- Item #: i_277784Bottle Size: 750MLThe name Rocky Reserve comes from the deep red, rocky soils of the Florence Vineyard, 1400 feet above Lake Sonoma and Dry Creek Valley. This is a more elegant and restrained Zin, worthy of five or more years of cellaring, though it is packed with fragrant black and blue berry fruits.Nice dark-red in color, big blueberry-blackberry fruit, spicy-chocolatey oak, nicely focused acidity enhances mineral flavors, elegantly structured tannins for aging, super plush long finish!
- Item #: i_232890Bottle Size: 750mlNamed for the old grist mill that was found on the property, Grist sits pretty at 1000 ft. elevation on Bradford Mountain in the Dry Creek Valley AVA. The site was originally planted 100 years ago, and has since been replanted in the early 1970s. Farming here is CCOF Organic. The 58 acres under vine are head trained and cane pruned, and have spectacular views of the fog line driving in 15 miles west from the Pacific Ocean. Between Grist and the beachfront lie 15 miles of mountain lions, deer, and unspoiled forest.
- Item #: i_228810Bottle Size: 750MLHartford Family Winery began back in 1994 by Don and Jennifer Hartford. Since their inaugural release in 1996, Hartford has continued to produce wines with lots of personality and charisma. The single vineyard wines they produce range from as little as 90 to 800 cases and receive high accolades from the top wine critics. The Old Vine Zinfandel is produced from true old vines planted 80-100 years ago from some of California's oldest Zinfandel vineyards.
- Item #: i_229910Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2017 Zinfandel Mike And Molly charges out of the gate with gregarious scents of stewed plums, baked blackberries and raspberry pie plus suggestions of incense, Chinese five spice and tobacco leaf with a waft of hoisin. Full-bodied, concentrated and ever so spicy, the palate is packed with baked berry flavors with lively acidity to balance and pleasantly chewy tannins, finishing long and peppery."
- Item #: i_249101Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of 48% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Petite Verdot, 12% Zinfandel, 8% Petite Sirah, 8% Syrah, 6% Tempranillo, and 3% Merlot, this rich, luxurious and complex wine begins with alluring aromas of ripe cherry, red currant, cranberry and blueberry, along with sophisticated notes of sandalwood, clove, anise and black tea. On the palate, smooth, silky tannins underscore the lush black cherry and currant flavors, with hints of chocolate, spice and cracked pepper adding depth and nuance to the long, flowing finish.
- Item #: i_254500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Wine Spectator: 93Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsA few weeks ago, we e-mailed out the Ridge Pagani Zin. Now we were blown away by the quality of the wine, but the demand from you, our customers, showed that we were not alone in loving the wines from Ridge. So, in keeping the good wines coming, we have just secured an allotment of Ridge's Geyserville Zinfandel-blend, and this wine has scored even higher than the Pagani that sold out a few weeks ago!
Ridge has made the Geyserville as a single-site Zinfandel every year since 1966! The grapes are grown in three adjoining vineyards on a defined stretch of gravelly soil on the western edge of Alexander Valley. The vines on the property range in age from 15 - 125 years, making them some of the oldest vines in California! Carignane and Petite Sirah are interplanted in the vineyard, a method called mixed-blacks, and are fermented along with the Zinfandel for greater harmony. Both primary and secondary fermentations occur naturally (they are not inoculated), and the wine is aged entirely in American oak barrels, which is the historic norm for Zinfandel.
This Geyserville bottling has every bit of pedigree and excitement as the Pagani bottling, yet the Geyserville has earned 96 points from Robert Parker's Wine Advocate, making it one of the highest scoring Zins or Zin-blends of the vintage! Grab it now while you can!
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2018 Geyserville is a blend of 68% Zinfandel, 20% Carignane, 10% Petite Sirah and 2% Alicante Bouschet. It's incredibly alluring, offering up layers of warm, tricolored fruits and loads of spicy accents on the nose, with a dusty, mineral-tinged undercurrent that adds to its appeal. In the mouth, it's generously fruited and fantastically juicy, its silt-like tannins providing just enough support, and it finishes very long and layered. 9,900 cases produced."
