- Item #: i_200035Bottle Size: 750mlROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Shea is made from hand-destemmed grapes fermented in a 500-liter terra cotta amphora. Medium ruby-purple in color, it opens slowly on the nose to wild red and black berries with broody touches of earth, tar and aniseed. The medium-bodied palate offers intense, seamlessly framed earth-laced fruits, and it finishes long and nuanced. There's more to come but this is youthfully shy, so give it another couple years bottle. 137 cases were made."
- Item #: i_201050Bottle Size: 750mlThe first wine that caught our attention from this Oregon stage producer was their Mueller-Thurgau; a white variety that is not often planted. That wine is so clean and refreshing, we had to see what else was in their bag of tricks. Happily, we found their Willamette Valley Pinot Noir to be delicous, too! Anne Amie's estate and all vineyards they get fruit from are Salmon Safe and LIVE certified, which means they are dedicated to restoring and maintaining healthy watersheds for minimal impact on aquifers and wildlife.
This Pinot Noir displays red cherry, strawberry, sassafras, cardamom, and fig, along with flavors that are reminiscent of red cherry, clove baking spice, fig, cassis, and cola. This wine ends with a long, rich finish with smooth tannins and nicely placed acidity.
- Item #: i_200410Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 91 PointsWINERY NOTES - The 2018 Dundee Hills is opulent and teeming with balance. Wild berries and fresh roasted coffee on the nose lead to complex stone fruit flavors and the peppery nuance associated with whole-cluster fermentation. A master juggler, the '18 Dundee Hills handles tannin, new oak, and minerality with remarkable finesse. Driven by quintessential Red Hills locales and flavors, the wine is a culmination of our 25-year legacy-an opus to our special surroundings.
WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "This cuvée is the first to be released from each new vintage, and the most widely available. The 2018 marks the debut (from harvest to bottling) of winemaker Ian Burch, and it’s a promising one. Full bodied and open, this mixes ripe red and purple fruits, especially plums and cherries, with a touch of lightly minty chocolate. Delicious and ready for near-term enjoyment."
- Item #: i_201750Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Filled with tension and verve, with lively acidity framed by blueberry and cherry flavors laced with rose petal and spice and finishing with fine grained tannins. Drink now through 2028. 1,852 cases made."
- Item #: i_201730Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Refined and sleekly structured, with multilayered raspberry and cherry flavors that are laced with black tea and spice and glide on a long finish. Drink now through 2027."
- Item #: i_202630Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95If you have ever thought about venturing into Oregon Pinot Noirs, now is your time! And if you are an Oregon Pinot Noir zealot, now is your time! 2015 is going down in the record books as one of the best vintages in the history of the state, with warm weather throughout most of the growing season, and the sun shining bright during harvest. The wines are forward, inviting, complex, and nuanced. Located in the Ribbon Ridge sub-region of the Willamette Valley, Beaux Freres is planted on steep, contiguous southward facing hillsides of Willakenzie soils, comprised of old marine sediment. With a focus on biodynamic farming, the vines are planted at high density and some vines on the property are 30 years old, with several being own rooted!
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 95 POINTS - "Brilliant ruby. Intense red and blue fruit, floral and spice qualities on the highly perfumed nose, along with hints of cola and licorice. Juicy and precise, offering concentrated raspberry, boysenberry and floral pastille flavors that take on a five-spice-powder nuance with air. Plays power off delicacy with a sure hand and finishes extremely long and silky, with polished tannins framing lingering red fruit and candied rose notes. 45% new oak."
- Item #: i_275444Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94+Wine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR #37 WINE OF 2020!
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Dynamic yet harmonious, with expressive raspberry and rose petal aromas, accented by flavors of orange peel and dusky spice. Builds richness toward polished tannins. Drink now through 2028."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple, the 2018 Pinot Noir Cumberland Reserve takes its time to unfold to notes of earth, tar and blue and black berries on the nose. The palate is medium-bodied, firm and seamlessly fresh with intense dark fruits and a peppery finish. It's youthfully coiled and will have more to show with another couple years in bottle."
- Item #: i_213760Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 95 POINTS - "Brilliant garnet. Assertive red berry preserve, cherry and floral aromas are complemented by sexy Asian spice, incense and smoky mineral accents. Shows impressive depth and sharp delineation on the palate, offering spice-tinged red and blue fruit liqueur, cola and spicecake flavors that pick up candied rose and blood orange nuances with air. Finishes extremely long and pure, with fine-grained tannins providing shape and grip to lingering black raspberry and five-spice powder notes."
