- Item #: i_200280Bottle Size: 750mlAdelsheim Vineyard began back in 1971 with Ginny and David Adelsheim purchasing 19 acres in beautiful Oregon countryside. They shared a dream with a handful of families that Oregon's climate and land could one day produce serious wines. A home was built, vines planted, and in 1978, the first commercial wines were produced. Over four decades, Adelsheim Vineyard grew up with Oregon's wine industry pioneering the way towards the future of wine production.
With its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, duck, beef or hearty vegetarian entrees.
- Item #: i_200660Bottle Size: 750mlBibiana Gonzalez Rave crafts her Alma de Cattleya wines as high-quality offerings representing the uniqueness of northern California's Sonoma County. Alma means "soul" in Spanish - and Cattleya is the national flower of her native country, Columbia. These wines are the perfect accompaniment to everyday meals and relaxing moments.
The grapes are sourced equally from vineyards across the Sonoma Coast and Russian River AVAs of Sonoma County, favoring vineyards at close proximity to the Pacific Ocean. Aged for 16 months in French oak barrels, this wine is beautifully pure, with notes of macerated strawberry, raspberry, and red cherry that are perfectly balanced by savory notes of baking spice, sage, and sou bois, as this wine finishes with bright acidity and velvety tannins.
- Item #: i_201710Bottle Size: 750MLArgyle Pinot Noir highlights the elegance and complexity of the Willamette Valley, showcasing the purity of fruit and nimble texture the region has to offer. Fermented entirely in small, 1.5 ton lots and plunged by hand, the 2019 vintage leans red cherry, pomegranate, and spiced tea. Fresh, vibrant acidity is framed with polished tannin along with classic Argyle silky texture and persistent length.
- Item #: i_201690Bottle Size: 750mlTextbook Willamette Valley Pinot Noir with juicy, fresh fruit and berry flavors - think dark cherry, cranberry, blackberry, more cherry. Clove, mocha, blood orange and vanilla accents abound adding complexity. The texture is ripe and plush with a line of acid running through to keep the wine vibrant. The wine is all about focus, electricity, and verve.
- Item #: i_202660Bottle Size: 750mlIn 1986, winemaker Michael Etzlel came across a prime piece of property in Oregon's Willamette Valley. Through a partnership with his brother in law, renowned wine critic Robert M. Parker, Jr., and Robert Roy, the dream was realized, and Beaux Freres was born. Today, the estate is in the hands of Champagne producer Domaines Henriot, and Beaux Freres has not skipped a beat. The wines sell out each year, so if you're into high quality, low production Pinot Noir from one of Oregon's better producers, then don't hesitate!
Stately and charismatic, this 30-year-old vineyard delivers once again with generosity and sophistication. A deep potpourri of candied cherry, Asian spices and incense lift gracefully from the glass. Silky, with notions of blue and red fruits, fresh fennel, and juicy cranberry, the wine is supported with a depth of composed tannins that deliver a remarkably grand, mouthwatering finish. There is a level of tension at its core, indicating nearly timeless potential for cellaring.
- Item #: i_204050Bottle Size: 750MLClark and Telephone Vineyard, located near the corner of Clark Avenue and Telephone Road in the Santa Maria Valley, is cooled by wind and fog that snakes in from the Pacific Ocean along a channel of the Santa Maria River. Established in 1972, the Clark and Telephone Vineyard was planted "own root" to the Martini clone. This heirloom clone of Pinot Noir, one of the first to grace the California coastlands, has become something of a lost treasure.
In the winery, the clusters were de-stemmed and the must underwent a cold soak. Fermentation began with the inoculation of yeast strains matched to each lot of grapes. The maceration process during fermentation consisted of a combination of punch-down and pump-over techniques, each day the techniques would be reassessed to ensure that we were riding the line between over extraction and under extraction. The wine was aged in French oak (60% percent new) for nine months and was racked once upon completion of malolactic fermentation and again upon blending.
Scarlet in color; bursting with aromas of cinnamon, caramel and hints of ginger-spiced tea. On the palate, the plush weight coats the mouth with more brown spice and sweet oak flavors, layered into the deep blueberry and strawberry base. The viscosity paired with the flavors and lively acidity lead into a long finish with supple tannins.
