Pinot Noir is a red wine grape variety of the species Vitis vinifera. Pinot Noir grapes are grown around the world, mostly in the cooler regions, but the grape is chiefly associated with the Burgundy region of France. Other regions that have gained a reputation for Pinot Noir include the Willamette Valley of Oregon, the Carneros, Central Coast and Russian River AVAs of California, the Walker Bay wine region of South Africa, Tasmania and Yarra Valley in Australia and the Central Otago, Martinborough and Marlborough wine regions of New Zealand. Pinot Noir is also a primary variety used in sparkling wine production in Champagne and other wine regions. It is widely considered to produce some of the finest wines in the world, but is a difficult variety to cultivate and transform into wine. The grape's tendency to produce tightly packed clusters makes it susceptible to several viticultural hazards involving rot that require diligent canopy management. The thin-skins and low levels of phenolic compounds lends Pinot to producing mostly lightly colored, medium bodied low tannin wines that can often go through dumb phases with uneven and unpredictable aging. When young, wines made from Pinot Noir tend to have red fruit aromas of cherries, raspberries and strawberries. As the wines age, Pinots have the potential to develop vegetal and "barnyard" aromas that can contribute to the complexity of the wine.
- Item #: i_201110Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2016 A to Z Oregon Pinot Noir highlights the ripeness and concentration of the vintage with an uncommon grace and style. The compelling nose opens with vibrant notes of blackberry, blueberry, black cherry, raspberry, strawberry, red current, plum, thyme, sage and baking spices. The scents are lifted by lingering rose petal and violet aromas, while deeper notes of graphite, leather, and pipe tobacco bring depth.
- Item #: i_200280Bottle Size: 750ml
Adelsheim Vineyard began back in 1971 with Ginny and David Adelsheim purchasing 19 acres in beautiful Oregon countryside. They shared a dream with a handful of families that Oregon's climate and land could one day produce serious wines. A home was built, vines planted, and in 1978, the first commercial wines were produced. Over four decades, Adelsheim Vineyard grew up with Oregon's wine industry pioneering the way towards the future of wine production.
With its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, duck, beef or hearty vegetarian entrees. Adelsheim Vineyard began back in 1971 with Ginny and David Adelsheim purchasing 19 acres in beautiful Oregon countryside. They shared a dream with a handful of families that Oregon's climate and land could one day produce serious wines. A home was built, vines planted, and in 1978, the first commercial wines were produced. Over four decades, Adelsheim Vineyard grew up with Oregon's wine industry pioneering the way towards the future of wine production.
With its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, duck, beef or hearty vegetarian entrees.
- Item #: i_201020Bottle Size: 750mlPrisme is the truest expression of the Pinot Noir grape. Anne Amie selects only their finest blocks of Pinot noir and gently press the grapes, liberating the free run juice, but not the color or tannins from the skins. It is then barrel-fermented, and aged on its lees in French oak barrels for 18 months. This structured white wine has a backbone of acidity, a voluptuous mid-palate and along, creamy finish. Prismé is named after the word prism - the splitting of white light into its corresponding colors. Anne Amie is doing precisely that in reverse, making a rich, textured white wine from Pinot noir.
The Prisme starts with 100% Pinot noir free run juice that is settled and racked into barrels. It is entirely barrel-fermented in French oak puncheons; lees stirred, allowed partial malolactic fermentation (around 80%) and then aged on its lees for 18 months before bottling.
The aromas is this wine begin with baked apples, fennel, vanilla bean, elderflower, cardamom, candied ginger, creme brulee, then moves to flavors of ripe pears, graham cracker, nutmeg, lemon meringue, and ripe fig, with a lingering finished laced with creamy acidity.
- Item #: i_201050Bottle Size: 750mlThe first wine that caught our attention from this Oregon stage producer was their Mueller-Thurgau; a white variety that is not often planted. That wine is so clean and refreshing, we had to see what else was in their bag of tricks. Happily, we found their Willamette Valley Pinot Noir to be delicous, too! Anne Amie's estate and all vineyards they get fruit from are Salmon Safe and LIVE certified, which means they are dedicated to restoring and maintaining healthy watersheds for minimal impact on aquifers and wildlife.
This Pinot Noir displays red cherry, strawberry, sassafras, cardamom, and fig, along with flavors that are reminiscent of red cherry, clove baking spice, fig, cassis, and cola. This wine ends with a long, rich finish with smooth tannins and nicely placed acidity.
