Pinot Noir is a red wine grape variety of the species Vitis vinifera. Pinot Noir grapes are grown around the world, mostly in the cooler regions, but the grape is chiefly associated with the Burgundy region of France. Other regions that have gained a reputation for Pinot Noir include the Willamette Valley of Oregon, the Carneros, Central Coast and Russian River AVAs of California, the Walker Bay wine region of South Africa, Tasmania and Yarra Valley in Australia and the Central Otago, Martinborough and Marlborough wine regions of New Zealand. Pinot Noir is also a primary variety used in sparkling wine production in Champagne and other wine regions. It is widely considered to produce some of the finest wines in the world, but is a difficult variety to cultivate and transform into wine. The grape's tendency to produce tightly packed clusters makes it susceptible to several viticultural hazards involving rot that require diligent canopy management. The thin-skins and low levels of phenolic compounds lends Pinot to producing mostly lightly colored, medium bodied low tannin wines that can often go through dumb phases with uneven and unpredictable aging. When young, wines made from Pinot Noir tend to have red fruit aromas of cherries, raspberries and strawberries. As the wines age, Pinots have the potential to develop vegetal and "barnyard" aromas that can contribute to the complexity of the wine.
- Item #: i_201110Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2016 A to Z Oregon Pinot Noir highlights the ripeness and concentration of the vintage with an uncommon grace and style. The compelling nose opens with vibrant notes of blackberry, blueberry, black cherry, raspberry, strawberry, red current, plum, thyme, sage and baking spices. The scents are lifted by lingering rose petal and violet aromas, while deeper notes of graphite, leather, and pipe tobacco bring depth.
- Item #: i_200280Bottle Size: 750ml
Adelsheim Vineyard began back in 1971 with Ginny and David Adelsheim purchasing 19 acres in beautiful Oregon countryside. They shared a dream with a handful of families that Oregon's climate and land could one day produce serious wines. A home was built, vines planted, and in 1978, the first commercial wines were produced. Over four decades, Adelsheim Vineyard grew up with Oregon's wine industry pioneering the way towards the future of wine production.
With its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, duck, beef or hearty vegetarian entrees. Adelsheim Vineyard began back in 1971 with Ginny and David Adelsheim purchasing 19 acres in beautiful Oregon countryside. They shared a dream with a handful of families that Oregon's climate and land could one day produce serious wines. A home was built, vines planted, and in 1978, the first commercial wines were produced. Over four decades, Adelsheim Vineyard grew up with Oregon's wine industry pioneering the way towards the future of wine production.
With its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, duck, beef or hearty vegetarian entrees.
- Item #: i_201050Bottle Size: 750mlThe first wine that caught our attention from this Oregon stage producer was their Mueller-Thurgau; a white variety that is not often planted. That wine is so clean and refreshing, we had to see what else was in their bag of tricks. Happily, we found their Willamette Valley Pinot Noir to be delicous, too! Anne Amie's estate and all vineyards they get fruit from are Salmon Safe and LIVE certified, which means they are dedicated to restoring and maintaining healthy watersheds for minimal impact on aquifers and wildlife.
This Pinot Noir displays red cherry, strawberry, sassafras, cardamom, and fig, along with flavors that are reminiscent of red cherry, clove baking spice, fig, cassis, and cola. This wine ends with a long, rich finish with smooth tannins and nicely placed acidity.
- Item #: i_200410Bottle Size: 750MLANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 91 POINTS - "Limpid ruby-red. Assertive red berry preserve and incense aromas, along with suggestions of oak spices, cola and smoky minerals. Spicy and focused on entry and then fleshier in the mid-palate, offering black raspberry, bitter cherry and vanilla flavors and a touch of white pepper. Shows very good energy and spicy lift on the persistent finish, which is framed by smooth, even tannins. (36% new French oak) "
- Item #: i_201730Bottle Size: 750MLThe Dundee Hills and Eola-Amity Hills are home to our Reserve Pinot Noir, both based in volcanic red soils, providing spicy elegance and texture. Perfumed, floral, and red cherry weave with delicate mocha and five spice. The tannins are firm, but rounded, an underlying minerality which drives the mid-palate through the long finish. While delving for pure fruit flavors and juicy acidity, we hang our phenolic hat on our trademark silky texture, which has been enhanced through cold soaking and fermenting in small, 1.5-ton fermentations.
