- Item #: i_200740Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Aromas of plums, strawberries and hints of toasted oak and smoke. Medium to full body, creamy tannins and an attractive, bitter, smoky finish. Some citrus, too. Drink now. Screw cap."
- Item #: i_207300Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine combines full and captivating aromatics with a delicate texture that defines the Balletto style of Pinot Noir. The wine itself is full of contradictory forces: it's weighty with a luscious mid-palate, but also surrounded by notable tannins and acidity that keep it focused, balanced and taut. It has plenty of dark fruit, but it's also layered with savory earth and spices that offset it.
- Item #: i_202610Bottle Size: 750mlThe Russian River Valley is recognized as one of the world's most ideal regions for growing Pinot Noir. Just a few miles from the Pacific ocean, the Russian River Valley benefits from natural air conditioning in the form of cool and often foggy air that arrives in the evening, then retreats the following morning. The result is a longer growing season which allows Pinot Noir to develop full flavors while retaining its natural acidity. The unique soils of the region also contribute exponentially to the quality of the wine grapes grown in them. Over millions of years water flowing off the mountains has carried with it eroded volcanic deposits and ancient, uplifted bedrock, while the Russian River has deposited large amounts of alluvial material to form prime benchlands.
This wine has a ruby-red color with sparkling garnet highlights, followed by aromatics of wild blackberry, Santa Rosa plum and strawberry with hints of oregano, sage and white pepper. Ripe on the palate with raspberry, boysenberry, black-fruit jam and warming spices, this finishes with moderate acidity and velvety tannins.
- Item #: i_212240Bottle Size: 750mlMade by Michael Browne (formerlly of Kosta Browne), this Russian River Valley Pinot Noir has aromas of violet, hibiscus, and dried rose petals. Subtle notes of light earth, ripe cherry, allspice and aged tobacco leaf. The palate has layers of black cherry, dark plum and lightly candied apple. A mouth-watering red-velvety texture, with lively acidity, a combination of soft and grippy tannins and a full mouth finish, centered on the mid-palate.
- Item #: i_220240Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 98JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "There are 780 cases of the 2018 Pinot Noir DuMOL Estate Vineyard, another awesome bottle of Pinot Noir from Andy Smith. All destemmed and aged 15 months in 45% new French oak, its deeper ruby color is followed by a stunning nose of black raspberries, scorched earth, charcoal, forest floor, and candied orange zest. Rich, medium to full-bodied, and beautifully concentrated, it has some background oak to integrate, but offers perfect balance in its tannins and acidity, a great mid-palate, and a great finish. Give bottles 2-3 years and enjoy over the following decade or more."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Estate Vineyard comes from Swan and Calera clones planted in 2004 at a high vine density (3,630 vines per acre). Medium ruby-purple, it's richly scented of warm cranberry sauce, black cherries, tea leaves, tobacco and earth with floral notes. Medium-bodied, it floods the mouth with dark, earth-laced fruits cut through with bright red berry and citrusy pops. It has a firm, finely grained frame and addicting juiciness, finishing very long. Wow!"
- Item #: i_219330Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93If this label looks familiar, it's because it comes from the same owners as Far Nientte, Nickel & Nickel and Dolce! Their first release was the 2007, and while we're always a bit skeptical of Cabernet producers dabbling in Pinot noir, one taste left us wanting seconds, thirds and fourths! Now that the 2012 has dropped, it is every bit as good as its predecessors. En Route owns two fantastic Pinot Noir properties: Graton Vineyard and the highly-esteemed Amber Ridge Vineyard! Both vineyards are planted to several different clones for added complexity and nuances.
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Rich, with voluptuous dark fruit flavors and Asian spice accents. Dark cherry and plum tart notes dominate, showing hints of cassis. Cedar and sandalwood details emerge on the creamy finish. Drink now through 2025."
- Item #: i_220640Bottle Size: 750MLOriginally Keefer Ranch, located in the southwestern corner of Green Valley in the Russian River Valley, was planted in 1988 by Marcy and Robert Keefer. Marcy continued to farm the Ranch with 13 acres of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay planted to it for 29 years, of which 11 years in Failla began to work with the Keefers. The vines grow upon beds of sandy goldridge loam just below the fog line providing a desirable cool climate influence. The grapes were harvested near the end of September and were 20% cluster, native yeast fermented before being aged for 11 months in new French oak. The wine is bottled unfined and unfiltered.
Aromatically the wine has notes of bright, juicy red cherries as well as an unmistakable bramble perfume. On the palate, the wine is rich with flavors of red berry pie, lovely baking spices, and balancing acidity.
- Item #: i_228860Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95The 2018 Hartford Court Russian River Valley Pinot Noir comes from a collection of small vineyards located throughout the Russian River Valley AVA, including Hartford Estate, Fog Dance, Hailey's Block, Jennifer's, MacLean's Block and Arrendell. Hartford makes single-vineyard bottlings from all of these, and those wines sell for $60 and above, yet the Hartford family utilizes these vineyards for this amazing Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, and this one sells for less than $30!!
