- Item #: i_200035Bottle Size: 750mlROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Shea is made from hand-destemmed grapes fermented in a 500-liter terra cotta amphora. Medium ruby-purple in color, it opens slowly on the nose to wild red and black berries with broody touches of earth, tar and aniseed. The medium-bodied palate offers intense, seamlessly framed earth-laced fruits, and it finishes long and nuanced. There's more to come but this is youthfully shy, so give it another couple years bottle. 137 cases were made."
- Item #: i_212240Bottle Size: 750mlMade by Michael Browne (formerlly of Kosta Browne), this Russian River Valley Pinot Noir has aromas of violet, hibiscus, and dried rose petals. Subtle notes of light earth, ripe cherry, allspice and aged tobacco leaf. The palate has layers of black cherry, dark plum and lightly candied apple. A mouth-watering red-velvety texture, with lively acidity, a combination of soft and grippy tannins and a full mouth finish, centered on the mid-palate.
- Item #: i_228560Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "The complex aromas of dried cherry, blackberry bramble, orange peel, cherry tobacco, cedar, sandalwood, cardamom, pink peppercorn and forest floor give a decidedly autumn impression. Amazingly silky across the palate with sweet red fruits on the mid-palate, plenty of fine textured tannins and a long toasty finish. This is one of the most elegant and approachable Hanzell Vineyards Pinot Noirs in recent memory."
- Item #: i_245580Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 95The wines from Luc and Jodie Morlet have gained a feverish following here at Hi-Time. While their Cabernets and Chardonnays have garnered the limelight and were featured on our “Top Wine” lists in the past, this year it is one of their Pinot Noirs that has us salivating! Coming from a small vineyard in the Fort Ross-Seaview AVA on the Sonoma Coast, this property sits at 1,100 feet in elevation, and is on just the second ridge from the Pacific Ocean. The vineyard is above the fog line and enjoys long, sunny days, yet temps remain cool throughout most of the growing season. This gives the vines time to produce perfectly mature and ripe grapes, and Luc Morlet sorts the fruit berry-by-berry when they reach the winery, ensuring that only the best make it into the finished wine.
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "Things seem quite busy at Morlet Family Vineyards. Luc and Jodie Morlet are developing an additional 3.5 acres of land at their estate vineyard in St. Helena. Last year, the Morlets planted a new vineyard in the heart of Oakville, so there will be a greater focus on estate fruit in the future, once those newly planted vineyards come on line. Stylistically, the wines offer plenty of textural richness and opulence, as they always have. At the same time, I see a bit more freshness in these wines than was common just a few years ago."
"The 2014 Pinot Noir En Famillle is powerful and intense, but also linear. All the signatures of this site come through nicely, but also amped up with quite a bit of structural underpinning. Darker tonalities of red stone, saltiness, wild flowers and exotic spices lead into the finish. The bright acids and overall structure here are quite appealing."
ROBERT PARKER 94 POINTS - "The 2014 Pinot Noir En Famille has a more saturated color than the Coteaux Nobles. It offers up notes of black cherries, loamy soil, kirsch liqueur, Asian spice and a floral element. The wine is an outstanding, beautifully fresh Pinot Noir with plenty of black raspberry and kirsch liqueur-like notes. Drink it over the next decade."
- Item #: i_252945Bottle Size: 1.5LRaen is a new project put out by Carlo and Dante Mondavi, grandsons of the famed Robert Mondavi. Carlo and Dante are fourth generation vintners born and raised in Napa Valley who "cut their teeth" working under Tim Mondavi at the Robert Mondavi Winery as well as Opus One. The two brothers credit their dad Tim for the passion they share for Pinot Noir, as Tim is a big Burgundy fan and was a pioneer for California Pinot Noir through the '70s. Raen's Sonoma Coast bottling has been named Royal St. Robert Cuvee, in the honor of Carlo and Dante Mondavi's grandfather (Robert Mondavi) who taught them to be committed to excellence.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Pale to medium ruby-purple colored, the 2016 Pinot Noir Royal St. Robert struts a super savory nose of chargrilled meats, yeast extract, wood smoke and forest floor with a core of wild strawberries, raspberry tart and cranberries plus touches of dried Provence herbs and truffles. The medium-bodied palate reveals a chewy frame with seamless acid supporting a great core of expressive, earthy layers culminating in a long, mineral-laced finish."
- Item #: i_252930Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94Raen is a new project put out by Carlo and Dante Mondavi, grandsons of the famed Robert Mondavi. Carlo and Dante are fourth generation vintners born and raised in Napa Valley who "cut their teeth" working under Tim Mondavi at the Robert Mondavi Winery as well as Opus One. The two brothers credit their dad Tim for the passion they share for Pinot Noir, as Tim is a big Burgundy fan and was a pioneer for California Pinot Noir through the '70s. Raen's Sonoma Coast bottling has been named Royal St. Robert Cuvee, in the honor of Carlo and Dante Mondavi's grandfather (Robert Mondavi) who taught them to be committed to excellence.
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Bodega is the clear stand out in this range from Raen. Pliant and deep, with terrific presence, the Bodega is impeccably balanced from start to finish. I imagine it will be an even more compelling wine in another few years' time. Bright red cherry fruit, pomegranate, mint, spice and blood orange all infuse the 2018 with tons of character. This is such a pretty and expressive wine, but it needs time in bottle for some of its youthful austerity to soften."
- Item #: i_252830Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Sea Field is not fully expressive today. The bouquet is promising, but the 2018 is much less forthcoming on the palate. It will be interesting to see if time in bottle helps things come together more fully, as the 2018 is pretty hard to read at this stage. Even so, it does appear to be rather light in structure and depth."
- Item #: i_271670Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Lewis MacGregor Estate Vineyard, from Pommard and Swan clone vines planted in 1990, has a medium ruby-purple color and broody scents of spiced cranberry sauce, baked blackberries, prosciutto, bergamot and saline. The palate is medium-bodied with slowly expanding fruits accented by loads of inherent spiciness and a mineral streak. It has a grainy frame and great freshness, finishing very long. Lovely! 423 cases were made."