- Item #: i_201710Bottle Size: 750MLArgyle Pinot Noir highlights the elegance and complexity of the Willamette Valley, showcasing the purity of fruit and supple texture the region has to offer. Fermented entirely in small, 1.5 ton lots and plunged by hand, the 2018 vintage leans dark cherry, red raspberry, and orange zest. Fresh, vibrant acidity is framed with polished tannin along with classic Argyle silky texture and persistent length.
- Item #: i_201680Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "(50% whole clusters and 50% new French oak) Brilliant red. Powerful smoke- and spice-accented red berry liqueur, mocha and floral pastille scents show excellent clarity and pick up notes of licorice and cola with air. Sweet and expansive on the palate, offering juicy black raspberry, cherry cola, lavender and spicecake flavors that become livelier on the back half. This weighty yet lithe Pinot finishes smooth and very long, featuring slow-building tannins and resonating florality."
- Item #: i_201690Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 90Textbook Willamette Valley Pinot Noir with juicy, fresh fruit and berry flavors - think dark cherry, cranberry, blackberry, more cherry. Clove, mocha, blood orange and vanilla accents abound adding complexity. The texture is ripe and plush with a line of acid running through to keep the wine vibrant. The wine is all about focus, electricity, and verve.
- Item #: i_202630Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95If you have ever thought about venturing into Oregon Pinot Noirs, now is your time! And if you are an Oregon Pinot Noir zealot, now is your time! 2015 is going down in the record books as one of the best vintages in the history of the state, with warm weather throughout most of the growing season, and the sun shining bright during harvest. The wines are forward, inviting, complex, and nuanced. Located in the Ribbon Ridge sub-region of the Willamette Valley, Beaux Freres is planted on steep, contiguous southward facing hillsides of Willakenzie soils, comprised of old marine sediment. With a focus on biodynamic farming, the vines are planted at high density and some vines on the property are 30 years old, with several being own rooted!
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Combines structure with verve, offering richly expressive raspberry, violet and orange peel flavors that take on polish and complexity toward wellbuffed tannins. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_275444Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Precise and well-structured, with raspberry, dusky spice and black tea flavors that persist toward refined tannins. Drink now through 2024. 5,000 cases made."
- Item #: i_208700Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is very expressive of smoky espresso, cacao, raspberry, pomegranate, rose petals, and graham cracker. The fruit on the palate is juicy in a refreshing kind of way with playful dusty tannins. There is an easiness to the way the wine drinks that is soothing and comfortable like the way your favorite old pair of leather boots feel on your feet.
- Item #: i_210780Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "(50% new French oak) Vivid red. Primary red and blue fruit scents, along with hints of cola, vanilla and smoky Indian spices. Fleshy and appealingly sweet, offering intense black raspberry and boysenberry flavors underscored by a vein of juicy acidity. A sexy floral note emerges on the strikingly long, energetic finish, which features rounded tannins and lingering five-spice powder and candied rose notes."
- Item #: i_277650Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92Vinous Media: 90WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Refined and elegantly layered, with pretty rose petal and raspberry accents that build polish as this dances on a long finish. Drink now through 2025. 4,200 cases made."
- Item #: i_211260Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2018 Cloudline Pinot Noir carries the familiar ruby red color of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, but with a darker shading at its core. On the nose, the fresh aromatics convey the vibrancy of the vintage, and on the palate, there are deep cherry and berry notes ahead of the pleasing finish.
- Item #: i_213760Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Vivid red. Expansive aromas of ripe red berries, candied flowers and baking spices, with a smoky mineral topnote that gains strength as the wine opens up. Coats the palate with appealing sweet raspberry and cherry liqueur flavors that tighten up and become spicier on the back half. Shows excellent clarity and floral lift on an impressively long finish that's shaped by fine-grained, even tannins."
