Pinot Noir is a red wine grape variety of the species Vitis vinifera. Pinot Noir grapes are grown around the world, mostly in the cooler regions, but the grape is chiefly associated with the Burgundy region of France. Other regions that have gained a reputation for Pinot Noir include the Willamette Valley of Oregon, the Carneros, Central Coast and Russian River AVAs of California, the Walker Bay wine region of South Africa, Tasmania and Yarra Valley in Australia and the Central Otago, Martinborough and Marlborough wine regions of New Zealand. Pinot Noir is also a primary variety used in sparkling wine production in Champagne and other wine regions. It is widely considered to produce some of the finest wines in the world, but is a difficult variety to cultivate and transform into wine. The grape's tendency to produce tightly packed clusters makes it susceptible to several viticultural hazards involving rot that require diligent canopy management. The thin-skins and low levels of phenolic compounds lends Pinot to producing mostly lightly colored, medium bodied low tannin wines that can often go through dumb phases with uneven and unpredictable aging. When young, wines made from Pinot Noir tend to have red fruit aromas of cherries, raspberries and strawberries. As the wines age, Pinots have the potential to develop vegetal and "barnyard" aromas that can contribute to the complexity of the wine.
- Item #: i_200280Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Polished and elegantly complex, with pretty rose petal, raspberry and spiced tea flavors that glide on the long finish. Drink now through 2024."
Adelsheim Vineyard began back in 1971 with Ginny and David Adelsheim purchasing 19 acres in beautiful Oregon countryside. They shared a dream with a handful of families that Oregon's climate and land could one day produce serious wines. A home was built, vines planted, and in 1978, the first commercial wines were produced. Over four decades, Adelsheim Vineyard grew up with Oregon's wine industry pioneering the way towards the future of wine production.
With its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, duck, beef or hearty vegetarian entrees.
- Item #: i_201050Bottle Size: 750mlThe first wine that caught our attention from this Oregon stage producer was their Mueller-Thurgau; a white variety that is not often planted. That wine is so clean and refreshing, we had to see what else was in their bag of tricks. Happily, we found their Willamette Valley Pinot Noir to be delicous, too! Anne Amie's estate and all vineyards they get fruit from are Salmon Safe and LIVE certified, which means they are dedicated to restoring and maintaining healthy watersheds for minimal impact on aquifers and wildlife.
This Pinot Noir displays red cherry, strawberry, sassafras, cardamom, and fig, along with flavors that are reminiscent of red cherry, clove baking spice, fig, cassis, and cola. This wine ends with a long, rich finish with smooth tannins and nicely placed acidity.
- Item #: i_200410Bottle Size: 750MLANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 91 POINTS - "Limpid ruby-red. Assertive red berry preserve and incense aromas, along with suggestions of oak spices, cola and smoky minerals. Spicy and focused on entry and then fleshier in the mid-palate, offering black raspberry, bitter cherry and vanilla flavors and a touch of white pepper. Shows very good energy and spicy lift on the persistent finish, which is framed by smooth, even tannins. (36% new French oak) "
- Item #: i_201710Bottle Size: 750MLArgyle Pinot Noir is a veritable representation of the Willamette Valley. Fermented entirely in small, 1.5 ton lots and plunged by hand, Argyle Pinot Noir is blended for purity and focus. The 2017 vintage toes the line between red and dark fruit with savory spice and delicate floral notes. Late season ripening in 2017 lends itself to a lively, fresh middle palate along with classic Argyle silky texture and persistent length.
- Item #: i_202630Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95If you have ever thought about venturing into Oregon Pinot Noirs, now is your time! And if you are an Oregon Pinot Noir zealot, now is your time! 2015 is going down in the record books as one of the best vintages in the history of the state, with warm weather throughout most of the growing season, and the sun shining bright during harvest. The wines are forward, inviting, complex, and nuanced. Located in the Ribbon Ridge sub-region of the Willamette Valley, Beaux Freres is planted on steep, contiguous southward facing hillsides of Willakenzie soils, comprised of old marine sediment. With a focus on biodynamic farming, the vines are planted at high density and some vines on the property are 30 years old, with several being own rooted!
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Combines structure with verve, offering richly expressive raspberry, violet and orange peel flavors that take on polish and complexity toward wellbuffed tannins. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_202650Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Seduces you immediately, with expressive violet and dark raspberry aromas that open to polished and brilliantly structured blueberry, savory anise and tea flavors that take on richness on a long finish. Drink now through 2026."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 94-95 POINTS - "Bright red. High-pitched red berry, cherry cola and incense scents show outstanding clarity and spicy lift. Palate-staining red berry preserve, spicecake and floral pastille flavors slowly deepen on the back half. Manages to come off graceful as well as lithe, with no rough edges. Finishes smooth, spicy and extremely long, featuring sneaky tannins and lingering red fruit and candied rose notes."
