- Item #: i_200015Bottle Size: 750ml7th STRAIGHT YEAR OF SCORING 90 POINTS OR ABOVE
Valerie's terroir driven one-acre Carneros vineyard has come of age and we think that vintage to vintage this one is another winner, very Burgundian. The California drought has somewhat spared us, we were able to keep the right amount of water on the vines and the added stress has created a complex wine. The winemaking attention to detail in the vineyard has never been better.
The 2014 extols a rich velvety mouth-feel and well balanced fruit, oak and tannins. The cherry/plum flavors blend with traditional Burgundian nuisances such as cola and tea. The French oak program of new and two-year old French oak from numerous makers has created a unique flavor profile and aging regimen. The wine lives no less than 18 months in the oak. Winemaker Jeff McBride and the bio-dynamic practices of Valerie's new winemaking home at Benzinger Family Winery fit our farming practices and style perfectly.
TASTING PANEL 90 POINTS - "Pale and aromatic; crisp and silky with bright raspberry and tangy acidity; clean, fresh and racy with light Burgundian style; long and fresh."
- Item #: i_200032Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Pale ruby-purple, the 2017 Pinot Noir Hyland has a core of red currants, red berries and blackberries with dried leaves, pipe tobacco, scorched earth, tar and cured meat aromas plus accents of blood orange, potpourri, tobacco and sweet spices. Medium-bodied, silky and intense, it offers great layering of spice, amaro, earth and berry fruits with addicting freshness and a long, nuanced finish."
- Item #: i_200029Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "00 Wines is crafting some of the most exciting Chardonnays in Willamette Valley. Anjou, France, native Pierre Millemann oversees winemaking in Oregon, and he is also in charge of 00's newest projects in France, where they are making a white Burgundy and Champagne."
"The 2017 Pinot Noir Shea is very layered and nuanced on the nose: a core of spiced cranberry sauce and baked blackberries are accented with high-toned dried roses and violets, cinnamon stick, orange oil, blueberries, fragrant earth and amaro scents. The medium-bodied palate features ripe berry fruits laced with a pleasant amaro-like bitterness, wrapped in a silky, juicy frame and finishing long and layered. Yes!"
- Item #: i_201110Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2016 A to Z Oregon Pinot Noir highlights the ripeness and concentration of the vintage with an uncommon grace and style. The compelling nose opens with vibrant notes of blackberry, blueberry, black cherry, raspberry, strawberry, red current, plum, thyme, sage and baking spices. The scents are lifted by lingering rose petal and violet aromas, while deeper notes of graphite, leather, and pipe tobacco bring depth.
- Item #: i_200130Bottle Size: 750mlThe myriad of dark fruit and floral notes in this Pinot Noir come from the cool, windy Los Carneros American Viticultural Area (AVA) in the southern reaches of Napa Valley. Satsuma plum, blackberry, red rose and violet notes weave through the enticing aromas, mingled with warm nuances of vanilla and toasted oak from barrel aging. Silky, elegant flavors echo the aromas, adding blueberry and plum to the rich fruit complexity. You'll find this wine's lush flavors, bright acidity and fine tannins are perfectly balanced to complement a broad range of foods, from grilled salmon and chicken, to lamb and wild mushrooms.
- Item #: i_200280Bottle Size: 750ml
Adelsheim Vineyard began back in 1971 with Ginny and David Adelsheim purchasing 19 acres in beautiful Oregon countryside. They shared a dream with a handful of families that Oregon's climate and land could one day produce serious wines. A home was built, vines planted, and in 1978, the first commercial wines were produced. Over four decades, Adelsheim Vineyard grew up with Oregon's wine industry pioneering the way towards the future of wine production.
With its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, duck, beef or hearty vegetarian entrees. Adelsheim Vineyard began back in 1971 with Ginny and David Adelsheim purchasing 19 acres in beautiful Oregon countryside. They shared a dream with a handful of families that Oregon's climate and land could one day produce serious wines. A home was built, vines planted, and in 1978, the first commercial wines were produced. Over four decades, Adelsheim Vineyard grew up with Oregon's wine industry pioneering the way towards the future of wine production.
With its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, duck, beef or hearty vegetarian entrees.
