- Item #: i_266970Bottle Size: 750MLThis is Storybook's primary estate wine from 100% Napa Valley organically grown estate grapes,. Here you will find all the richness and fruit for which Zinfandel is famous, plus the depth and structure associated with Napa hillside vineyards, and the balance for which Storybook wines are known. Crafted to be enjoyed on release, the wine's notable depth and balance will continue its appeal well into the future.
- Item #: i_268850Bottle Size: 750MLAnybody who has come into our store asking about Zinfandel has heard us raving about this gem for the past few years, which has been one of our favorite Zinfandels at the yearly Zinfandel Advocates and Producers (ZAP) tasting. Proprietors Timm and Sharon Crull's vineyards are in the Rutherford area of Napa Valley, a stone's throw from such big names as Quintessa, Heitz, and Sloan, just to give you an idea of how great these vineyards are!
One of the three estate grown varietals, Terraces Zinfandel is always a fan favorite. The 2016 vintage has a deep ruby color, with aromas of ripe raspberry, fresh blackberry, toasted cedar, vanilla and baking spice. The palate is bright with mouth-watering acidity and complex flavors of cranberry, baked red cherry, espresso, and a touch of white pepper. The generous finish and soft integrated tannin draw you back for the next sip. Drink now, or age for 5-8 years for optimum enjoyment.
- Item #: i_268760Bottle Size: 750mlConsisting of 53% Grenache, 43% Mourvedre, and 4% Cinsault, this Bandol-inspired Rose is a beauty, featuring aromas and flavors of citrus and stone fruits, highlighted by cherry, watermelon rind, grapefruit, nectarine and peach flavors. The wine has firm balancing acidity and both inviting aromas and a long finish on the palate. The medium bodied frame is layered, textured, balanced and elegant, and the wine will drink well on release or age for 5-7 years. It is a perfect accompaniment to a wide variety of seafood, pasta and fowl and best served at or slightly above cellar temperature.
- Item #: i_276638Bottle Size: 750MLDeep, dark, intense, ruby color. Rich fruit berry aroma with spice. Intense raspberry and black cherry with a thick velvety texture. Full and jammy, with hints of spice and pepper on the finish.
- Item #: i_274850Bottle Size: 750mlAromatics of braised short rib lightly dusted with white pepper and bay leaf, in a coffee and chocolate reduction sauce jump out of the glass. The mouth is extremely rich and full with a soft roundness. Flavors of fig and cocoa powder compliment the fine dusty tannins that linger on your tongue.
- Item #: i_270450Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+ANTONIO GALLONI 93+ POINTS - "The 2017 Zinfandel Fredericks Vineyard is really exuberant, heady and powerful. I did not see this from barrel. It screams with varietal character, but at the same time, the 2017 needs quite a bit of time to come together, as it is decidedly intense. I would cellar it for a few years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The Fredericks vineyard is located very close to the Napa border in the Moon Mountain AVA, planted in 1937 on terraces at an elevation of 900 feet. Deep ruby-purple in the glass, the 2017 Zinfandel Fredericks Vineyard gives aromas of preserved peach, blueberry, boysenberry, cinnamon toast and warm baking spice, with a black cherry liqueur and baked blackberries core plus a rocky hint. Medium to full-bodied, it's youthfully coiled in the mouth with dense layers of fruit and earthy nuances, firm, fine-grained tannins and great freshness to lift the long finish. 1,450 cases produced."
- Item #: i_270250Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The Pesenti vineyard was planted in the 1920s on limestone soils. Deep ruby in color, the 2017 Zinfandel Pesenti Vineyard gives savory notes of charcuterie over dried brambly fruits and crushed black cherries with hints of dried soil. Medium to full-bodied, it offers savory-laced fruits in the mouth with soft, grainy tannins and great freshness, finishing long with pretty dried flowers notes. 2,400 cases produced."
- Item #: i_275399Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Zinfandel Steacy Ranch comes from a vineyard planted in 1907 to Zinfandel as well as Grenache and Carignane. It has a medium to deep ruby-purple color and very spicy, singular nose of black licorice, dried black cherries and dried blackcurrants with notes of stone and blue fruits at the core plus cedar and soil touches. Medium to full-bodied, it offers lots of spices in the mouth with wonderfully ripe, lush black fruits accented by peachy notes, framed by mouthwatering acidity and soft, grainy tannins, finishing long. 1,000 cases produced."
- Item #: i_270840Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "There are few estates in California today that are more exciting than Don Burns' Turtle Rock. Pulling from some of the top vineyards on the westside of Paso Robles and making the wines as Justin Smith's Saxum estate, Burns has consistently produced some of the wines of the vintage since his first releases in 2014. As I wrote in the past, readers interested in finding the next up and coming superstar in Paso Robles need to put Don and Claudia Burns' Turtle Rock estate at the top of their list."
"The Zinfandel-dominated 2017 Westberg Red (which includes 24% Tempranillo) is another saturated purple-colored effort from winemaker Don Burns that offers an earthy, meaty bouquet of black fruits, plums, Asian spices, flowers incense, and blood orange. It's ripe, sexy, rounded, and just a beautiful drink. I'd be thrilled to have bottles in the cellar."
ROBERT PARKER'S VINOUS MEDIA 95 POINTS - "A blend of 76% Zinfandel and 24% Tempranillo aged 22 months in 60% new oak, the medium ruby-purple colored 2017 Westberg Red is scented of cranberry, sour cherries, sliced peaches, purple flowers, earth and charcuterie, blossoming with time to loads of bright, high-toned nuances. Medium to full-bodied, it explodes with perfumed flavor layers, gently framed but über juicy, finishing long and loaded with flavor. 195 cases were made."
- Item #: i_295650Bottle Size: 750mlValravn is born from bush-pruned vines ranging in age from 50 to 105-years-old, harvested between September 14th and October 2nd. Hand harvesting each vineyard parcel allowed for selection of only the most pristine bunches which averaged 26 brix at harvest. Grapes were hand sorted and gently destemmed before fermentation.
A very lifted aroma of simmering berry sauce emanates from the glass. In the mouth there is a cascade of blue and red fruits alike, comprised of copious amounts of blueberry, cassis, and blackberry compote with the faintest hint of blood orange lingering around the perimeter of the core. It is framed in a mocha bean and chocolate ganache flavor. The energetic and long finish presents a sense of freshness that invites further Drinking.