- Item #: i_204410Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97+Vinous Media: 98Jeb Dunnuck: 100JEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Moving to the single vineyard releases, the 2016 Melbury is pure perfection in a glass and is the finest vintage of this cuvee I've tasted. Awesome notes of cassis, blackcurrants, toasted bread, white flowers, and spice give way to an ethereal, seamless, yet opulent wine that has that rare mix of power and elegance possessed by all truly great wines. Full-bodied, concentrated, and with building yet perfectly ripe tannins, do your best to give bottles 4-5 years of bottle age. It will evolve effortlessly for 30 years or more."
ANTONIO GALLONI 98 POINTS - "The 2016 Melbury is powerful and yet medium in body, with layers of exotic spice, dark red cherry, blood orange, leather, licorice and star anise that give it an exotic character I don't remember seeing in the past. Despite its mid-weight profile, the Melbury has plenty of supporting structure. Over the last year, the Melbury has gained a bit of weight, but remains quite focused. Sometimes the Melbury suffers by being the first vineyard-designate poured at Bond. Its remarkable allure is evident nonetheless. This is an impressive showing."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS - "Overlooking Lake Hennessy up on Pritchard Hill, Melbury vineyard has produced a beautifully elegant and vivacious signature in 2016, which clearly reveals the personality that this incredible site tends to want to give. Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Melbury comes bounding out of the glass with expressive black and red currants notes followed by wild blueberries, warm plums, pencil shavings and wild sage plus wafts of lavender and crushed rocks. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is practically electric with energetic fruit, framed by firm, grainy tannins and invigorating freshness, finishing long and minerally."
- Item #: i_200470Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsThe David Arthur Estate is located high on Pritchard Hill, on the eastern side of the Napa Valley. The rough mountain terrain and rocky red soils provide ideal growing conditions for wine grapes such as Cabernet Sauvignon. In 1978, Donald Long and his 28 year old son David began the epic job of building roads, clearing land and finally planting wine grapes. Although David lacked a formal viticultural education, he learned hands-on by working in the vineyards and cellars of local wineries such as the Chappellet and Joseph Phelps. The first vintage of Chardonnay was harvested in 1985, followed by Cabernet Sauvignon in the nineties. A s his experience and knowledge of the land grew, David learned the ability of these hills to grow the very finest wine grapes. Today, with the help of a highly insightful team, David Arthur continues to cultivate rich concentrated wine grapes that in turn help them craft distinctive and memorable wines.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Three Acre (there's a small amount of Petit Verdot in the blend) is a beautiful, refined example of Pritchard Hill Cabernet. Deep ruby-colored, with a mountain hillside-like bouquet of wild scrub brush, crushed rocks, tobacco, dried herbs and both blue and black fruits, it glides over the palate with medium to full-bodied richness, ultra-fine tannins, beautifully integrated acidity, and solid length. It's very much in the style of the 1147 release, but slightly less concentrated and majestic. Elegant, silky, and seamless, yet still with ample power, it's a brilliant 2016 geared for those that love the old-school, classic style of Napa Valley. It will keep for 2+ decades."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Composed of 96% Cabernet Sauvignon and 4% Petit Verdot, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Three Acre has a deep garnet-purple color and is beautifully perfumed of candied violets, Ceylong tea, underbrush and cigar box scents with a core of blackcurrant cordial, redcurrant jelly and black raspberries. Medium to full-bodied, elegantly styled and very polished on the palate, it has an exquisitely fine-grained texture and long harmonious finish."
- Item #: i_248740Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 97Jayson Pahlmeyer's eponymous wine is now regarded as one of the blue chip brands of the Napa Valley. How did he do it? Jayson began by wanting to create his own California rendition of Bordeaux's first growth Mouton Rothschild. He seeks out the best vineyards in Napa Valley, hires the best winemakers and cuts zero corners to ensure only the best wine made goes into this blend. Current winemaker Kale Anderson blends Cabernet Sauvignon with small parts of Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec and Petit Verdot from the Pahlmeyer Waters Ranch and the famed Stagecoach Vineyard.
ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "The 2016 Proprietary Red is fabulous, just as it was from bottle. Silky, supple and also quite structured on the palate, the 2016 is a stunningly beautiful, vivid wine. Dark cherry/plum jam, bittersweet chocolate, rose petal, lavender, spice and menthol build into the huge, unctuous finish. There is so much to like." ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Composed of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 4% Petit Verdot and 2% Malbec, the deep garnet-purple colored 2016 Proprietary Red Wine gives up bold notes of fresh blackcurrants, black cherries and wild blueberries with hints of cigar box, tilled soil, dried bay leaves and smoked meats plus a hint of lavender. Medium-bodied and fantastically intense in the mouth, it has a wonderful core of muscular fruit and a firm, ripe, fine-grained frame to match, finishing very long."
- Item #: i_230480Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 93ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley) is just as delicious from bottle as it was from barrel. Deep, fleshy and super-expressive the 2016 has a lot to offer. Inky blue/purplish berry fruit, lavender, mint and spice notes all grace this alluring Napa Valley Cabernet from Paul Hobbs."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon reveals bombastic blackberry pie and blueberry compote notes with underlying cassis, dried herbs and unsmoked cigars scents plus a waft of pencil shavings. Full-bodied and jam-packed with black fruits and earthy layers, it has a solid, grainy frame and a long finish with a lively herbal lift. 6,576 cases produced.
- Item #: i_251390Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsFounded in 2003 by Washington State wine visionary Allen Shoup, the mindset behind the Long Shadows winery is quite simple; obtain the best grapes and get them into the hands of the best winemakers. However, easier said than done. Each of the Long Shadows wines have a different label, a different name, and a different winemaker. To make the best Merlot in Washington State, Allen Shoup employed the master of Merlot (Michel Rolland) and developed the Pedestal label. To get the best Cabernet Sauvignon, he brought on Randy Dunn and created the Feather Cabernet. And to make the best Washington State equal to Opus One or Joseph Phelps Insignia, he got Philippe Melka to create Pirouette, a Cabernet Sauvignon-driven blend!
Philippe Melka is a master of Cabernet Sauvignon and blends, and has crafted several wines that have earned 100 points from Robert Parker's Wine Advocate. He has been trained and influenced by some of the most notable personalities in the wine world, including Jean Delmas and Jean Philippe Masclef from Haut-Brion, Christian Moueix and Jean Claude Berrouet from Petrus, Paul Draper from Ridge, Daniel Baron from Silver Oak. For Pirouette, a variety of fermentation methods were used to enhance complexity and richness in this classic Bordeaux blend. Hand-harvested Cabernet was fermented in 400L French oak barrels that were gently rolled throughout fermentation to integrate the oak with refined, dark fruit flavors and give the wine its silky mouthfeel. All other varieties were fermented in traditional stainless steel tanks, with select lots enjoying longer skin contact to enhance the wine's dark color and mid-palate. The finished wine was aged 22 months in French oak barrels (75% new) before bottling unfiltered and unfined.
JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "The 2017 Pirouette checks in as 58% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, 13% Malbec, and the rest Petit Verdot. Gorgeous creme de cassis, crushed flowers, white chocolate, and espresso notes all give way to a full-bodied, thrillingly textured, layered red that has terrific tannins, no hard edges, and a great, great finish. It can be drunk today but will develop additional complexity with 3-4 years of bottle age and keep for two decades or more."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Deep ruby in color, the 2017 Pirouette is an instant success on the nose with scents of juicy plums, cassis, dark cherry compote and blackberry essence. The nose continues with seamless oak tones of vanilla and cinnamon that compound with elements of juicy tobacco and fresh violets. Full-bodied, the wine explodes on the palate with a kaleidoscope of red and black fruit flavors, a spicy undercurrent and a firm tannic structure that will lend to its longevity. The wine concludes with bitter dark chocolate flavors, dark cherry skin essence and elevated alcohol. This wine is smoking at this price. I want more!"