- Item #: i_200780Bottle Size: 750mlThe Martin Ray Winery and it's sister brand Angeline has long drawn from a wide array of coastal Pinot Noir vineyards to provide a balanced and beautiful red wine. This vintage, they selected blocks from these same vineyards to be trained and harvested for their very first vintage of Pinot Noir Rose. The combination of these selections, which are picked and pressed early in the season to provide bright, vibrant acidity, in addition to the full, fruity saignee, from their North Coast vineyards, has produced a seamless, mouth-watering Rose, that is balanced in both outstanding fruit and refreshing acidity.
This wine is produced by both whole-cluster pressing as well as saignee method. The latter, they pick ripe, flavorful fruit, crush it to a stainless steel tank, and allow 6-8 hours of contact with the skins to achieve optimal color and flavor before draining the juice to ferment as a Rose. The former is picked early in the season to maintain bright fruit and acids, then sent directly to the bladder press at light pressures. Both styles are inoculated with a specialized Rhone yeast to enhance the natural color and fruit character throughout fermentation. Fermentation is halted immediately upon reaching dry sugar levels to preserve the fruit and aroma.
This mouth-watering Rose will be certain to exceed expectations. With delicious aromas of watermelon, nectarine, and ruby red grapefruit, complemented by floral notes of lilies and orange blossoms, we challenge you not to be delighted. A fruity front palate of candied strawberries, leads into a crisp, citrus mid, and closes beautifully with a clean, concise acidity on the end. This is destined to be a versatile crowd pleaser.
- Item #: i_250020Bottle Size: 750mlRose Quartz in color, this dry Rose is refreshingly clean with notes of strawberry, watermelon, mango and hints of fresh lime zest. This wine has beautiful structure with firm, yet velvety, tannins and a crisp, lingering finish. During winter pair this Rose with stews and braised meats; for summer anything goes: Salads, seafood, chilled soups, even barbequed ribs!
- Item #: i_240980Bottle Size: 750mlThis Grenache-dominated wine is reminiscent of the fine Roses of Provence, both mouth-filling and crisp, dry and complex. The Grenache supplies the backbone with copious honeydew melon and strawberry aromatics, as well as a delicious creamy texture on the palate. The Vermentino lifts the fragrance of the wine, adding notes of white flowers and lychee. Cinsault is exuberant and fresh with a fruity character similar to Grenache. The Mourvedre is very savory and imparts a slightly herbaceous character, intermingled with a flinty minerality. Finally, the Syrah fleshes out the texture and length on the palate. With plenty of fruit intensity and a clean, long acid driven finish, this wine will pair well with cuisine ranging from fresh oysters to pasta puttanesca.
- Item #: i_239880Bottle Size: 750mlMartin Ray's Rose of Pinot Noir comes from a small percentage of nearly all of their premium Russian River, Green, Valley, and Carneros vineyards. Because each vineyard is picked at its ideal ripeness to maximize the flavors of their Pinot Noir, the subsequent Rose also takes on the complex bouquet and palate of fully ripe Pinot Noir.
This quaffable wine leads with delicious notes of sun-ripened nectarine, golden raspberry, and honeycomb, while being complemented by a more subtle strawberry, cantaloupe and aromatic orange zest. The body is clean and refreshing with balanced, crisp acidity and a fresh fruit finish.
- Item #: i_274060Bottle Size: 750ml2018 marks only the second vintage of Willakenzie Estate's Rose, a natural addition for a winery with an established reputation for aromatic white wines. This classy Rose is both refreshing and serious in style, with expressive wine is both floral and fruit driven, with notes of passion fruit, citrus zest and a hint of minerality. The aromas and flavors carry through to a texturally complete, well-balanced palate that offers the right amount of tension and creaminess.