- Item #: i_228290Bottle Size: 750mlThe Hahn Family has been farming in the Santa Lucia Highlands area since the late ‘70s with land purchased to graze livestock. It didn’t take long for Nicky Hahn to see a much greater potential for his acreage and by 1980 had produced his first wine. The region’s climate was unique from surrounding areas and over the next 8 years it gained its status as an AVA thanks to Nicky Hahn leading the charge. Over the years the family has acquired additional Vineyards in the region totaling 650 acres all sustainably farmed and family operated.
- Item #: i_238670Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Garys' Vineyard is a little more dense, focused, and tight, with beautiful black cherry and currant fruits as well as notes of camphor, new leather, violets, and earthy notes. I love its balance. Medium to full-bodied, it has nicely integrated acidity, subtle oak, and a great finish. It's going to keep for 7-8 years, easily. Along with the 2016, its the finest vintage of this release I've tasted!"
- Item #: i_255130Bottle Size: 750MLIn the hills of California's Monterey County lies an area that grows some of the very best Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Syrah. This area is known as the Santa Lucia Highlands. Like many other famed grape growing regions of the state, what once was known for orchards and vegetables farms has become heralded for their grapes, and Roar's Franscioni family is regarded as having one of the top vineyards in the area. In fact, the Franscioni's Rosella's and Sierra Mar Vineyards are in such demand, due to the stellar quality of fruit pulled off the vines, that the finished wines command prices similar to what is found in the Russian River Valley!
A blend of clones 23, 667, 777, Calera, Pisoni, Pommard, and Swan, this wine displays scents of lifted caramel and cream drift seamlessly through a core of cherry, berry, and warm leather. As the fruit expands into ripe melon and hints of plum on the palate, elements of forest floor and spice build into perfumed rose and tobacco leaf on the finish.
- Item #: i_261410Bottle Size: 375mlJeb Dunnuck: 93**Please note, this is a half sized bottleJEB DUNNUCK - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands is a smoking value. Racy cherry, cranberry, and floral notes all emerge from this juicy, clean, and classy effort. With good acidity, loads of sweet fruit, and a clean, balanced style, it's a beautiful wine."
- Item #: i_276215Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 91WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "A dried cherry-skin note meets with leather and dried herbs on the rather mellow nose of this young bottling. The palate combines roasted meats in plum sauce with Christmas spices, offering bright fruit alongside a hint of vanilla on the finish."