- Item #: i_229110Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Juicy, with an engaging mix of red currant, blood orange and raspberry coulis fruit, laced with rooibos tea, mineral, sassafras and mineral notes. Ripe and tightly focused, showing a racy edge that imparts nice lift from start to finish. Best from 2020 through 2035. 2,086 cases made"
- Item #: i_229230Bottle Size: 750mlIn 2002, Heitz planted cabernet vines on Howell Mountain near the gateway to the Linda Falls Preserve. That same year they donated an adjacent 21 acres to the Land Trust as a conservation easement for the preserve, for hikers and nature lovers to enjoy the splendor of the waterfall, which runs year-round. Stretching above the fog at an average elevation of 1500 feet, this area is known for well-drained, volcanic soils and a cooler climate which results in longer hangtime. The vines are planted in narrow rows, deliberately positioned to capture the strongest rays of the summer sun. As the fruit matures, the dense spacing and abundant sunshine leads to a low yield of smaller berries with thick, deeply-hued skins. This picturesque, hilly vineyard is surrounded by pine trees, deer, and bears; a truly special slice of Napa Valley.
Winemaker's Notes: "Its full palate shows how refined and elegant a Howell Mountain wine can be; a firm tannin structure yet silky, with a juicy lingering finish. Undeniably made in the classic Heitz style, it has a liveliness to it with balanced acidity."
- Item #: i_230060Bottle Size: 750mlAllomi Cabernet Sauvignon offers distinct notes of vanilla and oak spice with red fruit flavors set off by flavors of currant and blackberry with integrated tannins and a round, plush mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_230190Bottle Size: 750MLMichael and James Stewart have teamed up with world-renowned winemaker Paul Hobbs to craft noteworthy Cabernet Sauvignons, Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays from California. The wines have become favorites with both customers and staff; a few years ago they came out with Hollis-- a second label to showcase their house style at a more affordable price.
Fruit forward, well balanced, with well integrated French oak, this wine is sure to be a crowd pleaser. With fruit sourced from Max Vineyard, Hollis is crafted with the help of their consulting winemaker, Paul Hobbs.
- Item #: i_230700Bottle Size: 750MLAn elegant, balanced, Cabernet with flavors of black cherry, plum, and black tea, and hints of nutmeg, allspice, cassis, vanilla, and anise. The broad mid-palate is rich, the finish is long, and the tannins are lush.
- Item #: i_230820Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is a made exclusively from the UCD 7 clone of Cabernet Sauvignon grown in mineral ash and decomposed volcanic rock. The fruit was hand selected, clusters were sorted prior to destemming, and the berries were sorted after destemming to remove any imperfect fruit. This small lot underwent native fermentation in an open-top tank, managed with hand punch downs and a long extended maceration. The new wine was racked into carefully selected new French oak barrels and aged for twenty months before bottling unfined and unfiltered.
Deep blue-red in hue, the wines aroma's are of black raspberry, cherry, hibiscus, smoke, and spice. Focused and mineral, cherry and currant flavors saturate the palate and are joined by pencil-lead, sweet mint, and cedar. The wine finishes with fine-structured tannins, espresso and dark fruit. This full-bodied Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon should drink well for a decade or more, revealing more as it ages.
- Item #: i_234950Bottle Size: 750mlA challenge to high elevation Argentinean Malbec, Ilaria’s 2012 Malbec Dr. Reid Vineyard is a blend of 95% Malbec and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon that spent 22 months in 50% new French oak. It reveals lots of chocolate, espresso roast, blackberry and blackcurrant fruit. Full-bodied and opulent, this is one of the finest examples of Malbec we have ever tasted from Napa.
- Item #: i_232380Bottle Size: 750mlJamieson Ranch Vineyards is the southernmost winery in the Napa Valley. The property's rolling hillsides and vineyards were formerly Part of General Mariano Vallejo's Rancho Suscol in the mid-1800's. Today, the ranching tradition continues with cattle grazing the hillsides, an apiary, and of course, prime vineyards. The soils are clay loam, which means the grapes will help give rich fruit profiles to the finished wine. Also, the excellent water drainage in the ground means smaller berries which helps to intensify color, aromas, and flavors. Combine this with the owners being good stewards of the land, along with the help of a fantastic winemaking, and you have some of the ingredients for producing amazing wine!
Most of the southern portion of the Napa Valley tends to be on the cool side, and prime location for grapes such as Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. But there are some warm pockets here-and-there where Bordeaux varietals like Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot thrive just as well as the rest of the valley. Jamieson Ranch sits in one of those pockets, and boy have they hit a home run with their Double Lariat Cabernet!
