- Item #: i_210410Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "The 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Signature is a blend of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petit Verdot and 5% Malbec. It was harvested from September 18 to October 30, and the alcohol weighed in at 14.5%. Deep garnet-purple in color, exuberant notes of warm plums, ripe black and red currants and black cherries come bounding out of the glass with suggestions of cedar chest, unsmoked cigars and beef drippings. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is simply singing with juicy black fruits and velvety tannins, finishing long with some baking spice hints coming through. Open for business now, this wine can easily be cellared for 20 years or more."
- Item #: i_219670Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 94When the 2018 rendition of this wine landed, we just had to crack open a bottle, and once we did, we knew immediately that this would be featured on our top wine list! Faust is owned by the Huneeus family, who also owns Quintessa, Flowers, and Leviathan. Faust was originally designed to be the second label for Quintessa’s Rutherford property, but the Huneeus family eventually found exquisite property in the Coombsville area east of Napa proper, and now it is that vineyard in Coombsville that makes up the majority of the wine.
Both the newest in Napa Valley and the furthest south, Coombsville benefits from ancient volcanic soils, marine breezes coming off the nearby San Pablo Bay, as well as a long and cool growing season due to its location in the valley. Besides being the latest-to-ripen vines in Napa, the soil profiles are very different given it’s closer to the Vaca Mountain range, so there is a lot of eroded volcanic soil, which means, lots of minerals in the soil. In Coombsville, you get more intense color, a blue-black fruit profile, a brighter acidity and minerality in the wines, and the wines are VERY unique.
Earning 94 points from James Suckling, this shows the high quality of the 2018 vintage from Napa. Medium to deep ruby in color, the wine struts its stuff with a bit of aeration to display aromas of toasted oak, cinnamon, dark chocolate, blackcurrants, and plums. On the palate, the firm tannins give way to the intense, rich fruit, driven by flavors of cassis, black cherries, blueberry, wild blackberry, and a hint of pencil shavings. Full-bodied, and with a finish that lasts for half a minute, this may be the best rendition of Faust we have ever encountered!
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Very attractive aromas of blackcurrants, black olives and dark leather with some cedar. It's full-bodied with firm, silky tannins and a refined, polished finish. Shows finesse and focus. Grows on the palate. Really delicious now, but will improve with age. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_250780Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93Jeb Dunnuck: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91-93 POINTS - "Composed of 97% Cabernet Sauvignon, 1% Malbec and 2% Cabernet Franc, the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon reveals vivacious notions of crushed black currants, red currant jelly, fresh blackberries and Morello cherries with touches of garrigue, bay leaves, damp soil and cedar chest. Medium-bodied, the palate is wonderfully elegant and charged with energy, featured loads of crunchy black and red fruit plus a refreshing backbone, finishing on an appealing chewy note."
JEB DUNNUCK 90-92 POINTS - "The 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley is similarly colored and has terrific notes of creme de cassis, ground herbs, earth, and tobacco. It's fresh, medium-bodied, has good concentration, beautiful balance, and fine tannins."
- Item #: i_235900Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS - "A barrel sample, the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon features a deep garnet-purple, singing on the nose of freshly crushed black cherries, black berry pie and warm plums over a core of cassis and pencil lead plus nuances of violets, cinnamon stick and underbrush. Medium to full-bodied, the palate delivers mouth-coating, crunchy black fruit with a firm backbone of ripe, grainy tannins and just enough freshness, finishing long and spicy."
- Item #: i_237150Bottle Size: 750MLLail's Blueprint wines are made as a modern interpretation of the most classical Bordeaux varieties, attempting and succeeding in capturing the ever-shining sunlight of the Napa Valley to transform it into robustly flavorful wines that drink beautifully upon release. The term 'crowd pleaser' comes to mind! "Blueprint" is named after Jon Lail's highly regarded architectural design achievements. The Cabernet Sauvignon is predominately Cabernet Sauvignon with additions of Merlot and Petit Verdot. The grapes hail from properties all throughout the Napa Valley AVA. The wine is aged for roughly 18 months in French oak, of which 55% is new.
Aromatically this wine emerges from the glass with scents of blackberries, pencil lead, eucalyptus, and fine vanilla. On the palate the fruit is dark and nearly jammy, with warm baking spices and soft, well integrated tannins.