- Item #: i_200032Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Pale ruby-purple, the 2017 Pinot Noir Hyland has a core of red currants, red berries and blackberries with dried leaves, pipe tobacco, scorched earth, tar and cured meat aromas plus accents of blood orange, potpourri, tobacco and sweet spices. Medium-bodied, silky and intense, it offers great layering of spice, amaro, earth and berry fruits with addicting freshness and a long, nuanced finish."
- Item #: i_200029Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "00 Wines is crafting some of the most exciting Chardonnays in Willamette Valley. Anjou, France, native Pierre Millemann oversees winemaking in Oregon, and he is also in charge of 00's newest projects in France, where they are making a white Burgundy and Champagne."
"The 2017 Pinot Noir Shea is very layered and nuanced on the nose: a core of spiced cranberry sauce and baked blackberries are accented with high-toned dried roses and violets, cinnamon stick, orange oil, blueberries, fragrant earth and amaro scents. The medium-bodied palate features ripe berry fruits laced with a pleasant amaro-like bitterness, wrapped in a silky, juicy frame and finishing long and layered. Yes!"
- Item #: i_200130Bottle Size: 750mlThe myriad of dark fruit and floral notes in this Pinot Noir come from the cool, windy Los Carneros American Viticultural Area (AVA) in the southern reaches of Napa Valley. Satsuma plum, blackberry, red rose and violet notes weave through the enticing aromas, mingled with warm nuances of vanilla and toasted oak from barrel aging. Silky, elegant flavors echo the aromas, adding blueberry and plum to the rich fruit complexity. You'll find this wine's lush flavors, bright acidity and fine tannins are perfectly balanced to complement a broad range of foods, from grilled salmon and chicken, to lamb and wild mushrooms.
- Item #: i_201750Bottle Size: 750MLJAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - " This has an attractive, fresh and silky feel with a very smooth, vibrant and lively set of red-fruit aromas on offer. The palate has a fresh and quite detailed core of red cherries with neatly groomed tannins. Drink or hold. Screw cap."
- Item #: i_201730Bottle Size: 750MLThe Dundee Hills and Eola-Amity Hills are home to our Reserve Pinot Noir, both based in volcanic red soils, providing spicy elegance and texture. Perfumed, floral, and red cherry weave with delicate mocha and five spice. The tannins are firm, but rounded, an underlying minerality which drives the mid-palate through the long finish. While delving for pure fruit flavors and juicy acidity, we hang our phenolic hat on our trademark silky texture, which has been enhanced through cold soaking and fermenting in small, 1.5-ton fermentations.
- Item #: i_201680Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Deep lurid red. Spice- and smoke-accented cherry, raspberry and musky floral scents are complemented by building mineral and earth accents. Concentrated yet lively in character, offering intense cherry, Chambord and cola flavors that tighten up slowly on the back half. Smoothly plays power off finesse and finishes very long and appealingly sweet, with dusty tannins sneaking in late."
- Item #: i_202960Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "As in years past, this 2017 bottling is very dark and rich by Pinot Noir standards. But in this vintage, it's the complexity that is absolutely uncanny. In the nose, there is almost an extreme presentation of earth with gobs of spice. It's to the point where if I had to pin a single concept on it, it would be SPECTACLE. There is a sweetness in the nose that is like a baked, almost smoky mocha. I have never smelled anything quite like it. The fruit is identifiably cherries on the nose and palate, but it is enveloped by the beautiful French oak that was hand made for me by my buddy, Jerome Fouailly, in Burgundy. In the finish, there is a density of fruit and fineness of tannin that I find in very few Pinots. For a full presentation of how good this vineyard is, let the wine rest in the bottle for a few years or more. If, before then, your corkscrew calls, it is a rich wine, so you will definitely enjoy it. I recommend at least putting it in a nice big glass so it gets some air and a chance to wake up just a bit. Over the next couple years, decanting it would not be a bad idea."
- Item #: i_202630Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95If you have ever thought about venturing into Oregon Pinot Noirs, now is your time! And if you are an Oregon Pinot Noir zealot, now is your time! 2015 is going down in the record books as one of the best vintages in the history of the state, with warm weather throughout most of the growing season, and the sun shining bright during harvest. The wines are forward, inviting, complex, and nuanced. Located in the Ribbon Ridge sub-region of the Willamette Valley, Beaux Freres is planted on steep, contiguous southward facing hillsides of Willakenzie soils, comprised of old marine sediment. With a focus on biodynamic farming, the vines are planted at high density and some vines on the property are 30 years old, with several being own rooted!