- Item #: i_202780Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "A dynamic, complex wine that retains polish and focus, offering compelling black raspberry, orange peel and savory spice flavors that build richness toward refined tannins. Drink now through 2026. Tasted twice, with consistent notes."
- Item #: i_208700Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is very expressive of smoky espresso, cacao, raspberry, pomegranate, rose petals, and graham cracker. The fruit on the palate is juicy in a refreshing kind of way with playful dusty tannins. There is an easiness to the way the wine drinks that is soothing and comfortable like the way your favorite old pair of leather boots feel on your feet.
- Item #: i_206270Bottle Size: 750mlFor centuries Gamay Noir au Jus Blanc has been the singular grape of the Beaujolais region of France. But the marine sediments of Ribbon Ridge share much in common with the rolling hills of Beaujolais, including low soil pH and an abundance of mica/silica. Bright, floral and often laced with hind of anise or licorice, Brick House Gamay has found many friends since first released in 1995. BIODYNAMICALLY FARMED
- Item #: i_218920Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Mount Richmond sits at 300-500 feet elevation, lower than the vineyards planted at the winery, which allows for earlier ripening. Planted in a high-density format (2100 vines/acre), similar to Roosevelt, Mount Richmond sits in rolling hills just outside the town of Yamhill just East of the Coast Range Mountains. In addition to the old vine pommard selection, planted from select cuttings off of Roosevelt Vineyard, the blend now also includes equal parts of Dijon clones 115 and 777.
Fruit from Mount Richmond is fermented in small, temperature controlled steel tanks, hand punched down twice daily, and barreled in 50% new french oak barrels. After 10 months of aging in barrels, only the barrels that are most representative of the Mount Richmond profile are carefully blended to create a big, luscious Oregon Pinot Noir
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Offers grace and presence, with layered cherry and pomegranate flavors, accented by sassafras tea and spice notes, building tension toward refined tannins. Drink now through 2028. 1,007 cases made."
- Item #: i_218810Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleA multi-faceted nose of cherry, tobacco, violets and pastry introduces a wine with great purity of fruit. Its fresh, rounded notes of plums, currants and fresh candied cherries give way to finely balanced tannins in this elegant, bright wine.
- Item #: i_232570Bottle Size: 750mlSeven Springs Vineyard was planted in 1984 by Al MacDonald on an east-facing slope, in the iron-rich and rocky, volcanic soils of the Eola-Amity Hills. Al planted what would become one of Oregon's most recognized vineyards who sold fruit to many benchmark Oregon producers. The vineyard's position opposite of the windy Van Duzer Corridor mitigates hot, sunny afternoons in the Willamette Valley with cool winds from the Pacific. As valley temperatures increase throughout the day, warm air rises, replaced by cooling winds flooding in from the Pacific through the Van Duzer gap and across the vineyard providing extended hang time at harvest. The vineyard has always been dry farmed, it's certified LIVE and was converted to biodynamic viticulture in 2007.
At the helm of Seven Springs is Rajat Parr, world renowned wine sommelier and Sashi Moorman, known for his passion for winemaking and viticulture. Together, these two bring an insurmountable amount of knowledge leading Seven Springs into its 4th decade producing outstanding wines at an affordable price point!
- Item #: i_220720Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Failla's 2017 Pinot Noir Seven Springs Vineyard is powerful and deep on the palate, with tremendous resonance that carries through to the super-expressive finish. Succulent dark red fruit, hard candy, leather and exotic spice notes build in this potent, beautifully textured Pinot, with a dollop of whole clusters perfume that adds nuance. The Seven Springs is a wine of real distinction."
- Item #: i_222520Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Polished and elegantly complex, with expressive cherry and blueberry flavors, accented by crushed stone and black tea notes, building tension and lively acidity toward refined tannins. Drink now through 2025."
- Item #: i_251750Bottle Size: 750MLSince their first commercial release of their Pinot Noir in 1974, Nancy & Dick Ponzi have garnered international acclaim for their limited production wines! Always looking for ways to make their stuff better, they have recently moved to gravity-flow technology for more gentle handling of the grapes and juice, and they've been going green longer than most. The Tavola bottling is the new kid on the block, and it's produced from Ponzi's LIVE Certified Sustainable Avellana Vineyard as well as other sustainably-grown vineyards in the Chehalem Mountains, Yamhill-Carlton and Eola-Amity Hills AVAs.