- Item #: i_200410Bottle Size: 750MLANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 91 POINTS - "Limpid ruby-red. Assertive red berry preserve and incense aromas, along with suggestions of oak spices, cola and smoky minerals. Spicy and focused on entry and then fleshier in the mid-palate, offering black raspberry, bitter cherry and vanilla flavors and a touch of white pepper. Shows very good energy and spicy lift on the persistent finish, which is framed by smooth, even tannins. (36% new French oak) "
- Item #: i_201730Bottle Size: 750MLThe Dundee Hills and Eola-Amity Hills are home to our Reserve Pinot Noir, both based in volcanic red soils, providing spicy elegance and texture. Perfumed, floral, and red cherry weave with delicate mocha and five spice. The tannins are firm, but rounded, an underlying minerality which drives the mid-palate through the long finish. While delving for pure fruit flavors and juicy acidity, we hang our phenolic hat on our trademark silky texture, which has been enhanced through cold soaking and fermenting in small, 1.5-ton fermentations.
- Item #: i_201710Bottle Size: 750MLArgyle Pinot Noir highlights the elegance and complexity of the Willamette Valley, showcasing the purity of fruit and supple texture the region has to offer. Fermented entirely in small, 1.5 ton lots and plunged by hand, the 2018 vintage leans dark cherry, red raspberry, and orange zest. Fresh, vibrant acidity is framed with polished tannin along with classic Argyle silky texture and persistent length.
- Item #: i_201680Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "(50% whole clusters and 50% new French oak) Brilliant red. Powerful smoke- and spice-accented red berry liqueur, mocha and floral pastille scents show excellent clarity and pick up notes of licorice and cola with air. Sweet and expansive on the palate, offering juicy black raspberry, cherry cola, lavender and spicecake flavors that become livelier on the back half. This weighty yet lithe Pinot finishes smooth and very long, featuring slow-building tannins and resonating florality."
- Item #: i_202660Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95In 1986, winemaker Michael Etzlel came across a prime piece of property in Oregon's Willamette Valley. Through a partnership with his brother in law, renowned wine critic Robert M. Parker, Jr., and Robert Roy, the dream was realized, and Beaux Freres was born. This trio strives to produce high quality wines from the Pinot Noir grape, following classical Burgundian grape growing practices.
Even though Robert Parker never reviews these wines, other publications have; and the wines have garnered exciting reviews! The wines sell out each year, so if you're into high quality, low production Pinot Noir from one of Oregon's better producers, then don't hesitate!
Winery Notes - Pure, classic Beaux Freres with everything in beautiful poise. Our first tasting revealed an enthralling wine, opening like floodgates toward the sublime – a freshly cedar-oiled grandfather clock, a favorite Musigny, blood-orange dark chocolate candies, or perhaps something unique and lovely from your own memory bank. The texture is refined, the tannins well integrated, and the entire wine deeply intricate and harmonious.
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Remarkably and seamlessly complex, with a polished and refined core wrapped in silky raspberry and blueberry flavors, accented by savory spice and orange zest hints. The long finish builds toward polished tannins. Drink now through 2025. 2,686 cases made."
- Item #: i_202630Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95If you have ever thought about venturing into Oregon Pinot Noirs, now is your time! And if you are an Oregon Pinot Noir zealot, now is your time! 2015 is going down in the record books as one of the best vintages in the history of the state, with warm weather throughout most of the growing season, and the sun shining bright during harvest. The wines are forward, inviting, complex, and nuanced. Located in the Ribbon Ridge sub-region of the Willamette Valley, Beaux Freres is planted on steep, contiguous southward facing hillsides of Willakenzie soils, comprised of old marine sediment. With a focus on biodynamic farming, the vines are planted at high density and some vines on the property are 30 years old, with several being own rooted!
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Combines structure with verve, offering richly expressive raspberry, violet and orange peel flavors that take on polish and complexity toward wellbuffed tannins. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_202650Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Seduces you immediately, with expressive violet and dark raspberry aromas that open to polished and brilliantly structured blueberry, savory anise and tea flavors that take on richness on a long finish. Drink now through 2026."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 94-95 POINTS - "Bright red. High-pitched red berry, cherry cola and incense scents show outstanding clarity and spicy lift. Palate-staining red berry preserve, spicecake and floral pastille flavors slowly deepen on the back half. Manages to come off graceful as well as lithe, with no rough edges. Finishes smooth, spicy and extremely long, featuring sneaky tannins and lingering red fruit and candied rose notes."
- Item #: i_202780Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "A dynamic, complex wine that retains polish and focus, offering compelling black raspberry, orange peel and savory spice flavors that build richness toward refined tannins. Drink now through 2026. Tasted twice, with consistent notes."
- Item #: i_275444Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Precise and well-structured, with raspberry, dusky spice and black tea flavors that persist toward refined tannins. Drink now through 2024. 5,000 cases made."
- Item #: i_208700Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is very expressive of smoky espresso, cacao, raspberry, pomegranate, rose petals, and graham cracker. The fruit on the palate is juicy in a refreshing kind of way with playful dusty tannins. There is an easiness to the way the wine drinks that is soothing and comfortable like the way your favorite old pair of leather boots feel on your feet.
