- Item #: i_201110Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2017 A to Z Oregon Pinot Noir highlights the ripeness and concentration of the vintage with an uncommon grace and style. The compelling nose opens with vibrant notes of blackberry, blueberry, black cherry, raspberry, strawberry, red current, plum, thyme, sage and baking spices. The scents are lifted by lingering rose petal and violet aromas, while deeper notes of graphite, leather, and pipe tobacco bring depth.
- Item #: i_201020Bottle Size: 750mlPrisme is the truest expression of the Pinot Noir grape. Anne Amie selects only their finest blocks of Pinot noir and gently press the grapes, liberating the free run juice, but not the color or tannins from the skins. It is then barrel-fermented, and aged on its lees in French oak barrels for 18 months. This structured white wine has a backbone of acidity, a voluptuous mid-palate and along, creamy finish. Prismé is named after the word prism - the splitting of white light into its corresponding colors. Anne Amie is doing precisely that in reverse, making a rich, textured white wine from Pinot noir.
The Prisme starts with 100% Pinot noir free run juice that is settled and racked into barrels. It is entirely barrel-fermented in French oak puncheons; lees stirred, allowed partial malolactic fermentation (around 80%) and then aged on its lees for 18 months before bottling.
The aromas is this wine begin with baked apples, fennel, vanilla bean, elderflower, cardamom, candied ginger, creme brulee, then moves to flavors of ripe pears, graham cracker, nutmeg, lemon meringue, and ripe fig, with a lingering finished laced with creamy acidity.
- Item #: i_201680Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Deep lurid red. Spice- and smoke-accented cherry, raspberry and musky floral scents are complemented by building mineral and earth accents. Concentrated yet lively in character, offering intense cherry, Chambord and cola flavors that tighten up slowly on the back half. Smoothly plays power off finesse and finishes very long and appealingly sweet, with dusty tannins sneaking in late."
- Item #: i_202960Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "As in years past, this 2017 bottling is very dark and rich by Pinot Noir standards. But in this vintage, it's the complexity that is absolutely uncanny. In the nose, there is almost an extreme presentation of earth with gobs of spice. It's to the point where if I had to pin a single concept on it, it would be SPECTACLE. There is a sweetness in the nose that is like a baked, almost smoky mocha. I have never smelled anything quite like it. The fruit is identifiably cherries on the nose and palate, but it is enveloped by the beautiful French oak that was hand made for me by my buddy, Jerome Fouailly, in Burgundy. In the finish, there is a density of fruit and fineness of tannin that I find in very few Pinots. For a full presentation of how good this vineyard is, let the wine rest in the bottle for a few years or more. If, before then, your corkscrew calls, it is a rich wine, so you will definitely enjoy it. I recommend at least putting it in a nice big glass so it gets some air and a chance to wake up just a bit. Over the next couple years, decanting it would not be a bad idea."
- Item #: i_206170Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Vinous Media: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "One of the highlights in this range, the 2017 Pinot Noir (Sta.Rita Hills) is fresh, perfumed and wonderfully inviting. Rose petal, blood orange, kirsch and mint give the 2017 a decidedly exotic feel that is hugely appealing. In 2017, the Sta. Rita Hills Pinot is wonderfully lifted and nuanced, with terrific balance and class that will make it impossible to resist, even upon release. Machado and Hapgood are the core sources for this appellation Pinot."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "There are roughly 3,000 to 4,000 cases of the 2017 Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills, which offers a beautiful bouquet of baked cherry tart, exotic orange rind, Asian spices, salty minerality, and forest floor. Elegant, medium-bodied, and silky on the palate, it has fine tannins and a great finish. Drink this classic Sta. Rita Hills over the coming decade."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Pale to medium ruby, the 2017 Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills has a high-toned nose of cranberry, red cherry, licorice, woodsmoke, perfumed earth, black cherries and dried flowers with amaro hints. Light to medium-bodied with perfumed fruits, soft, grainy tannins and seamless acidity, it finishes on an earthy note. 2,500 cases produced."
- Item #: i_208810Bottle Size: 750mlTerry Bering is the cellarmaster for Rochioli Vineyards. When he isn't busting his hump helping out the Rochioli family produce fantastic wines, Terry works on his own Pinot Noir Project! Terry makes flavorful, aromatic, and wonderfully nuanced wines that do justice to his Rochioli vineyard source.
The wine has really bright fruit tones of cherry and currants with a background of earth and mushroom. Aside from the flavor and nose the 2017 has an extremely pleasant effect on you that is noticeable in all higher quality wines. As with all my pinots, the 2016 has a long lingering finish that leaves you craving more. The wine tastes good now but it is better the next day and still great the 3rd day so the longer you wait to drink it the better it will be.