Beautiful aromatics of blackberry, cinnamon stick, dried cranberry and cedar jump from the glass. The mouth is supple with strawberry, balsamic reduction, lavender, thyme and cocoa powder finishing with soft tannins laced with black licorice.
- Item #: i_244990Bottle Size: 750mlPortlandia's passion is to bring you the best of what Oregon's Willamette Valley offers. They start with some natural advantages. The cool climate and coastal influences make Oregon's Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris some of the best in the world. But producing good wine in this climate still requires an enormous effort made possible only by a very creative and talented team. The people at Portlandia are very fortunate to have grower partners throughout the Willamette Valley that offer wonderful fruit, allowing the Portlandia team to bring you incredible Pinot Noir.
Bright youthful garnet color of medium intensity. Sweet ripe cherry and red plum aromas with a hint of minerality and spicy pipe tobacco. Aromas are medium-plus intensity. Aromas repeat as flavors, with a spicy lingering finish.
- Item #: i_277550Bottle Size: 750mlThe Willamette Valley Pinot Noir from Resonance is sourced from both estate vineyards (Resonance and Decouverte Vineyards) and top vineyards in the Willamette Valley. The wine showcases the absolute best of the Willamette Valley, and elegantly blends Maison Louis Jadot's winemaking with the Willamette Valley's signature terroir.
The wine reflects a bright ruby color. The nose is very fresh and fruity, with a lot of red (strawberry, raspberry) and black fruits ( wild cherry, blackberry), enhanced by subtle floral and spicy aromas. Elegance and harmony describe precisely the palate. Tannins are present and fine, while the acidity brings a nice freshness, particularly long.
- Item #: i_275490Bottle Size: 750mlSt. Innocent's Villages Cuvee is produced from Pinot Noir grapes grown in Oregon's northern Willamette Valley. Fruit from their estate vineyard - Zenith - and other sites are blended to create a Pinot noir that complements rich white meat and fish dishes. To enhance this match, winemaker Mark Vlossak blends to maximize both the spectrum of flavors and length on the palate while minimizing the use of new oak.
Heady aromas of sweet, ground spice, fresh berries and black cherries with hints of mint and moist earth. Dark red fruit flavors, loads of spice and white pepper burst onto your palate. This is followed by a richer dark berry compote, cigar box, and hints of Asian five spice. The overall impression is of impressive length and breadth as well as remarkable pungent flavors while embracing round tannins well into the finish. Drink now or over the next several years to watch it evolve
- Item #: i_266450Bottle Size: 750mlStoller Family Estate is the largest contiguous vineyard in Oregon’s Dundee Hills, spanning 398 acres, with approximately 210 under vine. The vineyard is divided into 101 meticulously-farmed sections at elevations ranging from 220 to 640 feet. Made with Stoller's estate Pinot Noir, this wine saw whole berry, native yeast fermentation before aging primarily in neutral French oak for nine months. Notes of bright red fruit, baking spice, cola and earth are met with silky tannins, layers of complexity and a lengthy finish — a classic representation of the Dundee Hills.
- Item #: i_222180Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Oregon Pinot Noir is on a string of rock star vintages! 2015 was ripe, juicy, and hedonistic, while 2016 was fresh, lively, and aromatic. 2017 may turn out to be the "Goldilocks" of the trio, showing ripe fruit with good intensity, yet retaining freshness and verve. Oregon Pinot Noir has the potential to stand up to the best wines coming out of California, Burgundy, or New Zealand, and with a wine of this price...earning this score...Oregon may become the best area in the new world to find quality Pinot Noir for not a lot of money!
The Black Family purchased a vineyard in the warm Dundee Hills of Oregon's Willamette Valley as a family retreat. With family and longevity in mind, they immediately changed the farming techniques in the vineyard, and began to employ sustainable farming on the property. Two years later, the family purchased property in the neighboring Yamhill-Carlton District, employing the same sustainable farming practices, and even practicing biodynamic farming on half of the vineyard! This vineyard has been turned into one of the largest experiments of its kind, with 40 acres farmed sustainably through the L.I.V.E. (Low Impact Viticulture and Enology) program. Today, The Four Graces combines the fruit from these two properties to make one fantastic Pinot Noir! This wine was aged for nine months in French oak barrels (of which 15% were new).
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS 'HIGHLY RECOMMENDED' - "Graceful and sleekly complex, with pretty cherry blossom aromas that open to poised raspberry, green tea and spice flavors that glide along the finish. Drink now through 2026."
Winery Notes - Pleasant aromas of raspberry, Bing cherry and hints of earthy forest floor mingle. The palate exudes bright red fruit flavors of cherry and cranberry complemented by a focused mid palate of black pepper and light roasted coffee beans.