- Item #: i_200455Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+A blend of 35% Zinfandel, 30% Barbera, 13% Grenache, 12% Petite Sirah, and 10% Carignane.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Red Blend Shift gives very pretty scents of violets and roses over a core of black cherries, cedar chest, dark chocolate and tapenade. Medium to full-bodied, it delivers mouth-filling black fruits with plenty of floral accents and a firm, grainy frame, finishing on a refreshing note."
- Item #: i_204170Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91It’s easy to say that Morgan Twain-Peterson was born into the wine industry… so let’s start there. Morgan is the son of legendary Ravenswood winemaker and Zinfandel legend Joel Peterson. At the age of 5, Morgan was able to distinguish Merlot from Zinfandel, and being the son of Joel, that made for some early learning of winemaking basics and eventually the essential techniques for fine winemaking. But Joel didn’t stop there. He went onto other wineries and regions to learn other methods, like working in the McLaren Vale region of Australia, and even working as a visiting winemaker at Château Lynch Bages in Bordeaux. Oh yeah…and he passed the Master of Wine exam!
Morgan only works with high quality fruit from high quality sites and ferments them in open top redwood and stainless steel fermenters then ages them in the sexiest French barrels from the coldest forests. The results are tremendous wines that range in style from opulent to elegant, yet taste exceptionally balanced!
ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "The 2018 Zinfandel Old Vine is bright, floral and beautifully perfumed. Crushed red berries, flowers and sweet spice give the 2018 a very pretty sense of lift. In 2018, the Old Vine is especially gracious and light on its feet. The blend incorporates fruit from a number of top sites, including Bedrock, Teldeschi, Esola, Pagani, Papera, Evangelho and Pato."
- Item #: i_207380Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92Under the expert farming of organic specialist Phil Coturri, Rossi Ranch has quickly returned to its former glory. Lots to be excited about here, as the fruit comes from vines planted in 1910! Medium-dark ruby-garnet. With aeration and swirling, aromas of kirsch liqueur and briery spice emerge from the glass. On the palate, tightly coiled but at the same time very poised and polished with no rusticity. Red fruits are echoed in the energetic, mineral-laden finish. Exceptionally well-balanced, this wine will age well and develop further complexity. When to drink? Wait a couple of years and then enjoy from 2020 to 2026.
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Features briary notes in spades, plus vibrant black raspberry, cracked pepper and anise flavors. Best from 2019 through 2027."
- Item #: i_277784Bottle Size: 750MLThe name Rocky Reserve comes from the deep red, rocky soils of the Florence Vineyard, 1400 feet above Lake Sonoma and Dry Creek Valley. This is a more elegant and restrained Zin, worthy of five or more years of cellaring, though it is packed with fragrant black and blue berry fruits.Nice dark-red in color, big blueberry-blackberry fruit, spicy-chocolatey oak, nicely focused acidity enhances mineral flavors, elegantly structured tannins for aging, super plush long finish!
- Item #: i_232890Bottle Size: 750mlNamed for the old grist mill that was found on the property, Grist sits pretty at 1000 ft. elevation on Bradford Mountain in the Dry Creek Valley AVA. The site was originally planted 100 years ago, and has since been replanted in the early 1970s. Farming here is CCOF Organic. The 58 acres under vine are head trained and cane pruned, and have spectacular views of the fog line driving in 15 miles west from the Pacific Ocean. Between Grist and the beachfront lie 15 miles of mountain lions, deer, and unspoiled forest.
- Item #: i_232910Bottle Size: 750mlEhren Jordan is a man of many talents, and many styles. For 18 years, he was the winemaker at Turley, crafting full-bodied, rich, opulent, spicy, and complex Zinfandels that would set the world on fire. We never received enough of the Turley wines, because the demand of their mailing list, but when we did get them, the wines would sell out in a day or two. To this day, we get more inquiries for Turley than almost any other Zinfandel.
Around the time Ehren started his stint as winemaker for Turley, he also started up his own winery with his wife, which they called Failla. In contrast to the hedonistic style of the Turley wines, the Failla wines were restrained, elegant, bright, fresh, yet amazingly complex Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs that would receive high praise from the critics. Now, we never saw a Zinfandel from Failla, and everybody speculated it was because he was still making the Turley Zins, but after Ehren and Turley parted ways in 2013, we figured it was only a matter of time until we saw something, because to be honest, Ehren is just so talented. Well…we're happy to say that the Day, so to speak, has come!