- Item #: i_218920Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93Mount Richmond sits at 300-500 feet elevation, lower than the vineyards planted at the winery, which allows for earlier ripening. Planted in a high-density format (2100 vines/acre), similar to Roosevelt, Mount Richmond sits in rolling hills just outside the town of Yamhill just East of the Coast Range Mountains. In addition to the old vine pommard selection, planted from select cuttings off of Roosevelt Vineyard, the blend now also includes equal parts of Dijon clones 115 and 777.
Fruit from Mount Richmond is fermented in small, temperature controlled steel tanks, hand punched down twice daily, and barreled in 50% new french oak barrels. After 10 months of aging in barrels, only the barrels that are most representative of the Mount Richmond profile are carefully blended to create a big, luscious Oregon Pinot Noir
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Saturated crimson. Powerful, smoke- and spice-tinged cherry and blueberry qualities on the nose, along with building floral and vanilla nuances. Musky underbrush and licorice notes emerge with air and carry onto the palate, which offers bitter cherry, blue fruit, spicecake and floral pastille flavors. A sweeter cola note pops up on the impressively long, youthfully tannic finish, which echoes the cherry and floral nuances."
- Item #: i_218810Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleRaspberry and dark cherry lead into woodsy aromas of mushroom, violet and thyme. Full and very fruit-forward, the wine finishes long with cardamom and warm baking spices.
- Item #: i_218900Bottle Size: 750MLAll of Elk Cove's Pinot Noir fruit undergoes the same meticulous vineyard management and gentle handling through a gravity flow system, thus achieving the elegance, texture and luscious quality that are the hallmarks of exquisite Pinot Noirs. From the early pioneering days to now, their Willamette Valley Pinot Noir has remained the foundation of Elk Cove Vineyards. This Pinot Noir is blended from several select vineyard sites comprised of Pommard and Dijon plant material and shows the softest, most approachable drinking style Elk Cove makes.
Raspberry and dark cherry lead into woodsy aromas of mushroom, violet and thyme. Full and very fruit-forward, the wine finishes long with cardamom and warm baking spices.
- Item #: i_232570Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Seven Springs Vineyard was planted in 1984 by Al MacDonald on an east-facing slope, in the iron-rich and rocky, volcanic soils of the Eola-Amity Hills. Al planted what would become one of Oregon's most recognized vineyards who sold fruit to many benchmark Oregon producers. The vineyard's position opposite of the windy Van Duzer Corridor mitigates hot, sunny afternoons in the Willamette Valley with cool winds from the Pacific. As valley temperatures increase throughout the day, warm air rises, replaced by cooling winds flooding in from the Pacific through the Van Duzer gap and across the vineyard providing extended hang time at harvest. The vineyard has always been dry farmed, it's certified LIVE and was converted to biodynamic viticulture in 2007.
At the helm of Seven Springs is Rajat Parr, world renowned wine sommelier and Sashi Moorman, known for his passion for winemaking and viticulture. Together, these two bring an insurmountable amount of knowledge leading Seven Springs into its 4th decade producing outstanding wines at an affordable price point!
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Pale to medium ruby-purple, the 2018 Pinot Noir Seven Springs Estate has gently broody scents of blackberries, earth, dried violets and herbs. The light to medium-bodied palate is soft, bright and spicy with earthy undertones and fresh acidic lift, finishing delicate and long."
- Item #: i_220720Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Seven Springs Vineyard is another stellar wine in this range. Deep, layered and full of nuance, the Seven Springs has so much to say. Layers of inky red/purplish fruit flesh out as this pliant, powerful Pinot shows off its stunning beauty and textural depth. The 2018 is such a gorgeous and expressive wine."
- Item #: i_222185Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleOregon Pinot Noir is on a string of rock star vintages! 2015 was ripe, juicy, and hedonistic, while 2016 was fresh, lively, and aromatic. 2017 may turn out to be the "Goldilocks" of the trio, showing ripe fruit with good intensity, yet retaining freshness and verve. Oregon Pinot Noir has the potential to stand up to the best wines coming out of California, Burgundy, or New Zealand, and with a wine of this price...earning this score...Oregon may become the best area in the new world to find quality Pinot Noir for not a lot of money!
