- Item #: i_206060Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92We’ve tasted this over the years and each time we do, it has impressed and electrified us! It's the Sauv Blanc that many wish they could make, and the type that everybody loves to drink. This is Brander's best Sauvignon Blanc, made from selected estate grapes in the classic Loire Valley style; 100% Sauv Blanc, with no oak and no malolactic fermentation.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2018 Sauvignon Blanc Au Naturel is soft, creamy and so inviting. Hints of petrol, lime and jasmine add an exotic flair that is impossible to miss. The Au Naturel is another of the wines in the range that emphasizes the texture and breadth Sauvignon can achieve."
- Item #: i_215960Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95If you've ever had any of the Dagueneau Sauvignon Blancs from France's Loire Valley, then you know those wines are things of beauty. It was over a glass of Dagueneau that brothers Steve and John Dragonette and close friend Brandon Sparks-Gillis decided to leave their jobs at a Los Angeles wine shop and search throughout Santa Barbara's Santa Ynez Valley to find vineyards that could best exemplify the enticing characteristics of this grape. They have found those vineyards, and now their Sauvignon Blancs have become some of our favorites! The Vogelzang Vineyard is our favorite bottling of Sauvignon Blanc from the boys. Situated on a gently sloping bed of well-drained, gravelly loam with serpentine, the warm to hot summer days and cool to cold evenings is ideal for promoting full phenolic ripeness while still retaining critical acidity.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Sauvignon Blanc Vogelzang Vineyard comes from more gravelly soils and spent 12 months in 10% new oak followed by six months in tank. It's the most exotic of the releases and has a big perfume of exotic flowers, white currants, figs, and honeysuckle. Beautifully textured, medium-bodied, with good acidity but plenty of richness and length, it's another singular, gorgeous Sauvignon Blanc from this estate that's up with the best of the best."
- Item #: i_215991Bottle Size: 750mlThe boys at Dragonette bonded over a bottle of Didier Dagueneau, and searched throughout Santa Barbara's Santa Ynez Valley to find vineyards that could best exemplify the enticing characteristics of this grape. They have found those vineyards, and now their Sauvignon Blancs have become some of our favorites! Happy Canyon, with its unique soils and climate - warm to hot summer days and cool to cold evenings - is ideal for promoting full phenolic ripeness while still retaining critical acidity. This bottling represents an appellation blend of lots they feel express the characteristics of Happy Canyon; explosive, bright yellow and tropical fruits and melons balanced by fresh, clean and present acidity, but without the herbaceousness sometimes associated with the grape. The Happy Canyon bottling is a 50-50 blend of grapes from Grassini and Vogelzang, both top notch vineyards, exquisitely farmed for ultra high quality. The wine was fermented and aged on its lees in 90% neutral oak barrels and 10% stainless steel. The wine demonstrates the classic Vogelzang tropical fruit notes along with the elegant energy of the Grassini vineyard and great body and length.
- Item #: i_232260Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2018s from Jonata are positively stellar. Like pretty much most estates, Jonata benefitted from a long, growing season with mostly benign conditions, although winemaker Matt Dees reported a bit more shatter and smaller berries in the Cabernet Sauvignon than normal. Over the last few years, the Jonata wines have become increasingly refined and nuanced. That is especially evident in 2018, a year that naturally favors freshness and vibrancy."
"The 2018 Flor is a classy, polished white. Lemon confit, sage, mint, white pepper and tomato leaf all grace this exquisite Sauvignon Blanc/Semillon blend from Jonata. The depth and crystalline intensity take the mind to the great dry whites of Bordeaux. In 2018, Flor is exquisitely beautiful."
- Item #: i_244800Bottle Size: 750mlAn exciting new showcase, the organically farmed Two Wolves Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc sings with tropical aromas and flavors. Bright notes of guava and passion fruit on the nose are balanced by grapefruit and citrus on the palate. Serve with scallop ceviche in yuzu sauce with cilantro and jalapeno garnish. (Also pairs well with Italian Opera).
- Item #: i_247970Bottle Size: 750mlThe flavor profile is trademark Star Lane: fennel, citrus, and hints of pear emerge from the glass. The mouth feel enters with some breadth and substance which is hung on a tight wire of fresh structure that leads a clean, long finish.