes of chocolate covered cherry, dense cassis, and cacao nib. Blueberry throughout, with allspice, green peppercorn, and supple integrated tannins