- Item #: i_208810Bottle Size: 750mlTerry Bering is the cellarmaster for Rochioli Vineyards. When he isn't busting his hump helping out the Rochioli family produce fantastic wines, Terry works on his own Pinot Noir Project! Terry makes flavorful, aromatic, and wonderfully nuanced wines that do justice to his Rochioli vineyard source.
The wine has really bright fruit tones of cherry and currants with a background of earth and mushroom. Aside from the flavor and nose the 2017 has an extremely pleasant effect on you that is noticeable in all higher quality wines. As with all my pinots, the 2016 has a long lingering finish that leaves you craving more. The wine tastes good now but it is better the next day and still great the 3rd day so the longer you wait to drink it the better it will be.
- Item #: i_214050Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "A classic Russian River Pinot, Dehlinger's 2017 Pinot Noir Goldridge is bold and succulent, with tons of presence and immediacy. Crushed red berries, spice and sweet red berry fruit all grace this super-expressive Pinot. Hints of dried cherry, hard candy, strawberry and sweet spice all add complexity. Best of all, the 2017 will drink well right out of the gate."
- Item #: i_274570Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 97Named in honor of co-proprietor Jennifer Hartford, this wine is defined by its power, concentration of fruit, structure and an underlying elegance. A wine that is built to age, Jennifer's proves that not all Pinot Noirs are shy, retiring, delicate souls. Jennifer's Pinot is sourced from a vineyard in the windy and very cool Sebastopol Hills sub region of the Russian River Valley AVA. Jennifer's Pinot is planted primarily to clone 23 and is known for very small berries, low yields and a high skin-to-pulp ratio. The dark color, intense black fruit aroma and flavor profile are a testament to the terroir of this site.
JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "One of the standouts in the lineup, the 2017 Pinot Noir Jennifer's comes from a vineyard south of Sebastopol, which sees lots of influence from the Petaluma Gap. Brought up largely in neutral oak (32% new), its deeper ruby/purple hue is followed by terrific notes of black raspberries, cedarwood, bay leaf, forest floor, and graphite. This head-turner is medium-bodied and has beautiful concentration, bright yet integrated acidity, and a killer finish. Locked and loaded, it needs 2-3 years of bottle age at a minimum, and my money is on it drinking brilliantly at age 20. It's a stunning, singular wine from this estate!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple colored, the 2017 Pinot Noir Jennifer's comes charging out of the gate with bold raspberry coulis, kirsch and warm redcurrant scents plus nuances of wild sage, damp soil, fallen leaves and spice box. Full-bodied, the palate is jam-packed with red berry preserves and earthy layers, framed by firm, fine-grained tannins, finishing long and perfumed. 298 cases were made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "One of the standouts in this tasting, the 2017 Pinot Noir Jennifer's is fabulous. Super-ripe red and purplish fruit, rose petal, lavender, game and blood orange infuse the 2017 with striking character. The Jennifer's is one of the more savory wines in the range. I especially admire the wine's aromatic depth, but there are many dimensions here to discover."
- Item #: i_228820Bottle Size: 375mlJeb Dunnuck: 95**Please note, this is a half sized bottlePLEASE NOTE THIS IS A 375mL BOTTLE
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "A crazy good value, the 2017 Pinot Noir Russian River Valley is the appellation release from this team, and it comes from all of the estate vineyards across the Green Valley, Laguna Ridge, and Sebastopol regions. Complex notes of strawberries, cranberries, violets, pine forest, and flowers all flow to a medium-bodied Pinot Noir that has a kiss of salinity and marine notes, ripe tannins, and a great finish. This beautiful wine competes with wines costing 2-3 times the price."
- Item #: i_233030Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2017 J Vineyards Russian River Valley Pinot Noir offers outstanding balance and opens with generous aromas of red cherry, raspberry, wild strawberry and spice. The palate delivers a lovely, smooth texture and notes of licorice, pomegranate and toast accented by a pleasing touch of red tea on the lingering finish.
- Item #: i_236930Bottle Size: 750mlThis Estate Vineyard provides Landmark with 93 acres of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Gris grapes. The vineyard is planted with 4 clones of Chardonnay and 14 clones of Pinot Noir dispersed over 44 separate blocks. With 5 distinctly different vineyard plots based upon elevation, topography and soils and with some vines nearly 30 years old, the complexity of Landmark's Hop Kiln Estate Vineyard is a new source of inspiration for winemaker, Greg Stach, and an incomparable source for top quality fruit for years to come.
This Pinot Noir is nearly full bodied with complex fruit of ripe strawberry raspberry and black cherry mixed with baking spice and licorice, toasted oak and savory autumn leaf elements joining sustained ripe fruit on the mid palate. The finish is long with moderate intensity fine tannins, balanced acidity with cherry cola and faint floral notes joining lingering ripe fruit.
- Item #: i_228260Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 95+ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS - " 'Pricing is important to me, says Steven Hansel. 'In the marketplace, most people treat wine like a commodity—if people are willing to pay $100, that's what it's sold for—without any relation to what it actually costs to make. If we're going to get young people to drink wine, they can't pay those prices. I believe young people would like to enjoy wine, but they don't have the resources. So, why are we raising prices? If we charge too much, they'll buy tequila or something else—and then we're all out of a job.' An astute observation. The Hansel wines, besides being delicious, provide excellent value. Bravo!"
"Pale to medium ruby-purple, the 2017 Pinot Noir Cahill Lane has a broody nose of sliced blueberry, black cherry and warm blackberries with cinnamon, nutmeg, tree bark and amaro accents plus crushed red cherries, raspberry jam, warm strawberries and dried flowers. Medium-bodied and silky, it fans out in the mouth with lush, concentrated fruits and tons and tons of spicy and earthy accents, with a firm frame of grainy tannins and very juicy acidity, finishing very long and layered. 750 cases produced."
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "This is a superb set of wines from Stephen Hansel. In my view, the Hansel Chardonnays and Pinots are quintessential expressions of the Russian River Valley. Best of all, these are some of the most fairly priced wines readers will find anywhere in the world."
"The 2017 Pinot Noir Cahill Lane Vineyard is soft, creamy and voluptuous, all of which give it tremendous raciness and immediacy, especially for this wine and given its bottling just two weeks before I saw it. Ripe red cherry/raspberry, mint, chalk and floral notes abound. The Cahill Lane is surprisingly, shockingly open at this stage, not that that will be an issue of any kind."