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Combines structure with verve, offering richly expressive raspberry, violet and orange peel flavors that take on polish and complexity toward wellbuffed tannins. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_204050Bottle Size: 750MLClark and Telephone Vineyard, located near the corner of Clark Avenue and Telephone Road in the Santa Maria Valley, is cooled by wind and fog that snakes in from the Pacific Ocean along a channel of the Santa Maria River. Established in 1972, the Clark and Telephone Vineyard was planted "own root" to the Martini clone. This heirloom clone of Pinot Noir, one of the first to grace the California coastlands, has become something of a lost treasure.
In the winery, the clusters were de-stemmed and the must underwent a cold soak. Fermentation began with the inoculation of yeast strains matched to each lot of grapes. The maceration process during fermentation consisted of a combination of punch-down and pump-over techniques, each day the techniques would be reassessed to ensure that we were riding the line between over extraction and under extraction. The wine was aged in French oak (60% percent new) for nine months and was racked once upon completion of malolactic fermentation and again upon blending.
Scarlet in color; bursting with aromas of cinnamon, caramel and hints of ginger-spiced tea. On the palate, the plush weight coats the mouth with more brown spice and sweet oak flavors, layered into the deep blueberry and strawberry base. The viscosity paired with the flavors and lively acidity lead into a long finish with supple tannins.
- Item #: i_275444Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Precise and well-structured, with raspberry, dusky spice and black tea flavors that persist toward refined tannins. Drink now through 2024. 5,000 cases made."
- Item #: i_274810Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 91Sean Capiaux launched his eponymous label in 1994 and he presently works as winemaker for O'Shaughnessy in the Howell Mountain appellation of Napa Valley. He has established a notable career that includes prominent wineries such as Jordan, Pine Ridge and Peter Michael. He specializes in small lots of vineyard designated Pinot Noir that express the unique location from which they came.
All the vineyards are contracted on a by-the-acre rather than a "per-ton" basis. This means he pays a set fee for the acreage guarantying the grower cash for his crop regardless of the tonnage. This allows him to prune, shoot-thin and drop crop for low yields that result in only high quality grapes. His winemaking style is a blend of classic and contemporary, utilizing cutting edge fermentation equipment paired with natural hands on winemaking, and an emphasis on balance. All the wines are naturally fermented and unfined and unfiltered to preserve their innate flavors and aromas.
ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Chimera is gorgeous. Dark, deeply spiced and pliant, the 2017 possesses terrific balance and plenty of appeal. In this vintage, the Chimera is a bit more generous than it usually is, but that is not at all a bad thing for a wine that is meant to be enjoyed upon release. "
- Item #: i_208810Bottle Size: 750mlTerry Bering is the cellarmaster for Rochioli Vineyards. When he isn't busting his hump helping out the Rochioli family produce fantastic wines, Terry works on his own Pinot Noir Project! Terry makes flavorful, aromatic, and wonderfully nuanced wines that do justice to his Rochioli vineyard source.
The wine has really bright fruit tones of cherry and currants with a background of earth and mushroom. Aside from the flavor and nose the 2017 has an extremely pleasant effect on you that is noticeable in all higher quality wines. As with all my pinots, the 2016 has a long lingering finish that leaves you craving more. The wine tastes good now but it is better the next day and still great the 3rd day so the longer you wait to drink it the better it will be.
- Item #: i_257480Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2017 Tous Ensemble Pinot Noir (Copain's first offering from Sonoma Coast) presents aromas of rose petals, Santa Rosa Plum skins, and fresh raspberries. Ripe cherries and orange peels also present themselves on the palate with a silky texture and lingering finish.
- Item #: i_215470Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93A blend of 50% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Franc, and 15% Petit Verdot.
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Merlot Cuvee 37.2 has really turned out beautifully. Racy and opulent to the core, with terrific persistence, the Merlot has so much to offer. Black cherry, plum, chocolate, mocha and licorice all build in a super-expressive, inviting wine that will drink well right out of the gate. The blend is based on a core of Merlot from Kenefick Ranch and Cabernet Franc from Rutherford."
- Item #: i_214050Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "A classic Russian River Pinot, Dehlinger's 2017 Pinot Noir Goldridge is bold and succulent, with tons of presence and immediacy. Crushed red berries, spice and sweet red berry fruit all grace this super-expressive Pinot. Hints of dried cherry, hard candy, strawberry and sweet spice all add complexity. Best of all, the 2017 will drink well right out of the gate."