The Russian River Valley is one of THE best places in the world for growing Pinot Noir. The cooling winds from the Pacific Ocean spread throughout the area, and help to moderate the temperatures throughout the day, whereas vineyards just to the east are exceptionally warmer. Also, the soils are a mix of sand, clay, and silt. The clay brings richness to a wine, while the sand brings more flowered aromatics and brightness in the wine. If you ask us, this sounds like the recipe for Pinot Noir perfection!
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "Starting with the 2018 Pinot Noir Russian River Valley, which comes from multiple sites and was brought up in 27% new French oak, it has a vivid ruby hue to go with classic Russian River notes of mulled cherry and raspberry fruits, cola, spice box, and dried herbs. Medium-bodied, round, and beautifully textured, it's a totally charming, balanced, elegant Pinot Noir that punches way above its weight."
- Item #: i_233880Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of fruit from the Kanzler Estate, as well as Walker Station, Mes Filles, and Wind Horse vineyards, this 2018 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir wine is opulent and rich while still displaying great freshness. The classic silky Pinot texture is more chocolate mousse than heavy whipping cream, and the tannins show enough grip to hold and frame the wine without being bitter or obtrusive. The high percentage of once-used barrels imparts a subtle oak characteristic that enhances and compliments the fruit and spice character. After opening for several hours, exotic sweet-spice notes reminiscent of liquors in the Vin Santo or Fernet range begin to appear, further enhancing the intrigue and complexity of this Pinot Noir.
- Item #: i_238820Bottle Size: 750mlLynmar's 2018 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir showcases the purity and vibrancy of the region with nuanced texture and bright aromatics. At its core, this wine is comprised of Lynmar's three Russian River Valley vineyards (Quail Hill, Susanna's and Adam's), along with neighboring properties that share their same viticultural philosophies.
A brilliant rose color in the glass, this wine exudes juicy aromatics of baked strawberry, dragon fruit and cherry cola. A focused but generous entry on the palate leads way to tastes of cherry juice, ripe red plum and baking spice culminating in lively tannins and a persistent finish. Enjoy upon release.
- Item #: i_275597Bottle Size: 750mlMartinelli's Bella Vigna label is curated from all of their estate vineyards in the Sonoma Coast appellation. They wanted to create an appellation blend that reflects the characteristics of their Sonoma Coast vineyards and is still true to our Martinelli style. Bella Vigna translates to "Beautiful Vines", so their winemaking team chose barrels that best denote the flavor profiles of their vineyards, showcasing how beautiful the fruit from the Sonoma Coast can be. The 2018 Bella Vigna Pinot Noir has a nose of dried cherry, licorice, and blueberry and ripe flavors of mouth-coating strawberry and dried cherry.
- Item #: i_230690Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 99JEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS - "The flagship release, the 2018 Pinot Noir Katherine Lindsay Estate comes from the Russian River Valley and saw 14% stems and 15 months in 53% new French oak. Medium ruby, with notes of raspberries, spice box, dried cherries, and assorted flowery incense and tea notes, it's wonderfully complex and medium to full-bodied, with seamless tannins and a great finish. Despite coming from the Russian River, it almost has a Sonoma Coast-like style in its perfumed aromatics and beautiful elegance."
- Item #: i_273604Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine has complex yet delicate nose of white pepper, fig reduction, black raspberry, cardamom and prosciutto. Layered and packed with fruit, it is round with powdery tannins that are both balanced and concentrated.
- Item #: i_274870Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "The Eastside Road vineyards from which this wine is crafted harmonize to make a wonderfully balanced wine. You can pick out the rose petals from Calegari, the earth and berry flavors from Foss, and the precision of red fruits from MacGregor. In the mouth, the balance is impeccable with juicy acidity that is wrapped around a fleshy, rich core. The finish is delightfully refreshing with a lift of citrus and black tea."
- Item #: i_271670Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Lewis MacGregor Estate Vineyard, from Pommard and Swan clone vines planted in 1990, has a medium ruby-purple color and broody scents of spiced cranberry sauce, baked blackberries, prosciutto, bergamot and saline. The palate is medium-bodied with slowly expanding fruits accented by loads of inherent spiciness and a mineral streak. It has a grainy frame and great freshness, finishing very long. Lovely! 423 cases were made."
- Item #: i_271650Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "In this quintessential Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, a bowl full of red fruits mix with aromas of roses and lavender, while notes of bergamot add liveliness to the nose. The palate is equally sensational, with an abundance of red fruits and a strong impression of English Breakfast tea starting from the mid-palate to the finish. Lurking in the background is a mineral impression owing to the red, rocky loam soil in which this vineyard is planted. At nearly 20 years old, these vines are in their prime."
- Item #: i_271760Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "In the glass, Amarena cherry and berry notes are immediately apparent. The aromas are layered and so tightly interwoven that the fruit components, dried herbs, and other earthy elements create a Zen-like harmony. The palate is equally balanced with equal parts texture, length, and breadth which come together and flow seamlessly across the tongue. On the finish, berry flavors and tangerine notes mix with minerals and creates a wonderfully delicate loamy sensation."
- Item #: i_271600Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Estate Vineyard comes from vines planted in 2002. It has a medium ruby-purple color and aromas of crushed blackberries, red cherries, cinnamon, dried tobacco leaves and charcuterie. The palate is medium-bodied with dark fruits, a firmer, grainy frame and a mineral streak, finishing long and still a tad youthfully closed. 629 cases were made."