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "A wine that always delivers, the 2018 Geyserville from Ridge comes all from a single vineyard in the Alexander Valley and checks in as 68% Zinfandel, 20% Carignane, 10% Petite Sirah, and the rest Alicante Bouschet. It has a big, cedary bouquet of red and black plums, sandalwood, potpourri, and Asian spices that develops and fills out nicely with time in the glass. This carries to a more medium-bodied Zinfandel that has wonderful purity of fruit, present yet ripe tannins, flawless balance, and a great, great finish. This structured yet ethereal example of this cuvee ranks with the finest vintages to date. Drink it any time over the coming 10-15 years."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94+ POINTS - "The 2018 Geyserville is an infant. That much is obvious, especially in this lineup of otherwise more settled 2018s. Ripe Zinfandel flavors drive the overall profile. A blast of wild cherry, leather, tobacco, smoke, licorice, menthol and spice hit the palate first, followed by swaths of tannin and a touch of new oak that suggest the wine still needs time to come together. Readers should be in no rush. I am not sure the 2018 will ever be truly refined, as it is quite burly today. Aeration helps to some degree. The fermentations at Geyserville were slow to start and slow to finish. That longer time of extraction comes through in potent tannins that will likely always mark the wine."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS -"Robust yet brooding, with multilayered black plum, licorice and Asian five-spice powder flavors that build richness toward big, briary tannins. Zinfandel, Carignane, Petite Sirah and Alicante Bouschet. Best from 2022 through 2030"
- Item #: i_254590Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 96ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "The 2018 Lytton Springs is magnificent. Elegant, layered and so complete, the 2018 has a lot to offer, but it needs time to fully come together. Sweet red cherry, red plum, blood orange, spice, mint and rose petal open up in the glass. Bright acids and beams of tannin give the wine its vibrant energy. Readers should plan on cellaring the 2018 for at least a few years. Wow!"
- Item #: i_255190Bottle Size: 750MLComing from several key vineyards in the Sierra Foothills and other regions in Northern California, this juicy, jammy Zinfandel is deep purple in color with powerful aromas of wild berries, clove and plum that emerge from the glass. Luscious, juicy layers of black cherry, blackberry and boysenberry integrate with nuances of allspice and burst on the palate. The berry flavors linger for an extended finish.
- Item #: i_259000Bottle Size: 750mlAlways one of Seghesio's most elegant and polished expressions of Zinfandel, Cortina has a bold flavor profile while being balanced and lithe on the palate. Notes of boysenberry, mulberry, cedar and clove complement the wine's finely integrated tannins. A perfect partner to this wine would be a rack or leg of lamb. The richness of the wine and the combination of berry and spice notes would meld perfectly with the rich and slightly gamey flavor of lamb.
- Item #: i_255280Bottle Size: 750mlGorgeous purple hue, the nose is bright with raspberry compote, red plum, cinnamon and a hint of bramble. Full-bodied and bursting with fruit, the palate boasts dried black cherries, nutmeg and pie crust. The finish is both smooth and long, indicating an already developing wine that will only continue to grow in complexity.
- Item #: i_268850Bottle Size: 750MLAnybody who has come into our store asking about Zinfandel has heard us raving about this gem for the past few years, which has been one of our favorite Zinfandels at the yearly Zinfandel Advocates and Producers (ZAP) tasting. Proprietors Timm and Sharon Crull's vineyards are in the Rutherford area of Napa Valley, a stone's throw from such big names as Quintessa, Heitz, and Sloan, just to give you an idea of how great these vineyards are!
The 2017 vintage has a gorgeous medium purple hue, with rich aromas blackberry, black cherry, cacao, cinnamon, nutmeg and a hint of vanilla. The palate showcases complex flavors of black plum and ripe blackberry with savory white pepper, baking spices and espresso on the finish. The soft integrated tannin and long finish draw you back for the next sip. Drink now, or age for 5-8 years.
- Item #: i_266840Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "Wine blended from Zinfandel (34%) from the Foothills of the Sierra Nevada and our estate, Petite Sirah (23%) from our estate and a sweet little vineyard in Paso Robles, and Cabernet Sauvignon (43%) from our "front yard" estate and the Guarino Vineyard in Calistoga (both Tres Sabores and the Guarino Vineyard are dry-farmed). Dry-farmed grapes inform my harvesting decisions as I love the fresh acidity and lower alcohols that come from picking grapes at their prime Call it the 'juiciness' (as opposed to jaminess) quotient!"
- Item #: i_270190Bottle Size: 750mlCedarman is a proprietary blend of certified organic fruit from some of the highest elevation plantings on Howell Mountain. Primarily Zinfandel, Turley uses a small amount of Petite Syrah as well, resulting in a truly powerful, dense and wild wine, long on flavor. Wild berries, cracked pepper, game, pine forest—the perfect wine for cabin-goers and cabinfever-havers alike. For fans of bold and full flavor, the wine has tons of brambly fruits and signature mountain brawn. A serious steal, the Cedarman is exemplary in 2018. Can decant or lay down, though does not require either.
- Item #: i_270860Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92-94ANTONIO GALLONI 92-94 POINTS - "The 2018 Zinfandel Judge Bell Vineyard is very pretty, aromatic and nuanced. Crushed red berries, mint, blood orange, rose petal, red raspberry and mint are all nicely laced together in a gracious and pretty mid-weight Zinfandel that has so much to offer."