The Black Family purchased a vineyard in the warm Dundee Hills of Oregon's Willamette Valley as a family retreat. With family and longevity in mind, they immediately changed the farming techniques in the vineyard, and began to employ sustainable farming on the property. Two years later, the family purchased property in the neighboring Yamhill-Carlton District, employing the same sustainable farming practices, and even practicing biodynamic farming on half of the vineyard! This vineyard has been turned into one of the largest experiments of its kind, with 40 acres farmed sustainably through the L.I.V.E. (Low Impact Viticulture and Enology) program. Today, The Four Graces combines the fruit from these two properties to make one fantastic Pinot Noir! This wine was aged for nine months in French oak barrels (of which 15% were new).
- Item #: i_222520Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Dynamic yet elegant and sleek, with refined cherry, dusky spice and crushed stone accents that take on richness and structure toward medium-grained tannins. Drink now through 2028. 6,500 cases made."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple, the 2018 Pinot Noir Yamhill-Carlton has broody aromas of crushed cherries and blood orange with accents of forest floor and exotic spices. The medium-bodied palate is silky with uplifted, floral-laced fruits and a long, vivacious finish. 6,594 cases produced."
- Item #: i_249920Bottle Size: 750mlStrawberry jam, ripe cherry, and brown sugar mixed with whole peppercorn. An elegant palate with hints of sweet plum and boysenberry. Velvety tannins and balance of sweet and savory leave you wanting more.
- Item #: i_251750Bottle Size: 750MLSince their first commercial release of their Pinot Noir in 1974, Nancy and Dick Ponzi have garnered international acclaim for their limited production wines! Always looking for ways to make their stuff better, they have recently moved to gravity-flow technology for more gentle handling of the grapes and juice, and they've been going green longer than most. The Tavola bottling is the new kid on the block, and it's produced from Ponzi's LIVE Certified Sustainable Avellana Vineyard as well as other sustainably-grown vineyards in the Chehalem Mountains, Yamhill-Carlton and Eola-Amity Hills AVAs.
Beautiful aromatics of blackberry, cinnamon stick, dried cranberry and cedar jump from the glass. The mouth is supple with strawberry, balsamic reduction, lavender, thyme and cocoa powder finishing with soft tannins laced with black licorice.
- Item #: i_244990Bottle Size: 750mlPortlandia's passion is to bring you the best of what Oregon's Willamette Valley offers. They start with some natural advantages. The cool climate and coastal influences make Oregon's Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris some of the best in the world. But producing good wine in this climate still requires an enormous effort made possible only by a very creative and talented team. The people at Portlandia are very fortunate to have grower partners throughout the Willamette Valley that offer wonderful fruit, allowing the Portlandia team to bring you incredible Pinot Noir.
Bright youthful garnet color of medium intensity. Sweet ripe cherry and red plum aromas with a hint of minerality and spicy pipe tobacco. Aromas are medium-plus intensity. Aromas repeat as flavors, with a spicy lingering finish.
- Item #: i_277550Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 90The Willamette Valley Pinot Noir from Resonance is sourced from both estate vineyards (Resonance and Decouverte Vineyards) and top vineyards in the Willamette Valley. The wine showcases the absolute best of the Willamette Valley, and elegantly blends Maison Louis Jadot's winemaking with the Willamette Valley's signature terroir.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 90 POINTS - "Shimmering ruby. Smoky, spice-tinged black raspberry and cherry aromas carry a subtle floral topnote. Lively dark fruit and floral pastille flavors are deepened by a licorice nuance and a hint of bitter chocolate. Silky in texture and appealingly sweet, finishing with sharp focus and spicy persistence. 20% new French oak."
- Item #: i_266450Bottle Size: 750mlStoller Family Estate is the largest contiguous vineyard in Oregon's Dundee Hills, spanning 398 acres, with approximately 210 under vine. The vineyard is divided into 101 meticulously-farmed sections at elevations ranging from 220 to 640 feet. Made with Stoller's estate Pinot Noir, this wine saw whole berry, native yeast fermentation before aging primarily in neutral French oak for nine months. Notes of bright red fruit, baking spice, cola and earth are met with silky tannins, layers of complexity and a lengthy finish — a classic representation of the Dundee Hills.