- Item #: i_211210Bottle Size: 750mlWe have been looking for a delicious Zinfandel at this price point for some time, and we think we've found a winner! Ancient Peaks sits in the Paso Robles appellation, 22 miles south of the city of Paso Robles and just 14 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Here, the surrounding peaks of the Santa Lucia Mountain Range act as a gateway between the ocean-cooled environs below the grade and the warmer climes above the grade. When the days heat up in the areas north and east of Margarita Vineyard, the air rises to create a vacuum that pulls marine breezes and fog inland over the peaks, and right through the vineyard. This means the fruit gets ripe, without any "off" flavors, yet the cooling afternoon breezes help the resulting wine to retain freshness and acidity.
Ancient Peaks' 2018 Zinfandel offers deep, savory aromas of black cherry and plum with notes of vanilla, tobacco and dusty spice. Bright, brambly flavors of red raspberry and boysenberry unfold across a juicy texture with hints of cedar wood and black tea. Fresh acidity adds lift and structure to a sleek, peppery finish.
- Item #: i_276094Bottle Size: 750mlEberle's 2018 Zinfandel has a palate and nose that is filled with rich blackberry, ripe raspberry and vivid strawberry combined with spices of black pepper, clove, and cinnamon. A medium-bodied wine that is well-balanced and embodies true varietal characteristics. This wine often surprises those expecting a big and bold Zinfandel, as our version shows restraint and balance bringing forth how elegant a Zinfandel can be.
- Item #: i_239080Bottle Size: 750mlBright dark garnet black color. Rich, fruity, jammy peppery earthy aromas of black raspberry jam, black plums, gravel, and black pepper with a bright, dry full body and a peppery, medium-length finish with firm, woody tannins and moderate oak.
- Item #: i_249060Bottle Size: 750mlPatrick McNeil found Paydirt in the western hillsides of Paso Robles and in winemaker McPrice Myers. Patrick and McPrice focus on the cooler sites of Paso Robles, where California's greatest daily shift in temperature and limestone-rich soils provide the ideal environment for extremely rich and balanced zinfandels.
A blend of 84% Zinfandel, 6% Syrah, 4% Grenache, 3% Mourvedre, and 3% Petite Sirah, the nose is filled with ripe blackberries, plum, sweet tobacco, dark chocolate, and cranberry relish. The palate is densely packed with ripe berries, brown spice, sweet Cuban coffee, and chalky minerality. The finish is persistent, layered and vibrant, with a nice touch of spice.
- Item #: i_276740Bottle Size: 750mlThe Wheelhouse Zinfandel has become known for its ample fruit with nuanced textures, a Paso Robles hallmark. The 2018 vintage is as sleek and flavorful as ever with cranberry and bright cherries up front. It features pomegranate, ripe figs, anise, and vanilla on the nose. Tobacco flavors become apparent and cocoa powder notes appear. The finish stretches delightfully, expressive and quenching to the very end.
- Item #: i_270475Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 93-95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2018 Zinfandel Ueberroth Vineyard has a deep ruby-purple color and scents of apricot, burnt tangerine peel, underbrush and floral potpourri with a dense core of black and red fruits. The medium-bodied palate explodes with flavor! Its floral and spice-laced fruits are supported by a super fresh, silky frame, and it finishes long and layered. What an elegant expression this vintage."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93-95 POINTS - "The 2018 Zinfandel Ueberroth Vineyard is another potent and tannic wine in this range. All of that structure works well to play off the racy, bold Paso fruit that runs through its veins. Iron, smoke, menthol and game undertones give this striking Zinfandel gorgeous layers of complexity. Readers lucky enough to find the Ueberroth can look forward to many years of fine drinking."
- Item #: i_270840Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "Coming all from the 4 Hearts Vineyard and based on 78% Zinfandel and 22% Tempranillo, the 2018 Westberg Red just about jumps out of the glass with its red, black, and blue fruits as well as notes of incense, spice box, chocolate, and leathery aromas and flavors. Full-bodied and beautifully done, it has a light, elegant texture and a great finish. This killer Paso Robles red does everything right and will evolve for a solid 10-12 years."