"Day" is the name of Ehren Jordan's new Zinfandel, and is a return to his winemaking roots. Similar to the approach at Failla, most of the Day Zinfandel wines are sourced from Sonoma County. Great sites, old vines, and gentle winemaking remain the production philosophy for Day. Ehren is more than thrilled to work with some of California's finest Zinfandel vineyards in Russian River, Dry Creek, and Alexander Valleys.
This wine is a blend of vineyards spanning the Russian River Valley and Dry Creek Valley. A savory nose of dried raspberry, blueberry compote, herbs and peppercorn, purple flower potpourri, and crushed stone. Elegant mouthfeel complete with subtle notes of sweet red cherry, tobacco, brown butter and bramble berry cobbler.
- Item #: i_216630Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2018 Heritage Vines Zinfandel is delicious and beautifully balanced. This vintage presents enticing aromatics of boysenberry, cranberry and plum with hints of coriander, cardamom and dark chocolate. On the palate, brambly flavors of blackberry and black cherry come forward. The wine is complex, with bright acidity complimented by deeper notes of cumin, black pepper and white pepper. The tannins are silky and smooth to lend a round, rich mouthfeel. From start to finish, this remarkable wine offers refreshing acidity paired with excellent structure.
- Item #: i_228810Bottle Size: 750MLHartford Family Winery began back in 1994 by Don and Jennifer Hartford. Since their inaugural release in 1996, Hartford has continued to produce wines with lots of personality and charisma. The single vineyard wines they produce range from as little as 90 to 800 cases and receive high accolades from the top wine critics. The Old Vine Zinfandel is produced from true old vines planted 80-100 years ago from some of California's oldest Zinfandel vineyards.
- Item #: i_200008Bottle Size: EACHGREAT NEWS SAM SEBASTIANI IS BACK IN THE WINE BUSINESS!
La Chertosa is named for the magnificent 14th century Renaissance monastery in the Tuscan valley of Farneta, Italy where the Sam Sebastiani ancestral roots began.At the 2014 California State Fair,Sam won "Double Gold" - Best Micro Red Award and Best of CLASS Region for his 2012 La Cheriosa resrve Amador County Zinfandel,and his 2012.
- Item #: i_253650Bottle Size: 750mlThe Mount Peak story begins more than a century ago at the celebrated Monte Rosso Vineyard (one of the truly great vineyards in Sonoma County) and culminates with the revival of Mount Peak Winery, a vistige of one of California's ghost wineries. These wines are inspired by this great place, and the new owners pay tribute to the extraordinary winery that once stood there by capturing its enduring spirit in the wine.
Rattlesnake Zinfandel is tribute to the crest called Rattlesnake Hill, the highest point of the Monte Rosso Vineyard and a site famous for rattlesnakes living among the vines. During the day, the snakes seek the abundant sunshine and in the evening, the coil inside and around the vines. This Zinfandel is fulled with an alluring mouthwatering quality with robust flavors that includes rupe blueberries, blackberries, cherry jam and fig all tied together by a brambly undertone. Accents of white pepper, licorice, and smoke weave through the wine, deepening throughout the luscious finish.
- Item #: i_238930Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2014 Liar’s Dice is as juicy as ever! The soft tannins invite ripe, yet fresh flavors of black raspberry, black cherry, and blackberry jam. This is created to be a second glass Zin! If you have one, you are certain to have a second. Baby back pork ribs, slow smoked for hours, are always a hit with the Liar’s Dice Zin, although it’s hard not to have a winning pair with just about anything coming off the grill or smoker.
- Item #: i_250290Bottle Size: 750mlPreston's Zinfandel grows along West Dry Creek Road on bench vineyards of red clay and gravel soils. Despite four years of ongoing drought, in 2016 they enjoyed a healthy, bountiful harvest after a summer of sunshine and slightly above-average temperatures.
Grapes are certified organic (CCOF) and their farming practices are Biodynamic. Fermentation is initiated spontaneously without the addition of commercial yeast or malolactic bacteria. Aromas of raspberry and dark cherry combine with a savory note akin to alpine herbs. Similar fruit flavors on the palate are accompanied by a hint of dried flowers and all carried by a tangy, lively acidity.
