- Item #: i_230790Bottle Size: 750mlDeep ruby in color, the Austin Hope Cabernet Sauvignon expresses aromas of freshly picked black currants, ripe black cherries, and blackberries, with subtle notes of violets, mocha, and dried spices. On the palate, it's a big, powerful, modern-styled wine layered with heaps of juicy blackberry and cherry fruit, while nuances of cedar, clove, nutmeg and vanilla bean round out the long smooth finish. It's full-bodied and rich, balanced by fresh acidity and firm, polished tannins.
- Item #: i_207840Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 93% Cabernet Franc and 7% Petit Verdot, this wine has a dark garnet core, with brilliant clarity in the glass. Intense, effusively luscious flavors of ripe red berries with caramelised notes of fig, cherry, and plum, elegantly woven together in barrel. Long-finishing and tannically vivid, yet with a remarkably soft palate.
- Item #: i_214500Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94Along with Richard Sanford, Steve Beckmen has been one of the leaders of organic and biodynamic grape farmers in the Santa Ynez Valley… and he has quite the bevy of high scores to show he’s doing things right! The Beckmen family have two properties in Santa Barbara County, but their Cabernet comes predominantly from the estate surrounding their winery. The gravelly, well-drained soil and warm climate is a perfect match for Cabernet Sauvignon. Planted on the hilltops and slopes of the property where there is the least amount of topsoil, the vineyard is planted with higher density to moderate the amount of fruit each vine has to ripen. Also, the vineyard is planted with three great Cabernet Sauvignon clones each adding to the complexity of the finished wine.
2018 has turned out to be one of the best vintages the Central Coast has seen in over a decade! Couple the quality of the vintage, along with this wine’s sub-$30 price point, and the 94-point score from Antonio Galloni, and you have a wine that is making wineries in Napa, Sonoma, and Paso take note to what the Beckmens (and Santa Ynez Valley) are doing right!
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon (Santa Ynez Valley) is rich and explosive out of the glass. Inky dark fruit, grilled herbs, leather, licorice and a host of earthy notes flesh out in an expansive wine endowed with tremendous depth and complexity. This is such a gorgeous Cabernet Sauvignon."
- Item #: i_208450Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 95WINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - "Sinewy, earthy and full of spice, this well-made wine is lush and sumptuous, with firm, focused tannins and integrated oak. Black cherry, cinnamon and nutmeg meld on the structured, fullbodied palate, with a graceful hint of dark chocolate on the finish. This will do well in the cellar; enjoy 2025–2030."
Many years of farming and crafting Cabernet Sauvignon in the Napa Valley across appellations as diverse as Oakville, Howell Mountain, Stags Leap District and St. Helena, has helped the Nickel Family to intimately know the very best sites — each with its defining characteristics — from which to create Bella Union Cabernet.
Upon first sip, Bella Union offers exuberant plum and black cherry aromas, signature notes of the Bella Union Vineyard. The wine is luscious with supple tannins that provide a framework for longevity. The finish lingers with persistent fruit flavors and notes of toasty oak, black pepper and espresso bean.
- Item #: i_275130Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Wine Spectator: 90Jeb Dunnuck: 91JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The entry-level 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon lacks the intensity and depth of the Lynch Family Vineyard, yet has attractive blackcurrants, blueberries, cedarwood, and graphite aromas, medium to full body, supple tannins, and outstanding balance. It's a beautiful wine to drink over the coming 10-15 years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Deep purple-black in color, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is a little closed at this youthful stage, giving notions of black and red cherries, black plums and blackcurrants plus wafts of mossy bark and spice box. Medium-bodied, it has a good amount of uncomplicated flavors in the mouth, framed by rounded tannins and finishing spicy."
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "A ripe and polished style, with cocoa-edged plum and blackberry preserve flavors carrying through a tobacco- and toast-filled finish. Drink now through 2024."
- Item #: i_204350Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine was made with grapes grown with certified sustainable farming methods. Benziger's sustainable philosophy promotes natural vineyard management, restoration of the land and biodiversity on the estate. Benziger's Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon is very inviting with aromas of black olive and savory, dark fruit. Its well weighted structure and integrated tannins add a light chalkiness to the palate. Flavors of black currant, Bing cherry and juicy plum endure from start to finish, as hints of tea and cocoa help support the mid-palate.
- Item #: i_277886Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+Jeb Dunnuck: 97JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "I was able to taste to two vintages of the Private Reserve, and the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve comes from a vintage loved by the estate. The final blend is the normal 97% Cabernet Sauvignon, 2% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Petit Verdot brought up in 85% new French oak. This full-bodied, ripe, voluptuous beauty shows the vintage to a T, offering a blast of sweet blackcurrants, licorice, ground herbs, and graphite aromas and flavors. Blockbuster styled, with full body and an expansive, sexy texture, it has the depth and density to continue drinking brilliantly for 20+ years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "Containing the tiniest splashes of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve has a deep garnet-purple color and nose of plum preserves, baked blackberries and cassis with hints of menthol, sandalwood and chocolate box. Full-bodied with soft, seductive tannins and a lively backbone supporting the generous, ripe, opulent fruit, it has a decadent spiciness and great length."