- Item #: i_208700Bottle Size: 750mlA comforting warmth on the nose flaunts a gorgeous impression of dried cranberry, black cherry and raspberry. Upon first sip, subtle notes of dried violets, lavender and rose hip guide the senses towards a satisfying savoriness. On the palate, ripe, red fruit and cherry-cola are enhanced by anise, white pepper, Provençal herbs, and a hint of iron minerality. Velvety tannins dance with the abundant acidity, creating a lingering finish perfect for any occasion.
- Item #: i_202640Bottle Size: 750mlFor Pinot Noir, the cream really does rise to the top. Pinot Noir is such a transparent grape that any faults or follies in the growing and winemaking process are amplified in the finished wine. Therefore, when we find a Pinot Noir that shines above the rest, and at the same time doesn't break the bank, we wouldn't be doing our jobs if we didn't let you know about it. And let us say, we've done our homework on this one to bring you a fantastic buy!
Bishop's Peak wines are handcrafted by Talley Vineyards to capture the varietal and regional diversity of San Luis Obispo County. The grapes for the wines come from small vineyard sites in Arroyo Grande Valley, Edna Valley, and Paso Robles. Some of these sites are owned by the Talley family while others are owned by growers who share the family's commitment to quality. This wine shows many of the similar qualities, nuances, and complexities of Pinot Noirs that sell for more than $25 a bottle, but seeing at this sells under $15 a bottle, this is one heck of a bargain!
- Item #: i_207480Bottle Size: 750mlCakebread Cellars 2019 Two Creeks Pinot Noir is blend of several French Dijon clones and the famed Joseph Swan and Pommard clones. The grapes were night-harvested for freshness between September 20th and October 1st with an ideal balance of sugar and acidity. With the Dijon clones supplying bright fruit and acidity, the small-berried Swan clone providing intense varietal flavors, and the Pommard clone contributing mid-palate weight and a warm spice tone, Two Creeks is a fruit-forward, yet complex pinot noir showcasing the best of Anderson Valley.
The 2019 Cakebread Cellars Two Creeks Pinot Noir boasts fragrant red and black cherry, red raspberry, strawberry and rose petal aromas. It has a smooth, mouth-coating texture, velvety tannins and delightfully silky red raspberry, cherry and strawberry flavors that take on a spicy tone in the long, juicy finish. Delicious now, it will age well in bottle for at least five years.
- Item #: i_212280Bottle Size: 750MLCarneros was the first wine region defined by its climate characteristics rather than political boundaries. As a result, this is one of the few AVA’s within Napa Valley that crosses both Napa and Sonoma. The Carneros AVA is the driest and coolest sub-AVA of Napa Valley. Fierce and persistent winds off the San Pablo Bay encourages the grapevines to struggle and retain moisture. Heavily influenced by morning fog from the San Pablo Bay, in the summer there can be a ten degree temperature difference between Carneros and the Northern Napa Valley sub-AVAs such as Calistoga or Rutherford. As a result, this makes the perfect growing conditions for Pinot Noir as the the cool climate slows down ripening and preserves acidity in the grapes.
Winery's Tasting Notes: "The 2019 San Pablo Bay Block is racy with flavors of tart cranberries, red cherries and a delicate perfume of rose petals. The palate is layered with similar fruit notes, along with a depth of pomegranate, macerated strawberries and baking spices with a subtle hint of vanilla that leads to a smooth finish. This wine is full of verve and will beautifully round out with aging."
- Item #: i_211260Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2019 Cloudline Pinot Noir carries the familiar ruby red color of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, but with a darker shading at its core. On the nose, the fresh aromatics convey the vibrancy of the vintage, and on the palate, there are deep cherry and berry notes ahead of the pleasing finish.
- Item #: i_212300Bottle Size: 750mlIt was a mutual love of Pinot Noir that led Joe and Vicki Stark to establish Colene Clemens Vineyard and Winery back in 2005. Operating a successful business, Joe and Vicki developed a taste for fine wine through the '80's. At that point in time, they had no clue just what the Willamette Valley would become in the wine making world.
When they set their sights on purchasing property to plant their vineyard, they found an old abandoned farmstead and orchard that had lain fallow for many years, possessing ideal aspect (south facing), elevations (350ft to 650ft) and an array of high quality, proven Pinot Noir soils, not to mention fantastic views, no place could have been better. The icing on the cake for Joe and Vicki was that the property was less than 2 miles from where they lived with their first born.
