- Item #: i_241510Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 92Do you want to get a real glimpse into the characteristics and style of the 2009 vintage in Washington, then you don't need to look any further. Delille has been somewhat under the radar, but if the quality in this Merlot blend doesn't open your eyes, we don't know what will! "D2" is the main highway that runs through Bordeaux, so being that this is a Merlot-based blend (just like the right bank of Bordeaux), the name is apt. This year, the wine is a blend of 58% Merlot, 36% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Cabernet Franc, and 1% Petit Verdot.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Very few Washington wineries can match DeLille for the way their wines combine sheer fruit intensity and structure. The current releases are wonderfully pliant and accessible, even if the best of them will last splendidly."
"(this Columbia Valley blend of nearly 20 sources represents 35% of this winery's production; 11,500 cases were made in 2014): Bright ruby. Pungent fruit-driven aromas of cranberry, pomegranate and blackberry. Plush and seamless on the palate, with blackberry and blueberry flavors complicated by a savory dried-berry note that I associate with Red Willow vineyard. Wonderfully pliant from the start, this beauty finishes very long and suave, with utterly smooth tannins. Great fruit here!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The ruby-colored 2014 D2 Proprietary Red Wine is the entry-level Bordeaux blend of the estate and is named after the D2 highway in Bordeaux. It's a soft, voluptuous, medium-bodied effort that offers loads of currants, black cherries, strawberries and leafy herb aromas and flavors. It's already hard to resist, yet there's quality tannin hiding under its fruit, and I suspect it will surprise you with its longevity."
- Item #: i_231230Bottle Size: 750mlStarting with a lush entry of fine-grained soft tannin, the wine continues into a full, weighty midpalate, accented by a refreshing note of bright acidity. The flavor profile is warm, spicy, and distinctively chocolate-driven, with notes of nutmet and ripe cherry. A serious Merlot drinker's wine, ideal for everyday celebrations.
- Item #: i_233980Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 92Keenan Winery is located in Spring Mountain District, high in the Mayacamas mountain range above the town of Saint Helena. Eleven acres of Merlot vines have been planted in the rocky soils surrounding the winery, and it is these vines that produce some of the finest Merlot in Napa. The vineyards are situated above the dense layer of fog that creeps up the Napa Valley most evenings. Consequently the vines warm up earlier in the morning and stay warm through the night. The combination of warm temperatures, steep hillside vine rows and gravelly soils promotes more stress on the vines leading to increased intensity in the finished wine.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Medium garnet-purple in color and composed of 100% Merlot, the 2015 Merlot offers a plums, blackberries and dried flowers-scented nose with touches of mossy bark and garrigue. Showing good expression in the medium-bodied mouth with plenty of plumy fruit, it finishes long and spicy."
- Item #: i_276550Bottle Size: 750MLMiner Family Vineyards is a dynamic family-owned winery tucked into the eastern hills of the Oakville appellation, squarely within the heart of Napa Valley. Founded by Dave and Emily Miner along with his folks Ed and Norma, Miner is defined first and foremost by a sensational portfolio of wines, wines consistently characterized by and committed to individualistic style and uncommon quality.
This commitment to the production of fine wines led the Miners to the Krupp Brothers of Stagecoach Vineyards. The Stagecoach vineyard surely must be one of the most ambitious vineyard developments to date. Situated upon and named for an 1800s stagecoach trail, this 800-acre vineyard was laboriously carved from enormous rocks and boulders high atop the eastern hills of Napa Valley. At nearly 1500 feet above the Valley floor and nearly straddling the Oakville Ranch property, this vineyard has quickly caught fire with winemakers searching for grapes of uncommonly deep and profoundly complex nature. Terrior-driven, the meticulously farmed blocks are hand-picked according to Miner's winemaker Gary Brookman's specifications.
Loaded with rich ripe fruit and spice notes with touches of toasty oak, this Merlot has a nice firm grip from fine tannins boasting a huge lengthy finish uncommon in many Merlots made today. Enjoy now or you can tuck this away in the cellar for a few years!