- Item #: i_200660Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 92Bibiana Gonzalez Rave crafts her Alma de Cattleya wines as high-quality offerings representing the uniqueness of northern California's Sonoma County. Alma means "soul" in Spanish - and Cattleya is the national flower of her native country, Columbia. These wines are the perfect accompaniment to everyday meals and relaxing moments.
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "A blend of sites and clones, all from Sonoma County, the 2018 Pinot Noir was destemmed and brought up in neutral French oak. There were 2,000 cases made. Revealing a medium ruby/translucent purple hue to go with a beautiful nose of spiced strawberries, raspberries, crushed flowers, and violets, it's beautifully textured and medium-bodied, with good acidity and outstanding length. You're going to be hard pressed to find a better Sonoma County Pinot Noir at the price, and it's going to drink brilliantly for 2-4 years."
- Item #: i_275877Bottle Size: 750mlAlma Rosa can be translated from Spanish to English to literally mean the "Soul of the Rose." Alma Rosa Winery and Vineyards was founded in 2005 by Sta. Rita Hills pioneer winegrowers Thekla and Richard Sanford.
Bright nose, with dusty raspberry, sage and thyme, laced with butterscotch and light-toast coffee bean cues from the French oak barrels. Flavors of ripe raspberry, red cherry and baking spices are lifted by the fresh acid backbone. On the palate, it is focused and medium-bodied, with fine grip from the seed tannin
- Item #: i_201010Bottle Size: 750mlBob Tillman searched for several years for the site where he could plant a truly world-class vineyard. After the family moved to the Central Coast of California and tasted the wines coming out of Paso Robles, they knew they found the right region! In 2003, Bob found this beautiful hilltop property on Adelaida Road that would become Alta Colina. All the grapes on this property are organically farmed, and the fruit is so amazing that other Central Coast producers such as McPrice Myers, Sans Liege, and Paydirt get fruit from Alta Colina.
- Item #: i_200740Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Aromas of plums, strawberries and hints of toasted oak and smoke. Medium to full body, creamy tannins and an attractive, bitter, smoky finish. Some citrus, too. Drink now. Screw cap."
- Item #: i_201020Bottle Size: 750mlPrisme is the truest expression of the Pinot Noir grape. Anne Amie selects only their finest blocks of Pinot noir and gently press the grapes, liberating the free run juice, but not the color or tannins from the skins. It is then barrel-fermented, and aged on its lees in French oak barrels for 18 months. This structured white wine has a backbone of acidity, a voluptuous mid-palate and along, creamy finish. Prismé is named after the word prism - the splitting of white light into its corresponding colors. Anne Amie is doing precisely that in reverse, making a rich, textured white wine from Pinot noir.
The Prisme starts with 100% Pinot noir free run juice that is settled and racked into barrels. It is entirely barrel-fermented in French oak puncheons; lees stirred, allowed partial malolactic fermentation (around 80%) and then aged on its lees for 18 months before bottling.
The aromas is this wine begin with baked apples, fennel, vanilla bean, elderflower, cardamom, candied ginger, creme brulee, then moves to flavors of ripe pears, graham cracker, nutmeg, lemon meringue, and ripe fig, with a lingering finished laced with creamy acidity.
- Item #: i_201050Bottle Size: 750mlThe first wine that caught our attention from this Oregon stage producer was their Mueller-Thurgau; a white variety that is not often planted. That wine is so clean and refreshing, we had to see what else was in their bag of tricks. Happily, we found their Willamette Valley Pinot Noir to be delicous, too! Anne Amie's estate and all vineyards they get fruit from are Salmon Safe and LIVE certified, which means they are dedicated to restoring and maintaining healthy watersheds for minimal impact on aquifers and wildlife.
This Pinot Noir displays red cherry, strawberry, sassafras, cardamom, and fig, along with flavors that are reminiscent of red cherry, clove baking spice, fig, cassis, and cola. This wine ends with a long, rich finish with smooth tannins and nicely placed acidity.
- Item #: i_201100Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92This appellation is widely described as "sprawling" as it encompasses half or more of the county. Anthill Farms' fruit comes from two of the coolest, most coastal parts of this appellation: the low coast, west of Sebastopol on the edge of the Petaluma Gap; and the high coast, the first or second ridge inland from the ocean farther to the north. These sites are united by the direct influence of the Pacific's cool, marine air, delaying ripening well into October.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast) is a pretty big, dark wine relative to prior editions. Dark cherry, plum, lavender, sage, spice and menthol shape this brooding appellation-level Pinot from Anthill Farms. Readers will find an especially potent, virile Pinot with tons of character."