From the beginning the goal has been to do everything possible to make the very best Pinot Noir. No compromise has been made in vineyard preparation, farming practices and wine making. Steve Goff, the gifted and dedicated winemaker and vineyard manager, has utilized the most diligent, time-tested and non-invasive protocols in both the vineyard and winery to further this goal. The 2015 release ended up earning 95 points from Wine Spectator and was #7 on their "Top 100" list of 2018.
The 2019 Dopp Creek opens with pretty aromas of rich red fruit and savory herbs, which carry through on the palate. The wine is clean, balanced, and well-structured with a core of bright fruit and a round, supple mouthfeel. It finishes with a hint of pomegranate, rosemary, and warm spice. This wine drinks beautifully now, and will age gracefully over the next five to eight years.
- Item #: i_213790Bottle Size: 750mlMt. Jefferson Cuvee is a blend of the Cristom estate Pinot Noir vineyards along with exceptional fruit they source from neighboring vineyards in the Willamette Valley. These contributing sites have been thoughtfully selected over the years, and are planted on a variety of soil types, elevations and aspects, representing the Willamette Valley Appellation as a broader whole. Each of these vineyards are farmed by committed winegrowers they are proud to partner with, with each site adding to the character, fruit, and structure of the wine, giving "Mt. Jeff" its deserved reputation as one of the most stylistically consistent Pinot Noirs in the world.
- Item #: i_216770Bottle Size: 750MLDecoy Pinot Noir highlights a plush and approachable expression of Pinot Noir that is crafted to be ready upon release. This enticing wine showcases lovely aromas of strawberry, sun-dried cherry and blueberry with hints of tobacco, earth and pennyroyal mint. The bright cherry notes continue on the palate, alongside flavors of cranberry, cola and Santa Rosa plum, while a streak of vibrant acidity contributes to this Pinot’s freshness, structure and delicious length.
- Item #: i_214440Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Vivid ruby-red. A powerfully scented bouquet evokes ripe red/blue fruits, incense and candied licorice, while a suave floral pastille nuance emerges. Sappy, broad and expansive in the mouth, it offers sweet black raspberry, boysenberry and cola flavors that are braced by a core of juicy acidity. Closes on a sneaky tannic note, showing fine clarity, spicy thrust and impressive, floral-driven tenacity."
- Item #: i_216190Bottle Size: 750mlDivision's "UN" Pinot Noir is a blend of fruit from vineyards located in the cooler portions of the Willamette Valley, including Eola Springs, Bjornson, and Temperance Hill vineyards. All but one of the vineyards included in the "Un" cuvee is organically, LIVE Certified and/or Biodynamically farmed. The oldest vines, the Eola Springs Vineyard, has transitioned to Biodynamic and organic principled farming (save for phylloxera treatment in the old vines).
Division's 2019 Pinot Noir "Un" presents aromatics that are savory and significant while ethereal at the same time. A deep spicy earthy undertone in the nose of the wine features ripe strawberries, cherries and dark earth tones. The palate is lithe and unique with a balance of fresh herbs, wild berry concentration and mid-palate minerality—it really delivers for a base level Pinot. Drink up now or wait a few months, years, etc., but don't miss this one!
- Item #: i_220640Bottle Size: 750MLOriginally Keefer Ranch, located in the southwestern corner of Green Valley in the Russian River Valley, was planted in 1988 by Marcy and Robert Keefer. Marcy continued to farm the Ranch with 13 acres of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay planted to it for 29 years, of which 11 years in Failla began to work with the Keefers. The vines grow upon beds of sandy goldridge loam just below the fog line providing a desirable cool climate influence. The grapes were harvested near the end of September and were 20% cluster, native yeast fermented before being aged for 11 months in new French oak. The wine is bottled unfined and unfiltered.
Aromatically the wine has notes of bright, juicy red cherries as well as an unmistakable bramble perfume. On the palate, the wine is rich with flavors of red berry pie, lovely baking spices, and balancing acidity.
- Item #: i_249555Bottle Size: 750mlWith its garnet color, this Pinot Noir displays aromas of black cherry, sassafras, forest floor, baking spices, black tea, vanilla, and sandalwood, then transitions to flavors of black cherry, red plum, milk chocolate, cranberry, wild strawberry, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.
- Item #: i_223240Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleA beautiful expression of the Carneros appellation, this Pinot Noir opens with lively aromas of strawberry, ripe red cherry, and a touch of baking spice. The palate is greeted with a juicy, full-bodied mouthfeel and refreshing, well-balanced acidity that lingers on the finish.