- Item #: i_210780Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "(50% new French oak) Vivid red. Primary red and blue fruit scents, along with hints of cola, vanilla and smoky Indian spices. Fleshy and appealingly sweet, offering intense black raspberry and boysenberry flavors underscored by a vein of juicy acidity. A sexy floral note emerges on the strikingly long, energetic finish, which features rounded tannins and lingering five-spice powder and candied rose notes."
- Item #: i_277650Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92Vinous Media: 90WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Refined and elegantly layered, with pretty rose petal and raspberry accents that build polish as this dances on a long finish. Drink now through 2025. 4,200 cases made."
- Item #: i_213760Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Vivid red. Expansive aromas of ripe red berries, candied flowers and baking spices, with a smoky mineral topnote that gains strength as the wine opens up. Coats the palate with appealing sweet raspberry and cherry liqueur flavors that tighten up and become spicier on the back half. Shows excellent clarity and floral lift on an impressively long finish that's shaped by fine-grained, even tannins."
- Item #: i_216350Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "This is an earthy and attractive wine that has a deeply spicy red-cherry thread that offers a bright and more centrally focused palate than many other pinots from Serene, making for immediate appeal. Drink now."
Extremely expressive, the 2016 Yamhill Cuvee Pinot Noir offers an alluring nose rich with aromas of cocoa and clove. The palate is bursting with an intense patchwork of marionberry, black currant, and blueberry flavors. Polished and plush, its seamlessly integrated and silky tannins lead to a long, lingering finish. An exceptionally appealing wine, its complexity leaves you thirsty for more.
- Item #: i_218970Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Pinot Noir la Boheme is pale to medium ruby-purple in color with a great open nose of warm black cherries and blackcurrant with touches of cardamom, cinnamon stick, dried leaves and forest floor. Light to medium-bodied, it fills the mouth with warm, spice-laced black fruits, framed with firm, fine-grained tannins and mouthwatering acidity, finishing long with earth and spicy accents. 700 cases produced."
- Item #: i_218920Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Mount Richmond sits at 300-500 feet elevation, lower than the vineyards planted at the winery, which allows for earlier ripening. Planted in a high-density format (2100 vines/acre), similar to Roosevelt, Mount Richmond sits in rolling hills just outside the town of Yamhill just East of the Coast Range Mountains. In addition to the old vine pommard selection, planted from select cuttings off of Roosevelt Vineyard, the blend now also includes equal parts of Dijon clones 115 and 777.
Fruit from Mount Richmond is fermented in small, temperature controlled steel tanks, hand punched down twice daily, and barreled in 50% new french oak barrels. After 10 months of aging in barrels, only the barrels that are most representative of the Mount Richmond profile are carefully blended to create a big, luscious Oregon Pinot Noir
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Offers grace and presence, with layered cherry and pomegranate flavors, accented by sassafras tea and spice notes, building tension toward refined tannins. Drink now through 2028. 1,007 cases made."
- Item #: i_218810Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleA multi-faceted nose of cherry, tobacco, violets and pastry introduces a wine with great purity of fruit. Its fresh, rounded notes of plums, currants and fresh candied cherries give way to finely balanced tannins in this elegant, bright wine.
- Item #: i_218900Bottle Size: 750MLAll of Elk Cove's Pinot Noir fruit undergoes the same meticulous vineyard management and gentle handling through a gravity flow system, thus achieving the elegance, texture and luscious quality that are the hallmarks of exquisite Pinot Noirs. From the early pioneering days to now, their Willamette Valley Pinot Noir has remained the foundation of Elk Cove Vineyards. This Pinot Noir is blended from several select vineyard sites comprised of Pommard and Dijon plant material and shows the softest, most approachable drinking style Elk Cove makes.
A multi-faceted nose of cherry, tobacco, violets and pastry introduces a wine with great purity of fruit. Its fresh, rounded notes of plums, currants and fresh candied cherries give way to finely balanced tannins in this elegant, bright wine.
- Item #: i_232570Bottle Size: 750mlSeven Springs Vineyard was planted in 1984 by Al MacDonald on an east-facing slope, in the iron-rich and rocky, volcanic soils of the Eola-Amity Hills. Al planted what would become one of Oregon's most recognized vineyards who sold fruit to many benchmark Oregon producers. The vineyard's position opposite of the windy Van Duzer Corridor mitigates hot, sunny afternoons in the Willamette Valley with cool winds from the Pacific. As valley temperatures increase throughout the day, warm air rises, replaced by cooling winds flooding in from the Pacific through the Van Duzer gap and across the vineyard providing extended hang time at harvest. The vineyard has always been dry farmed, it's certified LIVE and was converted to biodynamic viticulture in 2007.
At the helm of Seven Springs is Rajat Parr, world renowned wine sommelier and Sashi Moorman, known for his passion for winemaking and viticulture. Together, these two bring an insurmountable amount of knowledge leading Seven Springs into its 4th decade producing outstanding wines at an affordable price point!