- Item #: i_252330Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2017 Zinfandel Black Boar includes about 21% Petite Sirah. Medium to deep ruby-purple in color, it offers aromas of cinnamon stick, tar, charcuterie and dried flowers with a core of jammy black fruits. The medium-bodied palate has well-managed ripeness, a firm, fresh frame and long, floral-laced finish. 662 cases produced."
- Item #: i_252370Bottle Size: 750mlIf you have not tasted the Quivira wines recently, then you are missing out! Producing wines from Sonoma's Dry Creek Valley AVA (located just north/center in the county), the region is bordered by the cool Russian River Valley to the south, and the warm Alexander Valley to its northwest. The result of being sandwiched between these two vastly different growing areas means Dry Creek Valley gets very cool nights, mild mornings, and warm afternoons; perfect for high-quality wine grapes! Quivira employs organic and biodynamic farming to maintain long-term the health of the vineyard and the resulting fruit. The biological diversity on the property is another important element towardw their goal of being self-sustainable. They also utilize a 55kw solar installation, manage their own half-acre compost pile, and are mindful of water conservation.
Aromas of mulberry, blackberry, and mocha entrance you from the start. A solid mouthfeel, the fruit reaffirms itself with blackberry, boysenberry, and raspberry preserves. Spicy notes of clove, dried sage, black pepper, and fennel appear along with Black Forest cake and "vin sauvage". Ten months of barrel aging in a mix of French, American, and Hungarian oak barrels add to the velvety finish of fine tannins.
- Item #: i_254580Bottle Size: 375MLVinous Media: 94**Please note, this is a half sized bottleANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Ridge's 2017 Lytton Springs opens up beautifully, with bright acids that drive a whole range of red/purplish fruit intermingled with floral notes. Creamy and ample in feel, the 2017 boasts superb balance and pedigree. Readers lucky enough to owe it should plan on cellaring it for at least a few years."
- Item #: i_254590Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Ridge's 2017 Lytton Springs opens up beautifully, with bright acids that drive a whole range of red/purplish fruit intermingled with floral notes. Creamy and ample in feel, the 2017 boasts superb balance and pedigree. Readers lucky enough to own it should plan on cellaring it for at least a few years."
- Item #: i_254500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "A wine that always delivers, the 2018 Geyserville from Ridge comes all from a single vineyard in the Alexander Valley and checks in as 68% Zinfandel, 20% Carignane, 10% Petite Sirah, and the rest Alicante Bouschet. It has a big, cedary bouquet of red and black plums, sandalwood, potpourri, and Asian spices that develops and fills out nicely with time in the glass. This carries to a more medium-bodied Zinfandel that has wonderful purity of fruit, present yet ripe tannins, flawless balance, and a great, great finish. This structured yet ethereal example of this cuvee ranks with the finest vintages to date. Drink it any time over the coming 10-15 years."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS -"Robust yet brooding, with multilayered black plum, licorice and Asian five-spice powder flavors that build richness toward big, briary tannins. Zinfandel, Carignane, Petite Sirah and Alicante Bouschet. Best from 2022 through 2030"
- Item #: i_254660Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 93Ridge Vineyards Three Valley red has been one of our best-selling blends in our Zinfandel section for many years. Its style is in the middle, not quit classic but also not on the "jammy" end of the spectrum either, showing dark fruit, hints of pepper and spices and tobacco notes. A blend of 70% Zinfandel, 45% Petite Sirah, 12% Carignane, and 2% Grenache, texturally this vintage shows a lot of finesse, its medium body glides across the palate with ease. Whether you are popping this with BBQ foods / roasted meats or just enjoying a glass over a good conversation this easy drinking red over delivers!
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Three Valleys is another terrific 2018 from this team. A blend of 70% Zinfandel, 14% Petite Sirah, 12% Carignan, and the rest Mataro, it plays in the medium-bodied, elegant end of the spectrum and has wonderful purity in its blue fruits, peppery herbs, violets, and sandalwood aromas and flavors. Nicely textured, elegant, and seamless on the palate, with good acidity, this ethereal, balanced beauty can be drunk today or cellared for 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_257910Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is from Sonoma County sub-region and Dry Creek Valley appellation. Ginos Vineyard is a five-acre parcel in the rocky hillsides on the eastern bench of the valley. The vineyard was planted to Zinfandel about 25 years ago and produces quintessential Dry Creek Zin style wines with lots of brownginger spices and juicy raspberry and cherry fruit.