- Item #: i_213790Bottle Size: 750mlMt. Jefferson Cuvee is a blend of the Cristom estate Pinot Noir vineyards along with exceptional fruit they source from neighboring vineyards in the Willamette Valley. These contributing sites have been thoughtfully selected over the years, and are planted on a variety of soil types, elevations and aspects, representing the Willamette Valley Appellation as a broader whole. Each of these vineyards are farmed by committed winegrowers they are proud to partner with, with each site adding to the character, fruit, and structure of the wine, giving "Mt. Jeff" its deserved reputation as one of the most stylistically consistent Pinot Noirs in the world.
- Item #: i_216190Bottle Size: 750mlDivision's "UN" Pinot Noir is a blend of fruit from vineyards located in the cooler portions of the Willamette Valley, including Eola Springs, Bjornson, and Temperance Hill vineyards. All but one of the vineyards included in the "Un" cuvee is organically, LIVE Certified and/or Biodynamically farmed. The oldest vines, the Eola Springs Vineyard, has transitioned to Biodynamic and organic principled farming (save for phylloxera treatment in the old vines).
Division's 2018 Pinot Noir "Un" gives generous huckleberry fruit on the nose andpalate, matching the darker fruit flavors with brambliness and acidity. Heaps of wet slate, allspice, and a sweet praline nuttiness round out the wine for a savory finish that somehow manages to be dense and airy. For a base level Pinot Noir, it packs serious punch and complexity – this is not a wine to be missed!
- Item #: i_216100Bottle Size: 750MLANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Deep bright-hued red. Fresh red and blue fruits, pungent flowers, star anise, sassafras and a hint of smoky minerals on the deeply perfumed nose. Juicy and focused on the palate, offering intense boysenberry and black raspberry flavors that are lifted and sharpened by a spine of zesty acidity. The spice and floral notes come back strong on an impressively long, seamless finish, where silky tannins sneak in late."
- Item #: i_216350Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "This is an earthy and attractive wine that has a deeply spicy red-cherry thread that offers a bright and more centrally focused palate than many other pinots from Serene, making for immediate appeal. Drink now."
Extremely expressive, the 2016 Yamhill Cuvee Pinot Noir offers an alluring nose rich with aromas of cocoa and clove. The palate is bursting with an intense patchwork of marionberry, black currant, and blueberry flavors. Polished and plush, its seamlessly integrated and silky tannins lead to a long, lingering finish. An exceptionally appealing wine, its complexity leaves you thirsty for more.
- Item #: i_218970Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Pinot Noir la Boheme is pale to medium ruby-purple in color with a great open nose of warm black cherries and blackcurrant with touches of cardamom, cinnamon stick, dried leaves and forest floor. Light to medium-bodied, it fills the mouth with warm, spice-laced black fruits, framed with firm, fine-grained tannins and mouthwatering acidity, finishing long with earth and spicy accents. 700 cases produced."
- Item #: i_218920Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Mount Richmond sits at 300-500 feet elevation, lower than the vineyards planted at the winery, which allows for earlier ripening. Planted in a high-density format (2100 vines/acre), similar to Roosevelt, Mount Richmond sits in rolling hills just outside the town of Yamhill just East of the Coast Range Mountains. In addition to the old vine pommard selection, planted from select cuttings off of Roosevelt Vineyard, the blend now also includes equal parts of Dijon clones 115 and 777.
Fruit from Mount Richmond is fermented in small, temperature controlled steel tanks, hand punched down twice daily, and barreled in 50% new french oak barrels. After 10 months of aging in barrels, only the barrels that are most representative of the Mount Richmond profile are carefully blended to create a big, luscious Oregon Pinot Noir
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Offers grace and presence, with layered cherry and pomegranate flavors, accented by sassafras tea and spice notes, building tension toward refined tannins. Drink now through 2028. 1,007 cases made."
- Item #: i_218810Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleA multi-faceted nose of cherry, tobacco, violets and pastry introduces a wine with great purity of fruit. Its fresh, rounded notes of plums, currants and fresh candied cherries give way to finely balanced tannins in this elegant, bright wine.