- Item #: i_250470Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2017 Insignia is a blend of 94% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Malbec and 2% Cabernet Franc coming from: 46% Las Rocas vineayrd (Stags Leap District), 22% Barboza vineyard (Stags Leap District), 13% Suscol vineyard (South Napa Valley), 10% Yountville vineyard (Oak Knoll District) and 9% Home Ranch (St. Helena). It was aged for 24 months in 100% new French oak barrels. Deep garnet-purple colored, it comes bounding out of the glass with exuberant scents of Black Forest cake, preserved plums and blueberry pie plus touches of redcurrant jelly, potpourri, clove oil and dark chocolate. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has gained weight from it's in-barrel offering, boasting rich, decadently perfumed black fruit preserves flavors with a racy backbone and velvety tannins, finishing long and spicy. 7,400 cases were made."
JEB DUNNUCK 95-97 POINTS - "Not yet bottled, the 2017 Insignia (which includes no Petit Verdot due to the frosts) offers both red and black fruits as well as lots of spice box, gravelly earth, and integrated oak. It opens up beautifully with time in the glass, is medium to full-bodied, has beautiful mid-palate depth and concentration, and a great finish. It's a classic, undeniable success in this challenging vintage."
- Item #: i_250780Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93Jeb Dunnuck: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91-93 POINTS - "Composed of 97% Cabernet Sauvignon, 1% Malbec and 2% Cabernet Franc, the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon reveals vivacious notions of crushed black currants, red currant jelly, fresh blackberries and Morello cherries with touches of garrigue, bay leaves, damp soil and cedar chest. Medium-bodied, the palate is wonderfully elegant and charged with energy, featured loads of crunchy black and red fruit plus a refreshing backbone, finishing on an appealing chewy note."
JEB DUNNUCK 90-92 POINTS - "The 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley is similarly colored and has terrific notes of creme de cassis, ground herbs, earth, and tobacco. It's fresh, medium-bodied, has good concentration, beautiful balance, and fine tannins."
- Item #: i_233850Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Vinous Media: 91ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "Keenan's 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley) is powerful and a bit rough around the edges although it is certainly not lacking in character. Dark red cherry, savory herb, earthiness, tobacco and cedar add to the wine's somewhat rustic personality, and yet there is more than enough depth in the fruit to balance things out. Medium to full in body, but very much classically built the 2016 has so much to offer, especially for readers who can look past a few small blemishes."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is deep garnet-purple colored with a plums, cassis and baked berries nose with violets, cedar, cigars and earth. The medium to full-bodied mouth is firm and grainy with decent concentration and an earthy finish."
- Item #: i_234000Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 97This 12-acre vineyard and winery is located in a small, yet highly-envied area in Napa Valley called Pickett Road. The residents wineries of the area include Kenefick Ranch, Hundred Acre, and Eisele...so you get the kind of grapes are grown here! Winemaker Rebecca George does an amazing job on this project.
ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "Proprietor Kelly Fleming has put together an all star team that also includes vineyard manager Mike Wolf and consulting winemaker Francoise Peschon, which is about as good as it gets. That commitment to quality comes through in the wines. Readers who have not yet tasted the Kelly Fleming wines owe it to themselves to do it. This Calistoga vineyard at the end of Pickett Road and near Kenefick Ranch, Eisele Vineyard and Hundred Acre's Few and Far Between, has produced a positively stellar set of wines over the last few vintages."
"Fleming's 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is powerful and dense, with tons of explosive energy driving the red cherry, plum, cedar, licorice and tobacco flavors. A brooding wine today, the 2015 has really shut down since I last tasted it, which is probably a very good thing for its long-term prospects. Pomegranate, blood orange, menthol, spice and new leather build into the potent finish. The 2015 is a total stunner. That's all there is to it."
- Item #: i_235100Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 50% Petit Verdot, 30% Merlot, and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, this wine displays black fruit, fresh vanilla bean, tobacco leaf on the nose. Bright acidity that lifts the fresh fruit nuances on the palate, integrating well with the large yet ripe tannin profile. Good to drink now and will cellar well for the next 15-25 years.
- Item #: i_235120Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 90Tom Kenefick's Ranch is one of the Crown Jewels Napa Valley's Calistoga AVA. The property is located off Picket Road, next to other noteworthy vineyards such as Araujo, Kelly Fleming, and Hundred Acre. Plus, Kenefick Ranch has been a source for top-notch wineries such as Lewis, Dalla Valle, and Behrens and Hitchcock.