- Item #: i_205310Bottle Size: 750mlBeringer Vineyards has owned and farmed its Knights Valley vineyards since the mid-1960s, when the Beringer family recognized that the cobbled, rocky alluvial soils were a great place to grow high quality wine grapes. The Knights Valley designation was first used on a Beringer label in 1974. Beringer was instrumental in garnering official recognition for the area in 1983 as a premier wine growing region with the award of its own American Viticulture Area (AVA) designation.
This approachable and delicious Cabernet Sauvignon is a generous Bordeaux blend, with soft and silky tannins and a plush, full mouth-feel. Although this wine is built to age and develop further complexity, the generous and juicy upfront fruit makes it extremely enjoyable in its youth. Aromas of dried herbs, lavender, fresh boysenberry and lanolin join flavors of dark fruit led by figs, black cherry, and currants. The pronounced oak spice notes work well with the more traditional Knights Valley tones of black olive, wild sage and mocha. The wine is well-balanced with good acidity, structured tannins and a superbly elegant finish.
- Item #: i_202860Bottle Size: 750MLWhile this is typically a Cabernet Sauvignon-dominated blend, Merlot stole the show in 2012, so this year's blend is comprised of 52% Merlot, 27% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Cabernet Franc, 7% Petit Verdot, and 3% Malbec. Very deeply-colored, the aromas exude beautifully ripened red fruits accented by subtle spice notes. The mouthfeel is very soft and full expressing delicious flavors of ripe cherry and plum. The finish is well structured with soft tannins promising a long life for this superb bottle, similar to a fine Bordeaux.
- Item #: i_202670Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 90ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 90 POINTS - "(aged in a 50/50 combination of French and American oak, 35 percent of it new) Inky ruby. Ripe cherry, dark berries and a hint of vanilla on the perfumed nose. Sweet, seamless dark fruit, mocha and spicecake flavors put on weight and gain energy with air. Rich yet lively; a peppery element adds cut to the long, focused finish, and fine-grained tannins add grip."
- Item #: i_205510Bottle Size: 750mlWe feel that Bogle has one of the most solid wine portfolios in the business, and they prove that it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg! The Bogle family has been farming since the mid 1800’s and their reputation has continued to grow. The fact that they want to sell wines that people can actually afford doesn’t hurt, either. Cabernet Sauvignon is a grape that takes its own sweet time, slowly lingering to ripen on the vine. We are rewarded by its reluctance.
Ripe cherries and vivid plums create a welcome first impression, while touches of earth tones and leather nestle themselves among the fruit. Sixteen months in American barrels have produced wisps of tobacco leaf and notes of spicy cigar box. With well-integrated tannins and a rich and round finish, this wine is sure to be a favorite.
- Item #: i_204590Bottle Size: 750mlA new California Cabernet Sauvignon, Bonanza is produced by Chuck Wagner, owner and winemaker of Caymus Vineyards. It reflects the "bonanza" of the great state of California – the discovery of land where delicious Cabernet can be farmed. Calling back to a time when good wine with dinner was a simple pleasure, Bonanza features flavors of dark berries, vanilla and toasty bread with silky tannins.
- Item #: i_204410Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97+Vinous Media: 98Jeb Dunnuck: 100JEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Moving to the single vineyard releases, the 2016 Melbury is pure perfection in a glass and is the finest vintage of this cuvee I've tasted. Awesome notes of cassis, blackcurrants, toasted bread, white flowers, and spice give way to an ethereal, seamless, yet opulent wine that has that rare mix of power and elegance possessed by all truly great wines. Full-bodied, concentrated, and with building yet perfectly ripe tannins, do your best to give bottles 4-5 years of bottle age. It will evolve effortlessly for 30 years or more."
ANTONIO GALLONI 98 POINTS - "The 2016 Melbury is powerful and yet medium in body, with layers of exotic spice, dark red cherry, blood orange, leather, licorice and star anise that give it an exotic character I don't remember seeing in the past. Despite its mid-weight profile, the Melbury has plenty of supporting structure. Over the last year, the Melbury has gained a bit of weight, but remains quite focused. Sometimes the Melbury suffers by being the first vineyard-designate poured at Bond. Its remarkable allure is evident nonetheless. This is an impressive showing."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS - "Overlooking Lake Hennessy up on Pritchard Hill, Melbury vineyard has produced a beautifully elegant and vivacious signature in 2016, which clearly reveals the personality that this incredible site tends to want to give. Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Melbury comes bounding out of the glass with expressive black and red currants notes followed by wild blueberries, warm plums, pencil shavings and wild sage plus wafts of lavender and crushed rocks. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is practically electric with energetic fruit, framed by firm, grainy tannins and invigorating freshness, finishing long and minerally."