- Item #: i_249790Bottle Size: 750MLPeju's 2015 Merlot is spectacular, opening with aromas of bright raspberry, blueberry and cigar box. Structured and elegant with mouth-filling tannins, this wine exhibits flavors of lush plum, blackberry and currant layered with mocha and anise. Ready to enjoy now, this 2015 Merlot will continue to mature for the next 6-8 years.
- Item #: i_248410Bottle Size: 750mlThe only thing really changing at Prisoner Wine Company is their level of awesomeness! In fact, these wines still continue to receive the same scores that were awarded at the inception of Prisoner! Since that time, they produced two new wines; the Cuttings Cabernet-Blend and Blindfold White. These wines are following suit, and have come some of our better sellers at their respective pricepoints. Jen Beloz is Prisoner's winemaker, and she worked with Dave Phinney to keep the "house style". So…Prisoner wines are still rockin'!
Based on the success of their newer bottlings, we have been very eager to get our hands on the Thorn Merlot. There are a few vineyards in Napa Valley that are so amazing, they only go to wineries that will do the fruit justice. Whenever we see these vineyard sources, we know there's something delicious in the bottle! Prisoner's Thorn is comprised from fruit from a few of these vineyards; family-owned vineyards of varying ages and soils, lending to the layers of character and complexity. These vineyards are Hudson, Stagecoach, Antica, and Trefethen; these vineyards also sell fruit to other notable wineries, such as Arietta, Kongsgaard, Lewis, Pahlmeyer, and Paul Hobbs!
Aromas of savory spice, black cherry, and mocha with cedar and blackberry. The entry delivers an elegant balance with flavors of black plum and anise, along with hints of grilled rosemary and toasted oak. Velvety, chocolate tannins develop into a robust finish. Bravo Prisoner…keep sending us more wines like this!
- Item #: i_256675Bottle Size: 375mlJeb Dunnuck: 92 Points**Please note, this is a half sized bottleJEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "The 2014 Merlot kicks off the Bordeaux varieties with a bang and offers full-bodied, ripe, sexy aromas and flavors of black cherries, chocolate, graphite, and spice. A wine that builds with time in the glass, it has no hard edges, terrific purity, and a great finish. Drink it over the coming decade."
- Item #: i_256660Bottle Size: 750mlThe Griffin – the Foley family crest in Irish heraldry combines the strengths of the lion, king of beasts, with the eagle, king of the skies – is a fitting representation of our signature red blend. A winemaker's dream is to be artistically free to combine characters into wine that is purely hedonic and non-compliant with varietal regulations, so The Griffin's blend changes with every vintage.
A blend of 28% Merlot, 19% Petite Sirah, 14% Charbono, 12% Malbec, 11% Syrah, 10% Petit Verdot, and 6% Cabernet Sauvignon, this vibrantly youthful red blend offers aromas and flavors that evenly coat the palate and linger long in the finish. Gently gripping tannins carry a hint of espresso character. A delicious blend of bright fruit flavors. Delicious in its youth, this red blend combines the stuffing and balance to age elegantly for many, many years.
- Item #: i_265450Bottle Size: 750mlApproachable and rich, the 2014 Stewart Napa Valley Merlot boasts a bouquet of rose petals and milk chocolate which leads into a palate of lush cherry, plum, and wild raspberry. It has nicely balanced acidity and tannins giving a long, soft finish. The wine’s luxurious and refined texture make it wonderful to pair with food.
- Item #: i_268135Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottle- "Dense and a touch brooding, with plenty of sanguinity to the powerful dark plum, black currant and dried blackberry flavors. Hints of mint and cream show on the suave finish. Drink now through 2022."
- Item #: i_264840Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Mulled spices, ripe black cherries, graphite, and hints of chocolate emerge from the 2015 Merlot Northridge Vineyard. It's medium to full-bodied, pure, elegant and layered, with a seamless texture that continues to gain depth and richness with time in the glass. Brought up in 40% new oak, it's an elegant, gorgeous wine."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2015 Merlot Northridge Vineyard wafts from the glass with complex aromas of red and black fruit compote, candied peel, tobacco leaf and loamy soil. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, rich and chewy, with a sweet core of fruit that's complemented by plenty of savory complexity and a youthfully firm finish. This will need a few years in the cellar and should be worth following for a decade."