- Item #: i_223270Bottle Size: 750MLFrank Family Vineyards Carneros Pinot Noir opens with aromas of dried black cherries, cinnamon spice and sweet oak notes. A subtle scent of forest floor and lavender evokes the cool, foggy mornings typical of their Carneros vineyard, giving this wine a sense of place. The palate is round and bursts with fleshy plum. Fine grain tannins offer elegant structure and persistence.
- Item #: i_228860Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2019 Hartford Court Russian River Valley Pinot Noir comes from a collection of small vineyards located throughout the Russian River Valley AVA, including Hartford Estate, Fog Dance, Hailey's Block, Jennifer's, MacLean's Block and Arrendell. Hartford makes single-vineyard bottlings from all of these, and those wines sell for $60 and above, yet the Hartford family utilizes these vineyards for this amazing Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, and this one sells for less than $30!!
The Russian River Valley is one of THE best places in the world for growing Pinot Noir. The cooling winds from the Pacific Ocean spread throughout the area, and help to moderate the temperatures throughout the day, whereas vineyards just to the east are exceptionally warmer. Also, the soils are a mix of sand, clay, and silt. The clay brings richness to a wine, while the sand brings more flowered aromatics and brightness in the wine. If you ask us, this sounds like the recipe for Pinot Noir perfection!
- Item #: i_238180Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Comments: "We achieved a higher degree of ripeness in 2019 with Valdiguie, which resulted in exceptional flavor development for the J. Lohr Estates Wildflower. Bright and youthful red hues and profuse brambly fruit aromas are accented by black pepper notes. On the palate, a zesty attack of pomegranate and blueberry leaves crisp, fresh fruit and a touch of spice on the finish."
- Item #: i_237950Bottle Size: 750MLGrown exclusively from the Pisoni Family's Pisoni, Garys', and Soberanes vineyards, the Lucia appellation-based wines are a wonderful representation of their estate vineyards, of which each block is cultivated to the same high standards. These wines offer excellent value, and Jeb Dunnuck has previously described these AVA blends as "a perfect example of the incredible quality that's consistently coming from this estate."
A stunning melange of three truly unique vineyard sites (52% Pisoni, 18% Garys', and 30% Soberanes), the 2019 Lucia Pinot Noir exhales deeply as its ruby hue trickles down the side of the glass. Notes of spiced plum, black cherry and sage quickly fill the glass. This wine is initially tightly wound, but each passing minute allows for new layers and aromas to unfold. At first, subtle notes of dried raspberry and sous bois were most prominent, but time in the glass promotes the expression of richer, more powerful notes of black cherry, crushed strawberry, sandalwood, and baking spice. The trademarked coastal fog and stiff afternoon winds of the Santa Lucia Highlands provide the refreshing acidity necessary for a long life in bottle.
- Item #: i_239885Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 94The name Martin Ray resonates deeply in the history of California Winemaking. Martin Ray was a pioneer, dedicated to crafting single varietal, region specific wine from 1943 through 1972 in Saratoga, the heart of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Mentored by Paul Masson, he took a burgundian approach to his winemaking and developed what is now one of the most historical properties in California, known as Mount Eden.
Nearly twenty years later, Courtney Benham stumbled upon 1500 cases of Martin Ray wine in a San Jose warehouse. Recognizing his good fortune, and his intent and drive to produce terroir driven wines, Ray's historical significance and philosophy resonated with him. Courtney purchased the brand, and since 1990 has been committed to the production of artisanal wines worthy of the Martin Ray name.
Carefully chosen from various vineyards throughout the Russian River Valley and Carneros, this wine's largest components are grown only feet from the river itself, coming from Ricioli and Cartan vineyards. The grapes were fermented separately in small open-top fermenters with gentle punch-downs. The fermentations were carefully maintained at moderate temperatures until dry, when the must was basket-pressed then pumped into barrels for completion of malolactic fermentation. Lots were aged for eleven months in new premium French oak barrels, along with more nuanced 1-2 year old barrels.
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Aromas of crushed raspberries, brambleberries, violets, orange zest and dried herbs. It's medium-to full-bodied with sleek, fine tannins. Wonderfully bright, succulent and flavorful with mineral and saline hints on the finish. Delicious. Drink or hold. Screw cap"