- Item #: i_211210Bottle Size: 750mlWe have been looking for a delicious Zinfandel at this price point for some time, and we think we've found a winner! Ancient Peaks sits in the Paso Robles appellation, 22 miles south of the city of Paso Robles and just 14 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Here, the surrounding peaks of the Santa Lucia Mountain Range act as a gateway between the ocean-cooled environs below the grade and the warmer climes above the grade. When the days heat up in the areas north and east of Margarita Vineyard, the air rises to create a vacuum that pulls marine breezes and fog inland over the peaks, and right through the vineyard. This means the fruit gets ripe, without any "off" flavors, yet the cooling afternoon breezes help the resulting wine to retain freshness and acidity.
Ancient Peaks' 2018 Zinfandel offers deep, savory aromas of black cherry and plum with notes of vanilla, tobacco and dusty spice. Bright, brambly flavors of red raspberry and boysenberry unfold across a juicy texture with hints of cedar wood and black tea. Fresh acidity adds lift and structure to a sleek, peppery finish.
- Item #: i_219630Bottle Size: 750mlZinfandel is California's heritage grape. Chronic Cellars loves Zin and loves to blend with it even more. It has all the fruit that one could want and is always accepting to bring in some friends to play with. The added spice of Tempranillo compliments the white pepper of the zin. Then there's the meat, smoke and leather of Syrah, which one can never go wrong with. Add in petite sirah and tannat with its big tannins, and it will always be a game winner. A blend of 74% Zinfandel, 15% Tempranillo, 16% Petite Sirah, 8% Tempranillo, and 2% Alicante Bouschet.
- Item #: i_221500Bottle Size: 750mlPours the color of darkest night. Heady aromas of bleuberry pie, luxurious suede couches, ham paninis, unlit menthol cigarettes and roquefort tarts. Firm tannins anchor flavors of grilled meats, cherry cola, sweet carob and black licorice chews, all cased up together conveniently in a cigar humidifier. Drink now. You know you're going to, anyway.
- Item #: i_239080Bottle Size: 750mlBright dark garnet black color. Rich, fruity, jammy peppery earthy aromas of black raspberry jam, black plums, gravel, and black pepper with a bright, dry full body and a peppery, medium-length finish with firm, woody tannins and moderate oak.
- Item #: i_202220Bottle Size: 750mlMcPrice Myers' Zinfandel is a relative newcomer to his "Blue Collar" line-up. Sourced from Westside Paso vineyards it has a splash of Syrah and Mourvedre. As you would expect from Paso, this is a big, rich wine that still retains freshness, along with notes of bramble, sweet leather, red licorice, candied cherry, red plum, cherry cola, rhubarb, vanilla, pecan pie, green peppercorn, applewood smoked bacon, spearmint.
- Item #: i_248090Bottle Size: 750MLIn just a matter of a few years, owners Rick Quinn and Dave Nichols have made Opolo one of the shining stars of Paso Robles' "Westside". Their forward, fruit driven, consumer friendly wines (and awesome tasting room staff) combine to make this spot a "must see" on any wine lover's trip to this ever-evolving region.
Harvested from their vineyards located in the Adelaide range of the Santa Lucia Mountains, the resulting grapes are of exceptional quality due to their enviable growing condition of warm days balanced by cool breezes from the Pacific Ocean. They were fermented in open top bins (not tanks), and aged in American oak, the preferred barrels for Zinfandel, for 10 months.
What does this all mean? It means that when you taste this black/garnet wine, your mouth is awash in big bold fruit flavors that feature ripe black cherries, raspberries, currants and spices. Its soft tannins, balanced acidity, and sexy profile will easily satisfy the Zin Beast in everyone!
- Item #: i_249060Bottle Size: 750mlPatrick McNeil found Paydirt in the western hillsides of Paso Robles and in winemaker McPrice Myers. Patrick and McPrice focus on the cooler sites of Paso Robles, where California's greatest daily shift in temperature and limestone-rich soils provide the ideal environment for extremely rich and balanced zinfandels.
A blend of 84% Zinfandel, 6% Syrah, 4% Grenache, 3% Mourvedre, and 3% Petite Sirah, the nose is filled with ripe blackberries, plum, sweet tobacco, dark chocolate, and cranberry relish. The palate is densely packed with ripe berries, brown spice, sweet Cuban coffee, and chalky minerality. The finish is persistent, layered and vibrant, with a nice touch of spice.