- Item #: i_213940Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 91Paul Hobbs is a juggernaut in the wine world. It doesn't seem to matter where he makes wine, or with what grape; anything he makes is simply fantastic! Paul's Crossbarn lineup of wines is the second label to his eponymous Paul Hobbs wines from Napa and Sonoma, yet it comes close to its "bigger brother"! Produced using hand-harvested fruit from carefully selected vineyards in prime areas in the Napa Valley, CrossBarn Cabernet Sauvignon offers structure and weight in balance with pure concentrated fruit.
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Crossbarn comes from the superstar winemaker Paul Hobbs and is a solid value in 2017 Napa Valley Cabernet. Upfront violets, plums, exotic spices, and orange blossom notes all emerge from this expressive, medium to full-bodied, plush effort that has lots of charm. It has the vintage's slightly firm tannins yet should keep nicely for 7-8 years, if not longer."
- Item #: i_216140Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 94JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Napanook checks in 89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Petit Verdot. It offers classy notes of cassis, black currants, toasted spices, and hints of flowers. With lots of chocolately richness, medium to full body, and beautifully ripe tannins, it's layered and has impressive depth of fruit, followed by a great finish. It's going to evolve for 15-20 years. It's an incredible value in classic, impeccably made Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Napanook is forward, lush and quite giving - in other words, very much in keeping with the style of the year. Silky and radiant, with plenty of bright, red-toned fruit, the 2017 Napanook is one of the very finest Napa Valley Cabernets readers will find in this price range. Savory, earthy and licorice undertones add striking shades of nuance, with silky tannins that extend the finish effortlessly. This is such a gorgeous and inviting wine. When just opened, the 2017 mostly offers density and opulence, but a few hours of air brings out layers of subtlety and aromatic nuance."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "There was about 40% of a normal crop this year due to strict selection. Grapes were harvested from September 21 to October 3 and the wine was bottled in May 2019. The 2017 Napanook is made up of 89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot and was aged in 20% new French oak barrels. Deep purple-black in color, it springs from the glass with vivacious notions of warm black cherries, blackberry compote and crushed black currants with touches of dark chocolate, licorice, fertile loam, underbrush, camphor and cinnamon stick plus a waft of lilacs. Full-bodied with a firm level of grainy tannins and seamless freshness supporting the bold, spicy black fruit layers, it finishes on a lingering perfumed note. With further time, it begins to reveal the mineral signature of the estate, delivering a glimpse at the gravitas to come with 5-7 years in the cellar. 1,400 cases were made."
- Item #: i_220040Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "A gorgeously sweet nose of blackcurrants, dried flowers, Asian spice, and loamy earth and chocolate emerges from the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard. Deeply concentrated, with a light, elegant texture, beautiful tannins, and a great finish, this stunning wine is already beautiful but will shine for 15 years or more."
- Item #: i_276347Bottle Size: 750MLThe vineyards of Calistoga, located in the northern Napa Valley, are prized for helping to produce wine grapes of extraordinary flavors, complexity and quality. Frank Family Vineyards are located in this region on the original site of the historic Larkmead Winery and owned by wine legend Hans Kornell. Rich Frank and his family farm this piece of land with great fervor, and with the help of their winemaker Todd Graff, the wines from Frank Family Vineyards have become a "go to" at several of the top restaurants, hotels and retailers.
Now why is that? It's easy; Frank Family produces wine that they like to drink and they don’t charge the proverbial arm-and-a-leg like some others tend to do. What you get here exceeds what you pay! In addition to their Calistoga site, they have acquired a few other vineyards in other Napa Valley regions (such as Rutherford and Carneros) that they farm with the same intensity as their Calistoga vineyard.
Deriving from stellar vineyard sites, this beautiful wine exhibits the Rutherford appellation's signature earthy tone. Fresh, with characteristics of cassis, red currant and mocha, the 2017 is also dusty and mineral at its core. Full bodied and well structured, it shows an underlying softness and finds plenty of length and grace.
- Item #: i_231130Bottle Size: 750mlKathryn and Craig Hall are well on their way to creating one of the top wineries in the Napa Valley. Their commitment to acquire the best vineyards is aided by Director of Vineyards Don Munk, who oversees HALL's 500 acres of classic Bordeaux varietals so that only the best is brought to the winery. Couple the resulting grapes with talented and nurturing winemakers like Steve Leveque and Megan Gunderson, and you have the foundation for success! Prior releases of their single-vineyard Cabernets have garnered lofty praise from Wine Spectator, and now their vineyard-blended Cabernet is quickly catching up!
- Item #: i_240110Bottle Size: 750mlThe Louis Martini winery has been crafting world-class Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa and Sonoma's finest vineyards since 1933. Founder Louis M. Martini started with this simple premise: the best grapes make the best wines. Today, this tradition carries on at their historic winery in the Napa Valley with a range of unforgettable Cabernet Sauvignon wines.
The Louis M. Martini winery is one of the original five Napa wineries founded in 1933 after Prohibition. In keeping with Louis' tradition of innovation, they pioneered the use of temperature controlled fermentation, the use of wind machines to combat frost damage, as well as studying clonal selections on specific terroirs. All of which have become industry standards.
Since then, the Louis Martini winery has gone from one level of greatness to the next. Robert M. Parker, Jr. tweeted that Martini's Sonoma Cabernet is among the best Cabernets in the world among its peers, their Lot 1 Cabernet Sauvignon has earned the perfect 100-point score, and now, their Napa Valley bottling has been one of the biggest hits in our store for the dollar!
- Item #: i_252240Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Already bottled, the 2017 Quintessa displays a deep garnet-purple color. The nose needs a little coaxing before it reveals bold, expressive notes of crushed red and black plums, black currant jelly, wild blueberries and kirsch with nuances of camphor, cloves, cedar and lilacs plus a hint of oolong tea. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has beautifully expressed, elegant red and black fruit layers, with a sturdy, grainy frame and plenty of freshness, finishing long and earthy."
- Item #: i_256770Bottle Size: 750mlThe Louer Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon is filled with layers of juicy dark red fruit and dark chocolate with touches of toasty oak. Velvety tannins from 24 months of 100% New French Oak create a Cabernet Lovers.