- Item #: i_206480Bottle Size: 750ML
The grapes are a mix of those off their estate vineyards and grapes from other select Napa Valley low-yielding vineyards. Dry-farmed for over 20 years, their 4.5 acre estate block consists of mature thirty-seven year old vines which typically yield around 2.5 tons/acre of hillside fruit. Interspersed among the head-trained vines are a handful of Petite Sirah vines representing perhaps 5% of the total vines in this block. A traditional field companion to Zinfandel in pre-prohibition California vineyards, Petite Sirah contributes pepper, color, and tannin structure to the wine.
- Item #: i_219630Bottle Size: 750mlZinfandel is California's heritage grape. Chronic Cellars loves Zin and loves to blend with it even more. It has all the fruit that one could want and is always accepting to bring in some friends to play with. The added spice of Tempranillo compliments the white pepper of the zin. Then there's the meat, smoke and leather of Syrah, which one can never go wrong with. Add in petite sirah and tannat with its big tannins, and it will always be a game winner. A blend of 74% Zinfandel, 15% Tempranillo, 16% Petite Sirah, 8% Tempranillo, and 2% Alicante Bouschet.
- Item #: i_232890Bottle Size: 750mlNamed for the old grist mill that was found on the property, Grist sits pretty at 1000 ft. elevation on Bradford Mountain in the Dry Creek Valley AVA. The site was originally planted 100 years ago, and has since been replanted in the early 1970s. Farming here is CCOF Organic. The 58 acres under vine are head trained and cane pruned, and have spectacular views of the fog line driving in 15 miles west from the Pacific Ocean. Between Grist and the beachfront lie 15 miles of mountain lions, deer, and unspoiled forest.
- Item #: i_247230Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91The Russian River Valley Zinfandel is a reflection of the quality of the vineyards involved in making this wine. This Zin comes almost exclusively from the Jensen Lane Vineyard (planted in 1915), the Limerick Lane Vineyard (planted in 1910), and the Carlisle Vineyard (planted in 1927). These older vine vineyards give us great fruit quality and concentration, while their Russian River Valley location helps provide good, crisp acidity making for a Zinfandel that is lively and extremely well-balanced.
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Vibrant and jammed with fresh pepper and black licorice aromas, leading to zesty, well-built blackberry pie and cinnamon flavors. Drink now through 2025. 1,686 cases made."
- Item #: i_217260Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleA blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Zinfandel, and 5% Merlot.
Winemaker's Notes: "Rich and complex, this wine begins with inviting aromas of cherry and ripe wild strawberry, combined with hints of wood smoke and toasted marshmallow from barrel aging. On the palate, juicy layers of brambleberry, black cherry and nectarine are supported by firm, yet refined, tannins and impressive weight. Excellent structure from the Cabernet draws this wine to a full, rich finish."
- Item #: i_274850Bottle Size: 750mlAromatics of braised short rib lightly dusted with white pepper and bay leaf, in a coffee and chocolate reduction sauce jump out of the glass. The mouth is extremely rich and full with a soft roundness. Flavors of fig and cocoa powder compliment the fine dusty tannins that linger on your tongue.