- Item #: i_206230Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker Erik miller was inspired to begin this new project by an emerging style of California wines that are lighter in alcohol, crunchy in acidity, and bright in appearance. Erik was originally introduced to this style of wine by Cru Beaujolais, and decided to craft their own interpretation of this from two of their favorite varietals, Zinfandel and Grenache. The defining characteristic is whole-cluster fermentation (carbonic maceration), which lends a crunchy, herbaceous character to the wine. The goal is a very hands-off approach to winemaking that highlights the purity of fruit, and deliciousness of a lighter bodied red wine that preferably should be served slightly chilled.
The defining characteristic is whole-cluster fermentation (carbonic maceration). Breaking Bread uses all native yeast for spontaneous fermentation, all native bacteria for malolactic fermentation, and add no Sulphur throughout fermentation. The goal is a very hands-off approach to winemaking that highlights the purity of fruit, and deliciousness of a lighterbodied red wine. The result is a fresh, crisp wine, that preferably should be served slightly chilled, which has a back bone of acidity and an unmistakable minerality that leaves your palate wanting more.
- Item #: i_218260Bottle Size: 750MLThis 2017 Mendocino County Zinfandel begins with concentrated aromas of baking spices including; cinnamon and cloves. Those spices give way to aromas of blackberries, black currants, and dried sage. The texture is round, and the fruit expression is focused and lush. Subtle and integrated tannins accentuate the richness of the wine, while pleasant acidity keeps it fresh on the finish.
- Item #: i_236760Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 54% Zinfandel, 37% Carignan, 5% Petite Sirah, 3% Pinot Noir, and 1% Cabernet Sauvignon from vineyards that are organic or converting to organic farming. This vintage can make your homebound meal sing. Glou Glou is the kind of light red that tastes like sparkles and bright, summer fruit. It has enough acid to stand up to your favorite pasta and tomato sauce, with intense berry notes that can perfectly complement a smoky, tangy BLT. Serve slightly chilled—this is the most refreshing red wine ever, and the perfect antidote to long evenings at home. Most of the grapes underwent carbonic maceration, the classic fermentation method of the Beaujolais, which means that fermentation happened inside of berries themselves, causing them to explode in happy, boozy ecstasy. That's how you'll feel when you drink this wine—it dances in your mouth.
- Item #: i_265470Bottle Size: 750mlWinery's Tasting Notes: "We keep the temperatures on our fermentations moderate to develop the color and flavors inherent in this wine. We age the Pacini Vineyard Zinfandel in American oak barrels for 12 months. The nose is full of ripe cherry and blueberry with undertones of toasted hazelnut and vanilla. The palate is full of ripe wild berries, spice, and cherry cola, with dusty cocoa and light tannin on the finish. The wine has great structure, and is well balanced."
- Item #: i_274850Bottle Size: 750mlAromatics of braised short rib lightly dusted with white pepper and bay leaf, in a coffee and chocolate reduction sauce jump out of the glass. The mouth is extremely rich and full with a soft roundness. Flavors of fig and cocoa powder compliment the fine dusty tannins that linger on your tongue.