- Item #: i_259000Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 93JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Zinfandel Cortina offers more complexity in its earth dark fruits, underbrush, Caramelized cherries, and spice. Rich, medium to full-bodied, with ripe tannins and a solid sense of purity and freshness, this is a classy yet pleasure bent Zinfandel that will keep for a decade."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90+ POINTS - "The 2016 Zinfandel Cortina is medium ruby in color and youthfully coiled on the nose, taking its time to release scents of sliced nectarine, rhubarb, boysenberry and blueberry accented by dried flowers, warm earth, garrigue and loads of spiciness. The palate is still tight and reticent to show its juicy fruits. It has a soft texture and very pleasing, juicy acidity, finishing long. I suspect this will reward another couple of years in bottle. 2,458 cases produced."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Brooding and appealingly briary, with dark cherry, fresh sage and smoked pepper flavors that persist toward broad-shouldered tannins. Best from 2020 through 2027. 2,458 cases made."
- Item #: i_259235Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Loaded with rich, jammy fruit, this plump Zin is a pleasure to drink, with bold accents of wild berry, spicy cinnamon and licorice that glide dynamically toward plush tannins. Drink now through 2025."
- Item #: i_274039Bottle Size: 375MLWine Spectator: 90**Please note, this is a half sized bottleThe Seghesio wines seem to always light up our mouths with a combination of great flavors that you just don't get in many other Zinfandels. They have established quite a consistent track record for high scores on their wines! More recent rendition of Seghesio's Zinfandels have earned places on Wine Spectator's Top 100 Wines list, and if the current releases and scores are any indications, they are a shoe-in to make it on this list for 2018!
Seghesio Family Vineyards was established in 1895 when Italian immigrant and winemaker Edoardo Seghesio planted his first Zinfandel vineyard in what is now Seghesio's Home Ranch Vineyard in Sonoma County's Alexander Valley. Edoardo and his wife Angela continued to tend their vineyards through Prohibition and were one of approximately 100 wineries to survive that era. Post-prohibition, Seghesio was a key supplier of grapes and bulk wine to large California wineries. Today, fourth generation family member Ted Seghesio makes the Seghesio wines and the family has become renowned for exceptional Zinfandels and Italian varietals.
Their Sonoma County Zinfandel comes from diverse lots of Zinfandel that span the Sonoma landscape. Each of these lots is produced under the careful eye of Ted Seghesio and he blends a small amount of Petite Sirah to honor century old traditions and to provide color and structure.
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Generous, with fresh fruit, accented by cherry jam, dried sage and white pepper flavors, lingering on a sleek finish. Drink now through 2027."
- Item #: i_270450Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+Vinous Media: 93+ANTONIO GALLONI 93+ POINTS - "The 2017 Zinfandel Fredericks Vineyard is really exuberant, heady and powerful. I did not see this from barrel. It screams with varietal character, but at the same time, the 2017 needs quite a bit of time to come together, as it is decidedly intense. I would cellar it for a few years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The Fredericks vineyard is located very close to the Napa border in the Moon Mountain AVA, planted in 1937 on terraces at an elevation of 900 feet. Deep ruby-purple in the glass, the 2017 Zinfandel Fredericks Vineyard gives aromas of preserved peach, blueberry, boysenberry, cinnamon toast and warm baking spice, with a black cherry liqueur and baked blackberries core plus a rocky hint. Medium to full-bodied, it's youthfully coiled in the mouth with dense layers of fruit and earthy nuances, firm, fine-grained tannins and great freshness to lift the long finish. 1,450 cases produced."
- Item #: i_295650Bottle Size: 750mlValravn is born from bush-pruned vines ranging in age from 50 to 105-years-old, harvested between September 14th and October 2nd. Hand harvesting each vineyard parcel allowed for selection of only the most pristine bunches which averaged 26 brix at harvest. Grapes were hand sorted and gently destemmed before fermentation.
A very lifted aroma of simmering berry sauce emanates from the glass. In the mouth there is a cascade of blue and red fruits alike, comprised of copious amounts of blueberry, cassis, and blackberry compote with the faintest hint of blood orange lingering around the perimeter of the core. It is framed in a mocha bean and chocolate ganache flavor. The energetic and long finish presents a sense of freshness that invites further Drinking.