- Item #: i_210185Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleSince its founding, Chalk Hill has been producing artisan wines from their Estate vineyards in the hills of northeastern Sonoma County. For four decades they studied, prodded, and coaxed their complex terroir to ensure that their Estate wines deliver vivid aromatics, commanding flavors, great character, and regional accuracy. While their 300+ acres of vineyards surrounding the winery will always be the cornerstone of their identity, starting with the 2012 vintage, they started producing our first Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir. This 2017 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir comes from extraordinary vineyards throughout Sonoma County, consisting primarily of Foley Family estate Vineyards and fruit from some of the best sites in Carneros, Russian River Valley, Sonoma Valley, and Sonoma Coast.
This wine is dark ruby in color and showcases strawberry, black cherry, oriental spice and toasty oak on the nose. Flavors of strawberry, and juicy cherry round out the palate with vanilla undertones and a bright acidity. The finish on this Pinot Noir lingers with a velvety softness and notes of maraschino cherry and sweet vanilla oak. Overall, this is a fruit-forward style that can be enjoyed in its youth or aged for another few years.
- Item #: i_210860Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Vinous Media: 90ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 90 POINTS - "Bright red. Fresh red berry and candied rose scents show impressive clarity and energy. Gently sweet and vibrant in style, displaying seamless texture and mineral-tinged raspberry and spicecake flavors that slowly fan out on the back half. Closes with sharp focus, repeating spiciness and fine-grained tannins that lend shape and subtle grip."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple, the 2017 Pinot Noir has an inviting nose of cinnamon stick, autumn leaves, aniseed, crushed black cherries, earth and potpourri. It's medium-bodied with dark fruits, firm, grainy tannins and good freshness, finishing on a spicy note. 423 cases produced."
- Item #: i_257480Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2017 Tous Ensemble Pinot Noir (Copain's first offering from Sonoma Coast) presents aromas of rose petals, Santa Rosa Plum skins, and fresh raspberries. Ripe cherries and orange peels also present themselves on the palate with a silky texture and lingering finish.
- Item #: i_215470Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93A blend of 50% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Franc, and 15% Petit Verdot.
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Merlot Cuvee 37.2 has really turned out beautifully. Racy and opulent to the core, with terrific persistence, the Merlot has so much to offer. Black cherry, plum, chocolate, mocha and licorice all build in a super-expressive, inviting wine that will drink well right out of the gate. The blend is based on a core of Merlot from Kenefick Ranch and Cabernet Franc from Rutherford."
- Item #: i_214050Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "A classic Russian River Pinot, Dehlinger's 2017 Pinot Noir Goldridge is bold and succulent, with tons of presence and immediacy. Crushed red berries, spice and sweet red berry fruit all grace this super-expressive Pinot. Hints of dried cherry, hard candy, strawberry and sweet spice all add complexity. Best of all, the 2017 will drink well right out of the gate."
- Item #: i_215530Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir (Santa Barbara County) is bright, lifted and absolutely delicious. Sweet floral notes and bright, red toned fruit give this gracious, ethereal Pinot tons of class. This is an impeccable wine in its peer group. Deovlet's appellation wines are often overachievers, as is very much the case here."
- Item #: i_215515Bottle Size: 750mlDierberg has been on a roll the past few years! Other wineries have sourced fruit from this prominent vineyard and received high scores for their superbly crafted wines. Dierberg still sells much of their fruit, but they have begun to keep some of the better sections for themselves. That being said, their own label hasn't skipped a beat, and is receiving the same high scores as their customers!
Located 13 miles from the Pacific Ocean in one of the coolest wine-growing corners of California's Central Coast, Dierberg Vineyard is on the western edge of Santa Barbara County's Santa Maria Valley appellation, which is world-renowned for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Their vineyard is planted to newer "Dijon" clones, as well as other "heritage clones"; heritage clones whose roots go back to the Burgundy area of France, offering a clonal diversity unlike almost any other Pinot vineyard in California.
- Item #: i_216090Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine Carneros' classic Pinot Noir was made to show off the superb qualities of their organic vineyard, is rich with fruit tones of black cherry, raspberry and black current overlaid with notes of chocolate, toast, clove and exotic spices. Luscious flavors end in a very long and silky finish.
- Item #: i_232540Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91Seven Springs Vineyard was planted in 1984 by Al MacDonald on an east-facing slope, in the iron-rich and rocky, volcanic soils of the Eola-Amity Hills. Al planted what would become one of Oregon's most recognized vineyards who sold fruit to many benchmark Oregon producers. The vineyard's position opposite of the windy Van Duzer Corridor mitigates hot, sunny afternoons in the Willamette Valley with cool winds from the Pacific. As valley temperatures increase throughout the day, warm air rises, replaced by cooling winds flooding in from the Pacific through the Van Duzer gap and across the vineyard providing extended hang time at harvest. The vineyard has always been dry farmed, it's certified LIVE and was converted to biodynamic viticulture in 2007.
At the helm of Seven Springs is Rajat Parr, world renowned wine sommelier and Sashi Moorman, known for his passion for winemaking and viticulture. Together, these two bring an insurmountable amount of knowledge leading Seven Springs into its 4th decade producing outstanding wines at an affordable price point!
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Refined and elegantly layered, with floral apple, spiced lees and mineral notes that glide along a structured finish. Drink now through 2021. 1,500 cases made."