- Item #: i_204500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97+Vinous Media: 97ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS - "Very deep purple-black colored, the 2014 Pluribus offers up notions of crushed black plums, black currant cordial and pencil shavings over a meaty core of chargrill and beef drippings plus hints of Chinese five spice and underbrush. Full-bodied and firmly framed with chewy tannins and a lively backbone, it features plenty of earthy and savory layers, finishing long and minerally."
ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "The 2014 Pluribus is stellar. Once again, I am deeply impressed with the Pluribus. Inky blue/purplish fruit, lavender, mint, plum and licorice infuse this super-expressive, resonant Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon. Pluribus is the most improved Bond wine. This flight of 2014 makes that quite evident."
- Item #: i_205880Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94Bootleg Red is a new production by Jackson Family Wine Collection; these are the people who own and produce awesome estate wines like Freemark Abbey, La Jota, and StoneStreet just to name a few. Trust us; there are too many "household" names you would recognize for us to list them all but you now have an idea of the quality they bring to the table.
This offering is their entry to the California "Red" category, a section of the domestic wine industry that has seen tremendous growth with labels such as "The Prisoner" becoming brands that everyone who drinks California wine has heard of. In terms of sales this category is as hot as Cabernet Sauvignon! This particular wine is a blend of 37% Merlot, 33% Petit Sirah, and 30% Syrah.
So what sets this apart from other blends and why should you try it? Fruit sources; using Vineyards they own, the Jackson Family sourced grapes from prestigious sub-AVAs within Napa like Yountville, Howell Mountain, and Mt Veeder, with the balance of fruit (18%) coming from their Mendocino Vineyards. The blending components going into this Red comes from outstanding vineyards of whom we all love. Plain and simple, you have outstanding winegrowing, winemaking and wine-blending with Bootleg Red!
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS! "It reveals a healthy purple color as well as a terrific bouquet of sweet creme de cassis, toasted bread, Asian spices, lavender, and dried herbs. With a fabulous texture, full body, notable purity of fruit, and a rich yet graceful style on the palate, it's one seriously hedonistic yet balanced, complex red that knocks it out of the park. Drink this rocking little gem any time over the coming 4-6 years. (I wouldn't be surprised to see it keep longer.)"
- Item #: i_202500Bottle Size: 750mlInky red, almost black in color, this classic Cabernet Sauvignon is heavily concentrated with ripe cherry aromas and black fruit flavors, backed by vanilla oak notes. Layered with texture that belies its silky smooth tannins, this wine's perfectly balanced alcohol and bright, clean acidity make it a perfect companion for red meat and savory dishes.
- Item #: i_206430Bottle Size: 750mlSituated in the mountains above Conn Valley and near the base of Howell Mountain, the Buehler Estate vineyards are planted primarily to Cabernet Sauvignon. The juxtaposed topography of steeply sloped hillsides with eastern exposures against very gently sloping hills with southern and southwestern exposures hints at the tumultuous geologic past of the Estate; extensive faulting resulted in at least three distinct soil types. Not surprisingly, grapes grown on the different soils give different characteristics to the finished wines; these differences are often as great as the differences across various Bordeaux varieties and allow Buehler to blend within the variety of Cabernet Sauvignon to craft a truly multi-faceted Estate wine.
The aromas hint at black fruit: ripe black cherries and black plums. Enticing barrel qualities of cola and spice complement the fruit aromas. On the palate, the wine shows layers of deeply extracted flavors that only mature hillside vineyards can render. Buehler's Estate Cabernet is the most age-worthy wine they produce and may be enjoyed anytime over the next 15 years.
- Item #: i_206130Bottle Size: 750mlBuena Vista joined the Boisset Family Estates collection in May 2011. Today, Jean-Charles Boisset is returning Buena Vista to its original glory with the complete restoration and re-opening of the champagne cellars, which have been unavailable to the public for over 20 years. Jean-Charles is 100% dedicated to doing whatever is needed to showcase the quality of the wines from this property. The wines of Buena Vista are being driven to greater heights under Winemaker Brian Maloney and Consulting Winemaker David Ramey, including the re-introduction of Sonoma wines, in honor of Buena Vista's role in the discovery of Sonoma as one California's great terroirs.
Despite the retail price, this wine received much of the same treatment as wines that cost much more, including long fermentation times for greater complexity, and aging in French oak barrels. This wine is textbook Sonoma Cabernet; a modern wine that recognizes its French roots. It shows currant, raspberry, black cherry, and a distinct herb note. The wine is supported by good tannins that keep the finish going and going.
- Item #: i_206425Bottle Size: 750mlRich, round and flush with flavor. Aromas of blackberry and cassis with hints of spice and toasted oak are complemented by flavors of plum, black cherry and soft oak tannins.