- Item #: i_200410Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 91WINERY NOTES - The 2018 Dundee Hills is opulent and teeming with balance. Wild berries and fresh roasted coffee on the nose lead to complex stone fruit flavors and the peppery nuance associated with whole-cluster fermentation. A master juggler, the '18 Dundee Hills handles tannin, new oak, and minerality with remarkable finesse. Driven by quintessential Red Hills locales and flavors, the wine is a culmination of our 25-year legacy-an opus to our special surroundings.
WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "This cuvée is the first to be released from each new vintage, and the most widely available. The 2018 marks the debut (from harvest to bottling) of winemaker Ian Burch, and it’s a promising one. Full bodied and open, this mixes ripe red and purple fruits, especially plums and cherries, with a touch of lightly minty chocolate. Delicious and ready for near-term enjoyment."
- Item #: i_201750Bottle Size: 750MLJAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - " This has an attractive, fresh and silky feel with a very smooth, vibrant and lively set of red-fruit aromas on offer. The palate has a fresh and quite detailed core of red cherries with neatly groomed tannins. Drink or hold. Screw cap."
- Item #: i_201730Bottle Size: 750MLThe Dundee Hills and Eola-Amity Hills are home to our Reserve Pinot Noir, both based in volcanic red soils, providing spicy elegance and texture. Perfumed, floral, and red cherry weave with delicate mocha and five spice. The tannins are firm, but rounded, an underlying minerality which drives the mid-palate through the long finish. While delving for pure fruit flavors and juicy acidity, we hang our phenolic hat on our trademark silky texture, which has been enhanced through cold soaking and fermenting in small, 1.5-ton fermentations.
- Item #: i_201710Bottle Size: 750MLArgyle Pinot Noir highlights the elegance and complexity of the Willamette Valley, showcasing the purity of fruit and supple texture the region has to offer. Fermented entirely in small, 1.5 ton lots and plunged by hand, the 2018 vintage leans dark cherry, red raspberry, and orange zest. Fresh, vibrant acidity is framed with polished tannin along with classic Argyle silky texture and persistent length.
- Item #: i_274969Bottle Size: 750MLGreat value! A particularly wonderful vintage of this wine. Aromas and flavors of strawberries and raspberries are joined by anise and clove notes with mouth filling intensity.
- Item #: i_201680Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Deep lurid red. Spice- and smoke-accented cherry, raspberry and musky floral scents are complemented by building mineral and earth accents. Concentrated yet lively in character, offering intense cherry, Chambord and cola flavors that tighten up slowly on the back half. Smoothly plays power off finesse and finishes very long and appealingly sweet, with dusty tannins sneaking in late."
- Item #: i_201690Bottle Size: 750mlTextbook Willamette Valley Pinot Noir with juicy, fresh fruit and berry flavors - think dark cherry, cranberry, blackberry, more cherry. Clove, mocha, blood orange and vanilla accents abound adding complexity. The texture is ripe and plush with a line of acid running through to keep the wine vibrant. The wine is all about focus, electricity, and verve.
- Item #: i_202960Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "As in years past, this 2017 bottling is very dark and rich by Pinot Noir standards. But in this vintage, it's the complexity that is absolutely uncanny. In the nose, there is almost an extreme presentation of earth with gobs of spice. It's to the point where if I had to pin a single concept on it, it would be SPECTACLE. There is a sweetness in the nose that is like a baked, almost smoky mocha. I have never smelled anything quite like it. The fruit is identifiably cherries on the nose and palate, but it is enveloped by the beautiful French oak that was hand made for me by my buddy, Jerome Fouailly, in Burgundy. In the finish, there is a density of fruit and fineness of tannin that I find in very few Pinots. For a full presentation of how good this vineyard is, let the wine rest in the bottle for a few years or more. If, before then, your corkscrew calls, it is a rich wine, so you will definitely enjoy it. I recommend at least putting it in a nice big glass so it gets some air and a chance to wake up just a bit. Over the next couple years, decanting it would not be a bad idea."