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Chris's Cuvee offers tremendous intensity and a rich, extroverted style that can be enjoyed with minimal cellaring. Black cherry, plum, licorice, leather and spice all race out of the glass as this plush, dense Cabernet Sauvignon shows off its character."
JEB DUNNUCK 90 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Chris's Cuvee includes 10% Petit Verdot and, as with all these Kenefick Ranch wines, comes from the northern end of the valley, in Calistoga. Lots of mulled currants, plum, roasted coffee beans, and tobacco notes emerge from the glass, and it's medium to full-bodied, has a plush, balanced texture, ripe tannins, and solid length."
- Item #: i_235900Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS - "A barrel sample, the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon features a deep garnet-purple, singing on the nose of freshly crushed black cherries, black berry pie and warm plums over a core of cassis and pencil lead plus nuances of violets, cinnamon stick and underbrush. Medium to full-bodied, the palate delivers mouth-coating, crunchy black fruit with a firm backbone of ripe, grainy tannins and just enough freshness, finishing long and spicy."
- Item #: i_270600Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc, 6% Malbec, 5% Rousanne, 3% Chardonnay, and 1% Petit Verdot, this wine opens with a melange of ripe black cherry, vanilla and violets, The Wheelman is plush and textured, dominated by boysenberry, dark cherry, milk chocolate, and cardamom. Well-balanced and rounded tannins lead to an elegant, bright, medium finish. Pair with grilled skirt steak in rosemary herbed butter or rosemary lamb chops with creamy polenta. Drink through 2032. Only 423 cases produced!
- Item #: i_270925Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96+Brothers Jan and Bart Krupp were told they were crazy for planting a vineyard on hills with such rocky soil. But when they were done, the quality was so intense that wineries such as Caymus, Paul Hobbs, Pahlmeyer, Miner, and Selene were buying their grapes, not to mention those who called them crazy, too!
The vineyard lies in an area known to the Napa locals as Foss Valley, surrounded by Atlas Peak to the south, Pritchard Hill to the north, and Oakville to the east. The soils, elevations, and exposures creat the IDEAL conditions for a variety of grapes, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Chardonnay, Syrah, Viognier, and Sangiovese.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Sporting a deep purple-black color and nose of creme de cassis, blackberries and violets with hints of cedar, bay leaves, Marmite toast and charcuterie, Krupp Brothers' 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon M5 Stagecoach is rich, intense and concentrated in the full-bodied mouth, with very firm, grainy tannins and seamless acid, finishing long and layered with spices coming through."
- Item #: i_270920Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc with smaller portions of Malbec and Petit Verdot, the deep garnet-purple colored 2015 Synchrony Proprietary Red offers up aromas of red currant jelly, kirsch and wild blueberry over a pencil shavings, lavender and cinnamon stick core plus a touch of tobacco. Full-bodied, rich and concentrated on the palate, it displays firm, grainy tannins and layers of perfumed red fruits and earthy notions, finishing on a spicy note."
- Item #: i_236080Bottle Size: 750mlKuleto Estate is secluded deep in the wild solitude of eastern Napa. Their vineyards are scattered along the steep hillsides and windblown ridges above the valley floor, and about 8 miles back. At Kuleto, blocks and varieties are harvested in the order that they ripen...nothing unusual there. But instead of waiting for enough of a particular variety to ripen fully for the sake of having a pure tank or lot, Kuleto combines whatever fruit happens to be perfectly ripe at the moment. While co-fermentation of different varieties has not been the default protocol in the New World, it is intuitive and natural. It's also the genesis of their multi-varietal blends.
A blend of Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, and Merlot, this Rhone style blend is made for pure indulgence. India Ink is rich, full, oak driven and hedonistic. Selecting barrels and wine lots revolves around creating a blend that is deep purple in color, loaded with blue-black fruit aromas, and is meaty, rich and powerful on the palate. It exudes fresh red fruit and spice with hints of smoke and earth reminiscent of a once inhabited cave. These aromas continue to the palate, where blue and black fruits are complemented by hints of black pepper and dark chocolate. Pair India Ink with a grilled steak and vegetables.
- Item #: i_236535Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 95+**Please note, this is a half sized bottleROBERT PARKER 95+ POINTS - "Blended of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8.5% Cabernet Franc, 7.5% Merlot, 6% Malbec and 3% Petit Verdot, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain has a deep garnet-purple color and nose of warm cassis, black berry pie and mulberries with touches of cedar, red roses and cloves plus a touch of cigar boxes. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has a great core of black and blue fruit layers framed by firm, ripe tannins and seamless freshness, finishing long. 2,362 cases produced."