- Item #: i_222660Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "The more translucent, ruby-colored 2017 Pinot Noir Julia's Vineyard comes from a vineyard in the Santa Maria Valley and was all destemmed before spending 16 months in 44% new French oak. Classic raspberry, forest floor, sweet spice, and sappy floral notes all flow to a medium-bodied, vibrant, incredibly classy effort. It's balanced, has integrated acidity, and a great finish. It's another terrific Pinot Noir from Santa Barbara County that's going to evolve for at least a decade."
- Item #: i_222650Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsBill Wathen and Dick Dore have been making wine together since 1985, when they founded Foxen Winery and Vineyard at the historic Rancho Tinaquaic in northern Santa Barbara County. Since that time, their dedication has remained the same - the creation of very small production, sustainably-farmed, vineyard-focused wines using a "minimalist" approach to winemaking. Foxen is named in memory of William Benjamin Foxen, an English sea captain and Dick's great-great grandfather, who came to Santa Barbara in the early 1800s and purchased the Rancho Tinaquaic. Captain Foxen adopted the distinctive "anchor" as his cattle brand, which became the trademark of the winery. Foxen is at home on the history Rancho Tinaquaic with its solar-powered winery, tasting room and 7200 "shack."
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "I loved the nose of the 2017 Pinot Noir Santa Maria Valley. It just screams Pinot Noir with its spiced cherry, raspberry, white pepper, and sappy herb aromas and flavors. Medium-bodied, nicely textured, fresh, and lively on the palate, it's a smoking little Calif Pinot Noir well worth checking out. This cuvEe was just 25% destemmed and spent 9 months in used French oak. There are 3,500 cases produced."
- Item #: i_228500Bottle Size: 750mlAs a fifteen-year veteran of the Oregon wine industry, Drew Voit is intimately familiar with exceptional vineyard sites. While serving as the Associate Winemaker at Domaine Serene Winery, and then as Winemaker for Shea Wine Cellars, he worked with some of the best vineyards in the Willamette Valley. Harper Voit is the logical progression of that work: seeking out great sites, excellent fruit, and long-term relationships with growers.
- Item #: i_228840Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "Coming from a block located on a northern facing ridge north of Fort Ross, on the Sonoma Coast, the 2017 Pinot Noir Far Coast Vineyard was destemmed and spent 17 months in 32% new French oak. Bottled unfined and unfiltered, it offers a deeper, richer, more savory bouquet of black cherry and darker currant fruits as well as loads of ground herbs, chocolate, forest floor, and spice. This rich, opulent, incredibly sexy Pinot Noir has a wealth of fruit, a rounded, seamless texture, and a great finish. It's a rock star in this stacked lineup and a gem of a wine in the vintage. I love it!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple colored, the 2017 Pinot Noir Far Coast Vineyard is a little mute at first sniff, with the nose slowly unfurling to reveal beautifully perfumed notes of lilacs, Ceylon tea and bouquet garni over a core of Bing cherries, raspberry leaves and cranberries. Medium-bodied, the palate is fine-boned, refreshing and elegantly played with exquisitely ripe tannins and layers of red, black and blue fruits, finishing long and fragrant. 293 cases were made."
- Item #: i_274570Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsNamed in honor of co-proprietor Jennifer Hartford, this wine is defined by its power, concentration of fruit, structure and an underlying elegance. A wine that is built to age, Jennifer's proves that not all Pinot Noirs are shy, retiring, delicate souls. Jennifer's Pinot is sourced from a vineyard in the windy and very cool Sebastopol Hills sub region of the Russian River Valley AVA. Jennifer's Pinot is planted primarily to clone 23 and is known for very small berries, low yields and a high skin-to-pulp ratio. The dark color, intense black fruit aroma and flavor profile are a testament to the terroir of this site.
JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "One of the standouts in the lineup, the 2017 Pinot Noir Jennifer's comes from a vineyard south of Sebastopol, which sees lots of influence from the Petaluma Gap. Brought up largely in neutral oak (32% new), its deeper ruby/purple hue is followed by terrific notes of black raspberries, cedarwood, bay leaf, forest floor, and graphite. This head-turner is medium-bodied and has beautiful concentration, bright yet integrated acidity, and a killer finish. Locked and loaded, it needs 2-3 years of bottle age at a minimum, and my money is on it drinking brilliantly at age 20. It's a stunning, singular wine from this estate!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple colored, the 2017 Pinot Noir Jennifer's comes charging out of the gate with bold raspberry coulis, kirsch and warm redcurrant scents plus nuances of wild sage, damp soil, fallen leaves and spice box. Full-bodied, the palate is jam-packed with red berry preserves and earthy layers, framed by firm, fine-grained tannins, finishing long and perfumed. 298 cases were made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "One of the standouts in this tasting, the 2017 Pinot Noir Jennifer's is fabulous. Super-ripe red and purplish fruit, rose petal, lavender, game and blood orange infuse the 2017 with striking character. The Jennifer's is one of the more savory wines in the range. I especially admire the wine's aromatic depth, but there are many dimensions here to discover."