- Item #: 200780Bottle Size: 750mlThe Martin Ray Winery and it's sister brand Angeline has long drawn from a wide array of coastal Pinot Noir vineyards to provide a balanced and beautiful red wine. This vintage, they selected blocks from these same vineyards to be trained and harvested for their very first vintage of Pinot Noir Rose. The combination of these selections, which are picked and pressed early in the season to provide bright, vibrant acidity, in addition to the full, fruity saignee, from their North Coast vineyards, has produced a seamless, mouth-watering Rose, that is balanced in both outstanding fruit and refreshing acidity.
This wine is produced by both whole-cluster pressing as well as saignee method. The latter, they pick ripe, flavorful fruit, crush it to a stainless steel tank, and allow 6-8 hours of contact with the skins to achieve optimal color and flavor before draining the juice to ferment as a Rose. The former is picked early in the season to maintain bright fruit and acids, then sent directly to the bladder press at light pressures. Both styles are inoculated with a specialized Rhone yeast to enhance the natural color and fruit character throughout fermentation. Fermentation is halted immediately upon reaching dry sugar levels to preserve the fruit and aroma.
This mouth-watering Rose will be certain to exceed expectations. With delicious aromas of watermelon, nectarine, and ruby red grapefruit, complemented by floral notes of lilies and orange blossoms, we challenge you not to be delighted. A fruity front palate of candied strawberries, leads into a crisp, citrus mid, and closes beautifully with a clean, concise acidity on the end. This is destined to be a versatile crowd pleaser.
- Item #: 202620Bottle Size: 750mlGrown from SIP Certified sustainably farmed vineyards, this wine is light pink, almost salmon in color, with fruit flavors bursting from the glass, including watermelon, strawberry, peach, and melon with hints of rose petal and red raspberry. The bright acidity creates a delightful freshness that makes this an ideal wine for the warmer months and a perfect year round complement to salads, seafood, and any light dish.
- Item #: 275120Bottle Size: 750mlThe aromas are fresh and clean with hints of blood orange and tangerine plus an underlying minerality typical of the roses from Provence. The acidity is persistent and a beautiful compliment to an array of foods; but being wonderfully low in alcohol, it is delicious on its own.
- Item #: 220540Bottle Size: 750mlThe grapes for this Rose are harvested in the early morning hours when it's cool, then transported to the winery where they are gently destemmed, crushed and cold soaked on the skins for two hours before pressing
- Item #: 240980Bottle Size: 750mlThis Grenache-dominated wine is reminiscent of the fine Roses of Provence, both mouth-filling and crisp, dry and complex. The Grenache supplies the backbone with copious honeydew melon and strawberry aromatics, as well as a delicious creamy texture on the palate. The Vermentino lifts the fragrance of the wine, adding notes of white flowers and lychee. Cinsault is exuberant and fresh with a fruity character similar to Grenache. The Mourvedre is very savory and imparts a slightly herbaceous character, intermingled with a flinty minerality. Finally, the Syrah fleshes out the texture and length on the palate. With plenty of fruit intensity and a clean, long acid driven finish, this wine will pair well with cuisine ranging from fresh oysters to pasta puttanesca.
- Item #: 274060Bottle Size: 750ml2017 marks the inaugural vintage of Willakenzie Estate's Rose, a natural addition for a winery with an established reputation for aromatic white wines. This classy Rose is both refreshing and serious in style. Laden with aromas of citrus blossom, fresh white peach and watermelon, this wine leaps out of the glass. The aromas and flavors carry through to a texturally complete palate that balances refreshing acidity with creamy viscosity.