- Item #: i_215530Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir (Santa Barbara County) is bright, lifted and absolutely delicious. Sweet floral notes and bright, red toned fruit give this gracious, ethereal Pinot tons of class. This is an impeccable wine in its peer group. Deovlet's appellation wines are often overachievers, as is very much the case here."
- Item #: i_216090Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine Carneros' classic Pinot Noir was made to show off the superb qualities of their organic vineyard, is rich with fruit tones of black cherry, raspberry and black current overlaid with notes of chocolate, toast, clove and exotic spices. Luscious flavors end in a very long and silky finish.
- Item #: i_216350Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Limpid ruby-red. Ripe, spice-tinged red berries, candied flowers, mocha and smoky minerals on the perfumed nose. Silky and open-knit, offering intense raspberry, cherry and lavender pastille flavors that become weightier as the wine opens up. Shows fine clarity and floral lift on the long, incisive finish, which is firmed by a lively mineral quality."
- Item #: i_215960Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95If you've ever had any of the Dagueneau Sauvignon Blancs from France's Loire Valley, then you know those wines are things of beauty. It was over a glass of Dagueneau that brothers Steve and John Dragonette and close friend Brandon Sparks-Gillis decided to leave their jobs at a Los Angeles wine shop and search throughout Santa Barbara's Santa Ynez Valley to find vineyards that could best exemplify the enticing characteristics of this grape. They have found those vineyards, and now their Sauvignon Blancs have become some of our favorites! The Vogelzang Vineyard is our favorite bottling of Sauvignon Blanc from the boys. Situated on a gently sloping bed of well-drained, gravelly loam with serpentine, the warm to hot summer days and cool to cold evenings is ideal for promoting full phenolic ripeness while still retaining critical acidity.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Sauvignon Blanc Vogelzang Vineyard comes from more gravelly soils and spent 12 months in 10% new oak followed by six months in tank. It's the most exotic of the releases and has a big perfume of exotic flowers, white currants, figs, and honeysuckle. Beautifully textured, medium-bodied, with good acidity but plenty of richness and length, it's another singular, gorgeous Sauvignon Blanc from this estate that's up with the best of the best."
- Item #: i_218810Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleA multi-faceted nose of cherry, tobacco, violets and pastry introduces a wine with great purity of fruit. Its fresh, rounded notes of plums, currants and fresh candied cherries give way to finely balanced tannins in this elegant, bright wine.
- Item #: i_218900Bottle Size: 750MLAll of Elk Cove's Pinot Noir fruit undergoes the same meticulous vineyard management and gentle handling through a gravity flow system, thus achieving the elegance, texture and luscious quality that are the hallmarks of exquisite Pinot Noirs. From the early pioneering days to now, their Willamette Valley Pinot Noir has remained the foundation of Elk Cove Vineyards. This Pinot Noir is blended from several select vineyard sites comprised of Pommard and Dijon plant material and shows the softest, most approachable drinking style Elk Cove makes.
A multi-faceted nose of cherry, tobacco, violets and pastry introduces a wine with great purity of fruit. Its fresh, rounded notes of plums, currants and fresh candied cherries give way to finely balanced tannins in this elegant, bright wine.
- Item #: i_232540Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91Seven Springs Vineyard was planted in 1984 by Al MacDonald on an east-facing slope, in the iron-rich and rocky, volcanic soils of the Eola-Amity Hills. Al planted what would become one of Oregon's most recognized vineyards who sold fruit to many benchmark Oregon producers. The vineyard's position opposite of the windy Van Duzer Corridor mitigates hot, sunny afternoons in the Willamette Valley with cool winds from the Pacific. As valley temperatures increase throughout the day, warm air rises, replaced by cooling winds flooding in from the Pacific through the Van Duzer gap and across the vineyard providing extended hang time at harvest. The vineyard has always been dry farmed, it's certified LIVE and was converted to biodynamic viticulture in 2007.
At the helm of Seven Springs is Rajat Parr, world renowned wine sommelier and Sashi Moorman, known for his passion for winemaking and viticulture. Together, these two bring an insurmountable amount of knowledge leading Seven Springs into its 4th decade producing outstanding wines at an affordable price point!
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Refined and elegantly layered, with floral apple, spiced lees and mineral notes that glide along a structured finish. Drink now through 2021. 1,500 cases made."