- Item #: i_211230Bottle Size: 750MLThe Ancient Vines Zinfandel draws primarily from a wide selection of their oldest, most historic and shyest-bearing Zinfandel blocks in Contra Costa County. Grapes were planted by Italian and Portuguese immigrants in the sandy, phylloxera-resistant soils of Oakley, California more than 100 years ago.
The 2018 Ancient Vines Zinfandel shows spicy, bright strawberry, with coffee and chocolate characters. Ripe fruit and soft tannins make this a mouth-coating rich vintage. Aging on new and used oak has lent this wine a subtle vanilla quality that nicely complements the explosive fruit notes. Enjoy now or cellar for 5 to 7 years.
- Item #: i_209561Bottle Size: 750mlCharlie II is the eldest of the fifth-generation of Napa Valley Wagners, and he oversees production for Mer Soleil, Silver, and Conundrum Red wines. He recalls seeing his grandfather blend wines based on taste rather than tradition, and those wines turned out delicious, and in developing the Conundrum red wine, Charlie II took his grandfather's approach. Deep garnet in color, the nose is floral with tones of lavender mixed with rich notes of dried berries, baking chocolate, and bacon. The palate is silky and round on the entry with acid to balance the high fruit concentration. This is a fruit forward wine, yet still has a good core of tannin to give the wine structure.
- Item #: i_241160Bottle Size: 750MLThe aromas and tastes of Zinzilla are blackberry, boysenberry, raspberry and dark cherry. This wine gives new meaning to the term "jammy". Zinzilla expresses dense layers of raspberries and chocolate.
- Item #: i_248420Bottle Size: 750MLThe Prisoner is an innovative red blend that takes its stylistic cue from the drinkable “mixed blacks” first made by Italian immigrants who originally settled the Napa Valley. In the late 90's there were a handful of Napa producers beginning to make this style of wine again and Dave Phinney became one of them.
A blend of Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, Syrah, and Charbono, the wine features enticing aromas of Bing cherry, dark chocolate, clove, and roasted fig. Persistent flavors of ripe raspberry, boysenberry, pomegranate, and vanilla linger harmoniously, for a smooth and luscious finish.
- Item #: i_248460Bottle Size: 750MLThe world Saldo has many different meanings in Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese. In Spanish it mainly refers to balance on hand, and sometimes it can mean from here and there. This wine represents the best of the best lots made by Dave from Vineyards all across Northern California.
This wine displays a dense ruby color and intriguing aromas of black fruits and baked blueberry pie. The palette is rich and full, yet velvety, offering dense concentration of flavor backed by good acidity. This Zinfandel has a persistent, long finish of roasted coffee beans, a hint of vanilla, peppery spice, and smooth tannins.
- Item #: i_255180Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleComing from several key vineyards in the Sierra Foothills and other regions in Northern California, this juicy, jammy Zinfandel is deep purple in color with powerful aromas of wild berries, clove and plum that emerge from the glass. Luscious, juicy layers of black cherry, blackberry and boysenberry integrate with nuances of allspice and burst on the palate. The berry flavors linger for an extended finish.
- Item #: i_255190Bottle Size: 750MLComing from several key vineyards in the Sierra Foothills and other regions in Northern California, this juicy, jammy Zinfandel is deep purple in color with powerful aromas of wild berries, clove and plum that emerge from the glass. Luscious, juicy layers of black cherry, blackberry and boysenberry integrate with nuances of allspice and burst on the palate. The berry flavors linger for an extended finish.
- Item #: i_276790Bottle Size: 750mlLuscious intensity of blackberries and pomegranate in appearance and depth. Fine notes of briary and dried thyme for an herbaceous periphery. The dual sensation of biting into a firm but dark ripe plum while also sampling a slice of boysenberry pie. Smooth tannins with structure and depth make for a bold and yet flowing style. Cinnamon and nutmeg add complexity to the potent and undulating finish.